new for me anyway
this guy is a nutter!

|
jamma10
8/17/2011 4:24am
The guy is just insanely talented.
robkinuk
8/17/2011 4:26am
That was filmed by my friend Stu Thompson, who I used to race Downhill MTB with and was part of a 90 min documentory "Concrete Jungle" that aired on Channel 4 here in UK 2 night's ago. It pitted 4 film makers, a flatlander BMX guy,
Skateboard kid and 2 Urban free runners/ Parkcour guys. Amazing footage for all four films but I think Stu's film of the incredible skills of Danny Macaskill nailed it!
Can you do the guys a huge favour and when you watch it on Youtube, like it and share with as many friends as you like. The number of hits and how many viral viewers is how the success of these films are judged!
Thanks,
Rob
jamma10
8/17/2011 4:35am
robkinuk wrote:
That was filmed by my friend Stu Thompson, who I used to race Downhill MTB with and was part of a 90 min documentory "Concrete Jungle"...
That was filmed by my friend Stu Thompson, who I used to race Downhill MTB with and was part of a 90 min documentory "Concrete Jungle" that aired on Channel 4 here in UK 2 night's ago. It pitted 4 film makers, a flatlander BMX guy,
Skateboard kid and 2 Urban free runners/ Parkcour guys. Amazing footage for all four films but I think Stu's film of the incredible skills of Danny Macaskill nailed it!
Can you do the guys a huge favour and when you watch it on Youtube, like it and share with as many friends as you like. The number of hits and how many viral viewers is how the success of these films are judged!
Thanks,
Rob
I watched that documentary.

It was great to see a programme like that about alternative sports, and on a prime time slot on terrestrial tv. I thought it did a pretty good job of explaining the passion and dedication people have for urban sports and the beauty of the tricks, which the general public often fail to see.

That skater Kilian Martin was incredible too!

The Shop

DL
8/17/2011 7:24am
Amazing!
pitbike502
8/17/2011 7:32am
I love how its so simple, yet incredibly mind blowing.
burnside
8/17/2011 8:47am
Danny MacAskill is amazing, but I find it interesting how this resonates so well with the main stream compared to the thousands of incredible BMX videos out there. Is weird.

Check out this guy for example:
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
8/17/2011 8:58am
Absolutely AMAZING.

Stu did a fantastic job on that one. As I was watching it, honestly, I was thinking of course Danny's skills are amazing but the way Stu made the angles and shots just made it so much fun to watch. Great great job on that one.

WOW!
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
8/17/2011 9:02am
burnside wrote:
Danny MacAskill is amazing, but I find it interesting how this resonates so well with the main stream compared to the thousands of incredible BMX videos...
Danny MacAskill is amazing, but I find it interesting how this resonates so well with the main stream compared to the thousands of incredible BMX videos out there. Is weird.

Skilled, no doubt, but as my dad always used to say:

"If you're not gonna wear pads and a helmet, I better not hear you screaming like a little girl when you get hurt, it's your own damn fault."

True story.

Sean just looks like he's got a death wish with those stunts and seamingly complete disregard for his safety. No one wants to watch a guy trying to kill himself, makes the tricks seem less impressive and detracts from the skill portion of the video because you are just waiting for him to crash again in some other gut wrentching way.
peelout
8/17/2011 9:37am
burnside wrote:
Danny MacAskill is amazing, but I find it interesting how this resonates so well with the main stream compared to the thousands of incredible BMX videos...

lmao!

that dude started racing moto

https://youtu.be/SbHIxXiFAyA
peelout
8/17/2011 9:41am
back on topic,

Danny MacAskill is amazing, and his videos are fucking GNAR
englishman
8/17/2011 9:47am Edited Date/Time 8/17/2011 9:48am
Love it but this is my Fav

mx 219
Fantasy
974th
8/17/2011 9:54am
that is crazy...skill and a conditioned body, that is an athlete right there.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
8/17/2011 10:00am
The very first video I saw of him, where he's riding the top of a steel fence, was something else.

Knobbyjake
8/17/2011 10:08am
It's gotta be the helium in his tires.Evil Unreal, wish I could do that.
burnside
8/17/2011 10:52am Edited Date/Time 8/17/2011 10:54am
@peelout . . I get what you are saying but Sean Burns has serious skills. He'd be dead otherwise. ha! Either ways, Danny Macaskill is insanely good, I just find it strange normal people give a shit. Must be something in it that resonates with people. Plenty of insane skateboard videos that will never get this kind of coverage either.

+ Brandons first race is awesome!!
jamma10
8/17/2011 12:09pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2011 12:12pm
burnside wrote:
@peelout . . I get what you are saying but Sean Burns has serious skills. He'd be dead otherwise. ha! Either ways, Danny Macaskill is insanely...
@peelout . . I get what you are saying but Sean Burns has serious skills. He'd be dead otherwise. ha! Either ways, Danny Macaskill is insanely good, I just find it strange normal people give a shit. Must be something in it that resonates with people. Plenty of insane skateboard videos that will never get this kind of coverage either.

