New Shift wheelieboyz banner??

Tpog496
7/1/2015 9:51am
Loftin79 wrote:
I'm pretty sure every person on this forum has ripped their bike down a public street a time or 2. I know I have
Just last night actually. Gotta get her warmed up before changing oil!
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
7/1/2015 9:52am
Gringoe wrote:
The people saying they won't buy shift will probably just buy fox Laughing
Yeah, I'm one of those. I ride Fox but wouldn't support this from Shift.

I know the money ultimately goes into the same pocket, but you have two different brands, targeted at two different demographics. If they see that their messaging about one brand isn't working or is alienating true fans, they will change it. They know exactly how many units they move of Fox vs. Shift. The message would still be clear.
P
7/1/2015 10:14am
Uncle Tony wrote:
I agree with you 100 percent but that's emig and twitch so it's cool? And we wonder why MX is shrinking, idiots doing stupid human tricks...
I agree with you 100 percent but that's emig and twitch so it's cool? And we wonder why MX is shrinking, idiots doing stupid human tricks on city streets
I've never been to South America, but in Central America people wouldn't blink an eye at that. Everywhere isn't the same.

P
Thelen20
7/1/2015 10:22am
This would not be near as big of a deal if the wheelie boys didn't exist imo

But I, as a guy who loves my black and white faction gear, am really disappointed that the brass at shift did not have to foresight to avoid this add for the now obvious reasons

Sigh

The Shop

Uncle Tony
7/1/2015 10:23am
Uncle Tony wrote:
I agree with you 100 percent but that's emig and twitch so it's cool? And we wonder why MX is shrinking, idiots doing stupid human tricks...
I agree with you 100 percent but that's emig and twitch so it's cool? And we wonder why MX is shrinking, idiots doing stupid human tricks on city streets
P wrote:
I've never been to South America, but in Central America people wouldn't blink an eye at that. Everywhere isn't the same.

P
P that's true but it doesn't look good for our sport, guys riding through city streets doing wheelies up and down stairs, just being a plain menace, plus That video is shown here not on Chilean website
P
7/1/2015 10:29am
Uncle Tony wrote:
P wrote:

P
Uncle Tony wrote:
P that's true but it doesn't look good for our sport, guys riding through city streets doing wheelies up and down stairs, just being a plain...
P that's true but it doesn't look good for our sport, guys riding through city streets doing wheelies up and down stairs, just being a plain menace, plus That video is shown here not on Chilean website
Yeah, but it clearly says Chile. I don't think it's that big of a deal, but that's just me.

P
TailSoHard
7/1/2015 10:59am
Are people really unwilling to support Shift because of this ad?
I'm not going to go around telling people not to buy their stuff, people can choose to wear whatever they want. I, however, will be giving money to a different company next time I need gear. If Shift wants to market themselves to people who think that kind of riding is cool or harmless, then I wish them the best of luck (and in all reality, they'll probably make a ton of money, so it's the right move in their eyes...). That being said, I'll be purchasing from a company like Fly/WPS, who stepped up to be a major sponsor for the Pro Nationals, donates all kinds of goods/funds to local racers and organizations, and has sent reps to my dealership who go out on the weekends and help us run local camps to help kids learn how to ride safely and respectfully.

Canerat
7/1/2015 11:00am
Will never buy anything from SHIfT again and will make sure non of my riding buddies do.

I'm speechless.....here's hoping a idiot from SHIfT is reading here.
RPM68
7/1/2015 11:05am
I'm just laughing at this point. 'Merica
akillerwombat
7/1/2015 11:06am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2015 11:07am

... it's not like Redbull has done anything for our sport either. Everyone needs to get off their high as fuck horses.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/1/2015 11:23am
I'm catching a distinct whiff of mangina in here.
hvaughn88
7/1/2015 11:24am
Are people willing to support shift because of this ad?
jndmx
7/1/2015 11:24am
GuyB wrote:
LOL....
hvaughn88
7/1/2015 11:25am
GuyB wrote:
That's just a rotting Hoagie
akillerwombat
7/1/2015 11:28am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2015 11:29am
hvaughn88 wrote:
Are people willing to support shift because of this ad?
As a branding / marketing person I'll be the first to say this ad does pretty much nothing to make the brand look appealing (or unappealing)... it kind of just "is".

