Nationals on MavTV?

motoxxx599
Fantasy
875th
Edited Date/Time 5/21/2014 11:54pm
According to what I just heard on the PulpMX show, the nationals are going to be aired on MavTV. I dont have that channel and I checked and none of the other providers in my area have that channel. I think on DishNetwork carries it but that it. Anyone else heard this?
|
mojoman42
1/8/2014 6:09am
That would make no sense. They've been trying to move towards broader network coverage, and I doubt most people have MavTV. Maybe they're just airing re-broadcasts or something?
motoxxx599
Fantasy
875th
1/8/2014 6:15am
Apparently it was announced at the Outdoor Banquet last year. Lucas Oil owns MavTV so theres that.
Kryan5
1/8/2014 6:31am Edited Date/Time 1/8/2014 6:31am
Hope this is not true! I don't have this channel either and I have contacted my provider several times with no response.
Socket946
1/8/2014 6:39am
As long as It's streamed on the net like it usually is, I am K with this.

The Shop

zook11
1/8/2014 7:15am Edited Date/Time 1/8/2014 7:18am
If so the nationals are going way down hill compared to last year. Nobody even has this channel.
gharmon
1/8/2014 7:19am
I have never even heard of that damn channel.
DownSouth
1/8/2014 7:33am
From what I recall the first motos will be on MAVTV and streamed on Alli Sports and the second motos will still be on NBC Sports Network. Basically they swapped Fuel for MAVTV likely due to the shakeup of Fox Sports takeover of Fuel.
JeepnMike
1/8/2014 7:36am
Socket946 wrote:
As long as It's streamed on the net like it usually is, I am K with this.
I wish I could agree with this one. On weekends I just can't commit to sitting and watching streaming racing all day long and it isn't at all practical (for most of us) to record a streaming broadcast. I know we are all spoiled with how much racing coverage we get nowadays, but if the channel is out there and we are paying dearly for our cable, we are going to gripe if we can't watch.

I know the MavTV website claims Comcast has them, but it must be on a very select few markets, it definitely isn't shown in the Seattle area.
Kryan5
1/8/2014 7:40am
Think someone needs to page DC on this. If its true I will need to get a smarttv before the nationals start... Streaming is so shitty from my comp for some reason.
gharmon
1/8/2014 7:54am
I originally paid extra to get fuel a few years ago just so I could watch the nationals. I really don't want to have to change cable providers. I'm satisfied with what I have but we don't have this new channel that's being discussed.
Holigan
1/8/2014 8:16am
MAV is becoming the new SPEED. Dave Despain just announced that he is going to have a weekly show on MAV, and start hosting some of their races.

Despain annoucement

It is on my Verizon Fios.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
875th
1/8/2014 8:20am
Holigan wrote:
MAV is becoming the new SPEED. Dave Despain just announced that he is going to have a weekly show on MAV, and start hosting some of...
MAV is becoming the new SPEED. Dave Despain just announced that he is going to have a weekly show on MAV, and start hosting some of their races.

Despain annoucement

It is on my Verizon Fios.
I can only get ATT in my area of Richardson. I live in an older community and FIOS passed us by
jtomasik
1/8/2014 8:28am
zook11 wrote:
If so the nationals are going way down hill compared to last year. Nobody even has this channel.
DirectTV airs it. I got it without getting any special package other than whatever package provides the sports stations. Pretty cool channel. Not sure really where they're at with national exposure, but it seems like they're working their tails off to get a foot in the system. Lucas Oils seem to be a big part of it. Kinda comes off of the good-ol-Merican-John-Wayne channel, at least in their advertisements of who they are and what the new station is about.

Hoping that they gain ground and it doesn't kill the ratings of the Nationals. Would hate to see those races not aired anymore....like the old days.
Holigan
1/8/2014 8:32am
You can ask AT&T to add MAV to their channel lineup here.
IWreckALot
1/8/2014 8:39am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2014 4:56am
zook11 wrote:
jtomasik wrote:
DirectTV airs it. I got it without getting any special package other than whatever package provides the sports stations. Pretty cool channel. Not sure really where...
DirectTV airs it. I got it without getting any special package other than whatever package provides the sports stations. Pretty cool channel. Not sure really where they're at with national exposure, but it seems like they're working their tails off to get a foot in the system. Lucas Oils seem to be a big part of it. Kinda comes off of the good-ol-Merican-John-Wayne channel, at least in their advertisements of who they are and what the new station is about.

Hoping that they gain ground and it doesn't kill the ratings of the Nationals. Would hate to see those races not aired anymore....like the old days.
I would think if the MX ratings dropped, it would be low on all of their other programming as well.
DC
1/8/2014 10:32am
"Nationals are going backwards.
Nationals are going way down hill…
Makes no sense.
Hope it's not true.
Hope I'm proved wrong…"

Maybe we should just give up here!

But we won't. Speed and FUEL TV no longer exist, so that's not an option. NBC Sports just signed on for five years, and so did Lucas Oi, which owns the rapidly-growing MAV-TV. Everything that Lucas Oil has done in the five years since they got involved with motocross has been very beneficial to the sport, so I'm not going to be against them. Or Dave Despain.

