MXGP Jobs

Yamaha573
4/10/2016 10:34pm Edited Date/Time 9/17/2016 9:12pm
I've seen people posting on here about asking about how to work in the industry here in he U.S. But what about trying to work in the MxGp industry? Does anyone know?
|
mxmasta
Fantasy
651st
4/11/2016 2:36am
If you like italian sausage, you could give it a try... Whistling
ATKpilot99
4/11/2016 3:19am
mxmasta wrote:
Laughing
kkawboy14
4/11/2016 5:27am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2016 5:52am
How much does an Oompa Loompa make? I thought they only got paid in all the sugar they could eat (I think that's what they said in the first movie)

Don't feel bad, here in Mx they get free t-shirts and all access passes for pay!
Trav138
4/11/2016 6:10am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2016 6:11am
mxmasta wrote:
Ahahaha
Perfecto

The Shop

lumpy790
4/11/2016 2:41pm
Can you speak multiple languages?
philG
4/11/2016 2:57pm
Life in the MXGP paddock is pretty good, you get the same things laid on every week, , proper places to wash your bikes, and enough space to do your work, places to eat , that travel with all the races , and the chance to see plenty of countries.

Having been fortunate enough to work in it , only as a bit part player , i hasten to add, its the same as any other job in motorsports, lots of hours, lots of travel, occasional flirtings with glamour, and very hard work .

It has its shortcomings, like security , for instance , that can stop you from getting into the bar at Lommel, but cant stop someone leaving with 4 bikes in the night.. but that is just how things are over here.

No doubt it was percieved to be better back in the day , but the working conditions now are as good as you will get , its an experience to do, any team in the paddock has decent set up.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
4/11/2016 3:49pm
you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet or you will end up as clueless as the average internet user over time
kkawboy14
4/11/2016 3:59pm
crusty_xx wrote:
you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet or you will end up as clueless as the average internet user over time
I will keep that in mind the next time I quote Wikipedia!
Yamaha573
4/11/2016 4:49pm
lumpy790 wrote:
Can you speak multiple languages?
I can understand and speak a little of French but that's it.
Yamaha573
4/11/2016 4:52pm
philG wrote:
Life in the MXGP paddock is pretty good, you get the same things laid on every week, , proper places to wash your bikes, and enough...
Life in the MXGP paddock is pretty good, you get the same things laid on every week, , proper places to wash your bikes, and enough space to do your work, places to eat , that travel with all the races , and the chance to see plenty of countries.

Having been fortunate enough to work in it , only as a bit part player , i hasten to add, its the same as any other job in motorsports, lots of hours, lots of travel, occasional flirtings with glamour, and very hard work .

It has its shortcomings, like security , for instance , that can stop you from getting into the bar at Lommel, but cant stop someone leaving with 4 bikes in the night.. but that is just how things are over here.

No doubt it was percieved to be better back in the day , but the working conditions now are as good as you will get , its an experience to do, any team in the paddock has decent set up.
Thanks for providing some info. How exactly do you get involved with teams in the gps?
romain524
9/16/2016 4:34pm
philG wrote:
Life in the MXGP paddock is pretty good, you get the same things laid on every week, , proper places to wash your bikes, and enough...

Yamaha573 wrote:
Thanks for providing some info. How exactly do you get involved with teams in the gps?
I know the MXGP season is not finished, but I came to 3 gp's this summer with a friend who race the EMX. And I wanted to know how to work for the promoter (youthstream)?
Like you said it's a lifetime experience to travel and see a lot of different people in the industry!

Thanks
Mr. Info
9/16/2016 5:30pm
Email YouthStream
mx_563
9/16/2016 7:48pm Edited Date/Time 9/16/2016 7:56pm
Here's a sample of why some people might consider it like willy wonka...

when the industry formed MX TAG representing the teams and riders, it was not in the best interest of youthstream. So out of the blue, a new organization was formed (IMTA - International Motocross Team Association) which claimed that MXTag had been ineffective and had not accomplished anything of significance. These were in essence Luongo's "little green men". This new organization was quickly able to negotiate some small concessions from youthstream which helped make it seem legitimate. But who was behind IMTA? Well, one of the board members for example was Pier Carlo Bottero. Who the fuck is that? Well, it just so happens to be the dude that owns the travel agency with whom youthstream has an exclusive contract, the travel agency that the teams are required to use in order to receive their stipend. Here he is with his BFF:

In the end, MX Tag was crushed and it's champion, Gerard Valat pushed out of the international moto scene.

