My Seattle experience

C_Hart3
Edited Date/Time 4/11/2017 12:58pm
Sorry this is a bit long.

So I won tickets to this race with all day pit passes. I was stoked to get to see the guys before the race and before all the crowds showed up. However I missed my flight in the morning so I had to take the next flight which got me into Seattle at 12:30. Definitely bummed about that.

Once I got there I went straight to the pits. It was swamped in there. Hard to move, hard to stop and look at the bikes, the mechanics weren't out there working on bikes, nothing to work on since there hadn't been any riding. First guy I came across was Justin Brayton. He was just sitting on his bike in street clothes chatting with a few people. It was interesting to just listen to them talking about local tracks and riding. I made a book of some of the pictures I took in Indianapolis for the guys to sign. Justin noticed me standing there and asked me if I wanted him to sign something. He was super nice.

Then I decided to go check out the priveteers thinking it might be less busy. I was wrong. But I did encounter the 7dueceduece. Had him sign my picture book, he said it was "dope" that I took the pictures myself. I was also able to get my picture with him. Then the girl after me challenged him to a rap battle, he said he didnt battle. It was pretty funny.

I decided I would just try to hit the autograph lines since it was so packed that was about the only way to get close enough to see anything. I hit Justin Bogle and Broc Tickle first. Then tried for the Kawi boys but that line was outrageous and I heard they were only taking the first 95 or something. So then I found Cooper and Chad. Had a nice little convo with Cooper just basic chit chat and got my picture with him.

Then with Chad he seemed a bit quiet, maybe down or bored I couldn't tell. I told him he was doing a great job and he thanked me. He seemed noce enough just distracted. Cant really blame him with everything going on.

I then attempted the line for RD and Marvin, but they quickly cut it off. So I decided to go to the track, I couldn't handle the crowd anymore. It was so packes and cramped in there, I noticed that they normally have Eli's MEC trophy and bike on display. The trophy was there, but the bike wasn't. Also.didnt see a lot of the normal vendors there, didn't notice the clothing companies like Thor and Alpine Stars that are normally there. Maybe I just missed them.

It was weird to only have the one qualifying round, lots of downtime. Then when opening ceremonies started Dean Wilson was announced and there was no entrance. Everyone was confused. Then the second rider was announced and someone finally noticed they were walking through the stands. They didn't really do a good job of showing it on the jumbotron. It was hard to figure out where they were. It was just weird. I assume they did it to keep bikes off the track as much as possible.

The race was great, the crowd was great, it was loud and electric. People were jumping out of their seats cheering. It was just a cool environment to be in. I got so wrapped up in the race that I stopped taking pictures and I forgot I was supposed to rush to the pits at the end of the race.

After the race I hurried to the pits. I didn't realize how many people were gonna be there. I first saw Deano he was sitting there talking with his mechanic and his girlfriend, he looked frustrated. I didn't want to bother him. I stood around for a bit then Dean got up and signed some goggled and went into the trailer. Behind me Dungey was sitting there talking to his team surrounded by people. He wasn't interacting with any of them.

I decided to keep going and ran into Davi, he was chatting with some people. He gave them his goggles, then some kids ran up and asked for his gloves, the guy he was talking to told the kid to start up a conversation before asking for things. It was funny. He gave two kids a glove each and other kids groaned, he told them to wait he had more gloves, handed them out almost gave one to me but another kid came up, how can I compete with a kid? I did get him to sign my picture book though.

Then I went to hang out by Eli's trailer, wait for him to come back because he was the most important to me. There were quite a few people waiting around. There were some kids who had their mom stand there and wait while they ran around collecting plastics from other riders. I wish I was cutthroat like that haha. When Eli showed up I cheered because he deserved that, getting the red plate and all. He looked at me and smiled. Then everyone swarmed. I just waited patiently, I was in no hurry. I had him sign my book and asked for a picture. I just kind of hung around after that. Someone asked for his jersey he said he couldn't.

I walked back toward the front and ran into Jason Anderson, had him sign my book tried throwing papers at him, he laughed it off and was super nice about it. Then ran into RD and Marv. They were talking and a girl finally went up to Ryan to ask him to sign her shirt, he did and Marv did and then Ryan looked at me and said no more. I was super bummed but then someone else walked up to him and he signed for them and then looked at me again and kind nodded so I walked up to him and he signed my book, I told him he had a great race and he thanked me. Super polite, I think he was,jist ready to get out of there. Then I got Marv to sign and he complimented my pictures which was super cool.

The very last person I ran into was Aaron Plessinger, I just asked him for a picture. He was super nice. I congratulated him in his win and he thanked me.

So overall it was a very successful fun day. Listening to the guys talking and having small interactions with them was really cool. I wish I could talk a little bit more knowledgeable about bikes and tracks with them. I'll get there.
|
rrjr
4/10/2017 10:37pm
Very cool. Great story!
ledger
4/10/2017 10:51pm
Good on you, no doubt you had a good time, the pics are great, and you got to meet the best in the world. NO MORE OVER SLEEPING !! Lol. I'm happy for you.
ledger
4/10/2017 10:59pm
Question, which one would you go out with ? Ha. Smile
endoh935
4/11/2017 12:44am
way to go c_hart...looked like a cool experience.