They could have made something a lot stronger.
Uncle Tony
7/1/2015 11:50am
GuyB no one was harmed, but what's the point of shift making a video of motocross bikes riding around through city streets,don't they sell motocross gear?
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
7/1/2015 11:53am
There's been so many MTB videos from that zone in Chile. I think it's rad Shift created a unique ad campaign. Everyone is reading into this way too deep.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/1/2015 11:54am
Uncle Tony wrote:
GuyB no one was harmed, but what's the point of shift making a video of motocross bikes riding around through city streets,don't they sell motocross gear?
Yes. Every motocross gear brand should just walk in the steps of every other motocross gear brand before them. Do not deviate...

Here's the text from their PR.

The streets of Valparaiso, Chile are a long way from Southern California. No matter what you ride or where you ride, the essence of Shift is to have fun and cause a little havoc while doing it. Jeff Emig and Jeremy “Twitch” Stenberg showcase the new 2016 Shift line riding by down sets of stairs, climbing up the hills, and through crowded downtown streets of Valparaiso. Riding without boundaries. No permits, no permission; just a desire to ride dirt bikes, and have some fun.
machine
7/1/2015 11:55am
GuyB wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
That's just a rotting Hoagie
Grinning
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
7/1/2015 12:02pm
That's just going to get a bunch of Shift gear stolen from dealers. Smile
Uncle Tony
7/1/2015 12:15pm
Uncle Tony wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Yes. Every motocross gear brand should just walk in the steps of every other motocross gear brand before them. Do not deviate... Here's the text from...
Yes. Every motocross gear brand should just walk in the steps of every other motocross gear brand before them. Do not deviate...

Here's the text from their PR.

The streets of Valparaiso, Chile are a long way from Southern California. No matter what you ride or where you ride, the essence of Shift is to have fun and cause a little havoc while doing it. Jeff Emig and Jeremy “Twitch” Stenberg showcase the new 2016 Shift line riding by down sets of stairs, climbing up the hills, and through crowded downtown streets of Valparaiso. Riding without boundaries. No permits, no permission; just a desire to ride dirt bikes, and have some fun.
They need a new PR guy, Jeez all those years I lived in NYC i should have taken out my CR500 and rode up Hudson street, Riding without boundaries, no permits, no permission, just a desire to ride dirt bikes on city streets, and have some fun, that's how he should have worded it, I think it's sad, but it all comes down to the dollar
TailSoHard
7/1/2015 12:18pm
All it takes is one cranky PMS'ing mom with a migraine to call into the local 5-0 and complain about the hooligans running up and down the street for you to get your local riding area taken away from you. It happened to me with our own personal track when I was younger, and it happens all over the world every day. The last thing we need is more people riding wheelies up and down the street pissing off the AARP members... They can't take away your bike, but they can take away your place to ride it (in which case we'll have no choice but to ride on the streets).

You know what moms say when they come into my shop looking for a youth ATV?? I'll recommend they go with a dirt bike instead and they say "oh, there's no way I'd let my kid ride a dirt bike, they're way too dangerous... They can have an ATV but I'm not buying them a dirt bike" You know why that is?? Cause all their kids see is the guys riding freestyle, crashes, and videos like this of riders illegally dodging traffic and they go "mommy! I wanna be like that guy!!" And if that's all the mom knows about the industry, then I don't blame her for not buying one! The shitty part is, if there are no moms buying kids bikes, there are no teenagers growing up riding motocross bikes, no adults buying gear, nobody going to races, no more used bikes for sale, nobody logging on to Vital anymore, nobody buying parts online, no more dealerships... and ironically, no more Shift
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/1/2015 12:19pm
I had no idea MXers were so sensitive now. Wink
Uncle Tony
7/1/2015 12:27pm
It's not being sensitive, it's loving MX, and shift is making us out to look like hooligans, that kinda behavior my appeal to some, but I doubt any real MXer likes their ad
wsc96
Fantasy
451st
7/1/2015 12:32pm
This is lame from Shift. I agree with those that think this isn't in the best interest of the sport of motocross.
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
7/1/2015 12:35pm
GuyB wrote:
You have to remember the era that some of us came from. Many of us used to push our bike down the side of a road to get to a riding area in the country. The anarchists did the half idle riding side saddle like that was more law abiding. ha.

I think it was swap that said he doesn't even start his bike in his garage out of respect for his neighbours and the sport. It's obvious that street riding will rub some of us the wrong way given the way that the wheelieboyz, etc are hitting the media.
Xeno
7/1/2015 12:39pm
GuyB wrote:
GuyB can you schedule a Vital MX Forum QNA with some Wheelie Boyz? A few of the fellas have some questions for them.

Thanks in advance! It should be real entertaining Woohoo

Post a reply to: New Shift wheelieboyz banner??

The Latest