Mxgp tracks

After seeing todays track and last years track choices it seems that the youthstream circus just keeps on turning. Some of These tracks are a disgrace to motocross just some fresh dirt thrown around in a paddock without proper planning no drainage etc (and not just todays track) its about time the teams and riders etc took a stand and ended all this crap. Im a massive fan of mxgp but its becoming a joke now
|
3/5/2017 5:56am
Argentina is first class. Looking forward to it. The first two do leave alot to be desired.
PastranaWho
3/5/2017 6:00am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2017 6:03am
Pretty much have to just accept the first 2 tracks are going to be shit and look forward to argentina and the rest. It is what it is and luongo is running the show. Rainy season in indonesia ,it rains everyday for 6 months i guess you can expect a mudder every year .
flymoto
3/5/2017 6:06am
As much as it was terrible today it's always going to happen. Luongo wants to expand, and sees going to new locations a way forward to make it a full world championship. Look at how Argentina turned out the last few years, and we all thought that could of been another Qatar. As much as I don't agree with some of his strategies and think a change is required, he's not doing a horrendous job.
3/5/2017 6:16am
I enjoy a good mud race now and then, I know Indonesia was a bit much but hey it happens. The two times I've been to Matterly Basin it's been brilliant! Great track and great racing. I'd like to watch more rounds but I don't think there's any way to watch an odd round without paying for the season.

The Shop

Sideways
3/5/2017 6:19am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2017 6:20am
After seeing todays track and last years track choices it seems that the youthstream circus just keeps on turning. Some of These tracks are a disgrace...
After seeing todays track and last years track choices it seems that the youthstream circus just keeps on turning. Some of These tracks are a disgrace to motocross just some fresh dirt thrown around in a paddock without proper planning no drainage etc (and not just todays track) its about time the teams and riders etc took a stand and ended all this crap. Im a massive fan of mxgp but its becoming a joke now
Its been the same for years now. The first two tracks are crap. The next race is argentina which is an awesome track, and the rest of the season are good tracks! I would like to see other tracks than qatar and thailand/indonesia for sure but the remaining season are good tracks that gets good racing. Seems like you are overreacting a bit...
Chugger
3/5/2017 6:41am
No worries bruh, the U.S nationals start soon so you'll be able to watch the real thing not the squid version.
3/5/2017 7:03am
Why would the manufacturers not be happy about racing in these places? You think the market for MX in Europe and USA is still expanding? Sure the tracks suck but there aren't to many Hawkstone Parks or Nemurs in Asia or the Middle East
3/5/2017 7:43am
It's a shame that with the rain season in Indonesia makes it a gamble to have a race there because the track looked pretty nice had it been dry, and the organizers sure worked their asses off and the turnout was huge, the complete opposite of Qatar wich is all about money and entertainment for a few sheikhs. I still think that these two races that are at Qatar/Thailand or Indonesia or where ever should be moved to Australia and New Zealand. The local talent in those places would also make the racing better compared to the talent that doesn't exist at all in Qatar and is almost dangerously bad in Indonesia/Thailand.
Motofinne
3/5/2017 7:46am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2017 7:48am
Tune in for round 3.

The track in Argentina is world class, maybe my favorite of all tracks included the nationals.

And i understand 100% why they went to Indonesia since it's a HUGE market. Some could actually argue that this race was one of the biggest races this year for the manufacturers.
3/5/2017 8:00am
i totally understand what you guys are saying and im not slating all the tracks off, i mean yes Argentina is an awesome track but its the likes of Qatar, Indonesia,Switzerland (which already has some great tracks), holland (assen is a very poor choice) charlotte, that are just tracks thrown in a paddock or stadiumwithout any use of elevation and thats it. Notice how these tracks are very similar in design (single large rollers coming out of the corners etc)
ayearinmx
3/5/2017 8:11am
Assen was great both years..... Switzerland was actually an awesome GP

I went to them..... i also went to this Indonesian one and i have to say that there were more happy fans at this race than perhaps any i've been to (outside of an MXoN)

they absolutely loved having us here at the races..... they were smiling, courteous and would take selfies with anyone that looked remotely like they were part of the GPs. Police would assist you, security were nice to you, staff would help you with any problem or find someone who could..... the local town EMBRACED us, and couldn't have been better hosts, but yea..... perhaps Lierop is better

Europeans could learn a lot from this culture of actually enjoying stuff..... rather than complain, complain, complain

