NBC sports gold

racerx217
Edited Date/Time 8/3/2017 5:06am
Got to say I really like it and am glad i paid the 50 bucks for it. I usually wait a few hours after it airs and cut a bunch of time out of the broadcast and just watch the race. Really wish they would do the same type of deal for SX this year.
|
Xeno
8/1/2017 8:02pm
STOKED on NBC Sports Gold App!
I was in Mexico for the weekend, so I watched all the Washougal motos on Monday night.
The only glitch was Weege spoilling 450 moto 1 by mentioning the winner during the 250 moto 2 broadcast.
Sully
8/1/2017 8:11pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2017 8:11pm
I absolutely love it, too. Because of the time difference, all 4 motos are ready to go when I wake up on Sunday morning.

Xeno, it's not Weege's fault if you don't watch the motos in order. If he didn't talk about what happened in the previous motos, it would seem like four completely separate races to anyone tuning into motocross for the first time...
rpoint116
8/1/2017 8:14pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2017 8:16pm
racerx217 wrote:
Got to say I really like it and am glad i paid the 50 bucks for it. I usually wait a few hours after it airs...
Got to say I really like it and am glad i paid the 50 bucks for it. I usually wait a few hours after it airs and cut a bunch of time out of the broadcast and just watch the race. Really wish they would do the same type of deal for SX this year.
Agreed. I watch it thru Apple TV on a older LCD TV. Love it!!

If I were to nit-pick though...

1) It takes awhile after the moto for it to go on replay.

2) When watching live, you can't start watching late and start from the beginning.

I watched the Nationals last year on mav/NBC sports app sailing in the Carribean.
Spence119
8/1/2017 8:24pm
Great way to spend $50.

But since we are nit-picking....

My only gripe is if someone calls you while you're watching the motos the app has an "error" when you hang up the call and try to resume the race. You just have to restart the app and try to remember where you were at in the moto. Obviously not a big problem at all, just slightly annoying.

The Shop

Sully
8/1/2017 8:45pm
racerx217 wrote:
Got to say I really like it and am glad i paid the 50 bucks for it. I usually wait a few hours after it airs...
rpoint116 wrote:
Agreed. I watch it thru Apple TV on a older LCD TV. Love it!! If I were to nit-pick though... 1) It takes awhile after the...
Agreed. I watch it thru Apple TV on a older LCD TV. Love it!!

If I were to nit-pick though...

1) It takes awhile after the moto for it to go on replay.

2) When watching live, you can't start watching late and start from the beginning.

I watched the Nationals last year on mav/NBC sports app sailing in the Carribean.
"1) It takes awhile after the moto for it to go on replay. "

I wonder if that's just a refresh thing on your end? I started watching Washougal's first motos on replay while the second motos were still going live, and by the time the first 450 moto was done, the second 250 moto was all cued up and ready to go.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/1/2017 9:02pm
Xeno wrote:
STOKED on NBC Sports Gold App! I was in Mexico for the weekend, so I watched all the Washougal motos on Monday night. The only glitch...
STOKED on NBC Sports Gold App!
I was in Mexico for the weekend, so I watched all the Washougal motos on Monday night.
The only glitch was Weege spoilling 450 moto 1 by mentioning the winner during the 250 moto 2 broadcast.
Weege didn't spoil anything. You should of watched 250 moto 1 followed by 450 moto 1 then proceeded to 250 moto 2 and 450 moto 2 like they broadcast the races. That's the only way to avoid spoilers. If 450's go first then reverse the process.

That was your mistake but now you know.
JM485
8/1/2017 9:15pm
Serious question for those that bought it, are there major improvements over last year (aside from the commercial free aspect)? Last year everyone was bitching up a storm about how the stream and coverage sucked, they didn't want to switch channels, blah blah blah. Now, this year when everyone had to pay a premium for the stream, it's suddenly perfect and everyone is happy with it. Am I missing something or is it really that much better? I never had any problems last year with what was offered, so I'm wondering what makes up the $50 cost for you guys.
Xeno
8/1/2017 9:23pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Weege didn't spoil anything. You should of watched 250 moto 1 followed by 450 moto 1 then proceeded to 250 moto 2 and 450 moto 2...
Weege didn't spoil anything. You should of watched 250 moto 1 followed by 450 moto 1 then proceeded to 250 moto 2 and 450 moto 2 like they broadcast the races. That's the only way to avoid spoilers. If 450's go first then reverse the process.

