Motocrosser Amputee Story(Mike Shultz Video)

Blake
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 9:43am
Mike Schultz........
This guy and Ridge are pretty bad ass for sticking with it.

|
ridge
2/26/2010 1:18pm
Thanks man! Mike is such a cool guy. Him, Jim Wazny, and I are going to team up for the Baja 1000 this year!

We are going to set up a donation for every mile completed and give it to a charity after the race. Should be a lot of fun.

All those guys that are racing in the Adaptive class, especially the para guys, are bad ass. My story is nothing compared to some of them.
DanDunes818
2/26/2010 1:34pm
ridge wrote:
Thanks man! Mike is such a cool guy. Him, Jim Wazny, and I are going to team up for the Baja 1000 this year! We are...
Thanks man! Mike is such a cool guy. Him, Jim Wazny, and I are going to team up for the Baja 1000 this year!

We are going to set up a donation for every mile completed and give it to a charity after the race. Should be a lot of fun.

All those guys that are racing in the Adaptive class, especially the para guys, are bad ass. My story is nothing compared to some of them.
Chris seemed like espn had Mike as the favorite to take the xgames gold last year but you handled that prediction. Have you and Mike raced at all since then ? Should we expect you two to battle more next year at X?
Blake
2/26/2010 1:44pm
Ridge needs a sled.........

The Shop

ridge
2/26/2010 2:03pm
Chris seemed like espn had Mike as the favorite to take the xgames gold last year but you handled that prediction. Have you and Mike raced...
Chris seemed like espn had Mike as the favorite to take the xgames gold last year but you handled that prediction. Have you and Mike raced at all since then ? Should we expect you two to battle more next year at X?
We haven't raced since then, but I expect a battle from Mike for as long as I continue racing these.

Mike has caused me to practice more and train harder for 2010 X, that's for sure. We will have more competition this year if a couple of the new guys are as fast as they say they are!
ridge
2/26/2010 2:07pm
Blake wrote:
I tried riding one of those things and I pretty much suck!
TeamGreen
2/26/2010 2:25pm
There's another guy out there...Todd Thompson (Try it on you-tube).

Things are gonna get interesting at the X-Games this Summer.

Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
2/26/2010 2:48pm
I had a blast while in college lining up against Mike at a local track in Minnesota. He wasn't too slow on an MX bike that's for sure.
Outsider
2/26/2010 2:54pm
ridge wrote:
Thanks man! Mike is such a cool guy. Him, Jim Wazny, and I are going to team up for the Baja 1000 this year! We are...

Chris seemed like espn had Mike as the favorite to take the xgames gold last year but you handled that prediction. Have you and Mike raced...
What about Henry? Is he going to give it a shot?
TeamGreen
2/26/2010 3:00pm
Blake wrote:
ridge wrote:
I tried riding one of those things and I pretty much suck!
If you could put in some time on one...you'd KICK ASS!

I'm jus' knowin'...
dl117
Fantasy
2587th
2/26/2010 3:06pm
Mike is a cool cat, I only meet him once but super nice guy. We parked by him team at a snowcross one year and my daughter (at age 7) thought it was the coolest thing when a pro wished her good luck on her way to the starting line.

ridge
2/26/2010 3:48pm
dl117 wrote:
Mike is a cool cat, I only meet him once but super nice guy. We parked by him team at a snowcross one year and my...
Mike is a cool cat, I only meet him once but super nice guy. We parked by him team at a snowcross one year and my daughter (at age 7) thought it was the coolest thing when a pro wished her good luck on her way to the starting line.

This probably best describes Mike when he's not ripping on a bike or sled! He's a good dude with a great attitude.

Henry will be racing at Summer X for sure! I hope they can separate the classes this year. It's not fair.
DanDunes818
2/26/2010 4:14pm
dl117 wrote:
Mike is a cool cat, I only meet him once but super nice guy. We parked by him team at a snowcross one year and my...

ridge wrote:
This probably best describes Mike when he's not ripping on a bike or sled! He's a good dude with a great attitude. Henry will be racing...
This probably best describes Mike when he's not ripping on a bike or sled! He's a good dude with a great attitude.

Henry will be racing at Summer X for sure! I hope they can separate the classes this year. It's not fair.
What do you mean by separate the classes? In what way? Do you mean based and experience or based on the individuals handicap?
4mxonly
2/26/2010 5:05pm
dl117 wrote:

ridge wrote:
This probably best describes Mike when he's not ripping on a bike or sled! He's a good dude with a great attitude. Henry will be racing...

What do you mean by separate the classes? In what way? Do you mean based and experience or based on the individuals handicap?
I'm pretty sure Chris is referring to the differences between amputee and paraplegic racers. Can't wait to see you guys back at Baja Acres for the extremity games in May!

Post a reply to: Motocrosser Amputee Story(Mike Shultz Video)

The Latest