My Favorite pictures of Rick Johnson

12/16/2012 5:34am
Tony's done a great job of collecting all these photos and posting them for everyone to enjoy but most of them are Fran Kuhn photos and he really deserves a ton of credit for capturing these and many others in the "My Favorite pictures of..." threads
tblazier
12/26/2012 4:47pm
Tony's done a great job of collecting all these photos and posting them for everyone to enjoy but most of them are Fran Kuhn photos and...
Tony's done a great job of collecting all these photos and posting them for everyone to enjoy but most of them are Fran Kuhn photos and he really deserves a ton of credit for capturing these and many others in the "My Favorite pictures of..." threads
Paul I certainly mean no disrespect to you or Fran with these threads. I was just trying to share some classic stuff with fellow moto fans.
12/26/2012 5:07pm
Tony's done a great job of collecting all these photos and posting them for everyone to enjoy but most of them are Fran Kuhn photos and...
Exactly what difference would it make? The photographer was already paid/credited for these photos 30 years ago. You think ptting their name in the thread title on Vital 30 years later will make a difference? If photography is such a thankless prefession, perhaps you chose the wrong profession.

Pretty shitty of you to try and call him out like that, Buckley. You take great photos, you get paid for those photos. If this doesn't satisfy you, then maybe you are in the wrong profession. But playing "photo police" on internet forums just shows your angst for your own job, to me.

Keep doing your think, Tony, please. You're pretty much the man.
12/26/2012 5:15pm
Ya know, I thought I was giving props to both Tony and Fran "Tony's done a great job" sure doesn't sound like calling him out to me and where did I say photography was a thankless profession?

The Shop

mxnick
12/26/2012 9:04pm
125 wrote:
Exactly what difference would it make? The photographer was already paid/credited for these photos 30 years ago. You think ptting their name in the thread title...
Exactly what difference would it make? The photographer was already paid/credited for these photos 30 years ago. You think ptting their name in the thread title on Vital 30 years later will make a difference? If photography is such a thankless prefession, perhaps you chose the wrong profession.

Pretty shitty of you to try and call him out like that, Buckley. You take great photos, you get paid for those photos. If this doesn't satisfy you, then maybe you are in the wrong profession. But playing "photo police" on internet forums just shows your angst for your own job, to me.

Keep doing your think, Tony, please. You're pretty much the man.
125, you need to chill out a little bit - nowhere in Paul's thread did I read anything negative...I think he was just making the point that the majority of the photos were shot by one guy, and it would be good to note that, and since none of those photos from back in the day gave photo credits. As I was browsing them I was also wondering who shot what, and thanks to Paul for noting that...
tblazier
12/27/2012 6:16am
Ya know, I thought I was giving props to both Tony and Fran "Tony's done a great job" sure doesn't sound like calling him out to...
Ya know, I thought I was giving props to both Tony and Fran "Tony's done a great job" sure doesn't sound like calling him out to me and where did I say photography was a thankless profession?
Whoa, I was not trying to make a stink or anything.

I was not sure if you were saying I should have credited Fran or not. and I just wanted to be clear that I meant no disrespect to anyone. In either case i certainly took no offense. Thanks for the props BTW. I have always loved your pics and have a big poster of Bradshaw from '89 I got from you in my den.
ATKpilot99
12/27/2012 6:22am Edited Date/Time 12/27/2012 6:23am
Ya know, I thought I was giving props to both Tony and Fran "Tony's done a great job" sure doesn't sound like calling him out to...
tblazier wrote:
Whoa, I was not trying to make a stink or anything. I was not sure if you were saying I should have credited Fran or not...
Whoa, I was not trying to make a stink or anything.

I was not sure if you were saying I should have credited Fran or not. and I just wanted to be clear that I meant no disrespect to anyone. In either case i certainly took no offense. Thanks for the props BTW. I have always loved your pics and have a big poster of Bradshaw from '89 I got from you in my den.
I think he was responding to 125s post. Keep these coming, great stuff.
12/27/2012 6:35am
It would have been easier in Tony's garage. We'd be hanging out, admiring all these magazine photos that he had stapled to his walls and I'd say something like "Cool photo collection Tony, I think most of these were shot by Fran Kuhn." and the somebody might say "Oh yeah, he took awesome photos and I loved his magazine, Inside Motocross." Then we'd ask Tony if there were more beers in the fridge.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
7/10/2013 7:15am
Wow, Excellent stuff as always!
bd
7/13/2013 7:39pm
machine wrote:
Tblazier, do you have the one at palm avenue when he is jumping off a cliff and what looked like 100 ft straight down? That picture...
Tblazier, do you have the one at palm avenue when he is jumping off a cliff and what looked like 100 ft straight down?

That picture always amazed me, I think it was an MXA pic.
machine wrote:
Never mind, I found it in video form. I guess 100ft was a stretch due to my bad memory, but still impressive none the less. [embed]...
Never mind, I found it in video form. I guess 100ft was a stretch due to my bad memory, but still impressive none the less.

Rick Johnson 1989 MX Secret Honda Test Session: http://youtu.be/mE3qMnfa-Pk
TX24
8/7/2013 7:46pm
A great collection of photos. Sadly, i was at the Daytona Supercross when RJ announced his retirement. We were all very surprised.
tblazier
8/16/2013 5:04pm

RJ at Gainesville in 89 right before having his wrist broken

Post a reply to: My Favorite pictures of Rick Johnson

The Latest