NBCSN Pro MX package $50

ChrisB10
Edited Date/Time 5/5/2017 10:26am
http://www.promotocross.com/news/nbc-sports-gold-introduces-“pro-motocross-pass”

$50 for the entire season seems very reasonable. All motos live and on-demand without a cable subscription. Cool to see them offering this for those of us who don't have cable!
|
5/2/2017 10:30am
Did we ever figure out whether the first motos will still be free to stream for cable customers?
5/2/2017 10:37am
That is a good deal if you don't have access to NBCSN and MAVTV.

In January I bought the MXGP TV package for about 100 bucks ("early bird special"), and, man, that has been a great deal. On a race weekend, with qualifiers, EMX and MXW, it's almost more than I can even watch, especially if F1 and/or MotoGP are running on the same Sunday.

Xeno
5/2/2017 10:52am
Can't wait to watch Glen Helen on my mobile device while standing trackside!
Old&New
5/2/2017 10:57am
If it is true HD, works without glitching out and allows access to achieve events it will be awesome. I going to wait until after the 1st round to order to make sure.

The Shop

chase414
5/2/2017 11:30am
For the pain in the ass time that I've had trying to watch supercross the last few years since my cable dropped the speed channel in Canada after the switch to fs1 and the motocross races only being on American channels and only being able to watch the first motos easily I jumped on the chance to watch both motos easily. BTW $70 Canadain
Plugga
5/2/2017 2:23pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2017 2:23pm
What about the other countries not on the list?

You know like the big brown country at the bottom of the world that has had many riders race in the US. (and that other little country to it's right).
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/2/2017 2:25pm
Plugga wrote:
What about the other countries not on the list? You know like the big brown country at the bottom of the world that has had many...

You know like the big brown country at the bottom of the world that has had many riders race in the US. (and that other little country to it's right).
That has to do with NBC's TV rights in those areas...not anything MX Sports can do about that one.
early
Fantasy
2212th
5/2/2017 2:32pm
Old&New wrote:
If it is true HD, works without glitching out and allows access to achieve events it will be awesome. I going to wait until after the...
If it is true HD, works without glitching out and allows access to achieve events it will be awesome. I going to wait until after the 1st round to order to make sure.
This is done thru NBC Spots Network not MXSports directly. Ive been using the NBCSN app to stream the races for at least 3 years and it has worked fine.
ocscottie
5/2/2017 3:36pm
early wrote:
This is done thru NBC Spots Network not MXSports directly. Ive been using the NBCSN app to stream the races for at least 3 years and...
This is done thru NBC Spots Network not MXSports directly. Ive been using the NBCSN app to stream the races for at least 3 years and it has worked fine.
Same here, i watch F1 on it at times, works great.
yzweldon
5/2/2017 4:23pm
I just bought my access, I hope I can figure out how to get NBC sports gold app installed on my android box and firestick
Plugga
5/3/2017 1:05am
Plugga wrote:
What about the other countries not on the list? You know like the big brown country at the bottom of the world that has had many...

ML512 wrote:
That has to do with NBC's TV rights in those areas...not anything MX Sports can do about that one.
We only have Foxtel down here. They would be the only network that would be interested. If they don't have the rights we are screwed.

5/3/2017 6:57am
Cool, pay 50 bucks to watch 15 minutes of racing and 20 minutes of advertising.
early
Fantasy
2212th
5/3/2017 7:02am
Cool, you just post some BS without looking at ANY details.
5/3/2017 7:18am
early wrote:
I did, because I won't buy it anyways
early
Fantasy
2212th
5/3/2017 7:28am
early wrote:
I did, because I won't buy it anyways
There are no commercials.
rpawley
5/3/2017 8:36am
Does NBC sports show replays on the normal site with cable provider login? I think this might be worth it if I can skip watching the race live and watch it later on that night or something even though I have NBC sports access at the moment.
rpawley
5/3/2017 8:38am
rpawley wrote:
Does NBC sports show replays on the normal site with cable provider login? I think this might be worth it if I can skip watching the...
Does NBC sports show replays on the normal site with cable provider login? I think this might be worth it if I can skip watching the race live and watch it later on that night or something even though I have NBC sports access at the moment.
well shit, found my answer on this page: http://www.promotocross.com/mx/live

"Can I use my cable TV provider login to access live streams just like I did last year?
No, you can no longer watch the live streams using your cable TV provider login on the NBC Sports app. Live, on-demand and commercial-free streams will only be accessible with the NBC Sports Gold Pro Motocross Pass. Check your local TV listings for Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on NBC, NBCSN and MAVTV.
ganny
5/3/2017 8:57am
I wish it was supported on Rokus.
JVT357
Fantasy
3149th
5/3/2017 9:15am
rpawley wrote:
well shit, found my answer on this page: [url=http://www.promotocross.com/mx/live]http://www.promotocross.com/mx/live[/url] "Can I use my cable TV provider login to access live streams just like I did last...

