NBC Sports Gold - it's Not Magic - But it Ain't Bad

Anonymous (not verified)
5/20/2017 10:31am Edited Date/Time 5/27/2017 11:59am
No less than six threads (now seven) with "NBC Sports Gold" on the main page here in moto. Really? I'm 55 and dumber than a snail - slower than one too - but I love what I got for fifty bucks. Then again, I signed up for it when ML first noted it was available. Thus, I had a chance to experiment and play around with it. No issues here. Thanks, NBC!
|
5/20/2017 11:04am
I'll NEVER pay to watch motocross.
You guy must all be insiders or fucking high.
I will watch moto 2 and get the moto 1 recap, and all for FREE.
NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN NBC
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
5/20/2017 11:08am
I'll NEVER pay to watch motocross. You guy must all be insiders or fucking high. I will watch moto 2 and get the moto 1 recap...
Sounds like a plan. Is that kind if like drinking poison and expecting NBC to die?
JJ4
5/20/2017 11:19am
I've got no problem with it. I don't have cable and due to my weekend schedule won't have a chance to catch a moto live anyhow. Just have to stay away from Vital until I can watch on Saturday night.
jk367
5/20/2017 11:24am
I'm happy with it. I do have a ? Tho. Anybody know if we can watch re-runs or just previously recorded on gold? Just curious as sometimes I'm trying to watch from work and have to wait a few hrs sometimes

The Shop

DPW
5/20/2017 11:28am
Anonymous wrote:
No less than six threads (now seven) with "NBC Sports Gold" on the main page here in moto. Really? I'm 55 and dumber than a snail...
No less than six threads (now seven) with "NBC Sports Gold" on the main page here in moto. Really? I'm 55 and dumber than a snail - slower than one too - but I love what I got for fifty bucks. Then again, I signed up for it when ML first noted it was available. Thus, I had a chance to experiment and play around with it. No issues here. Thanks, NBC!
same over then not being 55....app works great and or watching from computer while "working"
RG1
5/20/2017 11:29am
I'll NEVER pay to watch motocross. You guy must all be insiders or fucking high. I will watch moto 2 and get the moto 1 recap...
You'll never support those who give our sport live television time? You sound like a jackass
Beeby
5/20/2017 11:32am
It does suck to pay out more money on top of our cable/internet already. But it's live coverage of what is still a small audience sport. To me, it's a fair deal. I would t pay more though, so they need to maintain that price. If it truly is commercial free that will be ace, I am sick of watching the same old Toyota/kawi/monster commercials
jk367
5/20/2017 11:33am
jk367 wrote:
I'm happy with it. I do have a ? Tho. Anybody know if we can watch re-runs or just previously recorded on gold? Just curious as...
I'm happy with it. I do have a ? Tho. Anybody know if we can watch re-runs or just previously recorded on gold? Just curious as sometimes I'm trying to watch from work and have to wait a few hrs sometimes
Haha didn't realize that there's a whole thread on just my question. Happy moto day bros
DPW
5/20/2017 11:37am
jk367 wrote:
I'm happy with it. I do have a ? Tho. Anybody know if we can watch re-runs or just previously recorded on gold? Just curious as...
5/20/2017 12:20pm
Cable + Internet is already $200 a month.
Enough is enough, but have fun getting reamed.
If the money went to the performers, I'd consider it.
5/20/2017 7:07pm
Got rid of DirecTV last year. I now have an antenna for local channels. I subsribe to Sling, Hulu, CBS, Netflix, and now the nats. Cut my bill by over half. YouTube is free. I got more stuff to watch than I have time...and it's all in HD.
5/20/2017 7:10pm
By the way, Jeffro is free. You can change your signature now. I recommend, "I'm getting screwed by the cable company and love to bitch about it on Vital."
MXVet261
Fantasy
3973rd
5/20/2017 9:27pm
I thought you said in the first post you were watching it FOR FREE?
5/20/2017 10:25pm
$1/hr of motos coverage, for real quit whining about price that is pretty cheap
JB 19
5/20/2017 10:32pm
I wasn't thrilled about spending 50$, but I have Dish and wanted to be guaranteed I could watch the first motos same day. Live isn't a big deal to me. I generally record and then watch when I have time. It's cool to watch practice if I'm around while it's going on though. Everything with the app went off without a hitch for me.
Beeby
5/21/2017 6:59am
I was a bit pissed to see commercials though I have to say! And yes, a trail for coverage of the Monaco Grand Prix is a commercial. As was that dumb feature about that chain tension tool.
kkawboy14
5/21/2017 7:18am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2017 7:19am
Worked flawlessly for me! The beauty is you don't have to hang out in front of the tv waiting for it, watching it anytime you want and not having to pay cable for their recording system is worth $50
HenryA
5/21/2017 7:29am
It's mint, bro.
Pirate421
5/21/2017 8:14am
$50 is about how much it costs to fill up my truck and half as much as it costs to ride for one day and we get all motos commercial free. And no recording or coming home to see that horse racing or golf or a dog show screwed up the race. I'm pumped on how this app works.
tp4
5/21/2017 8:44am
$50 worth it ..I would like them to keep the camera on the winners when they leave the track to removing the helmets to viewing the expressions on their faces is a story..
they showed tomac with his helmet off at the start of 2nd moto..he looked like he needed a nap..he was slow to get going .
oldnwise
5/22/2017 5:24am
X200

Why pay??? If everybody pays, we will never get first motor on tv. People are so lame....instant gratification is what most crave....no logic.

