My take on JS7

bigborefan
Edited Date/Time 1/5/2014 3:23pm
I don't post here a lot. And in the past I have had a lot of fun at JS7's expense. Really more at his fans expense than James himself. GuyB even clicked me a time or two for my James comments.

But James is slowly winning me over. He's maturing, seems less cocky.

IMO, he wasn't riding wild last night.He didn't look out of control until that massive whoop incident. His passes looked clean to me as well.

It's a long season and I am glad someone will be able to take it to RV. Lord knows his ego is huge these days.
|
John250
1/5/2014 9:22am
Bubba is a train wreck. You watch him knowing he will implode these days. And 75% of the time it happens.
rebus
1/5/2014 9:25am
bigborefan wrote:
I don't post here a lot. And in the past I have had a lot of fun at JS7's expense. Really more at his fans expense...
I don't post here a lot. And in the past I have had a lot of fun at JS7's expense. Really more at his fans expense than James himself. GuyB even clicked me a time or two for my James comments.

IMO, he wasn't riding wild last night.He didn't look out of control until that massive whoop incident. His passes looked clean to me as well.

It's a long season and I am glad someone will be able to take it to RV. Lord knows his ego is huge these days.
Like all the riders out there last night, James gave it his all. Hope for more exciting racing next week. I would not be surprised to see James win a lot, but I would not discount RV, had he not crashed, it may have been a snoozer.
Regis
Fantasy
340th
1/5/2014 9:26am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2014 9:27am
Those whoops get gnarly. Cupped out, the moisture comes up and they are a lot harder than TV shows.

He made a small mistake and it cost him, Just like RV did. IS RV a train wreck? Bubba will win races. Glad he is still healthy, a healthy James will ALWAYS be a contender.
ATKpilot99
1/5/2014 9:30am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2014 9:32am
I was rooting for Stewart last night. In the past not so much but not because of anything he did, it was because of his fanboys. Now that they have pretty much been quieted it's easy to pull for him. Now it's the RV fanboys who are the most irritating and I enjoy seeing him lose. Edit: maybe enjoy is too strong a word. I have nothing against him and he's a great champion, I'd just rather see someone else win.

The Shop

PJ205
1/5/2014 9:32am
John250 wrote:
Bubba is a train wreck. You watch him knowing he will implode these days. And 75% of the time it happens.
Judging from your profile pic, his team should hire you as a riding/technique coach so these crashes will never happen again.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
1/5/2014 9:32am
John250 wrote:
PJ205 wrote:
Judging from your profile pic, his team should hire you as a riding/technique coach so these crashes will never happen again.
Laughing
gt80rider
1/5/2014 9:42am
I was hoping James would take the win last night, and I thought he was past his years of throwing it away hard... heck I was hoping 14 would be James year... I was bummed to see him crash out (again) last night.... now he's down a bunch of points, not an impossible amount, but starting the series a race down against the likes of RV and RD is a nearly impossible task... the more mature James isn't as dominantly fast, so he has to make up for it in smarts (and/or luck), and after last night, I really hope 14 doesn't turn out like previous years of him hitting the ground all the time...
Racer92
1/5/2014 9:44am
John250 wrote:
PJ205 wrote:
Laughing
gt80rider
1/5/2014 9:45am
John250 wrote:
PJ205 wrote:
and making fun of someone profile pic??? just a heads up, the internet isn't new and this isn't the 90's anymore... freak'n noobs....
mx836
1/5/2014 9:50am
gt80rider wrote:
I was hoping James would take the win last night, and I thought he was past his years of throwing it away hard... heck I was...
I was hoping James would take the win last night, and I thought he was past his years of throwing it away hard... heck I was hoping 14 would be James year... I was bummed to see him crash out (again) last night.... now he's down a bunch of points, not an impossible amount, but starting the series a race down against the likes of RV and RD is a nearly impossible task... the more mature James isn't as dominantly fast, so he has to make up for it in smarts (and/or luck), and after last night, I really hope 14 doesn't turn out like previous years of him hitting the ground all the time...
All he needs to do is keep it off the ground. He came from around 15th through the first turn and would have won easily (IMO) if he would have been a little more patient. The speed is there this year to come from behind. He hasn't gone through the pack like that in a while. If James can keep it together all year, I think RV will be the only guy he has to deal with.
PJ205
1/5/2014 9:55am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2014 9:57am
gt80rider wrote:
and making fun of someone profile pic??? just a heads up, the internet isn't new and this isn't the 90's anymore... freak'n noobs....
This post literally made 0 sense to me. Well done.

