Motorcycling Australia and rules

scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
i'm interested to see what happens this weekend with Ronnie Mac at the Aussie SX open,

if MA let him run a race with that cut up helmet, they will be the worlds biggest hypocrites ,

they banned go pros (and the mounts) and even stickers on helmets this year, (even worse than MNZ that banned go pro mounts attached to helmets,
|
skypig
11/9/2017 8:53pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2017 8:55pm
Nanna won’t know how to deal with Ronnie Mac.
“What if something happens?!”
“Think of the children!”

I’m very nearly “over” this once great country:
Fineing people big bucks for 4km over the speed target. (For safety....)
Compulsory pushbike helmets. My head, nanna’s decides what’s best.
No go pro cameras on helmets.
I’m not allowed outside at work without a high vis vest. I’m meant to put a helmet on to look in the boot (trunk). I wish I was joking.

Several friends have left. One to Canada, one to England, it has seriously gone too far.

We have put lunatics in charge.
F#cking the country, to not fix a problem, that doesn’t exist.
tobz
11/9/2017 9:22pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2017 9:26pm
skypig wrote:
Nanna won’t know how to deal with Ronnie Mac. “What if [i]something[/i] happens?!” “Think of the children!” I’m very nearly “over” this once great country: Fineing...
“Think of the children!”

I’m not allowed outside at work without a high vis vest. I’m meant to put a helmet on to look in the boot (trunk). I wish I was joking.

Several friends have left. One to Canada, one to England, it has seriously gone too far.

This is OT but Europe is so much better, I remember a local at Amsterdam tell me "our motto is," as long as your not hurting anyone else " drink anywhere, ride your bike without a helmet, everyone's courteous and able to use common-sense

But in saying that, Australians were THE WORST type of people that were always the drunkest, stupidest people that wrecked the show at nearly every hostel I stayed at.

We kind of made our own beds to an extent.
MJC
11/9/2017 11:06pm
tobz wrote:
This is OT but Europe is so much better, I remember a local at Amsterdam tell me "our motto is," as long as your not hurting...
This is OT but Europe is so much better, I remember a local at Amsterdam tell me "our motto is," as long as your not hurting anyone else " drink anywhere, ride your bike without a helmet, everyone's courteous and able to use common-sense

But in saying that, Australians were THE WORST type of people that were always the drunkest, stupidest people that wrecked the show at nearly every hostel I stayed at.

Still OT, but yep, think Bali and Thailand. Yuk
11/9/2017 11:16pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2017 11:28pm
skypig wrote:
Nanna won’t know how to deal with Ronnie Mac. “What if [i]something[/i] happens?!” “Think of the children!” I’m very nearly “over” this once great country: Fineing...
“Think of the children!”

The worst thing is the population believes these rules are necessary (mind controlled).

The speed limit is the criminal law there is 4km's over the limit 4 FUCKING KM's thats 2.5mph for American's how can this law exist when every car manufacturer have different speedo readings, they hide these cameras in bush's near my house they put them down hills and the only way to maintain the speed limit whilst going down a hill is to apply the brakes which is dangerous.

The population thinks speed kills they population also believes the only reason why Europe and other countries have faster speed limits is because of better quality roads which is total bullshit ive been around whole of Europe/middle east/ and parts of Africa... Australia has a very high standard of roads, everyone here since the fear camping of speeding is frightened to drive constantly under the limit both hands squeezed tight on the steering out of pure fear, nothing but fear and gossip here on the mainstream TV.

In Perth we have far less car's than most cities yet we have some of the worst traffic I've seen it's rare today at any time of the day/night to hit a smooth 100-110 on the fast lane on the "freeway" without catching up to someone and overtaking, But I think this is special to Perth, Melbourne and Sydney drivers are far superior over Perth drivers but that's not saying much I legit believe Perth are the worst drivers in the world theres nothing more braindead and slow than Perth drivers.

/rant

The Shop

11/9/2017 11:23pm
tobz wrote:
This is OT but Europe is so much better, I remember a local at Amsterdam tell me "our motto is," as long as your not hurting...