So does Pier Carlo Bottero own a team, or have a vested interest in the teams? Nope. So how did he end up on the board of IMTA? What about the other board members, who are they? Anyone in the Euro moto industry ever hear of Giorgio Foi or Riccardo Boschi? Do they have a vested interest in a team?

There are other strange inexplicable situations such as the presence of Youthstream in the USA. The imaginary So Cal Youthstream headquarters is run by Mario and Sergio Marini? (relatives perhaps, I speculate) No address for this headquarters can be found. The email is ysusa@youthstreamusa.com so you guys can shoot em' an email and find out what they do. That's actually a good question. Have they done anything? Any press releases, accomplishments, anything? Hmm.

How about Youthstreams' official "cooperation" with Investment Trade Bank of Russia. No disrespect here but Cooperating with Russian banks does not instill a feeling of confidence in an organization. I could be wrong. I'm sure it's totally legit. Russian banks are among those institutions sanctioned by the USA and the EU after the annexation of Crimea were they not? Just checking.

Youthstream's "director" is David Luongo, Giuseppe's son. OK, I'll give him a pass on the nepotism. Goes on everywhere.

I'm not even going to go into the whole Qatar GP discussion.

Oh yeah, when youthstream signed with FIM many years ago, it was through 2026. I think it was like a 20 year deal or something like that. Have you ever seen a contract in motorsports that lasted so long between an international federation and a private promoter? At the very least, you have to admit it is unusual. Even more unusual for a little sport like motocross, which is several levels below MotoGP, F1, WRC, etc. This too makes some people scratch their heads and go hmmm.....

These are just the publicly accessible head-scratching nuggets of information about Youthstream. Then you've got the Geoff Meyer propaganda machine, the blacklisting of critical journalists (Matthes didn't get a press pass to the USGP a few years ago) and it's hard not to see the entire thing as a giant shit show.

I'm not saying the AMA scene is perfect. I'm just trying to explain why *some" people *might* think of the MXGP circus as being reminiscent of Willy Wonka.

They do have wash bays though. Gotta give em' that.

9/17/2016 12:13am
mx_563 wrote:
Here's a sample of why [b]some[/b] people [b]might[/b] consider it like willy wonka... when the industry formed MX TAG representing the teams and riders, it was...

when the industry formed MX TAG representing the teams and riders, it was not in the best interest of youthstream. So out of the blue, a new organization was formed (IMTA - International Motocross Team Association) which claimed that MXTag had been ineffective and had not accomplished anything of significance. These were in essence Luongo's "little green men". This new organization was quickly able to negotiate some small concessions from youthstream which helped make it seem legitimate. But who was behind IMTA? Well, one of the board members for example was Pier Carlo Bottero. Who the fuck is that? Well, it just so happens to be the dude that owns the travel agency with whom youthstream has an exclusive contract, the travel agency that the teams are required to use in order to receive their stipend. Here he is with his BFF:

In the end, MX Tag was crushed and it's champion, Gerard Valat pushed out of the international moto scene.

So does Pier Carlo Bottero own a team, or have a vested interest in the teams? Nope. So how did he end up on the board of IMTA? What about the other board members, who are they? Anyone in the Euro moto industry ever hear of Giorgio Foi or Riccardo Boschi? Do they have a vested interest in a team?

There are other strange inexplicable situations such as the presence of Youthstream in the USA. The imaginary So Cal Youthstream headquarters is run by Mario and Sergio Marini? (relatives perhaps, I speculate) No address for this headquarters can be found. The email is ysusa@youthstreamusa.com so you guys can shoot em' an email and find out what they do. That's actually a good question. Have they done anything? Any press releases, accomplishments, anything? Hmm.

