Mx sports VIP package

bents
Fantasy
909th
Edited Date/Time 7/11/2019 6:31am
I am thinking of purchasing 2 VIP packages for the Millville National for my daughter and I. Has anyone purchased this package at any of the nationals this year, and what are your opinions? Worth it, or no?
|
Tim507
6/30/2014 7:43am
I've purchased many over the years and had varied results......some have been awesome and some just plain sucked.

Buds Creek MXDN in 2007 was the BEST and Washougal a few years ago was the WORSE! Went to Millville in 2005 or 6 but did not do the VIP as I was there as pit crew for my son.

It is a crap shoot IMO
bents
Fantasy
909th
6/30/2014 10:20am
Thanks for the feedback. There is VIP parking for fri and sat, pit access for both days, VIP seating, food...sounds inviting but it is 300.00 which is a lot of coin....so I was hoping to hear from people that have done it and whether or ot it was worth it.
olds cool
6/30/2014 10:33am
I bought 2 for my daughter and myself for Muddy Creek. The food was great and overall it was a good experience. I have been to a fair number of nationals over the last 35 years or so but have never done the VIP thing. I wanted to do it once just to see what it was all about. The biggest negative for me was the distance from the viewing area to the pits. I made one trip over there during the day but to have unlimited access, it would have been nice to be closer. Not complaining, guess it's just the way the layout was at Muddy Creek. On the plus side, it was awesome to have a clean and air conditioned rest room!
bents
Fantasy
909th
6/30/2014 11:01am
Thanks for that olds cool. I've been to Millville a bunch over the years but this the first time with my daughter so I would like to make the event a little more special. I know the place pretty well but I haven't been in awhile.

The Shop

gharmon
6/30/2014 12:37pm
olds cool wrote:
I bought 2 for my daughter and myself for Muddy Creek. The food was great and overall it was a good experience. I have been to...
I bought 2 for my daughter and myself for Muddy Creek. The food was great and overall it was a good experience. I have been to a fair number of nationals over the last 35 years or so but have never done the VIP thing. I wanted to do it once just to see what it was all about. The biggest negative for me was the distance from the viewing area to the pits. I made one trip over there during the day but to have unlimited access, it would have been nice to be closer. Not complaining, guess it's just the way the layout was at Muddy Creek. On the plus side, it was awesome to have a clean and air conditioned rest room!
Oh, come on now, there is nothing wrong with taking a shit in a sweaty old port o potty and having to put your feet on the door to keep from sliding off the seat from sweat!! LOL. Those bathrooms are nice, RedBud had one I used before.. Simple awesome!!

I was at Muddy Creek also and the VIP area probably did have the best viewing area (I did not purchase a $300 ticket though). The food damn sure smelled good.. We ate before we got there and after we left (like 10-12 hours) so the food smelling good is probably not a good judge of taste. Anything smells good to eat after that long!!

I don't mind a lot of walking so the pits distance would not have bothered me. I just don't think I could bring myself to spend $300 on that (General admission was $70 for 3 days)
MT MX
6/30/2014 12:56pm
I bought the VIP tickets for my wife and I at Thunder Valley a few years ago. I think it was TOTALLY worth it.
Super close parking. The food was really good and there was enough variety. It was a very hot day and I really liked having the VIP shaded area and the unlimited supply of ice tea, lemonade, and water that they provided as well. At the end of the day, the VIP tickets/parking could use the backroad/frontage road to get back to Lakewood while everyone else had to get back on the interstate. Like everyone else said, the bathrooms were a pretty sweet incentive also. I'm sure every track is a little bit different, but I would suggest getting it. Next national I go to I will definitely.
bents
Fantasy
909th
6/30/2014 1:02pm
Good info. Appreciate it. If I spend 300 I want to be relatively confident that I will have been money well spent.
olds cool
6/30/2014 5:40pm
I paid $200 + $9.50 handling for ea of my tickets. I don't mind walking either but it burns up a lot of time when the pits are on the other side of the facility. I'm sure the circumstances and logistics are different at each track. I didn't realize they were going to serve breakfast too, so as you would imagine, yours truly got there when they were cleaning up AFTER breakfast. lol. Another reason to get there early is to stake a claim on one of the outside edge tables under the tent. If the view of the track is good from the tent, you can "camp out" at your table all day and be under cover if it rains, or have shade, whichever the case may be. I took chairs and sat right at the fence. The only thing I couldn't see from where we were that I would have liked to have seen was the big Bomber triple step-up. Everybody should do the VIP deal at least once! My daughter really enjoyed it.
P
7/1/2014 11:44am
I got VIP tickets for me and my son for Muddy Creek and it was worth it. Like mentioned above the restrooms were air conditioned and clean, at least at the beginning of the day. The food was good and drinks were available all day. We also got free programs and there was live timing. We went to the pits twice, but the best part is that it's full access all day. Justin Hill was walking through between motos when no one was around and my son got his autograph. We were also able to get his Stewart 259 jersey signed after the race. Also, after the race we hung out and got to see Cooper Webb come in and celebrate with his team. My son got his autograph as well. You will run into a ton of old riders like Kehoe, Broc Glover, and Larocco. We were standing at the track exit when Trey Cannard came through after the second moto and my son leaned over and stuck out his hand. Trey slowed down, reached with his opposite hand and gave him five! My son had a ball and I had a ball just seeing him trying to kick it with the riders.

