Motocross Training Help!!!!

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
5/24/2015 11:36am
Maybe try road biking or mountain biking more then the gym for so many days. Its a great way to slim down.
duckonquack
5/24/2015 11:41am
Maybe try road biking or mountain biking more then the gym for so many days. Its a great way to slim down.
yeah ive watched a lot of training videos and thats what the pros use, but im only 15 so any money i got is going to motocross cant really get my hands on a bike any time soon
moto726
5/24/2015 12:12pm
So I can give you something's to try but in the end everyone is different and different things work for different people..

1) ditch the muscle milk, it's high in fat and if you're trying to slim down I suggest checking out Ryno power products, it's a little cheaper and their products are geared more towards action sport specific type things.

2) don't ditch the weights, just use lighter weight with more reps, you'll get the cutting you're looking for and start to build some endurance. Check out racer x virtual trainer, lots of great moto specific workouts on there that will help you Taylor your own workout program.

3) running is great for cardio, also if you work out at your school hop on the stationary bike and start cranking out the miles, it's great cardio and low impact.

4) when you do your motos mix in some sprint laps with your regular riding that you do, you'll be amazed at the workout you'll get from doing a few "sets" of sprint laps. Also find the fast guy at your local track and try your best to stay with him.

Last thing I can tell you is set goals for yourself to reach whether it be on the bike or off. Hope this helps and good luck with your training.
duckonquack
5/24/2015 1:31pm
moto726 wrote:
So I can give you something's to try but in the end everyone is different and different things work for different people.. 1) ditch the muscle...
So I can give you something's to try but in the end everyone is different and different things work for different people..

1) ditch the muscle milk, it's high in fat and if you're trying to slim down I suggest checking out Ryno power products, it's a little cheaper and their products are geared more towards action sport specific type things.

2) don't ditch the weights, just use lighter weight with more reps, you'll get the cutting you're looking for and start to build some endurance. Check out racer x virtual trainer, lots of great moto specific workouts on there that will help you Taylor your own workout program.

3) running is great for cardio, also if you work out at your school hop on the stationary bike and start cranking out the miles, it's great cardio and low impact.

4) when you do your motos mix in some sprint laps with your regular riding that you do, you'll be amazed at the workout you'll get from doing a few "sets" of sprint laps. Also find the fast guy at your local track and try your best to stay with him.

Last thing I can tell you is set goals for yourself to reach whether it be on the bike or off. Hope this helps and good luck with your training.
Can I use the muscle milk as a meal replacement, just wondering cause I got a big carton of it and don't really want to throw it away

The Shop

duckonquack
5/24/2015 1:35pm
moto726 wrote:
So I can give you something's to try but in the end everyone is different and different things work for different people.. 1) ditch the muscle...

Can I use the muscle milk as a meal replacement, just wondering cause I got a big carton of it and don't really want to throw...
Can I use the muscle milk as a meal replacement, just wondering cause I got a big carton of it and don't really want to throw it away
Oh and btw I also have some amplified wheybolic extreme 60 powder has 280 calories per 3 scoops and 10 from fat. 60 g of protein 7 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of sugar would this work it seems considerably less than the muscle milk
5/24/2015 1:54pm
the topic you address with your questions is too complex and comprehensive to give an educated answer in here.

I'd suggest try racerxvt.com and start reading there. You will find all answers you need. they even offer individual training plans for 20 bucks a month and you can cancel at each point in time. good luck
moto726
5/24/2015 1:58pm
Oh and btw I also have some amplified wheybolic extreme 60 powder has 280 calories per 3 scoops and 10 from fat. 60 g of protein...
Oh and btw I also have some amplified wheybolic extreme 60 powder has 280 calories per 3 scoops and 10 from fat. 60 g of protein 7 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of sugar would this work it seems considerably less than the muscle milk
The issue with the protein shake as a meal replacement is the nutritional value you're truly getting, so if you go that route you have to look at other things like the carbs and calories and all that good stuff, most protein shakes pack a lot of protein a small amount of calories and some carbs, you can always add a portion of a scoop to frozen fruit or make your own mixture of a shake....keep in mind you're trying to build lean muscle, that's an awful lot of protein to be trying to slim down
Idaho747
5/24/2015 3:25pm
moto726 wrote:

Can I use the muscle milk as a meal replacement, just wondering cause I got a big carton of it and don't really want to throw...
Oh and btw I also have some amplified wheybolic extreme 60 powder has 280 calories per 3 scoops and 10 from fat. 60 g of protein...
I used to use that but your body can't even process 60g of protein at once knock it down to one scoop. The stuff I use now is this