I've traveled a total of 2 years around the world never had a problem with anyone the only time I saw a fight overseas were between 2 aussie guys.

We are so disrespectful since I'm aware of my fellow aussie behaviors when ever someone asks me where I'm from whilst travelling I'm always embarrassed to say Australia.
fox1nz
11/10/2017 12:07am
Best Ronnie run a safe Helmet for the good of the sport. Don't ya think?
Jrewing
11/10/2017 12:08am
skypig wrote:
“Think of the children!”

Fucking OATH!

fox1nz
11/10/2017 12:09am
Plus, that extra chin guard area would be ideal for his, I EAT ASS logo..
Jrewing
11/10/2017 12:12am
How bout the seppo pro sports truck that got banned for throwing donuts in NT.
Ridelow
Fantasy
201st
11/10/2017 1:22am
I've traveled a total of 2 years around the world never had a problem with anyone the only time I saw a fight overseas were between...
I've traveled a total of 2 years around the world never had a problem with anyone the only time I saw a fight overseas were between 2 aussie guys.

We are so disrespectful since I'm aware of my fellow aussie behaviors when ever someone asks me where I'm from whilst travelling I'm always embarrassed to say Australia.
I am from Europe, but have been living in the US, The Caribbean and im currently living in southern Spain.
I meet and know alot of Aussies and the have all been awesome people! The genereal consensus it seems, is that most Australians traveling are lots of fun, totaly crazy and very friendly..

So dont sell yourself short just yet Wink
11/10/2017 3:23am Edited Date/Time 11/10/2017 3:26am
tobz wrote:

I've traveled a total of 2 years around the world never had a problem with anyone the only time I saw a fight overseas were between...

Dude! America needs you! lol. Come on over. You can do 79 in a 65mph zone here and the coppers won’t touch you. you can even ride your motorcycle with as much or as little protective equipment as YOU want!

I’m just waiting on RM69 to whip his wiener out as a Victory celebration!! it’s gonna the the new ghost ride over the finish. Stamp it.
skypig
11/10/2017 4:27am
Dude! America needs you! lol. Come on over. You can do 79 in a 65mph zone here and the coppers won’t touch you. you can even...
Dude! America needs you! lol. Come on over. You can do 79 in a 65mph zone here and the coppers won’t touch you. you can even ride your motorcycle with as much or as little protective equipment as YOU want!

I’m just waiting on RM69 to whip his wiener out as a Victory celebration!! it’s gonna the the new ghost ride over the finish. Stamp it.
12 mph (20kmh)over the limit is $420 and “4 points” for a first offense.$420 and 8 points for a second offense in 12 months.
If you get 12 points (see above example) in any 3 year period, you lose your license.

It’s complete BS, and half the population believe this has something to do with safety. Despite the “difficult to find official figures” that show “speeding”is responsible for 7% of crashes on Australian roads (well, in QLD anyway.)

They basically ignore the causes of the other 93% as there is little profit in it. It’s well documented that killing a cyclist involves a smaller fine than being caught 40kmh over the limit driving through the desert. Madness.

Recently a policeman killed an elderly Motorcyclist and badly injured her husband as he was so keen to do a U turn and book someone for a minor speed limit violation, he did the turn in front of them. “Safety”, don’t make me laugh! (Or cry, and spew!)
11/10/2017 4:29am
Stickers on the helmet... what exactly is that supposed to affect anyway?
Jrewing
11/10/2017 4:36am
That Darwins theory is being challenged downunder
ando
11/10/2017 4:59am
I doubt that half the population thinks that our aggressive policing of speeding has anything to do with safety. More so that a succession of governments have come to rely upon the substantial revenue and don’t have any easy way to replace it. On top of that, it’s easy to cloak the revenue raising as “safety”.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
11/10/2017 9:45am
Dude! America needs you! lol. Come on over. You can do 79 in a 65mph zone here and the coppers won’t touch you. you can even...

