New Jersey SX info please

motomx88
It's our first trip to New York which I planned because of the race. Any tips or do and don't would be helpful. Places to eat that are a must. Places or areas to stay away from. We are staying in the Meadowlands and taking the train to Penn Station everyday. Hope the train is safe. Any help would be appreciated
|
motomx88
4/27/2017 1:23pm
Haha. I can't wait. Thanks for the pizza tip. We are looking for tgat kind of stuff
DanDunes818
4/27/2017 2:25pm
motomx88 wrote:
It's our first trip to New York which I planned because of the race. Any tips or do and don't would be helpful. Places to eat...
It's our first trip to New York which I planned because of the race. Any tips or do and don't would be helpful. Places to eat that are a must. Places or areas to stay away from. We are staying in the Meadowlands and taking the train to Penn Station everyday. Hope the train is safe. Any help would be appreciated
I go to at least 1/2 the SX's every year now and this one has been a must every year since my first NJ trip in 2014. I usually get a car, but I've found no issues with the trains being dangerous or really anywhere being too crazy in that regard. As far as places that are a must, it's fricken NYC baby. There's probably 300 must see places. Haha..

By the way, I get a car because I absolutely love driving in NYC. Being from the west coast, I've always been considered an asshole aggressive driver and that's the one place I've found that I fit in. People don't use lanes or blinkers (they know how to use the horn, though) and drive like they're in the first lap of a SX main event. I love it!

motomx88
4/27/2017 8:05pm
motomx88 wrote:
It's our first trip to New York which I planned because of the race. Any tips or do and don't would be helpful. Places to eat...
I go to at least 1/2 the SX's every year now and this one has been a must every year since my first NJ trip in...
I go to at least 1/2 the SX's every year now and this one has been a must every year since my first NJ trip in 2014. I usually get a car, but I've found no issues with the trains being dangerous or really anywhere being too crazy in that regard. As far as places that are a must, it's fricken NYC baby. There's probably 300 must see places. Haha..

By the way, I get a car because I absolutely love driving in NYC. Being from the west coast, I've always been considered an asshole aggressive driver and that's the one place I've found that I fit in. People don't use lanes or blinkers (they know how to use the horn, though) and drive like they're in the first lap of a SX main event. I love it!

Haha. I thought about a car but i hear parking a such a pain. Your name makes me think your an old Indian Dunes guy from the valley like me. Have fun at the race.
DanDunes818
4/27/2017 8:13pm
motomx88 wrote:
I go to at least 1/2 the SX's every year now and this one has been a must every year since my first NJ trip in...

motomx88 wrote:
Haha. I thought about a car but i hear parking a such a pain. Your name makes me think your an old Indian Dunes guy from...
Haha. I thought about a car but i hear parking a such a pain. Your name makes me think your an old Indian Dunes guy from the valley like me. Have fun at the race.
I don't know who you are, but I am from the Valley my name is because of Indian Dunes. My dad, Gary Lamb, was park manager at Indian Dunes and I got the nickname Danny Dunes because I lived there basically. So I'm probably the guy you're thinking of. Wink

The Shop

MaxPower
4/27/2017 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2017 8:30pm
When walking around the city, don't walk around with your head looking up at the buildings, stopping in the middle of the sidewalk you will stand out as a tourist the same as a C Class racer showing up at the track dressed for his first race dressed in his gear and and ready to go out for the first practice of the morning

I highly doubt anyone will bother you on the train or anywhere else. People in NY are the same as people anywhere. There are some nice and some douchebags. Only there are a lot more of them.
You are fortunate, you are visiting the city at a good time. When the warm weather first breaks, it seems all the pretty girls come out like spring flowers.
motomx88
4/27/2017 8:25pm

motomx88 wrote:
Haha. I thought about a car but i hear parking a such a pain. Your name makes me think your an old Indian Dunes guy from...
I don't know who you are, but I am from the Valley my name is because of Indian Dunes. My dad, Gary Lamb, was park manager...
I don't know who you are, but I am from the Valley my name is because of Indian Dunes. My dad, Gary Lamb, was park manager at Indian Dunes and I got the nickname Danny Dunes because I lived there basically. So I'm probably the guy you're thinking of. Wink
The best times of my young life was there. If you see a guy in the pits this weekend wearing a black Holley shirt say hi. Ill be with a tall blond girl that's hard to miss, lol
4/27/2017 11:08pm
Whatever you do do NOT go to a chain restaurant. Last time I was in NYC I went to a tgi Fridays and they wanted like $30 for a burger.
PN27416
4/28/2017 4:04am
Ground zero for sure. Little Italy for GREAT food.
4/28/2017 5:46am Edited Date/Time 4/28/2017 5:46am
Prospect Park, Brooklyn Heights Promenade, Grand Central Station. Absolutely stunning.
Camp332
4/28/2017 6:14am
Lot's to do, see, and eat in SoHo. Stay the hell away from Times Square
motomx88
4/28/2017 3:19pm
Thanks for the suggestions. We are now here and it was cool to see Craig on our flight from LA. No i didnt bug him at 6 30 in the morning. But heading into the city now to check out some of the suggestions. Thanks again.

Post a reply to: New Jersey SX info please

The Latest