Also, you do know that I joined this site 2 months before you did right? I was visiting well before then. "Noob."
Insider347
1/5/2014 10:22am
gt80rider wrote:
PJ205 wrote:
This post literally made 0 sense to me. Well done. Also, you do know that I joined this site 2 months before you did right? I...
This post literally made 0 sense to me. Well done.

Also, you do know that I joined this site 2 months before you did right? I was visiting well before then. "Noob."
yeah, not sure what your post means but John250 made a newb post about James being a train wreck last night. Maybe in the past but last night he looked good from practice to the main but lost it in the woops going for the lead. Just a racing deal and the woops got pretty rough. If anything maybe just a little inpatient because he clearly had Roczen covered. Maybe John250 can give James a tip or two on the woops?
Bineano
1/5/2014 10:25am
I'm converting over to a JS7 fan too. A few years ago (or ANY Reed vs Bubba battle) no freakin way would I cheer for James.
When James passed Reedy last night, BOTH my Wife and I were "Go Stewart!'… we then kinda looked at each other like WTF did we just SAY? lol
What the hell, he is just become that much more likeable, or something, I dunno…
G o Stewart!
TerryK
1/5/2014 10:30am
PJ205 wrote:
Post of the day!
TerryK
1/5/2014 10:32am
Just for reference sake, you don't have to be new to be a noob.

That make sense?
Hut
1/5/2014 10:34am
John250 wrote:
PJ205 wrote:
Safety first
sharkey
1/5/2014 10:38am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2014 10:39am
TerryK wrote:
Just for reference sake, you don't have to be new to be a noob.

That make sense?
cool avatar.terry. they had a great turnout at lacys memorial, about 300 people. was 10 degrees out I heard. a lot of pros too. ryan Huffman, tommy weeck, mike horban and a ton of others
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
1/5/2014 10:39am
John250 wrote:
PJ205 wrote:
Hut wrote:
Safety first
I always put a leg out going down a straight-away.....
John250
1/5/2014 10:43am
HAHA.........yeah, I suppose when I posted that photo, it was not the best photo. But I am totally comfortable with my riding. Decent B vet rider, been there and done that with the LL thing back in the 90s. But, yeah you can crack on the photo, I am ok with it.

As for Bubba. No secret, I am not a fan of his. His MO is the same the last 3 years or so. He will crash out again, the guy pushes trying to catch people, and wrecks. He is a totally different rider when out front.....Oh wait, I saw him crash out in Daytona leading a couple years ago, maybe he is the same out front.
1/5/2014 10:55am
His crash last night actually really surprised me because he looked so damn solid right up until going down. Pretty much super smooth imo and seemed to make short work of everyone with relative ease. Didn't see any signs of problems until quite literally hitting the very one whoop that sent his rear end out. Over in a split second.

Of course it's his fault that he crashed but I have to say I think he was unfortunate with his bike getting mangled so bad (though on the other hand I guess he was fortunate in other ways with what he got injury wise). Obviously not being able to finish the race is where the damage is ultimately done - anything near a top 10 would lessen the points hole significantly.

Not traditionally a huge fan but he's somewhat of an underdog these days and I find myself wanting him to win more and more every year. You have to admire the shear bloody courageous tenacity of the guy to just keep picking himself up time and time again. I mean it's not like he has to be out there.
1/5/2014 11:01am
John250 wrote:
HAHA.........yeah, I suppose when I posted that photo, it was not the best photo. But I am totally comfortable with my riding. Decent B vet rider...
HAHA.........yeah, I suppose when I posted that photo, it was not the best photo. But I am totally comfortable with my riding. Decent B vet rider, been there and done that with the LL thing back in the 90s. But, yeah you can crack on the photo, I am ok with it.

