Nelson taking Bogle out

The Rock
Edited Date/Time 6/19/2015 4:24pm
For a moment I thought "right on" when it looked like he was going to go over and do a Mike McDade (who didn't take the guy out that he helped) but then he remounted. I am fully aware the crash was unintentional but how long would it have taken to lift Bogle's bike up?

|
Olson
5/17/2015 10:24am
How much longer did it take for the track crew to do it for him?
tmauto769
Fantasy
1135th
5/17/2015 10:24am
I thought the same thing, its not like they were battling for first. Kinda crappy imo.
plowboy
5/17/2015 10:27am
I was hoping someone would be able to say if Bogle was actually pinned under the bike. A couple of folks ran over and started to move the bike and then backed away. Made me wonder if he wanted help with the bike or needed the medical crew?
The Rock
5/17/2015 10:30am
Olson that's NOT the point. The point that tmauot769 and are are making is when somebody goes down that hard and it is your fault (regardless if you meant to or not) the cowboy way would have been to lift the bike off and continue on your way.

Fortunately karma has a way of evening things out.

The Shop

dirtnasty
5/17/2015 10:32am
the off-road racer in me cringes every time two guys go down together and there is not a bit of empathy for the other party.
TeamGreen
5/17/2015 10:34am
It looked to me like Jessie thought Justin was waving him off. No shit. Go watch the vid, again.
plowboy
5/17/2015 10:36am
dirtnasty wrote:
the off-road racer in me cringes every time two guys go down together and there is not a bit of empathy for the other party.
I get you Bro. But remember in off road the crashes usually happen miles from help. Just gotta help each other way out there unless you're a total douche.
Starcrossed
5/17/2015 10:37am
Brogre was screaming at him to get back into the moto, nevermind his broken leg.
TeamGreen
5/17/2015 10:37am
dirtnasty wrote:
plowboy wrote:
I get you Bro. But remember in off road the crashes usually happen miles from help. Just gotta help each other way out there unless you're...
I get you Bro. But remember in off road the crashes usually happen miles from help. Just gotta help each other way out there unless you're a total douche.
BOOM!
Sully22
5/17/2015 10:38am
shitty situation all the way around...didn't look like Nelson was anything more than confused about what to do. Nelson is a good kid and i don't think there was any ill will intent or malice to not go pick up the bike....just a somewhat confusing situation for him. i understand what some of you guys are saying, it would have been cool to see him help bogle and life the bike, but at the same time, i don't feel like nelson did anything bad....
The Rock
5/17/2015 10:50am Edited Date/Time 5/17/2015 10:54am
TeamGreen wrote:
It looked to me like Jessie thought Justin was waving him off. No shit. Go watch the vid, again.
Unknown.

I do know I watched the video again at your suggestion and it looked like to me Bogle was waving for help for anyone to lift the bike off. BTW do you really think if you knocked me down like that Manny I would be concerned about you getting back in the race ? I love you man but screw you in that situation just get the freaking bike off me. Smile

Damn Bogle hit the ground HARD with his shoulder and head!

Sully22-I respect your opinion but how confusing is doing the right thing?
The Rock
5/17/2015 10:53am
Olson wrote:
How much longer did it take for the track crew to do it for him?
How much longer would it have taken Nelson to lift the bike off Bogle? My guess would be less than five seconds.
tmauto769
Fantasy
1135th
5/17/2015 10:55am
TeamGreen wrote:
I agree he did look confused, but me personally I would have picked it up off of him. "jus' sayin..."
onehotpocket
5/17/2015 10:59am
I believe Nelson double took on going to help because he realized that Bogle was not actually pinned under the bike, he was just hurt. Once Nelson realized this he hopped back on his own bike. If you watch, the track crew never moves the bike off of Bogle.
TeamGreen
5/17/2015 11:00am
TeamGreen wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Unknown. I do know I watched the video again at your suggestion and it looked like to me Bogle was waving for help for[b] anyone[/b] to...
Unknown.

I do know I watched the video again at your suggestion and it looked like to me Bogle was waving for help for anyone to lift the bike off. BTW do you really think if you knocked me down like that Manny I would be concerned about you getting back in the race ? I love you man but screw you in that situation just get the freaking bike off me. Smile

Damn Bogle hit the ground HARD with his shoulder and head!

Sully22-I respect your opinion but how confusing is doing the right thing?
Our racing/classes are SO DIFFERENT. I've slowed waaaay down and checked on a downed rider/friend during a race; so, yes...we do things differently.

