Motorcycle Superstore Suzuki Announces 4 Rider Roster

GD2
Fantasy
1081st
Edited Date/Time 11/23/2015 1:41pm
http://racerxonline.com/2015/11/20/motorcycle-superstore-suzuki-announc…

Well, that didn't take long. Days after Motorcycle Superstore and Albertson Enterprises announced a partnership to form a four-rider team to contest the 2016 Monster Energy Supercross and Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championships aboard Suzukis, four riders have been named.

The team will consist of veterans Jimmy Albertson and Kyle Cunningham and rookies Marky Worth and Josh Osby.

Check out the official press release below.

Motorcycle Superstore / Suzuki Racing is proud to announce their four rider roster to compete on the all-new 2016 RMZ250 in Monster Energy Supercross and Lucas Oil Pro Motocross. It is a roster mixed with young rookies, and experienced veterans, creating a diverse, fun, and exciting atmosphere.

Jimmy Albertson – 27 years old, from Shawnee, OK. Albertson is a well-known racer and industry personality, as he has built himself a great following. With his focus back on the 250 class, Jimmy and Motorcycle Superstore are looking for stellar results in 2016!

Marky Worth – 17 years old, from Santan Valley, AZ. Former multi time Loretta Lynn’s Amateur National Champion, Worth has always been known as a title contender in the amateur ranks. “After winning at a young age, it is tough to except anything less” says the 17-year old Arizonian. In 2015, Marky has had flashes of brilliance by winning championships and even scoring a Moto 1 win at Loretta’s in the most prestigious class, 250 A. That being said, Motorcycle Superstore/Suzuki is excited to work with this young talent in his rookie professional season!

Josh Osby – 19 years old, from Valparaiso, IN. Osby is a name that has been flying under the radar for the past three years. Josh did not have a typical start into racing at a young age. He got his first bike when he was 10 years old and within a matter of four years, after begging his parents to take him racing, he was already battling at the front of the field in the highest level of amateur racing! This summer Josh won a moto in 450 A at Loretta’s. At Monster Cup in the Amateur All Star class this year, he got 4th overall including a 3rd place moto. Just last month, Josh caught our attention by beating numerous factory contracted riders at Monster Cup, in route to his podium finish in the first moto! Motorcycle Superstore/Suzuki is excited to get the opportunity to work with this “Dark Horse” in his rookie season as a professional.

Kyle Cunningham – 26 years old from Fort Worth, TX. Cunningham is a well-known veteran in the 250 class, proving year after year that he is always a top competitor in the field. Motorcycle Superstore/Suzuki is very excited to have Kyle join them this season, not only because of his high level of racing but to also help their rookie riders learn the ropes in the Pro ranks. The Texas native is hungrier than ever to get back in podium form and is ready to take on the 2016 season with his new team, Motorcycle Superstore/Suzuki.

Motorcycle-Superstore.com is the leading online retailer of all things motorcycles and powersports with the top brands in gear, accessories, tires, parts and apparels. Motorcycle Superstore has everything you need to get out and ride! Whatever your passion, we've got the gear to keep you on the trail or track safely and in style. Check out our website for our current coupons, sweepstakes, promotions, and featured sale items, or to search our vast inventory of equipment from over 700 trusted brands. www.Motorcycle-Superstore.com
|
mx836
11/20/2015 3:27pm
That's a pretty solid team for a first year effort. No offense to Jimmy, but I don't see him doing that well on the 250f. Hopefully I'm wrong.
tylermx967
11/20/2015 3:34pm
KYLE US GOT TO BE ONE OF MY FAVERITE RIDER BECASE HE IS FORM TEXAS AND RIDE SUSZUKI
PJ205
11/20/2015 3:55pm
Solid team they have there. Can't wait for the 16 season.
mb60
11/20/2015 5:09pm
Good for Cunningham and man I wish Lemoine and Owens had been picked. That would have laid to rest the people talking about top 10 riders or not. Good luck Top Jimmy on his new adventure.

The Shop

Olson
11/20/2015 5:28pm
tylermx967 wrote:
KYLE US GOT TO BE ONE OF MY FAVERITE RIDER BECASE HE IS FORM TEXAS AND RIDE SUSZUKI
STFU!
11/20/2015 5:31pm
Olson wrote:
STFU!
You have to give the guy credit, he is a dedicated troll for every Suzuki and/or Texas opportunity.
mx510
Fantasy
1707th
11/20/2015 5:48pm
Does anyone know what Beef is going to do?
Alex814
11/20/2015 7:14pm Edited Date/Time 11/20/2015 7:16pm
mb60 wrote:
Good for Cunningham and man I wish Lemoine and Owens had been picked. That would have laid to rest the people talking about top 10 riders...
Good for Cunningham and man I wish Lemoine and Owens had been picked. That would have laid to rest the people talking about top 10 riders or not. Good luck Top Jimmy on his new adventure.
Me too. Sport sure is political like Owen posted the other day. Way too many Weston Peick situations for no reason. Not like Lemoine or Owen are asking for salaries, its not about the money. I also see Owen and Lemoine likely wiping the floor with those rookies, on their privateer bikes. And if I'm dead wrong and these kids are studs, I'll be happy to say I was an idiot, in August.