As for Bubba. No secret, I am not a fan of his. His MO is the same the last 3 years or so. He will crash out again, the guy pushes trying to catch people, and wrecks. He is a totally different rider when out front.....Oh wait, I saw him crash out in Daytona leading a couple years ago, maybe he is the same out front.
Been there done that eh? ok ace, how many ama titles do you have?
I doubt you are 'decent' at anything, except maybe being an a-hole - that you are very good at.
Sully22
1/5/2014 11:08am
bigborefan wrote:
I don't post here a lot. And in the past I have had a lot of fun at JS7's expense. Really more at his fans expense...

This is me as well...including the deleted posts for "bad???" things I said about James....not sure what I said that was too bad but oh well, I like the guy...He seems humbled and matured for sure. I was screaming and yelling for him last night and my wife was like, what?! How is it you're cheering for James? JS7 will win a few this year and will be in it at the end of te season. Great ride by roczen, reed, and dungey
bmxcurator
1/5/2014 11:19am
John250 wrote:
HAHA.........yeah, I suppose when I posted that photo, it was not the best photo. But I am totally comfortable with my riding. Decent B vet rider...

It is also no secret that overweight, 'never-was' riders certainly enjoy the typical dogpile here on Vital. I bet you were hoping your post would ignite the typical rider trashing thread. Its so easy to point out James' shortcomings from the comfort of your Lazyboy recliner. Try not to throw your back out getting out of that thing fatass.
86honda
1/5/2014 11:30am
Im a converted Stewie fan. But really second would have been good enough. Lay up and take par Bro.
JT408
1/5/2014 11:42am
It wasn't js7 that made a mistake. Anyone could of been kicked off like he did he just gets the bad luck.
John250
1/5/2014 11:42am
You guys on Vital crack me up. No one is allowed to have an opinion of anyone. And rather than arguing a point, you always turn it on the guy that post something.
TeamGreen
1/5/2014 11:53am
James Stewart is still the "Next-Level" bench-mark in modern Supercross. Sure, he shares that with RV, but...

He still puts down THE Lap...if you want to be Ubber-Specific...you could say..."some of The Laps". However, here's the Bigger-Point:

Since he was pinning the Smoking 259 & introducing us to "The Bubba-Scrub" he's been in The Mix and at The Front. Every pro-racer that's been on the track with James these last THIRTEEN YEARS has had to contend with being on the track with "James Stewart". That guy. THE guy. Notably: even on his Bad-Days...he's been IN THE Running. On his Good Days? He's the guy EVERYONE has to beat. Just like Last-Night.

Now, you want to argue about how James is the guy that Always takes-out James? So be it.

Here's the thing: THIRTEEN YEARS. That's RC thru Chad and onto RV. They've ALL had to contend with JAMES.

I'm jus' sayin'...
jleews6
1/5/2014 1:10pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2014 1:15pm
John250 wrote:
You guys on Vital crack me up. No one is allowed to have an opinion of anyone. And rather than arguing a point, you always turn...
You guys on Vital crack me up. No one is allowed to have an opinion of anyone. And rather than arguing a point, you always turn it on the guy that post something.
Its not so much of a problem of people giving their opinion. Its when guys that have done nothing on a dirtbike (like myself) come on here and start saying shit like you did. Calling James a train wreck is kind of funny because last time I checked he was one of the best riders to throw a leg over a dirtbike.

He has won SX titles, MX titles ,mx the nations twice and had his own TV show and is worth about 40 MILLION dollars. Could someone let me know where to sign up to be a train wreck? I want to be the first in line.Woohoo
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
1/5/2014 1:22pm
John250 wrote:
You're a rare example here of someone who's a dolt, but doesn't post a lot after signing up. Thanks for that, especially for getting your yearly average number of dummy posts out of the way so early in 2014.

Post a reply to: My take on JS7

The Latest