National Anthem WTF???

slipdog
5/4/2013 6:42pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2013 7:51pm
Is it just me?

Maybe because I was raised in a military family, but it drives me crazy to see most of the people in the crowd didn't have the respect to remove their hats during the Anthem.
|
NP301
5/4/2013 6:45pm
slipdog wrote:
Is it just me? Maybe because I was raised in a military family, but it drives me crazy to see most of the people in the...
Is it just me?

Maybe because I was raised in a military family, but it drives me crazy to see most of the people in the crowd didn't have the respect to remove their hats during the Anthem.
I was more mad at the singer!!! She butchered that crap!
fader418
5/4/2013 6:45pm
I only saw a little of it. But at all the CA SX races I go to every year, everyone removes their hats!
ridge
5/4/2013 6:53pm
Can't wait for this sport to go main stream bro...it'll be great! Good money to all the racers. No circus act floor announcers SCREAMING at the top of his lungs.

Lol
5/4/2013 7:26pm
Looked like Chickenlicks Raceway during that anthem.. Can't Feld afford a big name singer?

The Shop

Hank_Thrill
5/4/2013 8:05pm
It's so amazing how smooth the cream of the crop make it look after watching practice/qualifying all day.
40Plus_922mx
5/4/2013 8:25pm
Peeps aren't being taught to love this country anymore.
KMC440
5/4/2013 8:49pm
ridge wrote:
Can't wait for this sport to go main stream bro...it'll be great! Good money to all the racers. No circus act floor announcers SCREAMING at the...
Can't wait for this sport to go main stream bro...it'll be great! Good money to all the racers. No circus act floor announcers SCREAMING at the top of his lungs.

Lol
That dude "Lurch" (great name for a "professional" floor announcer Feld) made me want to gauge ice picks into my ears at Minneapolis

This will ALWAYS be a side show to mainstream 'Merica
mynewcr250
5/4/2013 9:01pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2013 9:01pm
i take my hat off during the national anthem, but only because i dont want people gawking at me like im a POS. i dont really see the big deal. i try to arrive late enough to avoid having to listen to the anthem or any of the lame opening ceremonies
jhansen510
Fantasy
3559th
5/4/2013 9:02pm
slipdog wrote:
Is it just me? Maybe because I was raised in a military family, but it drives me crazy to see most of the people in the...
Is it just me?

This thread got off track! Slipdog I could not agree more. When the national anthem is being sang shut the fuck up, stand up, and take off your fucking hat!
IWreckALot
5/4/2013 10:00pm
Is this the first year they didn't have a heat right after the anthem. I seem to remember them firing up their engines on the last word of the anthem.

And I take my hat off during the anthem out of respect for our military personnel. . . Those guys are risking their life for our freedom so the least I can do to show them some respect is remove the lid.

If you want to read a good book, read Chris Kyle's "American Sniper". . . you'll learn that taking your hat off means something to our soldiers and leaving it on is a big eff you in their eyes.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
5/4/2013 10:52pm
slipdog wrote:
Is it just me?

NP301 wrote:
I was more mad at the singer!!! She butchered that crap!
She was hot! I wouldn't have cared if she sang it out of her ass.

But the douchebags with the hats on need to learn a little respect for their country
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
5/4/2013 11:01pm
slipdog wrote:
Is it just me?

jhansen510 wrote:
This thread got off track! Slipdog I could not agree more. When the national anthem is being sang shut the fuck up, stand up, and take...
This thread got off track! Slipdog I could not agree more. When the national anthem is being sang shut the fuck up, stand up, and take off your fucking hat!
Land of the free?
mynewcr250
5/4/2013 11:27pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Is this the first year they didn't have a heat right after the anthem. I seem to remember them firing up their engines on the last...
Is this the first year they didn't have a heat right after the anthem. I seem to remember them firing up their engines on the last word of the anthem.

And I take my hat off during the anthem out of respect for our military personnel. . . Those guys are risking their life for our freedom so the least I can do to show them some respect is remove the lid.

If you want to read a good book, read Chris Kyle's "American Sniper". . . you'll learn that taking your hat off means something to our soldiers and leaving it on is a big eff you in their eyes.
how about you just explain to us why taking your hat off is that big of a deal?

what exactly are you accomplishing by taking your hat off besides just abiding to something thats been engrained in your head as the defacto way of showing respect?
5/4/2013 11:31pm
I wish religion and politics and military were left out of racing personally. Those things have nothing to do with motor racing, really.
The Rock
5/4/2013 11:46pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2013 11:47pm
slipdog wrote:
Is it just me?

jhansen510 wrote:
This thread got off track! Slipdog I could not agree more. When the national anthem is being sang shut the fuck up, stand up, and take...
+1

I mean honestly you can not shut the you know what up for two minutes during the National Anthem? Seriously......

Friday night at the Endurocross it was an instrumental rendition with a guy blowing a killer saxophone.....I liked it!
AZ35
Fantasy
489th
5/5/2013 12:10am
mynewcr250 wrote:
how about you just explain to us why taking your hat off is that big of a deal? what exactly are you accomplishing by taking your...

what exactly are you accomplishing by taking your hat off besides just abiding to something thats been engrained in your head as the defacto way of showing respect?
Really?