So will they be doing the road to supercross while Cunningham and Albertson race west coast?
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
11/20/2015 7:15pm
Awesome!
Looking forward to following their results this coming season.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
11/20/2015 8:54pm
Alex814 wrote:
Me too. Sport sure is political like Owen posted the other day. Way too many Weston Peick situations for no reason. Not like Lemoine or Owen...
Me too. Sport sure is political like Owen posted the other day. Way too many Weston Peick situations for no reason. Not like Lemoine or Owen are asking for salaries, its not about the money. I also see Owen and Lemoine likely wiping the floor with those rookies, on their privateer bikes. And if I'm dead wrong and these kids are studs, I'll be happy to say I was an idiot, in August.

So will they be doing the road to supercross while Cunningham and Albertson race west coast?
Osby and Worth already completed the Road to SX program last year and can ride either coast.

Unless injuries play a part, I'd guess you'll see them split the rookies and the veterans on each coast.

The most interesting part to me is that this is the "factory" team, while Bisceglia is on the less than factory team. Obviously a lot goes into deals, but I do find that a bit strange.

Definitely good to see another team in the pits providing jobs and opportunities for not just riders but crew as well.
Alex814
11/20/2015 9:10pm
Alex814 wrote:
Me too. Sport sure is political like Owen posted the other day. Way too many Weston Peick situations for no reason. Not like Lemoine or Owen...

Osby and Worth already completed the Road to SX program last year and can ride either coast. Unless injuries play a part, I'd guess you'll see...
Osby and Worth already completed the Road to SX program last year and can ride either coast.

Unless injuries play a part, I'd guess you'll see them split the rookies and the veterans on each coast.

The most interesting part to me is that this is the "factory" team, while Bisceglia is on the less than factory team. Obviously a lot goes into deals, but I do find that a bit strange.

Definitely good to see another team in the pits providing jobs and opportunities for not just riders but crew as well.
Really? And I was thinking the other Suzuki team was the more heavily supported factory team, with the Yoshimura connection and all.
mxwrench66
11/20/2015 9:27pm
Rockstar suzuki with milsaps and Anderson wasn't yoshimura they were fmf.
visser62
11/20/2015 9:45pm
mx510 wrote:
Does anyone know what Beef is going to do?
ARMA Energy Yamaha.
malachi177
11/22/2015 10:21pm
Alex814 wrote:
Really? And I was thinking the other Suzuki team was the more heavily supported factory team, with the Yoshimura connection and all.
Yep, The new MAD Racing team ( DirtCandy/Yoshimura/ Suzuki) should be the more heavily supported team. But either way awesome to see yellow back in the 250 class with at least two teams.
richter28
Fantasy
164th
11/23/2015 8:32am Edited Date/Time 11/23/2015 8:33am
mb60 wrote:
Good for Cunningham and man I wish Lemoine and Owens had been picked. That would have laid to rest the people talking about top 10 riders...
Alex814 wrote:

I'd put money on the "wiping the floor" comment. Osby has done extremely well, beating all the riders who get all the publicity many times these last couple years. Also, Lemoine had a ride as a rookie, just like these two are getting. Nothing against Lemoine at all, just saying I agree with Gregg's comments about why he chose rookies over a veteran. There's still time for Owen, but as hard as it is, complaining about it on social media isn't gonna help his case. I wish him luck though, I'll always root for a local guy. Worth is fast indoors, but all I know of him is a couple practices last arenacross season.
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
11/23/2015 9:14am
cool...josh osby....valpo,IN...ill be rooting for him......
mxwrench66
11/23/2015 9:38am
I think osby's ME cup ride speaks for itself and marky won a 250A moto at lorettas. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think at 17 marky will be the youngest rider competing in the 2016 sx series
DownSouth
11/23/2015 9:48am
Since Marky is on the team does that make Gregg and Ronnie Mac the "Funky Bunch"?
Mouse153
11/23/2015 11:38am
Finally, some Suzuki 250s out in the field!
iudi2006
Fantasy
312th
11/23/2015 11:49am
Cunningham still has some podiums and possibly race wins in him. Hope he can pull it together for the season.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
11/23/2015 12:11pm
mxwrench66 wrote:
I think osby's ME cup ride speaks for itself and marky won a 250A moto at lorettas. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think at...
I think osby's ME cup ride speaks for itself and marky won a 250A moto at lorettas. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think at 17 marky will be the youngest rider competing in the 2016 sx series

GautThis
11/23/2015 1:01pm
Big congrats to the Albertson family and the riders of the team as well. Great group of guys and it's nice to see them helping out others as well. I have a huge amount of respect for them always striving to build a great team. I know it's not an easy task but they have always had the never give up attitude! Really excited to see how things go this season!
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
11/23/2015 1:15pm Edited Date/Time 11/23/2015 1:20pm

I know Fly was a personal amateur sponsor of Worth, but I wouldn't be surprised if they end up being the team gear sponsor considering Jimmy's relationship with them.
bsharkey
11/23/2015 1:41pm
nice to see a few more lorettas rookies getting a chance

Post a reply to: Motorcycle Superstore Suzuki Announces 4 Rider Roster

The Latest