My thoughts on the track and the dome-I am here

level
Edited Date/Time 2/21/2015 5:17pm
Well I was there. Just went down for little bit with my 4 year old and was too much for her. They get too antsy at that age. In fact just gave my tickets to some couple walking in since I had some good tickets and didn't want to just throw them in the trash.

By the way getting to the dome was a nightmare. It's just awful down there. Getting into the city is just awful. You sit on the off ramp for about 20 minutes when getting off exit it's so backed up. Then it takes another 45 minutes to get to the dome which is only about 2 miles away. Then another 20 minutes to try and park once you reach the dome. It's just awful. I hate how crowded this city is and how awful it is downtown. It's so stressful. It was the same when I went to the aquarium last month which is by the dome. But I digress, just had to vent because it was just so stressful and I felt like all we did was sit in the car and walk. Oh and walked and walked some more. Just so much walking from parking to ticket office to inside then to pit party then back to dome then when leaving walking all way back to where we parked.

The track is way different compared to Atlanta in the past and I mean way different.

I don't know about the start. It seems like there is literally no room for all the riders to fit. Looks like only about 5 riders can fit into the first corner. The start is very strange because there is a huge wall jump so they go right to the left of that into the rhythm but it's very strange and very tight.

The first triple isn't bad at all and looks pretty smooth for the riders. Then they come to the next triple around the corner into a long and I mean long ass whoop section that has 2 sections. One is all whoops and the other is mostly whoops with also a jump.

Overall the track is much tighter than years past and the start is drastically different because they always used to do long straight starts.

Should be interesting. Track overall seems pretty good.
|
txmxer
2/21/2015 3:48pm
Same basic layout as Dallas, with a few changes to obstacles.

The Shop

elsinore
2/21/2015 4:22pm
Getting into the dome sucks. Driving and parking at the dome is a bumper to bumper fuckfest. We used to park at the airport and ride MARTA to the dome, which was easy enough. However, all of the gangbanger type asshholes that rode the trains made it enough to stop going.
Corey_Tallent
2/21/2015 5:08pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2015 5:10pm
Lots of folks sick this weekend. I would have three seats filled if i didnt have some sick ones in the house. But, I totally agree with you about it seems all one does is WALK at the event. Back in 2003, the pits were in the same place as they are now, but it was a SIMPLE walk from the dome down through some glass doors and down a hallway about 100 yards long and you were in the pits. Now, you have to walk a quarter mile down one hall, down a flight of escalators, walk that same quarter mile back and then somewhere along the way you finally reach the bottom of the place and lo and behold, theres the pits. Most people just give up. If they dont change the way they structure the pits and make it more easily accessible for fans to attend the pits, then folks like myself, will not attend the pit parties any longer. We already have to walk from the car to wherever inside a Marta station...climb a hell of a flight of stairs to get to the platform, and then reach the dome exit and have to walk another quarter mile to the Dome itself. Im not complaining because everyone needs exercise, but its a helluva long day if someone turns it into an all day event and I would not be surprised if someone walks upwards of 5 miles on Supercross Saturday and the oddity of it is, is that most of it is within a half mile radius.

Maybe theyll turn the new Braves Stadium into a nice Supercross venue.....i doubt it....but it would be a lot easier I think getting to that versus the Dome. The gang bangers and general assholes that ride Marta all the time also tend to steer people away. However, again, if I didnt have some sick folks in the house...I would have been one of the idiots that walked that far and dealt with the headaches just to see that race.

Post a reply to: My thoughts on the track and the dome-I am here

The Latest