4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

MyMotocross Collection Pro helmets/Pro gear Etc..

starchild

C100_ac29_1

12/30/2012 7:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/18/2013 4:49 PM

Here is some of my MX collection. i have a fetish for helmets especially race worn pro helmets and race gear. here is some of what i have left. hope you guys enjoy.

might as well start with the greatest of all time. RC's 1999 outdoor national #1 pro circuit helmet.

the man himself wearing it

jeff mataisevich's 1990 #20 helmet.

here it is in action.

JMB's 1989 #111 JT als 2 bad bayle helmet

DV12 david vuillemin #12 helmets

this one i got right from david at the southwick national in 2006

here's another signed one i believe from 2003

here is a signed mike alessi shark helmet. super cool paint.

ivan tedesco plano honda shoei vfx.

ray sommo #27 arai mx, i love this one.

here are some rider replica helmets.

guy cooper

rick johnson moto 4 sort of an Anaheim 86 replica

rick johnson signed moto 5 #13

jeff stanton signed arai mx pro

david bailey inspired JT als 1

signed david bailey JT als 2.

here some pro gear.

jeff stanton 1989 #7 jersey

beast from the east damon bradshaw #28 signed jersey circa 1996

chicken #9 jersey signed

ryan dungey signed #1 suzuki jersey

chad reed pant/jersey set signed jersey with victory decal.

jeff emig pant/jersey #6 signed jersey

ricky johnson race worn JT cyborg "hammer" pants from 1990 500cc USGP

RJ in action HAMMERING

RJ 1986 fox gear

RJ 1985 fox yamaha gear

RJ jersey

my favorite t shirt when i was a kid

being from new england gotta have some dowdy stuff

fonseca " fonz " pants

and some killer AXO 1990's era gear love this stuff. can you say damon bradshaw.

and a pair of RJ alpinestar bad boy club boots.

my stanton replica cr250

stantons bike

and my RJ 86 cr250 replica

starchild

C100_ac29_1

12/30/2012 7:09 PM

enjoy

FLmxer

C100_ivory_20in_20hand_202007_1372438609

12/30/2012 8:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2012 8:29 PM

Wow amazing collection. Wow...wow!!

GuyB

C100_052614guyb_1401127006

Administrator

12/30/2012 10:32 PM

Awesome stuff.

mxb2

C100

12/30/2012 10:43 PM

Nice man.

scubasteve

C100_rszchicken

12/31/2012 2:28 AM

What can i say.......... those helmets are the BOMB !!!!! Should be more of them nowadays just like Chiz 11 and his custom HJC lids, hes a couple i have to share

USA_Rider_

C100

12/31/2012 5:43 PM

Very nice, thanks for taking the time to post up some MX history for us.....

starchild

C100_ac29_1

12/31/2012 7:00 PM

here's another pic of " Chicken " wearing his #20 helmet.

JBods

C100_big_aw_0074

12/31/2012 7:00 PM

Awesome

stillwelding

C100_welder_1024x1280_1378500153

12/31/2012 7:32 PM

And to think of all the times, in the last 44 years, I could have gotten someone's gear, just by asking for it. I've never even asked for anyone's autograph (other than on a check). It was just the way I was indoctrinated. The guys I started riding with and working for, were just friends or employers. Nice collection and great memories.

starchild

C100_ac29_1

12/31/2012 7:45 PM

stillwelding wrote: And to think of all the times, in the last 44 years, I could have gotten someone's gear, just by asking for it. I've never even asked for anyone's autograph (other than on a check). It was just the way I was indoctrinated. The guys I started riding with and working for, were just friends or employers. Nice collection and great memories.

the only item i have that was actually just straight up given to me by a pro is my david vuillemin helmet i got at southwick in 2006 ( the orange/blue one) . we chatted in the pits earlier in the day and he saw me with my stanton replica helmet and asked me a ton of queations about it and i offered it to him for one of his helmets and he said he would think about it. after that i basically let it go and we kept chatting and to be honest i never really asked him for it, that year they were having an auction after the race for doug henry to help raise some funds for him and i happen to ask DV12 if he was going to have anything in the auction. he said he was donating his pants/jersey from the race. i asked if he was going to possibly offer a helmet and he said no but told me to meet him after the final moto and he would just give me the one he wore that day. sure enough he did.

