My favorite pics of two time World Motocross Champ Chad "Trampas" Parker

tblazier
Edited Date/Time 7/20/2013 7:49am

Trampas Parker (25) by teyblyy, on Flickr

I remember when when Parker won the world title in 1989 I had never even heard of the guy. It was really out of nowhere.
|

The Shop

DC
12/9/2011 9:34am
Cool, I made the cut! The photo of him wearing #91 is a photo I shot at the '89 125cc Grand Prix in Kilinchy, Northern Ireland. I was over there with Trampas and Bob Moore and Mike Healey, doing a story for Dirt Rider. At the time the series was packed with Americans -- Ricky Ryan and A.J. Whiting were riding there too, and I think maybe even Bader Manneh.

Parker's story is incredible. He's like American Motocross' "Cinderella Man" in the way he came seemingly out of nowhere to become our first 125cc world champ.

DC
MX Sports
wpark89
12/9/2011 10:31am
Few old Italian MX magazines I have..

DanDunes818
12/9/2011 10:36am
DC wrote:
Cool, I made the cut! The photo of him wearing #91 is a photo I shot at the '89 125cc Grand Prix in Kilinchy, Northern Ireland...
Cool, I made the cut! The photo of him wearing #91 is a photo I shot at the '89 125cc Grand Prix in Kilinchy, Northern Ireland. I was over there with Trampas and Bob Moore and Mike Healey, doing a story for Dirt Rider. At the time the series was packed with Americans -- Ricky Ryan and A.J. Whiting were riding there too, and I think maybe even Bader Manneh.

Parker's story is incredible. He's like American Motocross' "Cinderella Man" in the way he came seemingly out of nowhere to become our first 125cc world champ.

DC
MX Sports
So true about the "Cinderella Man" statement DC.. I really thought Alessandro Puzar or Healy had 89 in the bag and out of left field comes this kid from Louisiana to kill them both. I was a big Mike Healy fan back then and Trampas seemed to be the only thing that stood between Healy and a World Championship. I believe Healy finished 3rd to Parker in the 89 125cc World Championship and then finished second to Parker in the 1991 250cc World Championship as well.

Trampas is probably one of the most over looked American Motocross legends. When you hear all the tales of American World Champs you mostly hear the names Lackey, LaPorte,Schmit and Moore, but Trampas accomplished as much or more than all of them. Not only was Parker the first 125cc American World Champ, but he was also the first American to win two World Championships when he won the 250cc World Championship in 1991. He also came one spot away from winning a 500cc world championship in 1995. Joel Smets won that title on a 2000cc Whistling Husaberg though.. Trampas was a true American Motocross badass.. Woohoo
tblazier
12/9/2011 11:25am
DC wrote:
Cool, I made the cut! The photo of him wearing #91 is a photo I shot at the '89 125cc Grand Prix in Kilinchy, Northern Ireland...

DC
MX Sports
DC question for you. I have always wondered why so many of the GP racers seem to have different numbers even within the same year. You see Parker with 91,108,70, 58 in photos. I have always wondered why that was. Different non "Grand Prix" races maybe? Any idea?

Post a reply to: My favorite pics of two time World Motocross Champ Chad "Trampas" Parker

The Latest