My thoughts on Budds Creek

6/28/2015 1:08pm
I also thought the track looked pretty good. John can get the place pretty dialled for any weather conditions.
kkawboy14
6/28/2015 3:22pm
Hmmmm, upbeat posting, complimentary, kind, friendly, considerate..... Am I in the right place? :0)
lumpy790
6/28/2015 3:35pm
I think MX Sports runs the show now. They have always been good at removing the muck and getting down to the good dirt.

TV does not do the hills and off cambers justice.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/28/2015 3:38pm
lumpy790 wrote:
I think MX Sports runs the show now. They have always been good at removing the muck and getting down to the good dirt. TV does...
I think MX Sports runs the show now. They have always been good at removing the muck and getting down to the good dirt.

TV does not do the hills and off cambers justice.
Bomber was one of the crew manning the tractors yesterday.
mxpappy711
6/28/2015 4:05pm
Track was soaked Thur. night. Fr. practice was muddy as hell. I rode one slow lap (cause they said they made changes) and pulled off to save the equipment. They postponed 50 and 60 practices till later it was so bad. I was 10th moto and track was still wet but had at least one good "dry" line. Very few racers there tho only 13 motos, fast ,fun day of racing.
They did a great job with what mother nature dealt them. They will get my money again next year.
Justin345
6/28/2015 4:46pm
I was moto 4 on Friday. Practice and the first moto were sloppy but it was great by the 2nd motos. For Saturday, the track was in excellent condition for the first 3 motos all things considered. I don't know how the 450 guys ran the 2nd moto after that torrential storm that went through. I thought my RV was going to float away. All in all it was an excellent weekend!
Thelen20
6/28/2015 5:31pm Edited Date/Time 6/28/2015 5:32pm
level wrote:
That track is incredible. Even with the rain in the 2nd 250f moto I was like man that track looks great. Of course by the 450s...
That track is incredible. Even with the rain in the 2nd 250f moto I was like man that track looks great. Of course by the 450s it was a mud pit. We have seen some really crappy tracks this year and very choppy and not prepped well and Budds looked like a blast to ride and looked like the best track and dirt and prep I have seen. Was real impressed with how nice it was.
The crew did a great job fielding what mother nature threw at them this weekend. Was no small feat to keep that track passable all weekend I'm sure

I disagree about all the other tracks being crappy though. This was the first weekend I heard anybody complain about the course being one lined . . . I know that is to be expected given the soggy conditions. Just give the other tracks credit where credit is due. At the other tracks the main line got so rough that you had to go searching and that should be part of the challenge in mx imo

level
6/28/2015 6:32pm
I just liked how loamy the dirt was. It didn't get all chopped up and so rough. It reminds me of a local track here where they bring in so much sawdust but it makes for a good track with ruts still but not so choppy. Just smooth.
pbody
Fantasy
320th
6/28/2015 6:56pm
Couldn't believe the tractor discing the Turn 1 area right before Moto 1 (250f) took off. I told the wife, "watch this; guaranteed crash as soon as they hit the dirt that just got roughed up." Sure enough.
Jack mehoff
6/28/2015 9:59pm
level wrote:
That track is incredible. Even with the rain in the 2nd 250f moto I was like man that track looks great. Of course by the 450s...
That track is incredible. Even with the rain in the 2nd 250f moto I was like man that track looks great. Of course by the 450s it was a mud pit. We have seen some really crappy tracks this year and very choppy and not prepped well and Budds looked like a blast to ride and looked like the best track and dirt and prep I have seen. Was real impressed with how nice it was.
The reason being is the lay out the track is basically in a big valley with track going strait up and down , it all drains to the bottom and when that holding pond gives way it drains down to the old old start area , the way that is laid out , makes it fairly easy to fix , scrape the jumps and the back sides and clean up 6 turns that's where everything drains too, I sat under a ezup in that storm and it was raining so bad that it flooded the holding pond , in about 15 mins and the water running out off it had to be 4 ft deep and real swift water , a track worker on his quad dipped the front and his bars where under watter, and 20 mins latter the sun was out
6/29/2015 4:31am
level wrote:
I just liked how loamy the dirt was. It didn't get all chopped up and so rough. It reminds me of a local track here where...
I just liked how loamy the dirt was. It didn't get all chopped up and so rough. It reminds me of a local track here where they bring in so much sawdust but it makes for a good track with ruts still but not so choppy. Just smooth.
That pond that overflowed for the second 450 moto, is actually 25-30 feet deep. Once or twice a year Beasley gets an excavator and digs that out, piles it up, then distributes it on the track. That area actually has the consistency of Carlsbad, which makes it more incredible to me how fluffy it always is.

