Move forward with the past...See the Penton film..

MX-Files
Edited Date/Time 6/24/2014 1:23pm

If everyone needs a break from "(insert something witty and catchy here)-GATE" with the current moto-world, perhaps you all can take a step back in time and enjoy "PENTON: The John Penton Story" which opens around the country in limited areas on Monday.

We had our premiere in Hollywood on Tuesday and here's what Cycle World had to say:

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/06/19/penton-the-john-penton-story-off-r…

I know Bauer and his better half Nancy were there and I think they liked it.

Here's the link to see if it might be playing near you soon:

http://gathr.us

Thanks for reading.

Todd

|
Bauer
6/20/2014 4:29pm
I'm with you, Todd, these guys should definitely get out and see the movie, it was awesome. Unfortunately, unless you can edit in something about James Stewart conceiving a love child with Sheryl Crow, during group sex with Lyle Lovett and Lance Armstrong, while consuming handfuls of adderall at the ISDE on a Penton, you're probably not going to pry very many of these animals away from the JS7 feeding frenzy over the next few days...

That said, your movie was a work of art and clearly a labor of love. "PENTON: The John Penton Story" is a must-see for anyone who has ever slung a leg over a dirt bike...and mandatory for all KTM owners to see! Great movie, Todd!
wheel100
6/20/2014 4:42pm
My Brother is hosting a showing of the Penton movie
Our screening is planned for July 10 at 7:30 PM at the Regency Paseo Camarillo Cinemas, 390 Lantana St. in Camarillo.

Can you make it? If so, please go to this site http://gathr.us/screening/8113 ASAP to reserve a ticket. Regency Paseo Camarillo Cinemas needs to know several days in advance of the screening if a minimum number of tickets have been reserved, so be sure to go the site soon. And tell anyone you know who might be interested in either motorcycles or great American stories! The more the merrier! You will only be charged for the ticket if we’re successful in getting the minimum (or more!) of reservations!

Thanks and I hope to see you at the movies!

Chuck Dollison
crusher773
6/20/2014 8:01pm
I'm with you I'm the one who set one up in KC. Can't wait for Monday night.
MX-Files
6/22/2014 7:52am
Bauer wrote:
I'm with you, Todd, these guys should definitely get out and see the movie, it was awesome. Unfortunately, unless you can edit in something about James...
I'm with you, Todd, these guys should definitely get out and see the movie, it was awesome. Unfortunately, unless you can edit in something about James Stewart conceiving a love child with Sheryl Crow, during group sex with Lyle Lovett and Lance Armstrong, while consuming handfuls of adderall at the ISDE on a Penton, you're probably not going to pry very many of these animals away from the JS7 feeding frenzy over the next few days...

That said, your movie was a work of art and clearly a labor of love. "PENTON: The John Penton Story" is a must-see for anyone who has ever slung a leg over a dirt bike...and mandatory for all KTM owners to see! Great movie, Todd!
Thanks Steve! It was nice to see you and Nancy at the premiere on Tues.

Wow! Tough "moto news week" to compete with all that's going on...NOW. Smile

How about everyone just think about losing themselves at the movies this week when screenings of "PENTON: The John Penton Story" open up around the country? (see Vital's review on home page)

MONDAY, JUNE 23RD
Brea, CA
Valencia, CA
Sacramento, CA
Indianapolis, IN
Overland Park, KS
Andover, MN
Pickerington, OH

TUESDAY, JUNE 24TH
Bakersfield, CA
Brighton, MI
Madison, MS
Maumee, OH
Vienna, WV

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 25TH
Kasson, MN

THURSDAY, JUNE 26TH
Charlotte, NC

To reserve tickets go to:

https://gathr.us/films/penton

Enjoy!

Todd

The Shop

MX-Files
6/22/2014 7:54am
crusher773 wrote:
I'm with you I'm the one who set one up in KC. Can't wait for Monday night.
Thanks Crusher!

I know all the cast, crew and the Pentons thank you a lot for doing this. Have a great screening!

Todd

Lane-O103
6/22/2014 2:35pm
Would love to see this film and have it shown at the theater I work at but I don't think my city-slicker boss approves of dirt bikes and motocross, maybe that's why he doesn't like me lolPinch
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/22/2014 4:08pm
Go see this movie... Just sayin... Cool
6/23/2014 5:29pm
When does it hit iTunes? I am in NYC so there aren't many options on that list.
mx836
6/23/2014 5:45pm
When does it hit iTunes? I am in NYC so there aren't many options on that list.
I was wondering the same thing. Doubtful that I could gather up enough people for a showing around Green Bay. Unfortunately, I don't think there is that many die hard moto fans around here. That and I have a feeling that my moto buddies (in their 20s) won't care.
MXDAD140
6/23/2014 7:37pm
Going to see this movie tomorrow. Can't wait to see it.
6/23/2014 7:49pm
if someone puts one together in Fresno after mammoth i would be down, and could get at least one other person to go

I was going to say someone should put a showing together IN mammoth this weekend but it doesn't look like there is a theater that participates.
Big E
6/23/2014 11:18pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2014 11:18pm
I saw the film tonight in Brea. WOW! awesome film Todd Huffman and crew. The passion for getting the story right and the energy to pull such a great story off was 100%pro. Its a story about determination hard work and the American Spirit.

If you like motorcycles that's icing on the cake.

GO SEE THIS FILM! You will not be disappointed.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
6/23/2014 11:44pm
Saw it in Valencia tonight, great story. Hung out with a bunch of old friends, there was a GREAT turn out tonight, they had to get a bigger theatre to fit us all in. Good times.....
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/24/2014 6:32am
I missed out on the Hollywood premiere. Can't wait to check it out, though it may have to wait for me to return home. Smile

Currently in Pigeon Forge, TN.
MX-Files
6/24/2014 8:19am
Thanks Everyone!

Looks like everyone likes it! I think people were surprised with all that's in the story like the Motocross des Nations part and even seeing guys like RD5, Ronnie Renner and Zach Osborne (they're in toward the end).

We had a neat screening in Brea with lots of friends some BMX celebs there like Stu Thomsen, Billy Griggs, Bob Hadley, Todd Corbitt, Erick "Big E" Bartoldus. Famed Mettco-Penton/Factory Honda/Factory Yamaha rider Bruce McDougal showed up with about 12 family members.

All good!

To find out where it's playing next or organize a screening in your part of the country visit:

http://pentonmovie.com/see-the-film/
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/24/2014 1:23pm
Thanks, Todd. Smile

Post a reply to: Move forward with the past...See the Penton film..

The Latest