DC
MX Sports
Rizzo
1/8/2014 10:40am
DC wrote:
"Nationals are going backwards. Nationals are going way down hill… Makes no sense. Hope it's not true. Hope I'm proved wrong…" Maybe we should just give...
Makes no sense.
Hope it's not true.
Hope I'm proved wrong…"

But we won't. Speed and FUEL TV no longer exist, so that's not an option. NBC Sports just signed on for five years, and so did Lucas Oi, which owns the rapidly-growing MAV-TV. Everything that Lucas Oil has done in the five years since they got involved with motocross has been very beneficial to the sport, so I'm not going to be against them. Or Dave Despain.

DC
MX Sports
Agree, but not just moto. They've done the same for short course racing, the drag boats, short track/midget stuff and other motorsports and have even dumped several dollars into racing properties/speedways in CA, NV and AZ. People like that have no business here right? Only one request, please make it in HD. Not sure if its MavTv or my provider but standard def is bad for my eyes.
motogrady
1/8/2014 10:40am
DC wrote:
"Nationals are going backwards. Nationals are going way down hill… Makes no sense. Hope it's not true. Hope I'm proved wrong…" Maybe we should just give...
Makes no sense.
Hope it's not true.
Hope I'm proved wrong…"

DC
MX Sports
Ya, well let's just hope they don't use us for a year, and then morph into another poker game show.

Just a quick word to MXSPORTS.

From a guy into all types of bikes, and riding, you guys are doing great.

Don't let the peanut gallery get to ya.
NotCore
1/8/2014 10:42am
DC wrote:
Makes no sense.
Hope it's not true.
Hope I'm proved wrong…"

DC
MX Sports
Consistency is all that's required. Chasing cable providers for a new channel annually and searching for air days/times is not conducive to either growing your audience or serving your existing audience.
JOHN CHOATE
1/8/2014 10:43am
Holigan wrote:
You can ask AT&T to add MAV to their channel lineup here.
I too do not receive MavTV. I believe it was Brandon Bernstein driving a Top Fuel dragster that was sponsored by MavTV last year. Thanks for posting the link. RIDE ON !!!
DC
1/8/2014 10:58am
NotCore, agreed -- that's why we have the longterm deal with NBC. And the previous channels that carried the first motos are gone, so we don't have the opportunity to stay there anyway.

Lucas is in it for the long haul, and that's a very good thing for not just our sport but a lot of other forms of racing, as Rizzo mentioned.

And of course the nationals are going down hill -- we finally have Glen Helen back, with the biggest downhill of all! That's what you meant, right?

DC
MX Sports
JM485
1/8/2014 11:03am
Will this channel become available on more providers for next year, or will many of us still not get it? I'm all for having a consistent channel to broadcast the races, but MavTV is not on carried by AT&T. Will more providers start to carry it in the near future?
1/8/2014 11:06am
DC wrote:
Makes no sense.
Hope it's not true.
Hope I'm proved wrong…"

DC
MX Sports
Are you saying Despain is going to announce the races from now on? All TV networks started somewhere. (There is a reason "I want my MTV" was that networks catch phrase early on.) It won't take long before Mav TV gets a going strong. There is a vacuum to fill with Speed being gone.

Too much negative energy here, keep the blinders on D.C.
Tater
Fantasy
285th
1/8/2014 11:20am
Looks like Mav TV is on every Directv package and you actually need a higher tier to get either Foxsports 1 or NBC Sports.
Bummer that it isn't HD but hopefully that changes.
Kryan5
1/8/2014 11:32am
I have been trying to get my cable provider to add MAVTV for a few months now, because I like a lot of their other programing. My provider also has a great line-up at reasonable prices. I know that its better than direct tv and dish because i've looked into previously. With that said it will suck not having the Nats through cable to DVR, but I am still ok with it cause i wanted an excuse to get a new 55" smart tv to stream races and practices and move my old one to the garage. So in a odd way.... Thanks DC! haha
Ditch
1/8/2014 11:51am
Looks like I'm going Direct TV..anybody know if it still goes Tango Alpha in moderate rain?
jmx411
1/8/2014 11:56am
DC wrote:
NotCore, agreed -- that's why we have the longterm deal with NBC. And the previous channels that carried the first motos are gone, so we don't...
NotCore, agreed -- that's why we have the longterm deal with NBC. And the previous channels that carried the first motos are gone, so we don't have the opportunity to stay there anyway.

Lucas is in it for the long haul, and that's a very good thing for not just our sport but a lot of other forms of racing, as Rizzo mentioned.

And of course the nationals are going down hill -- we finally have Glen Helen back, with the biggest downhill of all! That's what you meant, right?

DC
MX Sports
DC you are the greatest thing to ever happen to Motocross, don't listen to these spoiled brats.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
1/8/2014 11:59am
JM485 wrote:
Will this channel become available on more providers for next year, or will many of us still not get it? I'm all for having a consistent...
Will this channel become available on more providers for next year, or will many of us still not get it? I'm all for having a consistent channel to broadcast the races, but MavTV is not on carried by AT&T. Will more providers start to carry it in the near future?
That's a question only your provider can answer, as was the case of with Fuel when people were up an arms over availability of it over the last few years.

The more you pound your provider, the more likely they'll pick it up. Noise here does nothing.
Socket946
1/8/2014 12:05pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2014 12:14pm
DC wrote:
Makes no sense.
Hope it's not true.
Hope I'm proved wrong…"

DC
MX Sports

Right on the mark, sir. Thank you for posting here.

Post a reply to: Nationals on MavTV?

The Latest