i have a ticket from some county just south of Seattle for 74 in a 65, and a no insurance fine as well to go with it because the dumb shit that organised the insurance never printed it out, should really get around to paying that one day, it was around 2010 , so no real rush,
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
11/10/2017 9:46am
the explanation i was told is that they could hide defects/damage,
jeffro503
11/10/2017 10:08am
This actually blows my mind a bit. I thought Australia was kind of a "free-for-all " type country. Had no idea they were that strict with rules down there. Some of the coolest people I have ever met were from that country.....including the ones I've BS'd with on here. I fucking dig you guys. America doesn't seem all that much better to be honest. We have a bunch of stupid laws , and people creating them. Try celebrating the 4th of July in Oregon......light a fire cracker....instant ticket. Surprised they even let us have sparklers. I wish our country was more kick back on things like Canada and Europe. Those people seem more happy , and don't have multiple active shooters and other maniacs doing stupid shit all the time like we do. I get so sick of it.
skypig
11/10/2017 2:54pm
Australia was, like the reast of the world, a different place when I was a kid.
It’s just disappointing that, rather than take the middle road, or even trail the rest of the world down the drain we seem hell bent on leading the way.

A tourist was recently quoted “.....everything in Australia is either illegal or compulsory.”

Suicide is a huge killer of men in Australia. Far greater than the road toll for example.
Rather than say “maybe we should let boys be boys a bit more”, the Nanna’s in charge think neutering everyone and wrapping them in cotton wool is the answer.

I’m so sick of people with no interest in me, telling me what I can’t do.
“Don’t ride on the cycle path without your helmet Simon”. (Says the obese politicians who are destroying the health care system with diabetes costs)
“Don’t Ride your Motorcycle too fast”
“Don’t Ride your dirt bike anywhere - there might be a tree and an endangered frog” (this stopped the latest riding area)
“Don’t drink a Wisky without coke” - we don’t like people who drink “shots”. WTF!?
“Don’t put a hose from your exhaust pipe into your car” - there will be a huge fine coming your way.

I’m going to go and do few huge wheelies.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/10/2017 3:14pm
skypig wrote:
Australia was, like the reast of the world, a different place when I was a kid. It’s just disappointing that, rather than take the middle road...
Australia was, like the reast of the world, a different place when I was a kid.
It’s just disappointing that, rather than take the middle road, or even trail the rest of the world down the drain we seem hell bent on leading the way.

A tourist was recently quoted “.....everything in Australia is either illegal or compulsory.”

Suicide is a huge killer of men in Australia. Far greater than the road toll for example.
Rather than say “maybe we should let boys be boys a bit more”, the Nanna’s in charge think neutering everyone and wrapping them in cotton wool is the answer.

I’m so sick of people with no interest in me, telling me what I can’t do.
“Don’t ride on the cycle path without your helmet Simon”. (Says the obese politicians who are destroying the health care system with diabetes costs)
“Don’t Ride your Motorcycle too fast”
“Don’t Ride your dirt bike anywhere - there might be a tree and an endangered frog” (this stopped the latest riding area)
“Don’t drink a Wisky without coke” - we don’t like people who drink “shots”. WTF!?
“Don’t put a hose from your exhaust pipe into your car” - there will be a huge fine coming your way.

I’m going to go and do few huge wheelies.
I feel like you just described California.....
11/10/2017 3:23pm
I hope they let ronnie mac ride with the illegal helmet so MA can hopefully be shut down and a new org started. MA is a joke that is killing the sport down here
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
11/10/2017 3:25pm
Fucken A! 1 day ahead, 20 years behind.

Still fucking love this country, just not the sub-human fuckwits that seem to have just emerged fro the primordial soup.

@Drinkmorewater, the M1 motorway that takes us south to Sydney is a 110kph speed limit and every time without fail, we come to almost a complete stop thinking there is an accident ahead, only to realise it's that no cunt can merge or overtake properly. It's not just Perth.
Jrewing
11/10/2017 6:31pm
Fine you around the beaches for leaving your windows slightly down on hot days
Bearuno
11/10/2017 7:21pm Edited Date/Time 11/10/2017 7:22pm
Without a doubt, we have some of the most Draconian Speeding / Road rule fines in the World. Nearly every 'travelogue' story in foreign bike mags make note of it.

