Need help ID'ing these hubs

fanopj1
Edited Date/Time 1/5/2016 10:32am
Have had these wheels now for over five years and have continued to have problems getting wheel spacers for them. Was told at one time they were RAD lightweight hubs. I sent them some pictures but they said they weren't theirs. Stock spacers don't fit and I have tried multiple other styles/ brands with no luck. Really thought they were RAD because their hubs have specific spacers but no such luck.
Hoping someone with a good eye and loads of knowledge ( that's everyone on Vital right ? ) can offer some insight. These are older pics that i have on my phone but will get better ones if need be.

|
mxfiend
1/4/2016 6:38pm
I believe dna has their own spacers that you have to use as well.... might be that or a warp 9?
fanopj1
1/4/2016 6:57pm
Warp 9's website states that their hubs use stock bearings, seals, and spacers for simple future maintenance. Just checked. Thanks for the suggestions.
pCp 252
Fantasy
2530th
1/4/2016 8:57pm
My friend who was not mechanically inclined had a hub that looked like that (I remember it being machined lightened) on his used RM, same weird yellow color too. He asked me to replace the bearings that went bad and we ordered a set of OEM bearings but they were the wrong size when we got them. I remember the RIM had a Warp 9 logo on it, so assuming it was a complete wheel I called Warp 9 and asked for a replacement bearings. When they came in the mail, they were the direct replacements for the original worn bearings.

Maybe Warp 9 has changed their hub to use OEM stuff and their older style uses proprietary bearings and spacers?

fanopj1
1/5/2016 10:09am
Unfortunately there is no markings on the hubs front or rear. I guess that i can always start ordering different spacers from different manufacturers and start narrowing it down. Just return them if it's not the correct ones. Kinda a unfortunate way to resolve the issue though

The Shop

1/5/2016 10:11am
They're an older version of DNA. That's why they're hard to ID. DNA changes their hubs every batch it seems like.
fanopj1
1/5/2016 10:21am
They're an older version of DNA. That's why they're hard to ID. DNA changes their hubs every batch it seems like.
Do you know if their spacers are hub specific?
1/5/2016 10:26am
fanopj1 wrote:
yes, they are. they don't use oem spacers or bearings. you can get the bearings through them, or they'll point you to a vendor. buy one set. (about $40) then get the NSN (national stock number) off the side of the bearing, then punch it into amazon. they're exactly 7 bucks a piece for the standard abec 1-2. I don't happen to have that number, or else i'd post it all over the internet. you could get Gucci with it and buy Abec-5 bearings for your DNAs, if you were so inclined.
fanopj1
1/5/2016 10:32am
fanopj1 wrote:
yes, they are. they don't use oem spacers or bearings. you can get the bearings through them, or they'll point you to a vendor. buy one...
yes, they are. they don't use oem spacers or bearings. you can get the bearings through them, or they'll point you to a vendor. buy one set. (about $40) then get the NSN (national stock number) off the side of the bearing, then punch it into amazon. they're exactly 7 bucks a piece for the standard abec 1-2. I don't happen to have that number, or else i'd post it all over the internet. you could get Gucci with it and buy Abec-5 bearings for your DNAs, if you were so inclined.
Yeah i knew about the bearings. Have a local bearing shop and had them order me a sleeve of bearings and dust seals. Can i order right feom dna or from a supplier

Post a reply to: Need help ID'ing these hubs

The Latest