My son's new suzuki

hvaughn88
Edited Date/Time 2/19/2014 6:28pm
So my dad shows up to work this morning with a couple of striders for my son. He got him a Suzuki and a Yamaha. Not a bad day! He's 9 months old so he still has some growing to do before his feet can touch the ground but he is absolutely loving it so far.

|
TRON
2/19/2014 8:33am
Way cool.

Our local harescramble series has stryder races.
davistld01
2/19/2014 8:34am
Haha! How awesome is THAT? You have a good looking boy there, hvaughn88.
hvaughn88
2/19/2014 8:35am
TRON wrote:
Way cool.

Our local harescramble series has stryder races.
That's pretty damn cool about the strider races, I need to check around here and see if anything like that is going on.
hvaughn88
2/19/2014 8:35am
davistld01 wrote:
Haha! How awesome is THAT? You have a good looking boy there, hvaughn88.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. He has his mom to thank for his looks, haha. I definitely outpunted my coverage when it comes to her.

The Shop

dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
2/19/2014 9:10am Edited Date/Time 2/19/2014 9:10am
that is cool...i see they have a KTM also.
TooOldToPlay
2/19/2014 9:21am
Very cool! Congrats!

I bought this for my son when he was born (He's 26 now!)...My daughter (now 12) rode the hell out of it when she was young, and I still have it...keeping it for the grand kids someday!!.

hvaughn88
2/19/2014 9:27am
Very cool! Congrats! I bought this for my son when he was born (He's 26 now!)...My daughter (now 12) rode the hell out of it when...
Very cool! Congrats!

I bought this for my son when he was born (He's 26 now!)...My daughter (now 12) rode the hell out of it when she was young, and I still have it...keeping it for the grand kids someday!!.

oh wow, that thing is very cool! Where did you buy that? Your son and I are the same age and I have never seen one of those before. That's one of the coolest toys I have ever seen.
2/19/2014 9:37am
You guys are so lucky to have kids into bikes and riding. My 10 and 14 year old sons never would get into it. I had to beg for years to get a bike when I was young, but I offered to buy each of my kids bikes and they were all "nah, I'd rather have a computer instead" or whatever. Sucks. Man, the freedom if being 12 and trail riding all day! They'll never experience it!
JeepnMike
2/19/2014 9:46am
Fun seeing the little guys excited like that! Let the bruises begin Smile I wish I had tried the stride bikes like this with my kids.. As I understand it, they progress a lot faster than kids that went the training wheel route.

Now if you really want to see your son smile even bigger, just paint it green! Tongue
hvaughn88
2/19/2014 9:47am
You guys are so lucky to have kids into bikes and riding. My 10 and 14 year old sons never would get into it. I had...
You guys are so lucky to have kids into bikes and riding. My 10 and 14 year old sons never would get into it. I had to beg for years to get a bike when I was young, but I offered to buy each of my kids bikes and they were all "nah, I'd rather have a computer instead" or whatever. Sucks. Man, the freedom if being 12 and trail riding all day! They'll never experience it!
To be honest, you might consider yourself lucky. Can't break a femur (etc.) playing on the computer. Here's another picture of my older son last year. I think he likes the motocross gear more than he actually likes riding, haha. He will watch it if it's on but he doesn't just beg to go ride or anything. He's been wanting to ride bmx at the moment, so that may be the route he goes.

wydopen
2/19/2014 9:48am
Nice!

My boys is 2 and he shreds on his...airs off stairs and bombs some big hills..its amazing how fast they pick it up...

the other day he wanted to jump a 5set of stairs after watching me do it...when I told him no he cried..pretty funny
hvaughn88
2/19/2014 9:50am
wydopen wrote:
Nice! My boys is 2 and he shreds on his...airs off stairs and bombs some big hills..its amazing how fast they pick it up... the other...
Nice!

My boys is 2 and he shreds on his...airs off stairs and bombs some big hills..its amazing how fast they pick it up...

the other day he wanted to jump a 5set of stairs after watching me do it...when I told him no he cried..pretty funny
Very cool! Sounds like your son is a little ripper! You have me pretty excited for when he gets older.
TooOldToPlay
2/19/2014 10:11am
Very cool! Congrats! I bought this for my son when he was born (He's 26 now!)...My daughter (now 12) rode the hell out of it when...
Very cool! Congrats!