I know this kid: totally compassionate and an all around good guy; hence, my take on it.
plowboy
5/17/2015 11:02am
My coverage was sketchy because the storms kept knocking out my signal. I don't know how much I missed. Was Bogle in truth TRAPPED under the bike or was he trying to get medical help? It looked like at least 2 people walked over to help but then didn't. My signal went down about then so I didn't see what happened later. If they even showed anything else.
A. DLeary
5/17/2015 11:03am
What if Nelson picks the bike up and ends up hurting Bogle more because he had a broken leg that was stuck in the bike etc.
Nelson saw that professional help was on its way and realized it would be best to let them handle the situation.

Saying that karma has a way of evening things out seems a bit low to me. Have you ever met the kid or his family?
5/17/2015 11:07am
You guys are honestly judging a professional athlete for not hurting his finish (taking more time to help Bogle) because an accident happened. This isn't off-road racing or your local track on the weekend. There's a reason there are track workers and people there to help. It's not Nelson's responsibility, he showed some concern given his hesitation, but you cannot expect him to go and help.
The Rock
5/17/2015 11:17am Edited Date/Time 5/17/2015 11:18am
A. DLeary wrote:
What if Nelson picks the bike up and ends up hurting Bogle more because he had a broken leg that was stuck in the bike etc...
What if Nelson picks the bike up and ends up hurting Bogle more because he had a broken leg that was stuck in the bike etc.
Nelson saw that professional help was on its way and realized it would be best to let them handle the situation.

Saying that karma has a way of evening things out seems a bit low to me. Have you ever met the kid or his family?
Low blow? WTF! Man this is rich coming from the guy who copied and pasted what I said but left out the rest of the sentence to entirely change the context of what I said last week in the LACR quad jump post but then went silent when you got called on it?

What races do you go to? Be great to meet each other to bench race in person.

Team Green-I have been watching Nelson's rise for a while now and love his style. Not saying he's a bad kid it just pains me that sportsmanship (unless your Mike McDade) is scarce these days but bravado is long in supply.
A. DLeary
5/17/2015 11:19am
A. DLeary wrote:
What if Nelson picks the bike up and ends up hurting Bogle more because he had a broken leg that was stuck in the bike etc...

The Rock wrote:
Low blow? WTF! Man this is rich coming from the guy who copied and pasted what I said but left out the rest of the sentence...
Low blow? WTF! Man this is rich coming from the guy who copied and pasted what I said but left out the rest of the sentence to entirely change the context of what I said last week in the LACR quad jump post but then went silent when you got called on it?

What races do you go to? Be great to meet each other to bench race in person.

Team Green-I have been watching Nelson's rise for a while now and love his style. Not saying he's a bad kid it just pains me that sportsmanship (unless your Mike McDade) is scarce these days but bravado is long in supply.
I didn't get back to the LACR Quad post. I have a busy job but will get to it right now.
5/17/2015 11:21am
Maybe if his head/torso were stuck under the bike. One boot? C'mon.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
5/17/2015 11:23am
I don't think the bike was on Bogle.
Starcrossed
5/17/2015 11:27am
The professional medics were very close and Nelson shouldn't really, technically be the guy to attempt to move the bike or injured rider. To assail Nelson's character is beyond the scope of reason IMHO.
Bob693
5/17/2015 11:30am
The lady that took the bike "off him" had to move it 2 inches and he was still waving for help after she did. I think you're making a big deal out of nothing.
Oh Billy
5/17/2015 11:34am
He's a racer in a race, not a medic or a track worker. Got no problem with what he did.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
5/17/2015 12:36pm
Bob693 wrote:
The lady that took the bike "off him" had to move it 2 inches and he was still waving for help after she did. I think...
The lady that took the bike "off him" had to move it 2 inches and he was still waving for help after she did. I think you're making a big deal out of nothing.
Of course he is making a big deal about nothing, that is what he does.
The Rock
5/17/2015 4:11pm
The double (or is that triple) standard on Vital MX never ceases to amaze me. People post calling people dipshit and idiots when they don't tow the party line of "BIG JUMPS ARE COOL" but when I take a position the wolves come out but no worries. It warms my heart that some of you appear to care so much about my opinion that it appears you're threatened by it.

Get over it. I am just some old school guy expressing my opinion like everyone else but you'd think I was on the rules committee. You guys will get crotchety with a limited BS buffer when you hit the half century mark just wait and see LOL

Thanks to the Mods for flushing this thread. I woke up at 2:43 AM this morning and for some reason NEVER went back to sleep so got up at half past four so am even more grumpier than usual.

Post a reply to: Nelson taking Bogle out

The Latest