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/optimum-nutrition/everyday-gold-stand…

I buy it in 11pounfs of bulk size just cause it's cheaper and easier for me. It's alot cheaper than than the gnc stuff. And tastes better in my opinion also.
5/24/2015 3:45pm
You can keep the muscle milk and use it for meal replacement or before bed if you had a really brutal day since it has casein which is a slow digesting protein that will keep you fuller longer. Best thing to get to stay lean is whey protein isolates. I recommend ISO 100, but ryno power or any other brand should work. Check bodybuilding.com or amazon for good deals, or possibly keep an eye on your local GNC or Vitamin Shoppe for when they have BOGO deals or something crazy.

To lose weight, just remember that your body is basically a thermodynamic engine, energy in is equal to energy stored plus energy expended, meaning that an easy way to slim down a little is eat a little better and work out. Avoiding dairy, red meats, and junk foods is what I do but to each their own.

Fitness wise, I would say you are pretty good, lifting and cardio are key, but make sure to stretch whenever you can to help prevent injury.

I would say that the best workout you need to get faster is more bike time. Make sure to stay healthy and rested so that you can always go riding when it fits in your schedule. Just remember that getting faster is a process and will not happen over night. Good Luck!
fidiot
5/24/2015 5:45pm
I was my fastest back when i would run and mountain bike togethet, alternating the activities. I was hitting the weights too of course. You do not neef a $2,000 MTB. My first one had no suspension and was maybe $250. That was 15yrs ago though. It got the job done though.
5/24/2015 7:15pm
I bought a mountain bike back in late march and have rode local trails 3x a week since then and it has helped tremendously. When I get on the dirt bike now I feel like I can ride forever. My heart rate stays level and my breathing is much better. I just don't get as fatigued and it pisses my riding buddies off.

As far as diet I have always stayed away from supplements or "super drinks". As soon as I wake up, before I even scratch my nuts, I slam 32oz of ice cold water. I eat a good breakfast like hard boiled eggs, a bowl of oatmeal or granola, and fruit like some melon or a mango (my favorite) with black coffee or orange juice (no added sugar or anything else, just fruit juice and water). Lunch is usually an avocado, rice with beans or grilled (or baked) chicken, some almonds, and another serving of fruit; strawberries, dates (nature's caramel), or an orange and 32oz of water. Supper is grilled chicken, fresh fish or lean red meat (not too often), a vegetable like asparagus, steamed broccoli, carrots, salad (no dressing, olive oil and balsamic vinegar) or a baked potato and more water. Water water water!!!!!! At least a gallon a day. When I'm feeling snacky I will have some hummus on celery, dates, or some nuts.

Stay away from refined sugars (basically anything that is not naturally sweet), bread, processed meats (deli meat or pre seasoned/flavored meats) and fats like butter, veg oil and cooking spray. Typically anything that is not in its natural, unaltered state is not good.

The first month is gonna suck so bad. You will crave sugar and feel hungry even after you have finished your meal. I found it very difficult to drink so much water when I wasn't even thirsty. What helped me the most was slicing up a couple lemons and putting them in my water pitcher in the fridge. It just adds a sweetness and a bit of flavor that makes it go down much easier, plus added vitamins and minerals. After that I have never felt so good in my life. I don't get headaches, stomach aches, acne breakouts or colds. I sleep better, breathe better and for sure ride my dirt bike so much better.
olympiamann
5/24/2015 7:44pm
fidiot wrote:
I was my fastest back when i would run and mountain bike togethet, alternating the activities. I was hitting the weights too of course. You do...
I was my fastest back when i would run and mountain bike togethet, alternating the activities. I was hitting the weights too of course. You do not neef a $2,000 MTB. My first one had no suspension and was maybe $250. That was 15yrs ago though. It got the job done though.
The Concept 2 rower is badass for cardio, Running a 30 minute loop in the hills(CHEAP WORKOUT) along with some of the workout stuff from Gary Semics and Ryno while using GNC Lean protein or Ryno's protein and completely wearing out my RMZ is what helped me get the Vet B championship here in Podunk Wyo last year...DANG I BETTER GET BACK AT IT....When I really put in an all out effort on that rower and pushed it running the hills I was totally amazed at how my problem with arm pump and hand cramping was gone and I could actually ride a 20 or 30 min moto....If your as slow as I am the endurance really pays off big....Good luck..

Post a reply to: Motocross Training Help!!!!

The Latest