NBC Sports Gold Issue

tcallahan707
Edited Date/Time 8/24/2017 10:52am
Anyone else clicking the link to watch live and it going to a replay of 2016 1st 450 moto?
|
8/19/2017 11:35am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2017 10:46am
yeah it did that to me several times... signed out ,re-signed in and re-Freshed before it worked, unfortunatley it was the second lap by then.
Hut
8/19/2017 11:47am
Worked fine here, no more backing out to watch the next show I see
MCfan4life
8/19/2017 12:11pm
Mine has never worked after the first round that I downloaded the app.

I've re-installed Flash Player, refreshed my browser more times than I can remember, logged in and logged out several times and nothing works. All I get is the white wheel spinning round and round. Waste of money and super frustrating...

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/19/2017 12:20pm
greenmx5 wrote:
The 2nd 450 moto is not playing...
Technical difficulties on NBC. A little weird considering the first two moto's played just fine.
SteezGeez
Fantasy
553rd
8/19/2017 12:24pm
Just went over to NBCSN to watch it
skypig
8/19/2017 12:50pm
MCfan4life wrote:
Mine has never worked after the first round that I downloaded the app. I've re-installed Flash Player, refreshed my browser more times than I can remember...

I've re-installed Flash Player, refreshed my browser more times than I can remember, logged in and logged out several times and nothing works. All I get is the white wheel spinning round and round. Waste of money and super frustrating...
You are using a VPN I assume?
Mine works ok. (In OZ)
oshow
8/19/2017 1:14pm
Hell no, I wouldn't pay to watch
cwtoyota
8/19/2017 2:11pm
450 second moto... What a joke.
I think they've lost me for next year...

$50 isn't much for the service, but it's so clear when you use it that it's just thrown together.
I think I'll just catch them on Youtube or Dailymotion as a replay next year.
rhysthomas
8/19/2017 3:01pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2017 6:13pm
I'll point out that they advertised every lap of every moto live.. if they have failed to deliver on that promise they will have to refund anyone that requests it.. screenshot this thread to prove it's not an isolated incident.
8/19/2017 5:09pm
Just like last week.

We got the JV production team. First 15 minutes of 450 Moto 2 were not shown due to "technical difficulties". Really impressive for the sport on national TVAngry . Unbelievable that there is no redundancy in the production or that the Moto was allowed to start without the broadcast functioning. If NBC provided that type of coverage to NASCAR or any other legit sport someone would be out of a job before the end of the event.

No wonder we can't get outside sponsors to invest in the sport. Truly sad and embarrassing. Dry
MCfan4life
8/19/2017 8:42pm
MCfan4life wrote:
Mine has never worked after the first round that I downloaded the app. I've re-installed Flash Player, refreshed my browser more times than I can remember...

skypig wrote:
Mine works ok. (In OZ)
Yep I'm using a VPN.

It won't play on my Mac using Safari or Chrome but will play on my PC (but for some reason the quality is really bad).

This is all I get on my Mac...

kkawboy14
8/19/2017 9:06pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2017 9:06pm
I'm pretty sure the Russians hacked the second 450 moto coverage!
fox777
8/19/2017 9:17pm
Yup. I'll catch it on YouTube for FREE.
aeffertz
8/19/2017 9:29pm
oshow wrote:
Hell no, I wouldn't pay to watch
Yeah, fuck this sport!
8/19/2017 9:41pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the Russians hacked the second 450 moto coverage!
I'm pretty sure one of the drunk interns they assign to our sport each week stumbled over one of the XLR cables. Again. We have got to quit hiring production assistants that have been trained by the Jane Goodall Institute.

If I had to watch that blonde chick pour Lucas gas treatment down her tank one more time, I was gonna lose my mind. I was almost wishing for Barcia to run out of gas and have to have Peick rescue him in a Tundra.Laughing

Amazingly, there was not a single glitch in the NBC Sports production of Bristol tonight. Other than letting Kyle Busch win, of course.
USA
Fantasy
507th
8/19/2017 10:57pm
MCfan4life wrote:
Yep I'm using a VPN. It won't play on my Mac using Safari or Chrome but will play on my PC (but for some reason the...
Yep I'm using a VPN.

It won't play on my Mac using Safari or Chrome but will play on my PC (but for some reason the quality is really bad).

Just so you know there's more people in the same boat as you...