P
bents
Fantasy
909th
7/1/2014 11:51am
Hey thanks P sounds like you had a great experience. I'm seriously considering the VIP treatment at this point! Won't have the chance to do it very often right?
vachon522
7/10/2019 12:42pm
Hi guys,
just looking for up-to-date comment or review about the VIP pass at Spring creek. Anyone been there? I might go for it, just wanna make sure before throwing 400$ into the deal

Thank you

sam hain
7/10/2019 1:05pm
I'm considering buying the $100 holeshot club ticket to ironman, how's that track for viewing?
AngryBear
7/10/2019 1:21pm
sam hain wrote:
I'm considering buying the $100 holeshot club ticket to ironman, how's that track for viewing?
have gone to ironman every year but the first.

based on this years map, the holeshot club is in slightly different location, normally it's more behind the start.

normally, they put the VIP spots at very good points. holeshot club also comes with all day pit access, in the past, we've done the racer x pit ticket, which allows all day pit access as well. i normally watch a good bit of the race from the fence surrounding the pits as there are rarely many people there, and then walk around the entire track a bit. it's a large track that has a ton of fence line you can spectate from.
kkawboy14
7/10/2019 1:57pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2019 1:57pm
The $500 ticket at jacksoville was the one to have!
Sabez
7/10/2019 3:41pm
I ordered to VIP tickets for Budds Creek this year. How were VIP members treated at the other races this year?
kkawboy14
7/10/2019 4:36pm
Sabez wrote:
I ordered to VIP tickets for Budds Creek this year. How were VIP members treated at the other races this year?
I had the $400 dollar ticket at Jacksonville. I had to pay for parking, didn’t get a swag bag, no one knew where they were.

Food was decent, plenty of beer and ice cold drinks. The stands we were in didn’t have any shade over it to actually watch the race but there was an air conditioned tent with tv to eat, chill and watch the tv if you wanted to watch it in there.

There was a couple guys that came around and would bring beer and water if you wanted, you didn’t even have to get up.

I would rate it overall, a B plus. It had the feeling of hanging out at your friends house with a race in the backyard!
Sabez
7/10/2019 4:44pm
Sabez wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
I had the $400 dollar ticket at Jacksonville. I had to pay for parking, didn’t get a swag bag, no one knew where they were. Food...
I had the $400 dollar ticket at Jacksonville. I had to pay for parking, didn’t get a swag bag, no one knew where they were.

Food was decent, plenty of beer and ice cold drinks. The stands we were in didn’t have any shade over it to actually watch the race but there was an air conditioned tent with tv to eat, chill and watch the tv if you wanted to watch it in there.

There was a couple guys that came around and would bring beer and water if you wanted, you didn’t even have to get up.

I would rate it overall, a B plus. It had the feeling of hanging out at your friends house with a race in the backyard!
So the VIP souvenir was a swag bag?
kkawboy14
7/10/2019 6:40pm
Sabez wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
I had the $400 dollar ticket at Jacksonville. I had to pay for parking, didn’t get a swag bag, no one knew where they were. Food...

