New Feld rules for the Media

motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
I have heard a lot of chatter this week about the news rules imposed on the media from Feld on race day. Apparently no recorded interviews are allowed unless approved by Feld? Also no video interviews without the Feld's backdrop behind the interviewee? Im a big fan of TWMX's "How was your Weekend" and though it they still did it at A1 they were only interviewing riders on the floor with the Monster background which I would imagine severely limits the riders they were able to interview. Unless a rider is on the podium most of them ride it back to the pits as soon as the races are over. Can someone with knowledge of the situation give us some insight into the new rules and maybe why they are being imposed? I hear KTM was leading the charge for getting these new rules imposed.
|
MudPup545
1/11/2017 5:14am
The KTM theory makes no sense in regards to the Monster logo having to be in the background. Title sponsor is Red Bull.
Pirate421
1/11/2017 5:29am
Maybe WP interview this weekend with matthes about friese had something to do with it?
sam hain
1/11/2017 5:44am
From a riders POV I would like the rule change, with so many media outlets at the races they get asked/answer the same question 100 times. At least this way is 1/1 not 100/100.
JAFO92
1/11/2017 5:52am
The Octopus lives.............. Whistling

The Shop

731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
1/11/2017 6:59am
I think it is pretty stupid and how could it possibly be enforceable by Feld? What gives them the power to control people talking to people?
kkawboy14
1/11/2017 7:01am
731chopper wrote:
I think it is pretty stupid and how could it possibly be enforceable by Feld? What gives them the power to control people talking to people?
It's their show, if I was a rider I would like it for sure.
If they don't answer the question asked I guess we will know next week.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
1/11/2017 7:08am
kkawboy14 wrote:
It's their show, if I was a rider I would like it for sure. If they don't answer the question asked I guess we will know...
It's their show, if I was a rider I would like it for sure.
If they don't answer the question asked I guess we will know next week.
What contracts do they have with the riders? Seems like if the teams and riders formed an association this is something they could offer to Feld but right now there is no such association.

It's stupid that they want this in my opinion. They're limiting the exposure and for what reason? They are selling access to the new post race press conference, is that what this is about?
newmann
1/11/2017 7:56am
Well, they kicked Holley in the nuts a while back on the live feed when there was no live television. Then limited the interviews to two minute snippets or some bullshit didn't they? Guy B may have to get authorization from Feld to reply to this thread.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
1/11/2017 8:05am
motoxxx599 wrote:
I have heard a lot of chatter this week about the news rules imposed on the media from Feld on race day. Apparently no recorded interviews...
I have heard a lot of chatter this week about the news rules imposed on the media from Feld on race day. Apparently no recorded interviews are allowed unless approved by Feld? Also no video interviews without the Feld's backdrop behind the interviewee? Im a big fan of TWMX's "How was your Weekend" and though it they still did it at A1 they were only interviewing riders on the floor with the Monster background which I would imagine severely limits the riders they were able to interview. Unless a rider is on the podium most of them ride it back to the pits as soon as the races are over. Can someone with knowledge of the situation give us some insight into the new rules and maybe why they are being imposed? I hear KTM was leading the charge for getting these new rules imposed.
There was a bit of a mix-up when it comes to interviews this weekend, but GuyB was able to clarify with Prater later on it. There's no rule against the media doing interviews anywhere we want, although we were initially informed there was. Feld is just trying to go for a cleaner image by having these after-race press conferences and trying to get any rider we want to interview to this location. We're still free to skip the press conference if we choose and hunt down riders/teams to interview anywhere at ours and their's leisure. Based on my current understanding, there's no rule against video interviews for now.
newmann
1/11/2017 8:29am
motoxxx599 wrote:
I have heard a lot of chatter this week about the news rules imposed on the media from Feld on race day. Apparently no recorded interviews...
ML512 wrote:
There was a bit of a mix-up when it comes to interviews this weekend, but GuyB was able to clarify with Prater later on it. There's...
There was a bit of a mix-up when it comes to interviews this weekend, but GuyB was able to clarify with Prater later on it. There's no rule against the media doing interviews anywhere we want, although we were initially informed there was. Feld is just trying to go for a cleaner image by having these after-race press conferences and trying to get any rider we want to interview to this location. We're still free to skip the press conference if we choose and hunt down riders/teams to interview anywhere at ours and their's leisure. Based on my current understanding, there's no rule against video interviews for now.
Just don't get caught leaning on their equipment. Oh wait, that was MX Sports...Laughing
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
1/11/2017 8:40am
motoxxx599 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
There was a bit of a mix-up when it comes to interviews this weekend, but GuyB was able to clarify with Prater later on it. There's...
newmann wrote:
Just don't get caught leaning on their equipment. Oh wait, that was MX Sports...Laughing
"Spalding get your foot off the boat!"
kkawboy14
1/11/2017 8:45am
ML512 wrote:
newmann wrote:
MxKing809 wrote:
No leaning on the Monster girls!
bvm111
1/11/2017 8:59am
MxKing809 wrote:
that made me el oh el! Tongue
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/11/2017 2:48pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2017 2:50pm
I had conversations with Prater after the race, and the answers from him were 180 degrees different (in a positive way) from some of what we caught in the press box during the afternoon.

It did create a fair amount of confusion. I'm hoping it'll be straightened out before the weekend.

The two biggest problems I had (and addressed with them) was little to no signage between the podium and where the press conference was being held. Also, that the 250 press conference was already well underway by the time I got to the room...and I didn't really dally in my trip from the 450 podium.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/11/2017 2:51pm
newmann wrote:
Well, they kicked Holley in the nuts a while back on the live feed when there was no live television. Then limited the interviews to two...
Well, they kicked Holley in the nuts a while back on the live feed when there was no live television. Then limited the interviews to two minute snippets or some bullshit didn't they? Guy B may have to get authorization from Feld to reply to this thread.
They don't have their foot on anyone's neck. And I'm glad you got authorization to post in this one. Welcome back.
jnickell
Fantasy
1738th
1/11/2017 2:53pm
sam hain wrote:
From a riders POV I would like the rule change, with so many media outlets at the races they get asked/answer the same question 100 times...
From a riders POV I would like the rule change, with so many media outlets at the races they get asked/answer the same question 100 times. At least this way is 1/1 not 100/100.
Welcome to the world of a world class athlete. If you don't like it, go slower.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/11/2017 3:06pm
jnickell wrote:
Welcome to the world of a world class athlete. If you don't like it, go slower.
Yeah. They also have to be more cautious about what they say at the podium when there are live mics.

Things like talking between themselves about keeping it short... Smile
newmann
1/11/2017 3:15pm
newmann wrote:
Well, they kicked Holley in the nuts a while back on the live feed when there was no live television. Then limited the interviews to two...
GuyB wrote:
They don't have their foot on anyone's neck. And I'm glad you got authorization to post in this one. Welcome back.
Smile

Post a reply to: New Feld rules for the Media

The Latest