This is exactly what I get with my Mac. A Microsoft laptop is able to run for maybe one or two minutes at a time on wireless, and then it becomes un-watchable, and I have to refresh the stream multiple times every few minutes. Running on a wired connection is fine after dealing with this bs.... totally not the reason I purchased the gold package.... By the way, no other streaming package I have performs this poorly.
8/19/2017 11:59pm
Trying to watch the replay now and the 2nd 450 Moto was cut over 10 mins with "technical difficulties". This isn't the first time this has happened this year either. Also the streaming quality has been lackluster at best. And NO it isn't my internet speed either because I can still stream/run and/or download/upload simultaneously multiple 4k videos with no problems. Also the multiple production problem and the lackluster actual TV camera operators and directors who dictate what is actually on screen. Ive been disappointed in the package so far
tmauto769
Fantasy
1001st
8/20/2017 3:58am
I run it on a mac book pro every weekend, so it isn't a mac issue as some of you pointed out. My biggest beef with it is on the replays, why can't they edit out the nothingness at the beginning and go straight to the start of the moto. Some weekends it is at :30 seconds in, others its out at 10 mins in. I am just tired of dicking around with the slider on the player trying to find out exactly where the beginning is every weekend. On the live streams I can understand, but take 5 mins and do us a favor and chop all the bs in the beginning on the replays, as whoever is doing this knows exactly where the moto is starting.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
8/20/2017 4:53am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2017 7:05am
Other than the problems they had this weekend, it has worked flawless on my end. I have a old chromecast in the garage (2G wireless), Fire TV on main tv (5g) and a Fire Stick in my gym (2G). All have worked great. Oh yeah, on my android droid phone, works good.

I'll will defiantly buy again.
kyle43mx
8/20/2017 6:46am
NBC should be embarrassed by the coverage this weekend. First we miss practice, then they lose the first 10 minutes of the second 450 moto, followed by overlapping audio and the footage jumping back and forth reshowing parts of the race that weren't actual replays. Granted I haven't had issues for most of the year, but I have to imagine with the nbc gold package they made a shit ton of money this year and I've officially had more problems this season watching than any other year.
motodriller
8/20/2017 7:10am
I'd be pissed off if I had bought into this shit. It's like they took the money and ran off. Haha.
At least you could turn on NBC and watch on regular tv. Nope,blank screen.

I would love to hear what D.C. has to say about this shit.

At least the GPs are on CBS.
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
8/20/2017 7:20am
MCfan4life wrote:
Yep I'm using a VPN. It won't play on my Mac using Safari or Chrome but will play on my PC (but for some reason the...
Yep I'm using a VPN.

USA wrote:
Just so you know there's more people in the same boat as you... This is exactly what I get with my Mac. A Microsoft laptop is...
Just so you know there's more people in the same boat as you...

This is exactly what I get with my Mac. A Microsoft laptop is able to run for maybe one or two minutes at a time on wireless, and then it becomes un-watchable, and I have to refresh the stream multiple times every few minutes. Running on a wired connection is fine after dealing with this bs.... totally not the reason I purchased the gold package.... By the way, no other streaming package I have performs this poorly.
A wired connection running better than wireless isn't going to be a problem with the app. It will be a problem with your connection. I've watched all the motos this year and the only issue I've had with the app is yesterday's 2nd 450 moto not playing the first 10 minutes but that was a production issue not the app.
speed_racer
Fantasy
1939th
8/20/2017 7:21am
Whoever came up with NBC gold for moto should know they went backwards.

You cheapened the sport real good.

Just catch your moto on the net because we can't get a decent TV deal.

The TV deal cost money, the net deal we make massive money, it's a no brainier.

The fan has no choice, they will pay us to watch our advertising.
8/20/2017 7:24am
Markee wrote:
Other than the problems they had this weekend, it has worked flawless on my end. I have a old chromecast in the garage (2G wireless), Fire...
Other than the problems they had this weekend, it has worked flawless on my end. I have a old chromecast in the garage (2G wireless), Fire TV on main tv (5g) and a Fire Stick in my gym (2G). All have worked great. Oh yeah, on my android droid phone, works good.

I'll will defiantly buy again.
Bro, get a cat! Haha! Just kiddin', Markee. I had problems too, but I don't care. I still got to see the races. Maybe I'm too easy going about it, but just as long as I can watch when I want to for the majority of the time, I don't really care. I'm not gonna get all freaked out because it cost me $50. I spent more than that Friday evening taking my wife and son to Chili's, and it's not like Chili's is a high-end restaurant.
DD325
8/20/2017 9:08am
Never an issue with NBC Sports app on my Roku. Plays perfect live on my tv. $50 well spent! Technical difficulties happen. You all like to get your panties in a bunch over everything.
DPW
8/20/2017 9:38am
Hoping we get a similar setup for Supercross, zero issues with NBC Gold app on Apple TV. A lot better then paying for an overpriced TV/cable package.
JRCII
8/20/2017 10:14am
MCfan4life wrote:

skypig wrote:
Mine works ok. (In OZ)
MCfan4life wrote:
Yep I'm using a VPN.

I'm another Mac user with the same problem, first two races were great and then just the spinner. Had many emails with NBC Sports Gold tech support and no resolve to the problem, all software up to date, wired and wireless, safari and chrome, nothing worked.

Post a reply to: NBC Sports Gold Issue

The Latest