How about Youthstreams' official "cooperation" with Investment Trade Bank of Russia. No disrespect here but Cooperating with Russian banks does not instill a feeling of confidence in an organization. I could be wrong. I'm sure it's totally legit. Russian banks are among those institutions sanctioned by the USA and the EU after the annexation of Crimea were they not? Just checking.

Youthstream's "director" is David Luongo, Giuseppe's son. OK, I'll give him a pass on the nepotism. Goes on everywhere.

Oh yeah, when youthstream signed with FIM many years ago, it was through 2026. I think it was like a 20 year deal or something like that. Have you ever seen a contract in motorsports that lasted so long between an international federation and a private promoter? At the very least, you have to admit it is unusual. Even more unusual for a little sport like motocross, which is several levels below MotoGP, F1, WRC, etc. This too makes some people scratch their heads and go hmmm.....

These are just the publicly accessible head-scratching nuggets of information about Youthstream. Then you've got the Geoff Meyer propaganda machine, the blacklisting of critical journalists (Matthes didn't get a press pass to the USGP a few years ago) and it's hard not to see the entire thing as a giant shit show.

I'm not saying the AMA scene is perfect. I'm just trying to explain why *some" people *might* think of the MXGP circus as being reminiscent of Willy Wonka.

Hit the nail on the head and I will add to that with their hq is based in monaco which is a tax haven. I've also heard that some members of the Italian mafia play a part in ys whether that's true or not I don't know.
95% of the paying public can see that all mxgp is doing is turning into a money circus. The expensive ticket prices,poor viewing due to 6ft banners everywhere. It's ending up too much like f1
HenryA
9/17/2016 1:27am
Grinning
Mx_Pain
9/17/2016 2:09am
mx_563 wrote:
Here's a sample of why [b]some[/b] people [b]might[/b] consider it like willy wonka... when the industry formed MX TAG representing the teams and riders, it was...

Hit the nail on the head and I will add to that with their hq is based in monaco which is a tax haven. I've also...
Hit the nail on the head and I will add to that with their hq is based in monaco which is a tax haven. I've also heard that some members of the Italian mafia play a part in ys whether that's true or not I don't know.
95% of the paying public can see that all mxgp is doing is turning into a money circus. The expensive ticket prices,poor viewing due to 6ft banners everywhere. It's ending up too much like f1
I was racing the Veteran MX at Assen. Got mail from youtstream about payment.... 500 Euros, in cash, at the track only!
So the only payment method in 2015 they accepted was cash, euros... they slipped the money into a box and i got a printed a4 with date, place, class and sum in return.. go figure
Bidirella
9/17/2016 3:04am
Mx_Pain wrote:
I was racing the Veteran MX at Assen. Got mail from youtstream about payment.... 500 Euros, in cash, at the track only! So the only payment...
I was racing the Veteran MX at Assen. Got mail from youtstream about payment.... 500 Euros, in cash, at the track only!
So the only payment method in 2015 they accepted was cash, euros... they slipped the money into a box and i got a printed a4 with date, place, class and sum in return.. go figure
EMX and Wilcard GP riders are doing the same, 300 for EMX and 1500 for GP.
Mr. Info
9/17/2016 6:40am
Why are they so different from MX Sports and in what way? Both are running a business for the purpose of keeping a sport going and are making money. Yes they both also put out quite a bit of money to keep the business strong. And remember Feld is a large business but does it for entertainment and pays out large sums of money for the use of each Stadium and there staff. Then there's the track owner who has his cost to hold a MX Sports race, GP, GNCC or any other event and wants to make money. It's business and there are rewards and losses. It's hard to compare them except for the fact motorcycles and other types are involved. You can't say any of them lose money. Believe me from time to time there cost vurses reward is not there.
rubarb
9/17/2016 7:41am
mxmasta wrote:
Har

Post a reply to: MXGP Jobs

The Latest