Apart from the fact the tricks are just mental, his first video is pretty inoffensive in comparison with other 'alternative sports' videos - in terms of the music, crash sequences, general tone etc. He just comes across as a pretty normal bloke who happens to have an incredible talent, whereas most people not familiar with BMX or other alternative sports are probably put off by the violent crashes, aggressive nature of the film or unfamiliar choice of music (which most of us probably love).

I dont see that Sean Burns video going down too well with the general public who cant comprehend someone deliberately riding off the roof of a house and into a fence! Smile
pmcc
8/17/2011 1:42pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2011 1:44pm
burnside wrote:
@peelout . . I get what you are saying but Sean Burns has serious skills. He'd be dead otherwise. ha! Either ways, Danny Macaskill is insanely...

I think i can answer this as i don't really have any interest in BMX and that sort of stuff. To me Sean Burns video makes him look like an idiot, one of those people that you wouldn't want to get into a car with.

In comparison Danny Macaskill video oozes class, from the music to the camera work and his riding skills . He just seemingly floats from one obstacle to the next, to the extent of making it into a form of art! To me he really is poetry in motion, in contrast Sean Burns is more erratic and crazy.

Also he seems like such a humble, down to earth, nice guy and people really take to that.
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
8/17/2011 3:21pm
burnside wrote:

pmcc wrote:
I think i can answer this as i don't really have any interest in BMX and that sort of stuff. To me Sean Burns video makes...
I think i can answer this as i don't really have any interest in BMX and that sort of stuff. To me Sean Burns video makes him look like an idiot, one of those people that you wouldn't want to get into a car with.

In comparison Danny Macaskill video oozes class, from the music to the camera work and his riding skills . He just seemingly floats from one obstacle to the next, to the extent of making it into a form of art! To me he really is poetry in motion, in contrast Sean Burns is more erratic and crazy.

Also he seems like such a humble, down to earth, nice guy and people really take to that.
Agree 100%...that is why mx gets a bad rep...most of the guys in mx and freestyle are more like Sean Burn than Macaskill. Sad, but true; though that is changing some I think.
scooterB
8/17/2011 3:50pm
jamma10 wrote:
Apart from the fact the tricks are just mental, his first video is pretty inoffensive in comparison with other 'alternative sports' videos - in terms of...
Apart from the fact the tricks are just mental, his first video is pretty inoffensive in comparison with other 'alternative sports' videos - in terms of the music, crash sequences, general tone etc. He just comes across as a pretty normal bloke who happens to have an incredible talent, whereas most people not familiar with BMX or other alternative sports are probably put off by the violent crashes, aggressive nature of the film or unfamiliar choice of music (which most of us probably love).

I dont see that Sean Burns video going down too well with the general public who cant comprehend someone deliberately riding off the roof of a house and into a fence! Smile
dont sugarcoat it...

nobody likes a guy who wears his sisters jeans
CeeTee
8/17/2011 3:51pm
pmcc wrote:
I think i can answer this as i don't really have any interest in BMX and that sort of stuff. To me Sean Burns video makes...

100% right on!

Sean burns seems like a bit of a tool to me, maybe the fact that hes wrecking peoples roofs and just plain reckless is the reason why he isnt mainstream.

Danny Macaskill, apart from the fact that hes incredibly talented, is that he rides obstacle that people can relate to. Like riding along a 1/2 inch fence or the wire act in his latest video, people can relate to that, people get that it would be extremely difficult just too walk across there, then bring in the amazing editing and fantastic music to complement the video and voila! An amazing mainstream video!
jemcee
8/17/2011 7:00pm
I can't believe it!! I agree 100% with everyone
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
8/17/2011 7:07pm
Freaking Awesome. I could watch this stuff all day.
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
8/17/2011 7:14pm
robkinuk wrote:
That was filmed by my friend Stu Thompson, who I used to race Downhill MTB with and was part of a 90 min documentory "Concrete Jungle"...
Thanks,
Rob
Stu Thompson? As in 1980's BMX Legend Stu Thompson?
robkinuk
8/18/2011 2:16am
robkinuk wrote:
Thanks,
Rob
Tiki wrote:
Stu Thompson? As in 1980's BMX Legend Stu Thompson?
No it's actually Stu Thomson, his parent's Richard & Bobbie Thomson ran the Clan MTB team in the 1990's which brought on many of the top Scottish downhill talents like Crawford carrick Anderson to the fore! Stu was a great rider himself and also on the Britsh team for the Downhill MTB World Champs, when I was Team Manager.
Stu did a Media studies masters degree and has really made a name for himself in this new genre of viral alternative action sports!
At first i wasn't sure about the music, but now I can't get that tune out of my head.Whistling
If you google "Concrete Circus" a channel 4 documentory there's online vids of the background to the filming etc plus check out the skills of the BMX flatlander and skate & freerunning guys!

Post a reply to: New Danny MacAskill video

The Latest