DC
6/29/2015 6:54am
pbody, we disked the first turn because it was as slick as ice on the sighting lap. When both Cianciarulo and then Savatgy went into it as they were announced both slid through the corner sideways. The crash happened because Plessinger (an excellent mud rider) and someone else tangled. Had we not disked the turn, half the pack might have slid all the way to the pond and crashed.

We did the best we could to salvage the track after raining all week long, and with 100% chance of rain on Saturday. We stopped the racing because of the severe weather warnings in the area (and it was severe). We let the track drain and went back and got the last moto in. It was a challenging weekend for everyone, but we got through it.

DC
MX Sports

WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
6/29/2015 7:03am
So, the really important question. Did MXerDW get to drop the gate?
newmann
6/29/2015 7:07am
Considering the weather I thought the track looked pretty damn good. Didn't see any rivers running through it!
DC
6/29/2015 7:18am
MXerDW did not end up dropping any gates, but he was a hero for helping that kid out, and so was the man who gave him a lift home. We'll try again at RedBud!

DC
MX Sports

Jack mehoff
6/29/2015 7:21am
newmann wrote:
Considering the weather I thought the track looked pretty damn good. Didn't see any rivers running through it!
It rained so hard they could started swift water rescues , we got about 2 inches off rain in 30 mins , you should off seen the mess trying to get out 4 wheel drives where sitting on there frames , getting dragged by tractors
pbody
Fantasy
320th
6/29/2015 7:24am
Thanks for the info DC. Glad to know there was some reasoning behind the decision.

I'm curious to know, were all the riders notified of the change in the track since their sighting lap? Most could probably see if sitting at the gate looking ahead, but that would just be an assumption (last minute run to bathroom, etc.).
Jack mehoff
6/29/2015 7:38am
DC wrote:
MXerDW did not end up dropping any gates, but he was a hero for helping that kid out, and so was the man who gave him...
MXerDW did not end up dropping any gates, but he was a hero for helping that kid out, and so was the man who gave him a lift home. We'll try again at RedBud!

DC
MX Sports

I gave him a lift home , really nice kid had a blast , went home with plenty off swag and everyone in the pits that he approached really rolled out the red carpet for him , I told him I will take him up to unadilla if I go
DC
6/29/2015 8:23am
Right on Jack, very cool of you, I thought Marek was a real nice kid too.,.

pbody, there were no track changes, just mud pushed off and the damage done by the rain. All 40 riders are offered a chance to take a sighting lap before every moto and before the last 450 moto they all declined.

But if you're talking about the first turn before the first 250 moto, I am sure they all saw it being tilled up since the card was going up when he finally finished (and it took so long because we wanted it to be disked all the way across the track, not just the inside and outside). Plessinger went down in a collision with another rider, which can happen off any starting line with full gates. He was my dark horse favorite too because I have seen him ride in the mud many, many times at Loretta Lynn's and around our area.

DC
MX Sports
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/29/2015 8:33am Edited Date/Time 6/29/2015 8:33am
This is Jeremy Martin skating through the first turn on his parade lap...and he'd had the benefit of watching a couple riders ahead of him drift through it. It was worth discing, for sure.

Seamorbutts
6/29/2015 8:40am
GuyB wrote:
This is Jeremy Martin skating through the first turn on his parade lap...and he'd had the benefit of watching a couple riders ahead of him drift...
This is Jeremy Martin skating through the first turn on his parade lap...and he'd had the benefit of watching a couple riders ahead of him drift through it. It was worth discing, for sure.

Boy he's shaped like Ricky. Short with thick legs.
jtiger12
6/29/2015 8:43am
Thanks for coming on here and setting it straight dc. You get waaaayy to much shit for the work you guys do and the hours you all put in. Keep growing the sport the best you can. We need to find a way to keep these guys healthy through murdercross.

Post a reply to: My thoughts on Budds Creek

The Latest