"Can I use my cable TV provider login to access live streams just like I did last year?
No, you can no longer watch the live streams using your cable TV provider login on the NBC Sports app. Live, on-demand and commercial-free streams will only be accessible with the NBC Sports Gold Pro Motocross Pass. Check your local TV listings for Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on NBC, NBCSN and MAVTV.
Well shit!!! That sucks. I pay a ton of money for my direct TV package as it is. I was able to watch on my phone or tablet when not at home or from computer at work. Guess I will not have that option anymore. I can just DVR it and watch later but Id much rather watch it live.
I still think its good they are going that rout of being able to buy package. I just thinks it sucks for those of us that already pay way to much for our cable packages to not be able to watch the stream.
5/3/2017 9:23am
Honestly 50$ for a whole summer of racing isn't bad at all. If the streams are HD and no lag then it's a great deal. I'll be buying it for sure.
5/3/2017 9:27am
The intent of the package is for those that don't have NBCSN/Mav tv from cable provider, which means you can't use app to watch TV. This is sort of a bypass. So, if you have NBCSN, you'll still be able to watch online as previously without paying.
JVT357
Fantasy
3149th
5/3/2017 9:54am
The intent of the package is for those that don't have NBCSN/Mav tv from cable provider, which means you can't use app to watch TV. This...
The intent of the package is for those that don't have NBCSN/Mav tv from cable provider, which means you can't use app to watch TV. This is sort of a bypass. So, if you have NBCSN, you'll still be able to watch online as previously without paying.

Not according to the above.
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
5/3/2017 11:18am
4 motos = 30 mins each. More then 15 mins of racing lol + commercial free
Ha he can't do math either.
JM485
5/3/2017 12:43pm
rpawley wrote:
well shit, found my answer on this page: [url=http://www.promotocross.com/mx/live]http://www.promotocross.com/mx/live[/url] "Can I use my cable TV provider login to access live streams just like I did last...

JVT357 wrote:
Well shit!!! That sucks. I pay a ton of money for my direct TV package as it is. I was able to watch on my phone...
Well shit!!! That sucks. I pay a ton of money for my direct TV package as it is. I was able to watch on my phone or tablet when not at home or from computer at work. Guess I will not have that option anymore. I can just DVR it and watch later but Id much rather watch it live.
I still think its good they are going that rout of being able to buy package. I just thinks it sucks for those of us that already pay way to much for our cable packages to not be able to watch the stream.
Screw this then!!! We pretty much just lost what was "free" last year and now have to pay $50 to get what we already had. That's just complete BS!
IceMan446
5/3/2017 12:59pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2017 1:25pm
JM485 wrote:
Screw this then!!! We pretty much just lost what was "free" last year and now have to pay $50 to get what we already had. That's...
Screw this then!!! We pretty much just lost what was "free" last year and now have to pay $50 to get what we already had. That's just complete BS!
Think about it though, the MAVtv motos were complete horse shit as far as quality goes.

I understand the free part, but I cut the cord and this for some is perfect.

Pay the money, get the app and be happy we have NO COMMERCIALS and you can watch anytime you want and actually see the damn numbers on the bikes both motos!! lol
tickleme20
5/3/2017 1:05pm
JM485 wrote:
Screw this then!!! We pretty much just lost what was "free" last year and now have to pay $50 to get what we already had. That's...
IceMan446 wrote:
Think about it though, the MAVtv motos were complete horse shit as far as quality goes. I understand the free part, but I cut the cord...
Think about it though, the MAVtv motos were complete horse shit as far as quality goes.

Pay the money, get the app and be happy we have NO COMMERCIALS and you can watch anytime you want and actually see the damn numbers on the bikes both motos!! lol
+1. This looks awesome.
JM485
5/3/2017 1:38pm
JM485 wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:
Think about it though, the MAVtv motos were complete horse shit as far as quality goes. I understand the free part, but I cut the cord...

I don't get MavTV, I watched the first motos last summer using the free stream, plus I don't have an HD tv so it doesn't matter. I also generally didn't watch them live since I was riding, but by the time I was ready to watch at night they were up on promotocross.com and I was able to watch it then. Basically I now have to pay to see the first motos, when last year I got to watch them on my tablet with no issues.

Post a reply to: NBCSN Pro MX package $50

The Latest