The Shop

Badd127
Fantasy
2111th
4/11/2017 2:10am
Sounds like you had a great day. Even after the bad start, missing your flight.
kkawboy14
4/11/2017 2:17am
So Dungey looked at your ET3 shirt and at first said no to signing?
tobz
4/11/2017 3:51am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2017 3:51am
Cool thread, sounds like fun!
C_Hart3
4/11/2017 7:25am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Lol maybe, I guess I forgot I was wearing that. But in reality I doubt it, he was probably just tired and ready to get out of there. He is a nice guy. Though it was funny because earlier someone walked by while I was waiting for Eli and yelled "Ryan Dungey is an asshole" so when he first said no I thought, hmm maybe there is truth to that statement. I'm glad I got to meet him, even if it were only briefly.
C_Hart3
4/11/2017 7:27am
ledger wrote:
Think that should be pretty obvious. Eli of course. Actually there are probably a few I wouldn't mind.
Starcrossed
4/11/2017 7:33am
Dude, like avoid that seven deuce deuce like the plague, yo.
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
4/11/2017 7:33am
very cool ...except for that very happy lookin kid in the glasses that photobombed your reed selfie....
4/11/2017 7:43am
ledger wrote:
C_Hart3 wrote:
Think that should be pretty obvious. Eli of course. Actually there are probably a few I wouldn't mind.
You better stay away from AC BlinkWoohoo
C_Hart3
4/11/2017 8:11am
dsmith wrote:
very cool ...except for that very happy lookin kid in the glasses that photobombed your reed selfie....
Lol right! I don't think he is at Reed fan!
C_Hart3
4/11/2017 8:13am
ledger wrote:
C_Hart3 wrote:
You better stay away from AC BlinkWoohoo
Hey you always say you wouldn't date him! Besides he's too young. I would definitely hang out with him though, he's funny.
bvm111
4/11/2017 9:00am
Funny i had the exact same experience at MEC with Cooper and Reed! Cooper was super cool and polite and talked a bit with my son and fist bumped him, i told him he did a good job at Des Nations and he seemed to genuinly be surprised and thanked me, really nice guy and i became a fan that day.

I have noticed Reed at Hangtown, Phoenix, and MEC be a little more reserved, serious, I hate to say removed or bothered. I think he is just more serious at the races and lets face it they are at their work so i give him the benefit of the doubt. When my son saw him and shouted his named.... Look Dada its Chaden Reeden (he was 2.5) chad did give us a smile and said, hi bud to my son, which was cool!

Sounds like you had a blast and great photos and write up!

kkawboy14
4/11/2017 9:46am
kkawboy14 wrote:
C_Hart3 wrote:
Lol maybe, I guess I forgot I was wearing that. But in reality I doubt it, he was probably just tired and ready to get out...
Lol maybe, I guess I forgot I was wearing that. But in reality I doubt it, he was probably just tired and ready to get out of there. He is a nice guy. Though it was funny because earlier someone walked by while I was waiting for Eli and yelled "Ryan Dungey is an asshole" so when he first said no I thought, hmm maybe there is truth to that statement. I'm glad I got to meet him, even if it were only briefly.
Well you seem like a cool patient girl, good stories!
4/11/2017 10:35am
Thank you for sharing, I enjoyed hearing about your experience at the SX. Glad you had fun. Go ET3!
JW381
4/11/2017 10:42am
Definitely a great race. You're right about the crowd, electric!
C_Hart3
4/11/2017 11:23am
kkawboy14 wrote:
C_Hart3 wrote:
Lol maybe, I guess I forgot I was wearing that. But in reality I doubt it, he was probably just tired and ready to get out...
kkawboy14 wrote:
Well you seem like a cool patient girl, good stories!
Maybe too patient! Hard to get anything from people like that. But I want to be respectful to them. They are just normal people too.
huck
4/11/2017 12:05pm
C_Hart3 wrote:
Dungey is definitely not an asshole or rude. I'm sure he was worn out from the night...and keep in mind, that he has $1,000,000 championship bonus slipping through his fingers. That has to be weighing on him.

BTW, awesome write up!
C_Hart3
4/11/2017 12:58pm
C_Hart3 wrote:
huck wrote:
Dungey is definitely not an asshole or rude. I'm sure he was worn out from the night...and keep in mind, that he has $1,000,000 championship bonus...
Dungey is definitely not an asshole or rude. I'm sure he was worn out from the night...and keep in mind, that he has $1,000,000 championship bonus slipping through his fingers. That has to be weighing on him.

BTW, awesome write up!
Oh I in way thought he was an asshole. He was actually very nice. When he first told me no more I was a little disheartened but I understood. He was trying to leave, it had been a long hard day, he fought like hell in that race and he lost the point lead. I have so much respect for him, even though Eli is my favorite and I want to see him win this championship.
jeffro503
4/11/2017 7:41pm
Sounds like you had a blast Mrs Hart. I really wish I would have gone this year...I screwed up. Thanks for the awesome write up and pics!

Post a reply to: My Seattle experience

The Latest