Musquin and Herlings

Edited Date/Time 5/3/2015 10:23pm
Now that Musquin is back on top and shows that he's the best 250SX racer and Herlings is still the best 250MX racer, KTM Red Bull have an awesome 250 team (+ Jonass and Hill who're young and really talented) but who's got the most talent between MM25 and JH84. I still think Herlings has it, but Musquin is close...
|
5/3/2015 2:09am
Sand tracks: dwfinetly JH
Hatdpack: Kinda even
Sx: definetly MM

I'll give the nod to MM because he's proven himself on every level, and if he would've stayed racing GP's thease last years I think he'd still be on top
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
5/3/2015 2:33am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2015 2:34am
We will see how Musquin does this year outdoors.
Judging from the last few years, Herlings is better not only in the sand (imo).
Only outdoors ofcourse
shuggs
5/3/2015 2:39am
At this time??? Need to wait till end of both outdoor seasons and see who is healthy and how they have done

The Shop

Aryen
5/3/2015 3:12am
Sand tracks: dwfinetly JH Hatdpack: Kinda even Sx: definetly MM I'll give the nod to MM because he's proven himself on every level, and if he...

I'll give the nod to MM because he's proven himself on every level, and if he would've stayed racing GP's thease last years I think he'd still be on top
Hardpack MM isn't even close. JH is probably at or just below AC/RV level in MX in general.

SX MM naturally.
RY4N37
5/3/2015 4:18am
Musquin is clearly the better SX rider.

On any MX track Herlings has it IMO
5/3/2015 4:37am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2015 4:37am
Sand tracks: dwfinetly JH Hatdpack: Kinda even Sx: definetly MM I'll give the nod to MM because he's proven himself on every level, and if he...

Aryen wrote:
Hardpack MM isn't even close. JH is probably at or just below AC/RV level in MX in general.

SX MM naturally.
Dont forget MM was a winning machine in 250 gp's before moving state side, and was pretty equal in speed with Rocxen when they both rode for ktm in the 250's, but had some misfortunate injurys. He might have lost some speed outdoors concentrating on learning sx, Im pretty sure he'd have JH covered had he stayed racing gp's. Not taking anything away from JH, hes an animal
hillbilly
5/3/2015 4:47am
JH supercrossed that sand track ,doubling and tripling over bumps the rest of the guys slammed into like their bike was stuck in slow.

Give that guy a month at a facility and look out.
BobbyM
5/3/2015 5:32am

Marvin isn't cherry picker .. nod to Marvin.
RY4N37
5/3/2015 5:54am

BobbyM wrote:
A 25 year old in the 250 class isn't a cherry picker, but a 20 year old on a 250 is? Hmmm
5/3/2015 6:57am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2015 7:23am
In America Marvin.
in Europe Herlings.
Two different series.
Two different riding styles,
Two different riders with great quality.

Give them both the exact amount of time to prepare for any of the series and we could compare them by the end of the season. Its not fair really to judge Marvin to herlings in the sand, Herlings backyard is the sandpit.
Its not fair to compare Herlings to Marvin for supercross, Marvin got 3-4 seasons under his belt.

Personally i like Marvins style its smooth. But man that boy Herlings can ride the sand well pure ball zack.

captmoto
5/3/2015 7:12am
hillbilly wrote:
JH supercrossed that sand track ,doubling and tripling over bumps the rest of the guys slammed into like their bike was stuck in slow. Give that...
JH supercrossed that sand track ,doubling and tripling over bumps the rest of the guys slammed into like their bike was stuck in slow.

Give that guy a month at a facility and look out.
Herlings won't sack up and even try. He has had all the opportunity and passed.
Popping sand bumpsisn't the same as hucking SX triples.
MMall the way for his accomplishments here.
PressPassP
5/3/2015 7:13am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2015 7:56am

BobbyM wrote:
RY4N37 wrote:
A 25 year old in the 250 class isn't a cherry picker, but a 20 year old on a 250 is? Hmmm
LaughingLaughing

MM isn't near Herlings level outdoors unless he comes out and demolishes the field at Hangtown.

MM's rides at the MXdN havn't been too great for some strange reason,he can be really fast at times,I don't think he's ever been upto his real speed outdoors since he 's been in the US,he was hampered by injuries from the start

Musquin is incredible in SX now though and could go on to be a true challenger when he moves up

Mind you we can only compare them as outdoor MX2 riders as JH doesn't do SX
bvm111
5/3/2015 7:18am

BobbyM wrote:
RY4N37 wrote:
there is no such thing as cherry picking when you are paid to ride a certain class.... Pro is Pro period weather 250 or 450.
captmoto
5/3/2015 7:23am
RY4N37 wrote:
No because MM changed disciplines when he mastered GP racing. He knows he will be a 450 rider next year too.
Roczen also changed after a World title and is the same age as Herlings with 2 titles here.
How long has Herlings been in a 250 rider?
Didn't Luongo change the bump up clause in GP racing when Herlings threatened to come here to race if he couldn't stay in MX2?
Herlings is fast no doubt but has not challeneged himself like Roczen and Marvin.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
5/3/2015 7:39am
RY4N37 wrote:
captmoto wrote:
No because MM changed disciplines when he mastered GP racing. He knows he will be a 450 rider next year too. Roczen also changed after a...
No because MM changed disciplines when he mastered GP racing. He knows he will be a 450 rider next year too.
Roczen also changed after a World title and is the same age as Herlings with 2 titles here.
Didn't Luongo change the bump up clause in GP racing when Herlings threatened to come here to race if he couldn't stay in MX2?
Herlings is fast no doubt but has not challeneged himself like Roczen and Marvin.
When in a few years he dominates MXGP and MX2 seems to be the deeper class, will people start saying he needs to move down to the small bike or race both classes to have a challenge?
It's not a game, it's his job...
RY4N37
5/3/2015 7:48am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2015 7:52am
RY4N37 wrote:
captmoto wrote:
No because MM changed disciplines when he mastered GP racing. He knows he will be a 450 rider next year too. Roczen also changed after a...
Just for the record I'm not accusing Marvin of being a cherry picker at all. But he has to be if you are calling Herlings one. MM is 25, which is arguably a little old for a 250 rider. Herlings is 20, which is the exact age group the 250 class should be for. Whether he is better than everyone else in the class is irrelevant, someone has to win. He is virtually a full year younger than the 250 champ in America and he still has plenty of time to move up and on to new challenges and he's well within his rights to go for a 3rd 250 world title. The fact that so many people take what he does for easy just shows how good he is in my opinion