MX Culture

C100_img00030_1

12/31/2012 11:20 PM

That chicken helmet is rad. Let me know if u wanna trade for any of my jerseys. Facebook/MxCulture.

pitbike502

C100_h4_1402177702

1/1/2013 1:48 AM

Wow. Where do you live and when might you be away for a period of time? Hahaha.

That is awesome, some of my favorite gear ever in there! The emig gear is cool as hell, everything is!

starchild

C100_ac29_1

1/1/2013 5:34 PM

MX Culture wrote: That chicken helmet is rad. Let me know if u wanna trade for any of my jerseys. Facebook/MxCulture.

thanks MX Culture, there a few items i will not let go off, my matiasevich helmet is first on that list.

everything else i would be willing to part with for the right item.

let me know what you have available for jerseys.

homerdaman

C100

1/1/2013 5:42 PM

StarChild

I'm interested in the Tedesco helmet if your up for a trade. I have a bunch of jerseys to choose from

Shawn

GHR

C100_me_and_jeremy

1/1/2013 5:45 PM

That is a very sweet collection. I think Im gonna start making one myself. Nice work!

We got no food, no jobs... our PETS' HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!"

Presley155

C100_djhitepic_1

1/1/2013 6:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2013 6:22 PM

I'm interested in a Jeff Emig Shift #1 jersey from preferably 97'. 98' would work too. I have a race worn and signed Carmichael jersey from the 2005 Thunder Valley national I would be willing to trade.

brian.perteete

C100_oh

1/1/2013 7:43 PM

so...who's got Red Bull lid? never see those circulated.

RandyS

C100_bunnies

1/1/2013 7:46 PM

stillwelding wrote: And to think of all the times, in the last 44 years, I could have gotten someone's gear, just by asking for it. I've never even asked for anyone's autograph (other than on a check). It was just the way I was indoctrinated. The guys I started riding with and working for, were just friends or employers. Nice collection and great memories.

starchild wrote: the only item i have that was actually just straight up given to me by a pro is my david vuillemin helmet i got at southwick in 2006 ( the orange/blue one) . we chatted in the pits earlier in the day and he saw me with my stanton replica helmet and asked me a ton of queations about it and i offered it to him for one of his helmets and he said he would think about it. after that i basically let it go and we kept chatting and to be honest i never really asked him for it, that year they were having an auction after the race for doug henry to help raise some funds for him and i happen to ask DV12 if he was going to have anything in the auction. he said he was donating his pants/jersey from the race. i asked if he was going to possibly offer a helmet and he said no but told me to meet him after the final moto and he would just give me the one he wore that day. sure enough he did.

Hey, you got that Bayle helmet from me off ebay a dozen or so years ago. Did you ever find any pictures of it?

starchild

C100_ac29_1

1/1/2013 9:04 PM

starchild wrote: the only item i have that was actually just straight up given to me by a pro is my david vuillemin helmet i got at southwick in 2006 ( the orange/blue one) . we chatted in the pits earlier in the day and he saw me with my stanton replica helmet and asked me a ton of queations about it and i offered it to him for one of his helmets and he said he would think about it. after that i basically let it go and we kept chatting and to be honest i never really asked him for it, that year they were having an auction after the race for doug henry to help raise some funds for him and i happen to ask DV12 if he was going to have anything in the auction. he said he was donating his pants/jersey from the race. i asked if he was going to possibly offer a helmet and he said no but told me to meet him after the final moto and he would just give me the one he wore that day. sure enough he did.

RandyS wrote: Hey, you got that Bayle helmet from me off ebay a dozen or so years ago. Did you ever find any pictures of it?

hi randy, i got the bayle helmet from a friend of mine who got it on ebay, possibly from you i think the seller who had it was longboardgrotto. anyway he acquired it for me and i did a trade deal with him. so in a way i guess if that was you i did get it from you.

but to this day i still have not found a pic of him wearing it, i've found many of him wearing other OCD painted helmets with #111 on them. someday it will surface. but its a great helmet and one of the staples of my helmet collection.

jeffro503

C100_bright_avatar

1/1/2013 10:37 PM

Wow man....awesome collection! Feeling a little jealous at the moment. Thanks for posting all the pics to!

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Jay.