Haha! Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

Sometimes I operate a little "out of the box"...

And since this awesome app allows me to watch the motos at any time, and in any sequence that I choose...

I will continue the unconventional, awkward and illogical sequence of 250 motos (1 then 2), followed by 450 motos (1 then 2)...

...with the understanding that the broadcast team could mention events from previous motos.
moto9
8/1/2017 10:49pm
Agreed....the gold was golden!
Be awesome if sx was on NBC sports gold since I cut cable.
TXDirt
8/1/2017 11:10pm
moto9 wrote:
Just signup for PlayStation VUE to watch SX. There are no contracts. Just pick cheapest plan that has the channel SX is on and then cancel at conclusion of SX season.
TXDirt
8/1/2017 11:13pm
JM485 wrote:
Serious question for those that bought it, are there major improvements over last year (aside from the commercial free aspect)? Last year everyone was bitching up...
Serious question for those that bought it, are there major improvements over last year (aside from the commercial free aspect)? Last year everyone was bitching up a storm about how the stream and coverage sucked, they didn't want to switch channels, blah blah blah. Now, this year when everyone had to pay a premium for the stream, it's suddenly perfect and everyone is happy with it. Am I missing something or is it really that much better? I never had any problems last year with what was offered, so I'm wondering what makes up the $50 cost for you guys.
Last year you could watch both motos on the NBCSports App. For those of us using the app we didn't have to switch channels and the stream was in HD.

This year the change is it's a paid subscription using the NBCSports Gold App and the races are commercial free.

The technology and streams are all essentially the same.

I had minimal problems last year and same this year. Usually works flawlessly.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/2/2017 12:56am
JM485 wrote:
Serious question for those that bought it, are there major improvements over last year (aside from the commercial free aspect)? Last year everyone was bitching up...
TXDirt wrote:
Last year you could watch both motos on the NBCSports App. For those of us using the app we didn't have to switch channels and the...
Last year you could watch both motos on the NBCSports App. For those of us using the app we didn't have to switch channels and the stream was in HD.

This year the change is it's a paid subscription using the NBCSports Gold App and the races are commercial free.

The technology and streams are all essentially the same.

I had minimal problems last year and same this year. Usually works flawlessly.
Don't forget we also get to watch the qualifiers which is an added bonus on top of having the races commercial free.

Not having to watch commercials every couple minutes is awesome.

Personally I think it's worth it and the conversion to CAD was almost 70$.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/2/2017 1:04am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Weege didn't spoil anything. You should of watched 250 moto 1 followed by 450 moto 1 then proceeded to 250 moto 2 and 450 moto 2...

Xeno wrote:
Haha! Thanks for pointing out [i]my[/i] mistake. Sometimes I operate a little "out of the box"... And since this awesome app allows me to watch the...
Haha! Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

Sometimes I operate a little "out of the box"...

And since this awesome app allows me to watch the motos at any time, and in any sequence that I choose...

I will continue the unconventional, awkward and illogical sequence of 250 motos (1 then 2), followed by 450 motos (1 then 2)...

...with the understanding that the broadcast team could mention events from previous motos.
Hey you paid for it so you're free to watch them in any combination you like but don't be disappointed when Weege or Langston give up some info on the 450's or 250's when you're watching the races.

Either way it's awesome that you can watch them when you want. Don't have to be glued to the TV all afternoon in order to watch it live. Still have to stay off this place until you watch the races unless you don't mind spoilers.

tmauto769
Fantasy
1135th
8/2/2017 3:31am
Sully wrote:
[i]"1) It takes awhile after the moto for it to go on replay. "[/i] I wonder if that's just a refresh thing on your end? I...
"1) It takes awhile after the moto for it to go on replay. "

I wonder if that's just a refresh thing on your end? I started watching Washougal's first motos on replay while the second motos were still going live, and by the time the first 450 moto was done, the second 250 moto was all cued up and ready to go.