Give the networks more mone??!?!? Really?!?

oldnwise
5/22/2017 5:26am
RG1 wrote:
You'll never support those who give our sport live television time? You sound like a jackass
Ummm, live tv time?!?! It's on the internet you moron
5/22/2017 6:10am
oldnwise wrote:
X200 Why pay??? If everybody pays, we will never get first motor on tv. People are so lame....instant gratification is what most crave....no logic. Give the...
X200

Why pay??? If everybody pays, we will never get first motor on tv. People are so lame....instant gratification is what most crave....no logic.

Wrong. It's not instant gratification I crave. It is commercial free, uninterrupted, live outdoor motocross in full HD that I crave. It's an afternoon of sitting around with family and friends enjoying that commercial free, uninterrupted, live outdoor motocross in full HD - at the time it is actually happening - that I crave. It is not having to sit around waiting and flipping to another channel that I crave.
oldnwise
5/22/2017 6:14am
oldnwise wrote:
X200 Why pay??? If everybody pays, we will never get first motor on tv. People are so lame....instant gratification is what most crave....no logic. Give the...
X200

Wrong. It's not instant gratification I crave. It is commercial free, uninterrupted, live outdoor motocross in full HD that I crave. It's an afternoon of sitting...
Wrong. It's not instant gratification I crave. It is commercial free, uninterrupted, live outdoor motocross in full HD that I crave. It's an afternoon of sitting around with family and friends enjoying that commercial free, uninterrupted, live outdoor motocross in full HD - at the time it is actually happening - that I crave. It is not having to sit around waiting and flipping to another channel that I crave.
You can actually "SEE" the logic fly through the window!

You just completely defined self serving instant gratification!!!

Don't worry about it....NBC loves you for it.
ttugrad1793
5/22/2017 6:15am
I go offline for the day once the races start.
Go to www.offroadvideos.org starting later in the evening and the owner posts HD Youtube videos of each moto without spoilers. Stream to your TV.
Done.
And it's free.
Commercial free as well. (It appeared to be a rip of the Gold Pass stream)
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
5/22/2017 6:19am
This is one of those shake my head topics. I can't believe people can't see the value in NBC Sports Gold service.

The people that seem to be mad about it got their live internet viewing option takin away. Which I thought was the dumbest shit I have every heard of, Log in with your cable provider to watch on the internet. Thats like using my Applebee's gift card to purchase a car wash.

You pay for cable, you watch it on cable. You pay for internet now you get to access the races that are broadcasted on the internet like before. Imagine that.

Imagine going riding and having the option to watch the outdoor nations live on your phone while camping at the track. Set up a TV and watch outside with your buddies. How much is that worth?

I think it is great and a great value.
5/22/2017 6:20am
oldnwise wrote:
X200

Wrong. It's not instant gratification I crave. It is commercial free, uninterrupted, live outdoor motocross in full HD that I crave. It's an afternoon of sitting...
oldnwise wrote:
You can actually "SEE" the logic fly through the window!

You just completely defined self serving instant gratification!!!

Don't worry about it....NBC loves you for it.
No worries, my friend. You do what you need to do. I will continue to enjoy the motos as described above. You can continue to do the same on your television when they air them. I appreciate having a choice.
5/22/2017 6:24am
Markee wrote:
This is one of those shake my head topics. I can't believe people can't see the value in NBC Sports Gold service. The people that seem...
This is one of those shake my head topics. I can't believe people can't see the value in NBC Sports Gold service.

The people that seem to be mad about it got their live internet viewing option takin away. Which I thought was the dumbest shit I have every heard of, Log in with your cable provider to watch on the internet. Thats like using my Applebee's gift card to purchase a car wash.

You pay for cable, you watch it on cable. You pay for internet now you get to access the races that are broadcasted on the internet like before. Imagine that.

Imagine going riding and having the option to watch the outdoor nations live on your phone while camping at the track. Set up a TV and watch outside with your buddies. How much is that worth?

I think it is great and a great value.
Hey Markee, don't know if you saw an earlier post I made about how I put the big screen out on the pool deck and watched the racing while swimming, having a cold one, and tending a couple of plump hens I had in the smoker. NBC Gold and Chromecast greatly contributed to an awesome Saturday!

Post a reply to: NBC Sports Gold - it's Not Magic - But it Ain't Bad

The Latest