RandyS

C100_bunnies

1/2/2013 5:44 AM

RandyS wrote: Hey, you got that Bayle helmet from me off ebay a dozen or so years ago. Did you ever find any pictures of it?

starchild wrote: hi randy, i got the bayle helmet from a friend of mine who got it on ebay, possibly from you i think the seller who had it was longboardgrotto. anyway he acquired it for me and i did a trade deal with him. so in a way i guess if that was you i did get it from you.

but to this day i still have not found a pic of him wearing it, i've found many of him wearing other OCD painted helmets with #111 on them. someday it will surface. but its a great helmet and one of the staples of my helmet collection.

I don't remember who I sold it to, could have been longboardgrotto so maybe it went through ebay again. I got it off ebay listed as "quad/ATV" helmet with no mention of Bayle, JT, or anything making it worth more than, a few bucks, I thought I was seeing thinks because back then most pictures on ebay were pretty bad. I think I paid $10 for it. OCD did his helmets back then but I could never understand the size, it's pretty small. The only thing I could think of was that maybe JT sent the wrong size and OCD didn't catch it before painting, which would explain no pictures. My other thought is that Honda didn't approve of the graphic, also explaining the lack of pictures. How some quad rider had it 10 years later I don't know. Either way it is definitely a Bayle helmet, and the you're #1 to somebody makes it extra cool, glad to see it found a good home.

yzvet426

C100_photo

1/2/2013 6:00 AM

Damn, some super nice stuff

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

starchild

C100_ac29_1

1/2/2013 6:39 AM

starchild wrote: hi randy, i got the bayle helmet from a friend of mine who got it on ebay, possibly from you i think the seller who had it was longboardgrotto. anyway he acquired it for me and i did a trade deal with him. so in a way i guess if that was you i did get it from you.

RandyS wrote: I don't remember who I sold it to, could have been longboardgrotto so maybe it went through ebay again. I got it off ebay listed as "quad/ATV" helmet with no mention of Bayle, JT, or anything making it worth more than, a few bucks, I thought I was seeing thinks because back then most pictures on ebay were pretty bad. I think I paid $10 for it. OCD did his helmets back then but I could never understand the size, it's pretty small. The only thing I could think of was that maybe JT sent the wrong size and OCD didn't catch it before painting, which would explain no pictures. My other thought is that Honda didn't approve of the graphic, also explaining the lack of pictures. How some quad rider had it 10 years later I don't know. Either way it is definitely a Bayle helmet, and the you're #1 to somebody makes it extra cool, glad to see it found a good home.

hi randy, i don't know the exact path the helmet took before i got it from my friend but as you said. it is in a very good home. and as for the size i do believe he wore a size small helmet, i have another friend who owns another of his JT helmets and his was also a small. as for pictures of the helmet i know i have seen it somewhere but i just can't track it down. even my DV12 helmets and my Alessi helmets are smalls. i wear a small also so i don't find it too odd. and i know many pros prefer a very snug fitting helmet. i worked for troy lee years ago and even the guys at TLD would comment on how small some of the pros helmets were, especially chad reeds.

funny how you got the JMB helmet, that is pretty much how i got my matiasevich helmet. got it on ebay in a lot of helmets owned by C.C. deville of poison of all places, and the chicken helmet was in there and nobody else seemed to know what it was. i totally lucked out.

Robgvx

C100

1/2/2013 7:14 AM

Trivia question:

(Les gars français ne sont pas autorisés à répondre)

DV's helmet has 'Olaf' on the visor. What does that mean?

starchild

C100_ac29_1

3/10/2013 6:34 PM

if anyone is interested i have some of my pro helmets for sale in the bazaar section. figured i would give it a bump here as not too many look in the bazaar section too often. but it might be worth a look.

Allec127

C100_97883730_1271724397

3/17/2013 6:24 PM

Do you till have the Reed Gear?

starchild

C100_ac29_1

3/17/2013 6:45 PM

Allec127 wrote: Do you till have the Reed Gear?

yes i do, just sent you a message.

Allec127

C100_97883730_1271724397

3/18/2013 4:47 PM

Sorry i had a old e-mail in my profile so i did not get it. I updated my e-mail, so please re-send.

starchild

C100_ac29_1

3/18/2013 4:58 PM

Allec127 wrote: Sorry i had a old e-mail in my profile so i did not get it. I updated my e-mail, so please re-send.

re sent email allec. just let me know. thanks
Post a Reply to: MyMotocross Collection Pro helmets/Pro gear Etc..

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm