New Florida track

motofab36
Edited Date/Time 12/3/2014 6:31pm
Sorry if I missed a post on this already. Could this be a future home for a southeast national?

http://vurbmoto.com/videos/florida-tracks-and-trails-official-first-loo…
|
Overdrive
12/3/2014 9:07am
Im wondering if they are shooting for a national? Its one hell of a big facility to not throw their hat in the ring, FLORIDA does need a national again!
12/3/2014 9:44am
Freestone was to flat but use a bunch of gasoline and machinery and pile up a bunch of dirt piles in a field and it's better??

Jakes Dad
12/3/2014 9:45am
WW Ranch IMHO is setup better logistically, this place is more of an off roader's Disney World. Not to say Dream Traxx creation isn't up to that standard. Just the place as a whole is going after a different demographic.
HOPSTOOPID
12/3/2014 9:47am
Freestone was to flat but use a bunch of gasoline and machinery and pile up a bunch of dirt piles in a field and it's better??

Unfortunately Yes, just ask the people over at Miller Motorsports Park

The Shop

Overdrive
12/3/2014 10:05am
Unfortunately Florida is pretty flat....lol Unless you build a track around an old quarry your going to have to pile up a bunch of dirt. With all the teams and the large Baker training facility building up in the Clermont/Orlando area we need a national down here.
12/3/2014 10:05am
Agreed a national in Florida would be cool, but I dont think the circuit needs another "flat" track..
12/3/2014 10:38am
Jakes Dad wrote:
WW Ranch IMHO is setup better logistically, this place is more of an off roader's Disney World. Not to say Dream Traxx creation isn't up to...
WW Ranch IMHO is setup better logistically, this place is more of an off roader's Disney World. Not to say Dream Traxx creation isn't up to that standard. Just the place as a whole is going after a different demographic.
Dream Traxx built WW Ranch
12/3/2014 11:21am
Agreed a national in Florida would be cool, but I dont think the circuit needs another "flat" track..
there isn't one real sand track on the circuit.

The reality is that FL won't get a national until another track loses one. It's politics people. The races dont really go to the best tracks, they go to the best negotiators.
Jakes Dad
12/3/2014 12:25pm
Jakes Dad wrote:
WW Ranch IMHO is setup better logistically, this place is more of an off roader's Disney World. Not to say Dream Traxx creation isn't up to...
Dream Traxx built WW Ranch
I knew that just saying Jason built probably a better track at FTT than WW . But hotels, travel distance and dining are better around WW.
12/3/2014 1:36pm
there isn't one real sand track on the circuit. The reality is that FL won't get a national until another track loses one. It's politics people...
there isn't one real sand track on the circuit.

The reality is that FL won't get a national until another track loses one. It's politics people. The races dont really go to the best tracks, they go to the best negotiators.
It can be flat as a pancake for all I care. I just don't get why massive mounds of dirt have to be piled together to make a track on flat land "good." To me, Lommel and Lierop (and plenty of other tracks) are amazing circuits on flat pieces of land.

Sure, big mounds of dirt catch the eye, but how good of a race track is it? Granted, I have not ridden it. Maybe my age and open motorsport passion makes me like tracks that are more about flowing through straights and corners with a few jumps thrown in for fun. Not a bunch of jumps with corners thrown in to make it a loop.
wfo4ever
12/3/2014 1:39pm
WW Motocross Park would be a great place for a national.
njracer46
12/3/2014 2:07pm
WW.. Yeah not many positive things I have to say about that place. Certainly will not be going back, I'll take bostwick any day over that place.
resetjet
12/3/2014 3:33pm
Too hot down here during mx season.....98 degrees and 98 humidity
Gringoe
12/3/2014 4:01pm
njracer46 wrote:
WW.. Yeah not many positive things I have to say about that place. Certainly will not be going back, I'll take bostwick any day over that...
WW.. Yeah not many positive things I have to say about that place. Certainly will not be going back, I'll take bostwick any day over that place.
You're one of the very few that feel that way!
Skerby
12/3/2014 4:08pm

Don't worry bro, they will probably use diesel.
njracer46
12/3/2014 4:12pm
Gringoe wrote:
Yes I know, you all have seemed to have a good experience but I did not enjoy my time at this place. Say what you want but the track owner was a big part of that reason. I've been to most tracks in the northern/ central Florida area and this will be one that I will never be going back to.
Preston412
12/3/2014 5:30pm
Gringoe wrote:
njracer46 wrote:
Yes I know, you all have seemed to have a good experience but I did not enjoy my time at this place. Say what you want...
Yes I know, you all have seemed to have a good experience but I did not enjoy my time at this place. Say what you want but the track owner was a big part of that reason. I've been to most tracks in the northern/ central Florida area and this will be one that I will never be going back to.
Must have been a bad day for you and junior. I got almost two practice sessions in, around 25 minutes of ride time and fuel pump went out on my bike and Junior refunded me my fee.
12/3/2014 5:55pm
It can be flat as a pancake for all I care. I just don't get why massive mounds of dirt have to be piled together to...
It can be flat as a pancake for all I care. I just don't get why massive mounds of dirt have to be piled together to make a track on flat land "good." To me, Lommel and Lierop (and plenty of other tracks) are amazing circuits on flat pieces of land.

Sure, big mounds of dirt catch the eye, but how good of a race track is it? Granted, I have not ridden it. Maybe my age and open motorsport passion makes me like tracks that are more about flowing through straights and corners with a few jumps thrown in for fun. Not a bunch of jumps with corners thrown in to make it a loop.
Not saying it won't make a good venue because I'm sure it will. I just enjoy "natural" tracks like Unadilla, Ironman, Budds etc. SX is flat, nationals should have natural elevation changes.
njracer46
12/3/2014 5:55pm
Preston412 wrote:
Must have been a bad day for you and junior. I got almost two practice sessions in, around 25 minutes of ride time and fuel pump...
Must have been a bad day for you and junior. I got almost two practice sessions in, around 25 minutes of ride time and fuel pump went out on my bike and Junior refunded me my fee.
We rode 2 practice sessions and going out for another one when he comes running up saying, tracks closed. This was around 1, he had to go out somewhere. After paying a high gate fee, high for Florida, normal for me up here. Didn't even mention he was shutting the track early that day. No refunds, no half day price, just hey you're pretty much screwed. I could have gone somewhere else if I would have known he was going to be closing early. When you're only down for a week, every bit of riding counts. I felt screwed. That was one of a few things that happened that day.

Like I said, I'm sure most of you have a had a good experience but I won't be going back.
Jack mehoff
12/3/2014 6:31pm
Preston412 wrote:
Must have been a bad day for you and junior. I got almost two practice sessions in, around 25 minutes of ride time and fuel pump...
njracer46 wrote:
We rode 2 practice sessions and going out for another one when he comes running up saying, tracks closed. This was around 1, he had to...
We rode 2 practice sessions and going out for another one when he comes running up saying, tracks closed. This was around 1, he had to go out somewhere. After paying a high gate fee, high for Florida, normal for me up here. Didn't even mention he was shutting the track early that day. No refunds, no half day price, just hey you're pretty much screwed. I could have gone somewhere else if I would have known he was going to be closing early. When you're only down for a week, every bit of riding counts. I felt screwed. That was one of a few things that happened that day.

Like I said, I'm sure most of you have a had a good experience but I won't be going back.
You should off invited him to look at something in the side door off your van and gave him a good old fashion NJ blanket party untill the money accidentally feel out off his pocket

Post a reply to: New Florida track

The Latest