Obviously i'd have much preferred it to have stayed dry, because i think if it had, it would have been a great track. Hopefully next year it will be..... oh and please stop worrying about Qatar, it's gone
roninho
3/5/2017 8:25am
What i don't understand is why they can't simply use an existing track in Indonesia. Or at least pick a site where there are more options to make a better looking track. Same like in Switzerland, where they manage to find the single field in the whole freaking country without any elevation changes...
ayearinmx
3/5/2017 8:30am
because you have to have a track that can hold all the fans and facilities that are needed at an MXGP and it is much easier to build a new place.... than try to adapt a current Indonesian motocross venue

i believe Indo has a 3 yr deal and i think that it'll be much better in 12 months time when things have had a chance to bed in
Yep
3/5/2017 10:46am
I wonder if the diversity and unpredictable track conditions as opposed to groomed look-alike tracks play any part in why the Chamberlain trophy has found a new home in Europe since 2012?
Yep
3/5/2017 11:44am
Paul mentioned that he thought there was a water source/stream/drainage culvert of some kind in that low area. Nothing could have remedied a issue such as that
Motofinne
3/5/2017 12:07pm
Yep wrote:
Paul mentioned that he thought there was a water source/stream/drainage culvert of some kind in that low area. Nothing could have remedied a issue such as...
Paul mentioned that he thought there was a water source/stream/drainage culvert of some kind in that low area. Nothing could have remedied a issue such as that
It sure looked like that. The second worst spot on the track was only a few corners before it and it was in similar condition.

They just kept digging it deeper and deeper after every single lap and it didn't dry at all.
3/5/2017 12:16pm
It's a shame they no longer go to Si Racha in Thailand (if they must go to these places), that at least was a great looking track worthy of a GP. That aside I must admit that as a tv viewer I did very much enjoy the racing today. The first 450 moto especially was a complete mad house and the fans seemed enthusiastic, just a downer the racing being cut short but probably a fair decision. It's always the same at this point in the season though. A an appalling first couple of circuits with a much better track to come in Argentina and then we get back to Europe.
roninho
3/5/2017 12:18pm
ayearinmx wrote:
because you have to have a track that can hold all the fans and facilities that are needed at an MXGP and it is much easier...
because you have to have a track that can hold all the fans and facilities that are needed at an MXGP and it is much easier to build a new place.... than try to adapt a current Indonesian motocross venue

i believe Indo has a 3 yr deal and i think that it'll be much better in 12 months time when things have had a chance to bed in
all the facilities? of MXGP/Youthstream? Those are 'pop-up' at VAlkenswaard or Lommel as well. It's not like the GP tracks in Europe are like autoracing circuits with permanent facilities and grandstands.

And i would guess that most natural outdoor circuits of 1.5 km or longer would have enough place to hold the number of fans.
Yep
3/5/2017 12:30pm
There are laws overseas that require you have to have so many toilet facilities per person, you have camping regulations because people show up on Thursday and stay until Sunday. Public washroom facilities are required, security concerns, medical facilities. It's not just a unregulated one day event.
Jrewing
3/5/2017 12:39pm
Motofinne wrote:
Tune in for round 3. The track in Argentina is world class, maybe my favorite of all tracks included the nationals. And i understand 100% why...
Tune in for round 3.

The track in Argentina is world class, maybe my favorite of all tracks included the nationals.

And i understand 100% why they went to Indonesia since it's a HUGE market. Some could actually argue that this race was one of the biggest races this year for the manufacturers.
Indo a huge market! You been there?
ayearinmx
3/5/2017 4:10pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2017 4:12pm
Motofinne wrote:
Tune in for round 3. The track in Argentina is world class, maybe my favorite of all tracks included the nationals. And i understand 100% why...
Tune in for round 3.

Jrewing wrote:
Indo a huge market! You been there?
Indonesia is Honda's second biggest market for selling motorbikes in the world... so yea, motofinne is exactly right

And roninho. .. you can argue all you want, but those are reasons they are going to these places and choosing these venues. Switzerland had big grandstands (amongst other things) that you can't just build anywhere... indo the same. Sticking your head in the sand (pun kinda intended) doesn't make you not understand, it just makes you belligerent.
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
3/5/2017 6:00pm
Buncha pussies! This is MOTOCROSS! Afraid of a little mud????

Why, back in my day they woulda added more water and thrown some alligators in to make it tougher !!!!!!

Someone had to be that guy. Just getting it out of the way.......
jemcee
3/5/2017 7:43pm
lucas-vh wrote:
https://youtu.be/u3T6bFhEFzs

should have taken out this section right after first moto
I put this in another thread but I think it got buried, or people just didn't find it as funny as I did haha
Anyhoo I noticed Lupino show Cairoli the better rut to get through (they are buds)

Post a reply to: Mxgp tracks

The Latest