And yes, it's down to politicians / Police taking the easy way, and just upping fines - generally in response to a big accident or two. You get a goodly swathe of Joe Public, well, more often than not it's 'Joette' public, that then, cretinously think it's the way to do it. Not better driver training, roads or simply people not being Fuckwits.

Hell, I reckon just as many accidents are caused by drivers having to concentrate on the speed limit, than they do the road they are on and the traffic around them ......

But, we appear to have a few here that really do fit the 'Whingeing Pom' moniker, even if they are Aussies.

I ride bikes far more than I drive cars, and, I've not been booked since 1983. And I do tend to 'arc' it up on two wheels. Probably luck, but I do try to use my noggin', and think about what I'm doing, and, where I'm doing it.

I'm lucky, I live right on the edge of Suburbia / the Blue Mountains. I can just get on a bike, and be in the bush within a K. I know that a few areas I ride in are not 'legal', but I ride with a Monster Muffler on the bike, don't tear the hell out of the trails, and only, well mostly, ride single track, and keep my bike legal - as in (midget) blinkers and (fold away) mirrors. All on a CRE500. The legality and quietness of my bike, my not being a 'Fire Trail Fuckwit', and, knowing a fair few of the Cops (and a good half of my Relos being in the Police Force, a couple right near the very Top, helps Whistling ) in my local area, keeps me out of trouble.
Lippy111
11/10/2017 11:31pm
For all the people complaining about speeding fines, it's simple....

DON'T SPEED!!! The speed limits are there for a reason, whether you think they're fair or not.

No use looking for someone else to blame when you get a speeding fine. The police officer wasn't the one with his foot on your accelerator.
Barrzy256
11/11/2017 12:28am
skypig wrote:
“Think of the children!”

The UK is not much better, if it’s not our politicians making new rules, it’s the population of snowflakes which are ruining society as we know it
Jrewing
11/11/2017 2:04am
Lippy111 wrote:
For all the people complaining about speeding fines, it's simple.... DON'T SPEED!!! The speed limits are there for a reason, whether you think they're fair or...
For all the people complaining about speeding fines, it's simple....

DON'T SPEED!!! The speed limits are there for a reason, whether you think they're fair or not.

No use looking for someone else to blame when you get a speeding fine. The police officer wasn't the one with his foot on your accelerator.
Do us a favour and dont breed!
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
11/11/2017 2:07am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2017 2:16am
skypig wrote:
“Think of the children!”

Bro! high-vis is the Aussie version of the bulletproof vest! Thank piss I was wearing a hardhat when we were installing window graphics... That vinyl will take ya head awf... Not to mention hide that scratch on ya elmet (EDIT: for which you paid double the price because, well... Straya).
Jrewing
11/11/2017 2:18am
skypig wrote:
“Think of the children!”

EZZA 95B wrote:
Bro! high-vis is the Aussie version of the bulletproof vest! Thank piss I was wearing a hardhat when we were installing window graphics... That vinyl will...
Bro! high-vis is the Aussie version of the bulletproof vest! Thank piss I was wearing a hardhat when we were installing window graphics... That vinyl will take ya head awf... Not to mention hide that scratch on ya elmet (EDIT: for which you paid double the price because, well... Straya).
Soon enough our soldiers will be wearing high vis in combat
MJC
11/11/2017 2:33am
skypig wrote:
“Think of the children!”

EZZA 95B wrote:
Bro! high-vis is the Aussie version of the bulletproof vest! Thank piss I was wearing a hardhat when we were installing window graphics... That vinyl will...
Jrewing wrote:
Soon enough our soldiers will be wearing high vis in combat
Hi-vis and long sleeves in case you sue your employer for getting sunburnt. Dizzy

Post a reply to: Motorcycling Australia and rules

The Latest