Sabez wrote:
So the VIP souvenir was a swag bag?
Yes
TXDirt
7/10/2019 6:45pm
If you have the money then go for it. You can’t take it with you.
kkawboy14
7/10/2019 6:51pm
TXDirt wrote:
If you have the money then go for it. You can’t take it with you.
If you don’t have the money.....hop the fence like any self respecting gate jumping motocrosser would! Smile
kaptkaos
7/10/2019 8:15pm
If youre going to do a VIP then do the VIP with Jason Thomas and Rocky Mountain Racing Team. Its worth it and you will be treated like a real VIP. Ive done it and will do it again.
Sabez
7/11/2019 2:55am
kaptkaos wrote:
If youre going to do a VIP then do the VIP with Jason Thomas and Rocky Mountain Racing Team. Its worth it and you will be...
If youre going to do a VIP then do the VIP with Jason Thomas and Rocky Mountain Racing Team. Its worth it and you will be treated like a real VIP. Ive done it and will do it again.
Thinking about doing this next year!
Crossup
7/11/2019 4:57am
Southwick went from $25 to $45 for the "stand behind the 10' chain link fence" prime viewing. This year there was less viewing area because catering trucks (on the f*cking fence line), vendor hospitality tents, and now VIP space all reduce the regular stand up viewing. The only offset was that this year there seemed to be 1/2 the crowd probably due to the 4th of July Holiday. That said, it is getting to be a lot easier to watch the racing from TV. (Well, except for Weege)
7/11/2019 6:30am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2019 6:31am
vachon522 wrote:
Hi guys, just looking for up-to-date comment or review about the VIP pass at Spring creek. Anyone been there? I might go for it, just wanna...
Hi guys,
just looking for up-to-date comment or review about the VIP pass at Spring creek. Anyone been there? I might go for it, just wanna make sure before throwing 400$ into the deal

Thank you

I did the VIP at Spring Creek back in 2010 - not exactly "up to date", but I don't know how it could be much different of an experience... Yes I would highly recommend it, especially if you are going with anyone who might not be as hardcore of a moto fan as you are. It's great because it's inside (building with the green roof shown below), which means actual air conditioning. They'll have a spread of food, TVs showing the race, and of course due to the central location of the building that hosts it, pretty good viewing from anywhere you can get a spot on the outdoor patio areas.

Personally, if you have the $$ for it - I think it's awesome to be able to walk the track for awhile during practice (infamous sand roller whoops are off to the extreme right side of the track, one of the few areas out of view from the VIP building) then always have the VIP building to come back to as "home base"

Millville is such a phenomenal track - have fun!!

^^not the best photo of the "spread" - but rest assured you won't go hungry, you'll be comfortable, and will have a killer time.
vachon522
7/12/2019 9:42am
vachon522 wrote:
Hi guys, just looking for up-to-date comment or review about the VIP pass at Spring creek. Anyone been there? I might go for it, just wanna...
Hi guys,

Thank you

I did the VIP at Spring Creek back in 2010 - not exactly "up to date", but I don't know how it could be much different...
I did the VIP at Spring Creek back in 2010 - not exactly "up to date", but I don't know how it could be much different of an experience... Yes I would highly recommend it, especially if you are going with anyone who might not be as hardcore of a moto fan as you are. It's great because it's inside (building with the green roof shown below), which means actual air conditioning. They'll have a spread of food, TVs showing the race, and of course due to the central location of the building that hosts it, pretty good viewing from anywhere you can get a spot on the outdoor patio areas.

Personally, if you have the $$ for it - I think it's awesome to be able to walk the track for awhile during practice (infamous sand roller whoops are off to the extreme right side of the track, one of the few areas out of view from the VIP building) then always have the VIP building to come back to as "home base"

Millville is such a phenomenal track - have fun!!

^^not the best photo of the "spread" - but rest assured you won't go hungry, you'll be comfortable, and will have a killer time.
I bought them, we try that and comment over there after

Thanks for the input
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
7/12/2019 10:21am
Looking at this thread, what ever happened to P?

Post a reply to: Mx sports VIP package

The Latest