Need Info on MX Community in Denver

Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 1:09am
Good morning friends (and BobbyM),

I have a friend that lives in Denver that is looking into getting back into the sport, mainly to ride for fun with his teenage daughter. He raced as a teen when he lived in the El Paso area.

I told him I would ask around to get some advice on getting started. I am guessing some of you may be based in the same area, so maybe y'all can help a fellow MX'r out:

What tracks are there locally that are open for riding/practice? Whats the typical practice day gate fee?

Is there a local motocross blog? With info on local tracks/races and maybe classifieds (he is looking for a couple of bikes).

Is there a dealership that supports the local dirtbike community more than others he should check out?

Do you have any general reccomendations for someone looking into getting into the sport?
|
Eatmydirt03
3/23/2011 7:29am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2011 7:30am
There are quite a few places to ride if you live in Denver. We have about 4 tracks that are within 45 minutes of Denver. There is Thunder Valley of C-470 & Rooney road. There is Watkins out east off e 470 & Jewell. There are 3 tracks north Erie off I-25 & the Erie exit as well as Berthoud which is just about 15 minutes further off the Berthoud exit. You can also do Milliken but it is only open on select days Like Wednesday & Sunday I want to say. You also have some trail riding within an hour of Denver. There are tracks located down in the springs area as well with trails too. Also all tracks require a yearly membership & daily fee, the daily fees run 12-15 dollars & the membership run about 25 for the year. Tracks are open year around as long as they are in riding condition.

As for a dealership... I'm not sure I have bought two bikes from dealers & got pretty good deals. One from Vickery & the other from G force. There are a handful of shops located around the Denver area.
3/23/2011 7:49am
Racing Orgs:

Sports Riders Association of Colorado

Rocky Mountain Motocross Association

List of tracks:
Colorado Motocross Tracks

List of trails:
'Stay The Trail'

As far as getting back into the sport, I'd hit the trails first. Tracks aren't necessarily the best place to start back with a teenage daughter. Colorado has some of the best trails so I'd defenitely take advantage of that; plenty of fun to be had. What I would recomment doing is going to Vickery Motorsports or Fay Meyers and ask for some close, fun, trails to ride. Some, maybe most, might require a offroad permit which run about $25.00 annually.

Post a reply to: Need Info on MX Community in Denver

The Latest