Musquin Says No To Des Nations

8/4/2017 11:36pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2017 2:05pm

|
8/4/2017 11:50pm
I wonder if he will get as much shit as Tomac.
F.B
8/4/2017 11:51pm
Shocker!
line-up
8/4/2017 11:57pm Edited Date/Time 8/4/2017 11:57pm
I wonder if he will get as much shit as Tomac.
No. Everybody knows his knee needs to get fixed.

The Shop

8/5/2017 12:09am
line-up wrote:
I thought he said it didn't need surgery and was not as serious as first suspected. Judging by the last 4 motos, it doesn't appear to be bothering him.
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
8/5/2017 2:02am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2017 2:03am
line-up wrote:
I thought he said it didn't need surgery and was not as serious as first suspected. Judging by the last 4 motos, it doesn't appear to...
I thought he said it didn't need surgery and was not as serious as first suspected. Judging by the last 4 motos, it doesn't appear to be bothering him.
Meniscus tears are wired man....

I tore mine in 07 when my ACL severed. They touched it up, then 6 years later it tore while walking and flipped over on itself (bucket handle tear) and made it impossible to walk. I could work my knee around and get it to lay back flat and be totally functional for a few weeks until it flipped again - including racing. Finally though it got so bad, I couldn't get the meniscus to flip back straight and had to have another surgery.
8/5/2017 2:09am
Don't take it for granted but sources said it's Febvre/Paulin/Ferrandis.
Crush
8/5/2017 2:46am
That's a lot different to saying no.
aeffertz
8/5/2017 4:18am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2017 4:19am
He's injured and needs to get fixed up so he can keep racing in the future and function normally after racing. It makes sense.

France has a stacked team without MM anyway, they have nothing to be afraid of.
davistld01
8/5/2017 4:43am
Crush wrote:
That's a lot different to saying no.
Agreed. No sense taking a real risk of ruining things for the 2018 series for Marv.
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
8/5/2017 5:08am
That's to bad, he has been the best French Rider since 2009. This year he has looked better than ever. With him gone it sucks even more that the USA top riders will not be there, MM would have tipped the French team massively in their favor. As it is they will still be the team to beat.
Yep
8/5/2017 6:31am
Doubtful he would have made the French team.
DonM
8/5/2017 6:55am
Yep wrote:
Seriously just go away....nobody wants to hear what you have to say...your continuous bashing of anything to do with American MX and its racers is getting old...you're nothing but a troll...maybe you will get an opportunity to come back as someone else again soon....
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
8/5/2017 7:02am
Yep wrote:
Which French riders are more successful per GP results, I.E. wins/Titles. Last time I checked he won 2 world titles in a row as well as 14 GP wins those years... Febvre and Paulin surley have more GP wins considering all the races they have entered... but they don't.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
8/5/2017 7:28am
line-up wrote:
I thought he said it didn't need surgery and was not as serious as first suspected. Judging by the last 4 motos, it doesn't appear to...
MxKing809 wrote:
Meniscus tears are wired man.... I tore mine in 07 when my ACL severed. They touched it up, then 6 years later it tore while walking...

I tore mine in 07 when my ACL severed. They touched it up, then 6 years later it tore while walking and flipped over on itself (bucket handle tear) and made it impossible to walk. I could work my knee around and get it to lay back flat and be totally functional for a few weeks until it flipped again - including racing. Finally though it got so bad, I couldn't get the meniscus to flip back straight and had to have another surgery.
Agreed. Tore mine in 07 as well. I was able to do everything normal for a long time with pain only once in a while. Then late 2011 it got to the point of sharp pain like someone was stabbing the inside of my knee every time I rode. The finally scheduled my surgery and sewed it all back up.
8/5/2017 9:36am
Yep wrote:
DonM wrote:
Seriously just go away....nobody wants to hear what you have to say...your continuous bashing of anything to do with American MX and its racers is getting...
Seriously just go away....nobody wants to hear what you have to say...your continuous bashing of anything to do with American MX and its racers is getting old...you're nothing but a troll...maybe you will get an opportunity to come back as someone else again soon....
Although there is some truth to what he says given the French picks and recent history
RCB33
Fantasy
90th
8/5/2017 11:09am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2017 11:15am
Edit:looked at results from previous years and retract previous statement...get back to 100% for A1 Musquin!
8/5/2017 11:11am
line-up wrote:
MxKing809 wrote:
Meniscus tears are wired man.... I tore mine in 07 when my ACL severed. They touched it up, then 6 years later it tore while walking...