Edit: a lot of people say the MX2 class is ruined by the top guys being forced out, but when one of the top guys try's to stay now, he gets called a cherry picker
Zracer
5/3/2015 9:05am
You guys have no idea what youre watching if you cant tell the difference between Musquin and Herlings. As good as Moose is ,Herlings is a once in a generation rider.
RacerX8
5/3/2015 9:29am
MM isn't the same rider that won in the GP's, he's better now then that version was, best he's ever been. Herlings is as fast as he's ever been too, I'd love to see these two head to head in the same series for an entire season. I would love to see JH come states side and run against Marv here, his freakish natural talent would have him figuring the SX thing out no problem like Marv and KRoc.
brimx153
5/3/2015 10:37am
MM would be no were near herlings outdoors , and i think the US tracks would suit herlings even more , casue it has so much loamy tracks . i dont like herling s, but he is by far the fastest 250 guy in the world . the mxgp 250 class is alot faster than people think its just that herlings is so much better . make it look week , when it is not !!
visser62
5/3/2015 11:06am
captmoto wrote:
Herlings won't sack up and even try. He has had all the opportunity and passed. Popping sand bumpsisn't the same as hucking SX triples. MMall the...
"Hucking" SX triples? You are delusional. Herlings won't "sack up" and leave his home country to race a series he doesn't care about when he has a bright future with a team and series that he is used to? The last couple of times Musquin and Herlings met, Herlings was the better of the two.
davistld01
5/3/2015 11:20am
Faster overall rider or better all around rider? Musquin has won MX2 GP's when they were stacked with talent...then he challenged himself by coming to America & learning completely unique & unfamiliar racing style. Herlings has had opportunity to come here...but has stayed back, and opted to stay in his comfort zone. Now MM has proven that he is a master of both styles & disciplines, SX as well as GP outdoors. We'll see if he can dominate this outdoor season or not, but if you are asking who is the better overall rider, I give a healthy nod to Musquin.
brimx153
5/3/2015 11:36am
ur guys are mad , imo Ferrandis is every bit as quick as MM25 outdoors , herling is a( prick ). but is far far ahead of MM and everyone else outdoors now imo. most of yous are comparing MM racing herlings when he was 15 , and 16 years old .everyone complains how slow mx2 is but ,look at how fast Fabvre is in MX1 this year . and herrling would beat him by half a lap . he is just that good .
johnnybgood
5/3/2015 11:43am
As an outdoor rider, which is the only fair way to compare them, herrings is better.

The mx2 class was not stacked when Musquin raced in it.

Ferrandis isn't that impressive and isn't as good as Musquin.

All my opinion.
HenryA
5/3/2015 12:29pm
Hands down Marvin. Marvin could easily go over the pond again and jump right into the MX2 class and get a top 5.

But could Herlings make the trip to the states and make it into the top 5 in a SX race? Hah! No fucking way.
Stefan82
5/3/2015 4:47pm

2010 MX2 standings after the first moto in Czech Republic as Herlings dislocated his shoulder in the second moto.

Herlings obviously more talented as he won 2 GP's in his debut year at age 15.
5/3/2015 9:26pm
captmoto wrote:
Herlings won't sack up and even try. He has had all the opportunity and passed. Popping sand bumpsisn't the same as hucking SX triples. MMall the...
You have a short memory. Herlings was all set to race Unadilla basically just for shits and giggles last year until he broke his femur racing an 85 in Everts' charity race.

You're welcome :-)
Crush
5/3/2015 9:34pm
captmoto wrote:
visser62 wrote:
"Hucking" SX triples? You are delusional. Herlings won't "sack up" and leave his home country to race a series he doesn't care about when he has...
"Hucking" SX triples? You are delusional. Herlings won't "sack up" and leave his home country to race a series he doesn't care about when he has a bright future with a team and series that he is used to? The last couple of times Musquin and Herlings met, Herlings was the better of the two.
When did they meet?

MxDN at Lommel? I can't remember, but I know Mushy has had a shit ton of bad luck the last couple times he's gone, but another won his class...
zehn
5/3/2015 10:23pm
captmoto wrote:
You have a short memory. Herlings was all set to race Unadilla basically just for shits and giggles last year until he broke his femur racing...
You have a short memory. Herlings was all set to race Unadilla basically just for shits and giggles last year until he broke his femur racing an 85 in Everts' charity race.

You're welcome :-)
And I can only hope he decides to do the same this year

Post a reply to: Musquin and Herlings

The Latest