Mulisha time

muGz.147
Fantasy
1792nd
11/9/2011 3:00pm
Okay...let's cover this one final time. Brian Deegan leaves his home in Omaha, Nebraska with a little cash and a bike in the back of a pick up truck to pursue his dream of becoming a professional motocross racer. Highly respected locally and nationally as a Team Green standout and VERY fast amateur, it was his next move. From the beginning, Brian was always a little different than most, and anti-establishment to the core. It became quite evident with the dyed hair, the beginning of his tattoos, and things like gold flake covered motorcycles, and finish line ghost rides. This would lead to him being passed over for a few rides along the way that he may or may not have deserved over the eventual recipient. Growing tired of the industry for these exact reasons while simultaneously helping bring free riding, the action video industry, and what would become a legit sport in FMX to a more mainstream audience, he realized that he could ramp up the anti-establishment, punk rock, (or as some of you put it WWE) mentality and market himself successfully, garner attention, and go ahead and make a pretty good living for himself outside of racing motorcycles. Shortly after that, with the help of a growing friendship with Larry Linkogle and the need to have a name/label for what they were doing...the Metal Mulisha was born. Many years later, the Mulisha has grown into a worldwide entity that is now loved or hated, but regardless of all of that, demands respect as a business. Brian is a Midwestern success story in my opinion that is completely derived from moto. Those who say it's a "joke"...well, Brian is laughing all the way to the bank...so if that's your opinion, you are certainly entitled to it. That doesn't make it an educated or even a rational opinion...so be it. Those who say it's "not moto"...ignorance is truly bliss.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Metal Mulisha...but I'm educated enough to know that they have done something right along the way. If you're not into it...that's fine. If you are...that's fine too. This MM bashing on the boards has become a real tired game though, and if any of you had the opportunity to start something from scratch like Brian did, and know ahead of time that the eventual outcome would be as successful as it has become...you would be ALL OVER IT!!
StatutoryApe
11/9/2011 3:03pm
Again you missed my point you asked why I was biased and all I did was tell you why hate all you want doesn't mean I...
Again you missed my point you asked why I was biased and all I did was tell you why hate all you want doesn't mean I have to agree with you it's your opinion just not mine.

Silly

S
I wish GuyB would encode a humor based text font so that i could use it to let people know im messing around in my reply's...
I wish GuyB would encode a humor based text font so that i could use it to let people know im messing around in my reply's. And please go read every single one of my posts and point out to me where i once put down or hated on the MM and what they have done. Your reading comprehension skills are starting to worry me.
I didn't take it as hate on mm I took it as hate on me saying I think sx/MX people are lame when in fact I'm...
I didn't take it as hate on mm I took it as hate on me saying I think sx/MX people are lame when in fact I'm MX to the core bro Smile

S
Smile
Sherwood
11/9/2011 3:12pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2011 3:13pm
I've always loved how the dirt bike crowd acts like the local snobs at the country club putting people down and making fun of others attire as though it matters.
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2035th
11/9/2011 3:19pm
Black opps... Weird shit... Call Gibby, I think it's the cyber apocalypse. Evil

The Shop

wawazat
11/9/2011 3:25pm
He "quit" cause he realized he could be making the fat cash that's out there to be made and start his own deal...he's working on it...
He "quit" cause he realized he could be making the fat cash that's out there to be made and start his own deal...he's working on it.

S
I thought he quit cause they wouldn't sponsor his truck racing?
Sherwood
11/9/2011 3:33pm
How many of you also enjoy queer eye for the straight guy because that's what this thread is.
MX_Andrew83
11/9/2011 3:56pm
muGz.147 wrote:
Okay...let's cover this one final time. Brian Deegan leaves his home in Omaha, Nebraska with a little cash and a bike in the back of a...
Okay...let's cover this one final time. Brian Deegan leaves his home in Omaha, Nebraska with a little cash and a bike in the back of a pick up truck to pursue his dream of becoming a professional motocross racer. Highly respected locally and nationally as a Team Green standout and VERY fast amateur, it was his next move. From the beginning, Brian was always a little different than most, and anti-establishment to the core. It became quite evident with the dyed hair, the beginning of his tattoos, and things like gold flake covered motorcycles, and finish line ghost rides. This would lead to him being passed over for a few rides along the way that he may or may not have deserved over the eventual recipient. Growing tired of the industry for these exact reasons while simultaneously helping bring free riding, the action video industry, and what would become a legit sport in FMX to a more mainstream audience, he realized that he could ramp up the anti-establishment, punk rock, (or as some of you put it WWE) mentality and market himself successfully, garner attention, and go ahead and make a pretty good living for himself outside of racing motorcycles. Shortly after that, with the help of a growing friendship with Larry Linkogle and the need to have a name/label for what they were doing...the Metal Mulisha was born. Many years later, the Mulisha has grown into a worldwide entity that is now loved or hated, but regardless of all of that, demands respect as a business. Brian is a Midwestern success story in my opinion that is completely derived from moto. Those who say it's a "joke"...well, Brian is laughing all the way to the bank...so if that's your opinion, you are certainly entitled to it. That doesn't make it an educated or even a rational opinion...so be it. Those who say it's "not moto"...ignorance is truly bliss.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Metal Mulisha...but I'm educated enough to know that they have done something right along the way. If you're not into it...that's fine. If you are...that's fine too. This MM bashing on the boards has become a real tired game though, and if any of you had the opportunity to start something from scratch like Brian did, and know ahead of time that the eventual outcome would be as successful as it has become...you would be ALL OVER IT!!
Well said!

Post a reply to: Mulisha time

The Latest