What exactly are you accomplishing by not taking your hat off for a 2 minute tribute to our Country?

Is that your defacto way of being an asshole? Is it really that traumatic for you? Or how about if you don't agree with removing your hat, just shut the fuck up and have respect for other people.
wildbill
5/5/2013 12:16am
think about it, our flag means freedom so deep that you can burn it if you so desire. A megalithic conundrum to some.
Motodave15
5/5/2013 12:36am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2013 12:37am
slipdog wrote:
Is it just me?

I respect you and your family for being military and (Fighting for us)

But with the laws, That have been forced through, the lobbyist in wall street, paid politicians passing draconian laws. I no longer stand or remove my hat.

This is no longer the home of the free and brave. Its the home of the rich and the slave.

so to you i respect you, and hold you in respect.

The national anthem can go fuck its self until, this country realizes what its doing to its people who live here.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
5/5/2013 1:24am Edited Date/Time 5/8/2013 5:06am
This country has been damn good to me even with its problems
Barrett57
5/5/2013 2:47am
lostboy819 wrote:
The truth hurts. Your country's on it's way to being a shit as mine.
41NDT
5/5/2013 3:07am
When I went to the Pearl Harbour memorial out over the Arizona it blew me away that me and my mate were the only ones that took our hats off.
SunComfort
5/5/2013 4:08am
lostboy819 wrote:
Barrett57 wrote:
The truth hurts. Your country's on it's way to being a shit as mine.
So we should just accept it and say fuck everything our forefathers stood for? Fuck the hard work of the many so we could even get to this point? Yeah, all these commy pinko fags are the reason we are in this position, but just say fuck it, let it happen and dont have any pride. Fuck man, is there anyone who feels we are loosing our rights to this very thinking? Isnt this how it started for the jews with hitler? Take away the fight, and stand in line to be shot in the head? Fuck that and fuck you little idealistic fucks and your ways. Show some fuck'n respect to all those graves and stand the fuck up, take off your gay little side tipped trucker flat bill homo looking hats and get over you puny little selves. No wonder we loose so many freedoms everyday anymore.
cason402
5/5/2013 5:16am
i served in the Navy for 20 years, as my father did. My son is presently serving.

the America I served and the freedom it stands for is; one that ensures everyone can live HOWEVER they want. so that they can be free to fart and laugh during a pledge or an anthem if they want...

that is what freedom is, not a bunch of people doing things like society or culture or whatever, attempts to pressure them to do.

hope i didn't miss the point of what freedom is supposed to be.
LoudLove
5/5/2013 7:11am
Our country and its governments are not one and the same. Please don't confuse the antics of Washington DC with our nation as a whole. Removing ones's hat honors the United States, not necessarily the White House or Capitol building.
5/5/2013 7:11am
The tradition didn't even start in this country and shows a sign of submission. I ain't no coward! (I do take my hat off depending on the situation).
Crossup
5/5/2013 7:46am
There was plenty of respect shown in the stands. As mentioned, there are a lot of losers in every crowd.

BTW I thought that she did a great job singing the National Anthem.
ridge
5/5/2013 7:51am
It's all about respect, and to earn respect you must also give it.

I'll take my hat off and stand every time the anthem is played.
Crossup
5/5/2013 7:51am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2013 7:52am
KMC440 wrote:
That dude "Lurch" (great name for a "professional" floor announcer Feld) made me want to gauge ice picks into my ears at Minneapolis This will ALWAYS...
That dude "Lurch" (great name for a "professional" floor announcer Feld) made me want to gauge ice picks into my ears at Minneapolis

This will ALWAYS be a side show to mainstream 'Merica
I agree. The floor announcer Was Screaming and the sound system had some problem where it was tough to understand what people were saying.
mynewcr250
5/5/2013 8:37am
mynewcr250 wrote:
how about you just explain to us why taking your hat off is that big of a deal? what exactly are you accomplishing by taking your...

AZ35 wrote:
Really? What exactly are you accomplishing by not taking your hat off for a 2 minute tribute to our Country? Is that your defacto way of...
Really?

What exactly are you accomplishing by not taking your hat off for a 2 minute tribute to our Country?

Is that your defacto way of being an asshole? Is it really that traumatic for you? Or how about if you don't agree with removing your hat, just shut the fuck up and have respect for other people.
I do take off my hat during the national anthem, I already said that, but the only reason I do that is so I don't have to deal with guys like you that have had 1 too many beers and want to start something with me over nothing.

I don't care if you do or don't remove a hat, it's a fucking hat for christs sake. If you really want to show respect why don't we just get on one knee and take a bow instead? That shows more respect than taking off a piece of fucking headgear.

I'm not an asshole either, I simply asked him to tell us why it's so important as I have no desire to read a book about a sniper...

Post a reply to: National Anthem WTF???

The Latest