TDeath21
8/15/2017 10:38am
KG171 wrote:
Team Holland
Jeffrey Herlings OPEN
Glenn Coldenhoff MX1
Brian Bogers MX2
TDeath21 wrote:
Herlings not in MX1 is ridiculous. Why wouldn't they put him in the top class? Makes no sense.
Park Boys wrote:
Did the same thing last year too. I wonder what there strategy is? Glen would have a much better chance in the open class.
It makes no sense. There's the strategy of having him race the lesser riders so he can get a better score in his first moto. But that works the other way too. I'd want my best rider riding against the other team's best for two motos so my guy can take points from them on two occasions.
TDeath21
8/15/2017 10:39am
KG171 wrote:
Team Holland
Jeffrey Herlings OPEN
Glenn Coldenhoff MX1
Brian Bogers MX2
TDeath21 wrote:
Herlings not in MX1 is ridiculous. Why wouldn't they put him in the top class? Makes no sense.
scott_nz wrote:
i would guess that because the MX1 rider was a bigger break, where the MX3 rider has to go back to back, you could choose to...
i would guess that because the MX1 rider was a bigger break, where the MX3 rider has to go back to back, you could choose to put the fitter rider as mx3,
Nah if that were the case all the best riders would be in the open class. This strategy makes no sense but there's definitely more going on here.
8/15/2017 10:45am
TDeath21 wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
i would guess that because the MX1 rider was a bigger break, where the MX3 rider has to go back to back, you could choose to...
i would guess that because the MX1 rider was a bigger break, where the MX3 rider has to go back to back, you could choose to put the fitter rider as mx3,
TDeath21 wrote:
Nah if that were the case all the best riders would be in the open class. This strategy makes no sense but there's definitely more going...
Nah if that were the case all the best riders would be in the open class. This strategy makes no sense but there's definitely more going on here.
Why does it matter? He'll ride against everyone at some point during the day.
TDeath21
8/15/2017 10:48am
scott_nz wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
Nah if that were the case all the best riders would be in the open class. This strategy makes no sense but there's definitely more going...
But only against the best in one moto instead of two. He's a top five rider in the world. Makes no sense.

The Shop

8/15/2017 10:54am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2017 10:55am
TDeath21 wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
But only against the best in one moto instead of two. He's a top five rider in the world. Makes no sense.
Herlings has always rode the Open class except his very first MXON's where he rode MX2. I have no idea why Team Holland does that.
flymoto
8/15/2017 11:07am
Team Great Britain
Max Anstie MX1
Tommy Searle MX2
Dean Wilson Open
flymoto wrote:
Is that announced?? that would be a very strong team, more than capable of winning. I have high hopes for Switzerland, guillod is fast on a...
Is that announced??

that would be a very strong team, more than capable of winning.

I have high hopes for Switzerland, guillod is fast on a 250, he beat herlings outright here a few years ago.
Yeah it's official. Would be fun to see them win at home, atleast podium. They have the talent and speed if everything clicks.
Awesome news. That's a really good line up we have. Looking over Facebook there's a lot of upset brits. How come? Tommy is easily quicker than Watson or mewse on any given day even lacking bike time! So pumped for this can't wait to see Wilson race aswel
Yep
8/15/2017 11:26am
Good move with Tommy on 250, Max needs to break his norm and put 2 good motos together on the same day
Aryen
8/15/2017 12:36pm
KG171 wrote:
Team Holland
Jeffrey Herlings OPEN
Glenn Coldenhoff MX1
Brian Bogers MX2
This team went 2nd last year, were running first until a few laps before the end of moto 3.

"Podium of jodium" we say in the Netherlands (Podium or iodine) Cool
agn5009
8/15/2017 1:16pm
Wow look at the first 30 riders on the list on the front page. There's more than a handful of really good teams that could fight for a podium this year.
8/15/2017 1:22pm
TDeath21 wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
It is the strategy, and the best isn't necessarily the fittest. But Herlings is the fittest of the 2.
Aryen
8/15/2017 1:24pm
Coldenhoff is clearly the 450 guy that needs to rest in between motos.

Just like that.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/15/2017 2:20pm
Netherlands, Belgium, GB, USA, France
All those teams could win and I wouldn't even be surprised.

Switzerland, AUstralia, Italy and Spain all have decent teams too.
Now if only Roczen was on for team Germany alongside Nagl and Jacobi or Hsu
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/16/2017 5:51am
Hsu opted out for team Germany. Says he doesn't really feel German (he's born in Germany but other than that he's not really German and doesn't even speak German).
So the team will most probably be Nagl (MXGP), Ullrich (OPEN) and Jacobi (MX2).
They will make the announcement next week at the next ADAC race.
RG1
8/16/2017 10:09am
TDeath21 wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
There's not anything more going on, it's just a tactic that some teams have used in the past. It worked for them to great effect last year, so why change? Belgium have sometimes done the same thing in the past
TDeath21
8/16/2017 10:32am
scott_nz wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
There's not anything more going on, it's just a tactic that some teams have used in the past. It worked for them to great effect last...
There's not anything more going on, it's just a tactic that some teams have used in the past. It worked for them to great effect last year, so why change? Belgium have sometimes done the same thing in the past
Actually it didn't work all that great. Herlings is more than capable of going 1-1 against anyone in the world. Had he ridden against the top riders both motos, he very well could have done that. Febvre won the first moto. Had Herlings been MX1 and won it, that would be a 2 point swing in the Netherlands favor. France won by 1 point. I'd want Herlings riding against the best for both motos.
F.B
8/16/2017 3:12pm
Team Slovenia
67 Tim Gajser
68 Jan Pancar
69 Jernej Irt