Same here, when i started watching only the 250 moto1 was in the cue, as I finished that 450 moto1 was in the cue and so on. Watched all 4 back to back. You do have to refresh if it doesn't show in the cue.
motomike137
8/2/2017 3:47am
JM485 wrote:
Imho it is far from perfect but really nice to have available as an option.
skypig
8/2/2017 4:04am
I suspect my occasional issue might be caused by slow connection/required VPN.

The quality is normal fine, but sometimes is very low res. (Difficult to read the lap time/interval banner!)
There seems nothing I can do once this starts. EG pause for a while to allow it to "catch up" or select a higher quality.
Often it is fine, then sometimes on the same connection nothing I can do will improve the quality.

Any suggestions?
I'm not very computer smart. (Or any other kind of smart.)
brewrabb
8/2/2017 4:46am
kkawboy14 wrote:
They are dumb........I woulda paid $100
Shhhhhhh! Since canceling sat tv and no access to cable (is it still called that?) I am psyched to pay for stream instead of using cric or some other 2nd party. I first paid for mxgp when 'potto went to the series and am left wondering why more products are not offered as stream (got).
racerx217
8/2/2017 5:18pm
moto9 wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
Just signup for PlayStation VUE to watch SX. There are no contracts. Just pick cheapest plan that has the channel SX is on and then cancel...
Just signup for PlayStation VUE to watch SX. There are no contracts. Just pick cheapest plan that has the channel SX is on and then cancel at conclusion of SX season.
That's a good plan but i rarely can watch live, and have no interest in buying a DVR. If it had the replay feature id be all over it.
motomike137
8/3/2017 4:08am
kkawboy14 wrote:
They are dumb........I woulda paid $100
You interested in buying property in south central Florida?
FolkLoar
8/3/2017 5:06am
If you know that a moto has finished and it's still not showing up under replays, scroll down to bottom where the sports are split up and click on the icon for motocross. Replays will show up almost immediately under that tab. For some reason a simple screen refresh wasn't doing it for me. I'm on roku stick by the way.
fox777
8/3/2017 5:21am
Lmao.....YouTube.....its free
TXDirt
8/3/2017 5:54am
moto9 wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
Just signup for PlayStation VUE to watch SX. There are no contracts. Just pick cheapest plan that has the channel SX is on and then cancel...
racerx217 wrote:
That's a good plan but i rarely can watch live, and have no interest in buying a DVR. If it had the replay feature id be...
That's a good plan but i rarely can watch live, and have no interest in buying a DVR. If it had the replay feature id be all over it.
PlayStation VUE has built in cloud DVR service. Boom! And you don't need a PlayStation either. Just get an Amazon Fire TV box and download the VUE app to it.
IWreckALot
8/3/2017 5:55am
JM485 wrote:
Here was my bitch about the outdoors television setup before the NBCSports app.

I had switched cable providers 3 out of 4 years just so I could keep up with the changing networks. And the motos weren't aired on the same channel at that. The channel they aired the motos on were only on the most expensive packages so I had to pay for the most expensive package. Most everything that I watch other than moto is on the basic package. So paying a one time $50 fee for the year is saved in one month.

I would never watch the motos live previously because I wanted to murder Flo. She makes my blood pressure rise. I hate every part about her. Other commercials are raising their obnoxious level to the level of Flo.

Watching the ENTIRE moto live is the icing on the cake. Half of the time passes are made while you're on commercial break. You also lose a good amount of the race with the in broadcast advertising and the little sidebar stories they cut away from. Essentially you're getting twice the moto while you view.

Free would be an awesome price, but I don't mind paying $50 for the package we're getting.
TXDirt
8/3/2017 6:01am
kkawboy14 wrote:
......I love watching it when I want to watch it!
I also like that I can go back and re-watch it anytime. Like that second 250 moto last week. That was such a great race. Went back and watched it again a few days later.
ldnbmx
8/3/2017 6:04am
Viewer from the UK here, Love the app. It has improved loads since round 1. It makes the SX on demand service look like crap.
early
Fantasy
2212th
8/3/2017 6:07am
fox777 wrote:
Lmao.....YouTube.....its free
Picture quality is never as good on the youtube posted videos. Its not 1999 i like having a good picture on a 55"tv.

Post a reply to: NBC sports gold

The Latest