New Moto-Movie EPIC

motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 7:09pm
Quite frankly the best cinematography EVER in a moto movie- watch it on an HD tv and its almost to much to handle... Good work Vurb!!
|
DPW
11/30/2009 3:39am
yes, it's good...my new favorite!
jo2910
11/30/2009 5:14am
Yep really good picture quality! the first few images I saw I was stunned. Must say from a Euro perspective although the image are excellent I wish I knew more of the guys in there it's just a bit different when you don't know the guys. Oh and it just makes the US look like the holy land just look at those tracks there all perfectly groomed and in beautiful scenery!!

Weird to see Christian Craig laughing off his crash.
johansen
11/30/2009 5:43am
I don't like it that much. The photography is really good but it's something in the way it's edited that leaves more to be desired. I think it's the non-stop clips of riding with no pauses kills the quality of the movie. Show some background stuff and put in some interviews between the segments. This movie doesn't tell a story so it's get boring after a while. The music is very one-lined (except for the MGMT song) so I think the filmmaker need to mix it up a little. I grew up watching all types of actionsports movies (snowboard, mx, skate and so on) and one thing I learned is that music plays a huge part in these types of movies. If you want to watch a really good snowboard movie I recommend Afterlame from 2005.
DPW
11/30/2009 5:55am
johansen wrote:
I don't like it that much. The photography is really good but it's something in the way it's edited that leaves more to be desired. I...
I don't like it that much. The photography is really good but it's something in the way it's edited that leaves more to be desired. I think it's the non-stop clips of riding with no pauses kills the quality of the movie. Show some background stuff and put in some interviews between the segments. This movie doesn't tell a story so it's get boring after a while. The music is very one-lined (except for the MGMT song) so I think the filmmaker need to mix it up a little. I grew up watching all types of actionsports movies (snowboard, mx, skate and so on) and one thing I learned is that music plays a huge part in these types of movies. If you want to watch a really good snowboard movie I recommend Afterlame from 2005.
all the reasons you didn't like it is the reason I liked it...

no interviews....+
non-stop action+
music+

The Shop

jo2910
11/30/2009 6:33am
Yeah I guess it's all down to preferences but I don't think interview of teenagers would have been all that interesting. I don't know if you've seen That's it that's all Snowboard movie from Travis Rice there's a lot of interview in there but this would be like interviews of RC. Afterlame was pretty good.

I agree that something is missing like a mood for the film could have done with not interviews but maybe life sequences, jokes or things like that to break from the clip after clip of riding. I quite like the music.

Don't know who long they are going to be doing DVD like that it seems like there are more and more people releasing free full length film on the net. Check this MTB video 45min of really good quality for free

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Whats-Next3F---Watch-free-Now21.html
Andimers
11/30/2009 7:29am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:12pm
After seeing this movie I was amazed by how good it was, then I read a comment asking Wes if it was influenced by the snowboard movie That's It, That's All, so I got myself this movie and WOOW stunning, you should definitely check it out if you like EPIC.

Tiki
Fantasy
1695th
11/30/2009 8:50am
Andimers wrote:
After seeing this movie I was amazed by how good it was, then I read a comment asking Wes if it was influenced by the snowboard...
After seeing this movie I was amazed by how good it was, then I read a comment asking Wes if it was influenced by the snowboard movie That's It, That's All, so I got myself this movie and WOOW stunning, you should definitely check it out if you like EPIC.

This looks awesome. I love mountain riding films. Not much for the park jibbing. No soul.

Will have to check out Epic as well. Thanks for sharing that.
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
11/30/2009 11:43am Edited Date/Time 11/30/2009 11:46am
I think its the type of moto movie you would play in the background at a party and everyone would be super happy- crank the sound up and it provides the party music...

It is def different to other moto movies- not really the type you would sit down and watch hard core like on any sunday or moto- but it has its place in my dvd collection for sure.
Best summed up by the words "Unique" and "Arty" ... If you have watched lots of moto and like camera angles and quality- this is it
johansen
11/30/2009 11:52am
Yeah your'e probably right about interviews with teenagers Smile

Thats it Thats all is good, has some good and bad parts. The backcountry session where they jump over and through the trees is great. Also like the session with the revival song. I don't like the metal songs though!

Moto the movie was good, it was easier to get a grip on. Divided in different parts and overall a more interesting movie.
11/30/2009 12:44pm
I liked it, but deffiinently only watch it once. Like said, it doesnt tell a story, its just like a million 4-5 sec clips thrown together, no mood, some interviews would of been nice.
But that said, you have to get this film, its got some cool shots.

Great DVD, but I was asking for more, i still love the TGO's, cant beat them.
mxtryon231
11/30/2009 1:12pm
Andimers wrote:
After seeing this movie I was amazed by how good it was, then I read a comment asking Wes if it was influenced by the snowboard...

Travis rice... the best
12/1/2009 8:35am
johansen wrote:
I don't like it that much. The photography is really good but it's something in the way it's edited that leaves more to be desired. I...
DPW wrote:
all the reasons you didn't like it is the reason I liked it...

no interviews....+
non-stop action+
music+

Honestly, that's exactly what I was going for. To me, the interviews thing has gotten so played out and I don't know how many more times I can listen to these guys talk so "profoundly" about motocross.

Curt Morgan's "That's It, That's All" was a huge inspiration to me, and will certainly continue to be. With the limited budget I had, my goal was to produce something that I could even compare to his, from the packaging, to the music, the editing, and shooting. I feel we put together something that hasn't ever been done in moto - it's an extremely unique package all the way around.

Granted, I know a product can never please everyone. There will always be lovers and haters, but I put together a product that made me happy. And I truly appreciate all the nice words and comments from everyone. Thanks a ton for your support.
Motodrew295
12/1/2009 11:21am
Great movie, I liked it for what it was. it portrayed moto as an art, and the riding is the entertainment. I'm not one for interviews, those kids all have the same thing to say...they want to succeed in moto, no new insight from an amatuer rider.

I really like the on the pipe series, they are great films, a little too much freestyle at times but its a good mix. The terrafirms are also great films, they never get old.
ktm212
12/1/2009 2:05pm
best movie ever, period. no talking just sick music, sick shots, and amazingggg quality, it was like i was at the track with my skull candy headphones on! so sick. worth every epnny and then some
Ben Hargas
12/1/2009 2:38pm
Andimers wrote:

That movie is legit! They have like a step on step off on one of the back country clips that is so sick.

Post a reply to: New Moto-Movie EPIC

The Latest