hvaughn88 wrote:
oh wow, that thing is very cool! Where did you buy that? Your son and I are the same age and I have never seen one...
oh wow, that thing is very cool! Where did you buy that? Your son and I are the same age and I have never seen one of those before. That's one of the coolest toys I have ever seen.
My folks owned a Yamaha dealership, and Yamaha had a special promotion for their dealers.....buy "x" number of yz's, and you could get one of these in addition to some discount on floor planning..I think they had 250 of these things. Have not seen another one other than mine. Kids have loved it, and I was happy to get them into "riding".
2/19/2014 10:47am Edited Date/Time 2/19/2014 10:48am
I bought my then 8 year old son an lt80 four wheeler and he loved riding it. He is the most naturally gifted atv rider I've seen. He instinctively knew how to lean, steer with the rear wheel, etc even though he'd never ridden one. After that I bought him an almost new xr80- and he lost interest rather than learn to use a clutch. Still have the atv, but no bike for him. I know broken bones are a big worry, but I grieve that my kids will never know the joy if riding and maintaining a bike. It makes me sad Sad Ah, I still ride, so it's all good I guess.
jeffro503
2/19/2014 10:56am Edited Date/Time 2/19/2014 10:56am
This thread delivers! Awesome pics guys! Love seeing these yougin's on bikes like that. Makes me so dang jealous! haha! Enjoy each minute is all I can say!
MarkF
2/19/2014 10:59am
I bought my son his first PW50 23 years ago. He had his AMA Pro license at 18 years old, but chose to go to college instead of pursuing racing for a living (whew). He has a great career, and still goes real fast.
hvaughn88
2/19/2014 11:02am
MarkF wrote:
I bought my son his first PW50 23 years ago. He had his AMA Pro license at 18 years old, but chose to go to college...
I bought my son his first PW50 23 years ago. He had his AMA Pro license at 18 years old, but chose to go to college instead of pursuing racing for a living (whew). He has a great career, and still goes real fast.
Sounds like a pretty good route to me
Rizzo
2/19/2014 11:57am
hvaughn88 wrote:
So my dad shows up to work this morning with a couple of striders for my son. He got him a Suzuki and a Yamaha. Not...
So my dad shows up to work this morning with a couple of striders for my son. He got him a Suzuki and a Yamaha. Not a bad day! He's 9 months old so he still has some growing to do before his feet can touch the ground but he is absolutely loving it so far.

You're prob a lil early, but check your local BMX track as most have 2 strider classes broken up by age groups 2-3 and 3-4 type of thing. They dont do the gate drops and hit the big downhil start, they usually do 1/3rd of the track closest to the finish line and all the kids get a medal or trophy.......the lil rippers love it. As for that tounge sticking out the side of his mouth like that, perhaps some B-ball is in his future cuz MJ 23 was famous for his dunks with his tounge doing the same thing and he turned out to be a bit of a celeb.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/19/2014 12:00pm
Where were Striders when I was a kid? All we had were Big Wheels.
The Rock
2/19/2014 12:04pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
So my dad shows up to work this morning with a couple of striders for my son. He got him a Suzuki and a Yamaha. Not...

Love that shot! Thanks for sharing.

A buddy of ours back in the 70s Paul Duncan was notorious for racing with his tongue like that and just about every picture showed it too. He said he wasn't even aware of it just concentrating.
The Rock
2/19/2014 12:14pm
GuyB wrote:
Big Wheels came out in the 70s as I remember. Man they sold a gazillion of those.

My first experience with wheels was piloting a modified baby stoller down the hill and turning into left into our gravel driveway trying hard to spin out. My dad and a neighborhood teenager took a stroller and as they tied a rope to the front wheels so I could steer. I actually don't remember the seating position but I do know the days I got my dad or Pete to help me get up the hill for my launch were good day for a four year old.
Tracktor
2/19/2014 12:22pm
GuyB wrote:
Ha! I recently custom made a couple of big wheels out of old BMX bikes and my boys (8 &12) promptly tied a rope to the back of a CRF50 and hit the MX track.

Great pics I will have to track down some of my two boys. We have a ton of fun riding together but will never "chase the dream"................
Big Lenny
2/19/2014 12:23pm
I bought my then 8 year old son an lt80 four wheeler and he loved riding it. He is the most naturally gifted atv rider I've...
I bought my then 8 year old son an lt80 four wheeler and he loved riding it. He is the most naturally gifted atv rider I've seen. He instinctively knew how to lean, steer with the rear wheel, etc even though he'd never ridden one. After that I bought him an almost new xr80- and he lost interest rather than learn to use a clutch. Still have the atv, but no bike for him. I know broken bones are a big worry, but I grieve that my kids will never know the joy if riding and maintaining a bike. It makes me sad Sad Ah, I still ride, so it's all good I guess.
Took my grandson to ElMirage for his first ride then to Milestone for his 2nd, he wasn't on that PeeWee track 30 mins before he wanted to go on that quad track, I noticed he had a stand up style so I was good with it, after a few track pointers and safety tips he got out and did it..It's was like he'd been riding for years...
Big Lenny
2/19/2014 12:26pm
Rizzo wrote:
You're prob a lil early, but check your local BMX track as most have 2 strider classes broken up by age groups 2-3 and 3-4 type...
You're prob a lil early, but check your local BMX track as most have 2 strider classes broken up by age groups 2-3 and 3-4 type of thing. They dont do the gate drops and hit the big downhil start, they usually do 1/3rd of the track closest to the finish line and all the kids get a medal or trophy.......the lil rippers love it. As for that tounge sticking out the side of his mouth like that, perhaps some B-ball is in his future cuz MJ 23 was famous for his dunks with his tounge doing the same thing and he turned out to be a bit of a celeb.
First thing I thought about with the tongue..MJ...Silly
hvaughn88
2/19/2014 12:27pm
GuyB wrote:
Tracktor wrote:
Ha! I recently custom made a couple of big wheels out of old BMX bikes and my boys (8 &12) promptly tied a rope to the...
Ha! I recently custom made a couple of big wheels out of old BMX bikes and my boys (8 &12) promptly tied a rope to the back of a CRF50 and hit the MX track.

Great pics I will have to track down some of my two boys. We have a ton of fun riding together but will never "chase the dream"................
That's hilarious! Boys will be boys! I bet they are gonna have a ton of good stories to tell their kids one day.
hvaughn88
2/19/2014 12:29pm
GuyB wrote:
Gibby, I didn't know wheels had been invented yet when you were a kid?TongueTongue

Post a reply to: My son's new suzuki

The Latest