Yea, weird. Don't know much about knee injuries, mine have always been good. The rest of me not so much.
ATKpilot99
8/5/2017 11:17am
Yep wrote:
DonM wrote:
Seriously just go away....nobody wants to hear what you have to say...your continuous bashing of anything to do with American MX and its racers is getting...
He's been under several names. In this case I'm not sure Marvin would have been chosen but yeah this trolls motives behind his posts are clear. I think Marvin in his current form would be a better choice than Paulin or Febvre especially at Matterly but no matter what the French have a strong team.
RG1
8/5/2017 11:22am
Sucks for Marv and France, but I think this was pretty much expected. Luckily for them Febvre is starting to get back to where we he should be, and it softens the blow quite a bit. I still make them favourites. If they go with Ferrandis the team is probably stronger that it was last year
3D
8/5/2017 12:34pm
MxKing809 wrote:

I'm going through the same exact thing right now. Surgery is set for the 31st. I never actually did anything to it. It just kinda came apart and started locking my knee up.
M-M
8/5/2017 12:53pm
France still have a solid line-up compared to USA though.
kkawboy14
8/5/2017 1:25pm
Ok, I'm just going to join Kkawboy
If a couple more top guys opt out.....this race will be nothing!
Renner153
Fantasy
3544th
8/5/2017 1:56pm
I'm expecting to see Paulin Febvre and Paturel as the team this year.
8/5/2017 2:18pm
IMO, it does take away France's odds from winning and evens up the teams a bit for a closer and better event. Febvre wouldn't even be able to see Marv's roost this year if they raced against each other
DonM
8/5/2017 2:18pm
Yep wrote:
DonM wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:
He's been under several names. In this case I'm not sure Marvin would have been chosen but yeah this trolls motives behind his posts are clear...
He's been under several names. In this case I'm not sure Marvin would have been chosen but yeah this trolls motives behind his posts are clear. I think Marvin in his current form would be a better choice than Paulin or Febvre especially at Matterly but no matter what the French have a strong team.
Yeah I know he was The Source among others....probably MXDouche's alter ego...
SlowMoFo
8/5/2017 2:19pm
France has a solid team and he is injured. Get well soon Mr. Smooth!
F.B
8/7/2017 8:55am
Yep wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
Which French riders are more successful per GP results, I.E. wins/Titles. Last time I checked he won 2 world titles in a row as well as...
Which French riders are more successful per GP results, I.E. wins/Titles. Last time I checked he won 2 world titles in a row as well as 14 GP wins those years... Febvre and Paulin surley have more GP wins considering all the races they have entered... but they don't.
Last time I checked, Febvre had a MX1 World title and 11 MX1 wins..
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
8/7/2017 9:08am
Yep wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
Which French riders are more successful per GP results, I.E. wins/Titles. Last time I checked he won 2 world titles in a row as well as...
F.B wrote:
Last time I checked, Febvre had a MX1 World title and 11 MX1 wins..
I know the stats, neither one is as succseful as per wins or titles and then you factor in MM did it in two years and won his first couple races in 09 on a privateer Honda. Yes Febvre won the 450 title vs two 250 titles but all things considered Musquin has been the best French rider the whole time IMO.

Post a reply to: Musquin Says No To Des Nations

The Latest