Team Japan
52 Akira Narita
53 Takeru Kobayashi
54 Kei Yamamoto
alex69
8/17/2017 2:51am
TDeath21 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
There's not anything more going on, it's just a tactic that some teams have used in the past. It worked for them to great effect last...
TDeath21 wrote:
Actually it didn't work all that great. Herlings is more than capable of going 1-1 against anyone in the world. Had he ridden against the top...
Actually it didn't work all that great. Herlings is more than capable of going 1-1 against anyone in the world. Had he ridden against the top riders both motos, he very well could have done that. Febvre won the first moto. Had Herlings been MX1 and won it, that would be a 2 point swing in the Netherlands favor. France won by 1 point. I'd want Herlings riding against the best for both motos.
Herlings went down his first moto but was faster than Anderson so if he wasn't go down he had won.
And he won his second moto against the top mx1 guys without a break instead of the mx1 guys so I think the strategy worked very well.
Coldenhof lost 2 positions the last round that cost the Netherlands the first place.
Bogers is the weakest member of the team when he can make a top 10 we have a good change..
It's a team afford Herlings can go 1 1 but when the others have bad5 scores you still have nothing.
8/17/2017 4:54am
RG1 wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
Actually it didn't work all that great. Herlings is more than capable of going 1-1 against anyone in the world. Had he ridden against the top...
alex69 wrote:
Herlings went down his first moto but was faster than Anderson so if he wasn't go down he had won. And he won his second moto...
Herlings went down his first moto but was faster than Anderson so if he wasn't go down he had won.
And he won his second moto against the top mx1 guys without a break instead of the mx1 guys so I think the strategy worked very well.
Coldenhof lost 2 positions the last round that cost the Netherlands the first place.
Bogers is the weakest member of the team when he can make a top 10 we have a good change..
It's a team afford Herlings can go 1 1 but when the others have bad5 scores you still have nothing.
I'm going to act like you Euro's here. Herling's was pushing too hard to try to get around an injured Jason Anderson (broken foot) and he slid out. :D
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
8/18/2017 10:54am
updated NZ team, Rhys Carter out due to broken Collarbone,

MX1 - Cody Cooper
MX2 - Josiah Natzke
OPen - Hamish Harwood
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/18/2017 11:28am
Team Germany is confirmed.

Team Germany

Max Nagl MXGP
Dennis Ullrich MX Open
Henry Jacobi MX2

Yep
8/18/2017 1:36pm
Nagl will be in the mix up front and at least they will be in the final gate
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/18/2017 4:30pm
Germany is not confirmed yet. They always confirm it at a certain ADAC round which will be next week.

But yeah it will most probably be that team since Brian Hsu declined to race for Germany
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/18/2017 4:53pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Germany is not confirmed yet. They always confirm it at a certain ADAC round which will be next week. But yeah it will most probably be...
Germany is not confirmed yet. They always confirm it at a certain ADAC round which will be next week.

But yeah it will most probably be that team since Brian Hsu declined to race for Germany
I don't read German but looks confirmed according to the following.

http://www.mxon-team-germany.de/sample-page/das-mxon-team-germany-2017/
RG1
8/20/2017 11:25pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Germany is not confirmed yet. They always confirm it at a certain ADAC round which will be next week. But yeah it will most probably be...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
I don't read German but looks confirmed according to the following.

http://www.mxon-team-germany.de/sample-page/das-mxon-team-germany-2017/
If you go on their Facebook page there's a post on there that says it will be announced this weekend at Gaildorf as Crusty says.
struth
8/21/2017 1:36am Edited Date/Time 8/21/2017 1:37am
scott_nz wrote:

MX1 - Cody Cooper
MX2 - Josiah Natzke
OPen - Hamish Harwood
What the hell has happened to natzke.... was fighting for emx title few years back with Prado....now can't score a point in mx2
Motofinne
8/21/2017 1:37am
scott_nz wrote:

MX1 - Cody Cooper
MX2 - Josiah Natzke
OPen - Hamish Harwood
struth wrote:
What the hell has happened to natzke.... was fighting for emx title few years back with Prado....now can't score a point in mx2
Yeah that is a bit weird. He was so good on the 125 but ever since the move to the 250f things have gone sideways for him.
RG1
8/21/2017 1:44am
scott_nz wrote:

MX1 - Cody Cooper
MX2 - Josiah Natzke
OPen - Hamish Harwood
struth wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah that is a bit weird. He was so good on the 125 but ever since the move to the 250f things have gone sideways for...
Yeah that is a bit weird. He was so good on the 125 but ever since the move to the 250f things have gone sideways for him.
There's a reason Townley ditched him, and I don't think it was lack of talent
RG1
8/21/2017 4:49am
Team Czech Republic:
46- Petr Smitka
47- Filip Neugebauer
48- Jaromir Romancik
DeStouwer
8/21/2017 5:34am
RG1 wrote:
Team Czech Republic:
46- Petr Smitka
47- Filip Neugebauer
48- Jaromir Romancik
Neugebauer will ride MXGP and Smitka MX2.
RG1
8/21/2017 7:25am
RG1 wrote:
Team Czech Republic:
46- Petr Smitka
47- Filip Neugebauer
48- Jaromir Romancik
DeStouwer wrote:
Neugebauer will ride MXGP and Smitka MX2.
Ah my bad, interpreted Neugebauer's Instagram post wrong.

Post a reply to: Motocross of Nations 2017: official riders list

The Latest