Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
8/25/2013 10:02am
Haha! Nicely done.
kx1984
8/25/2013 10:08am
Bring it back and make it Round 1 !

And thanks for wasting everyones time and money (lots of money I'm sure) dicking around with lake beds and whatever else.

The joke is over.

Glen Helen with Jody back in the drivers seat for design. Do it !
Adam43
8/25/2013 10:18am
88sdad wrote:
It would take way to much time and money to make it flat
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
8/25/2013 10:24am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2013 10:25am
I predict every track will different in about 3 years. Those tracks that will most likely get the boot early - Unadilla, Mt Morris, Red Bud, Budds Creek, Hangtown.
Choppy
8/25/2013 10:24am
Maybe when they complete the improvements they said they would in the last contract....
ridge
8/25/2013 10:32am
Ramrod wrote:
Haha! Nicely done.
Yeah, that was solid!
uk125250
8/25/2013 12:28pm
88sdad wrote:
It would take way to much time and money to make it flat
Fantastic.
newmann
8/25/2013 1:08pm
Didn't Glen Helen have lap times pushing three minutes? 2:00 seems to be the new math....
watson
8/25/2013 1:32pm
Choppy wrote:
Maybe when they complete the improvements they said they would in the last contract....
Maybe if they got another 3 year contract, those expenditures would be validated.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4002nd
8/25/2013 1:38pm
Choppy wrote:
watson wrote:
Maybe if they got another 3 year contract, those expenditures would be validated.
They tried that on the last contract, why would this time be any different? Works both ways. I'd love to see GH back, but apparently there's underlining problems we aren't compeletley aware of.
watson
8/25/2013 2:08pm
Choppy wrote:
watson wrote:
They tried that on the last contract, why would this time be any different? Works both ways. I'd love to see GH back, but apparently there's...
They tried that on the last contract, why would this time be any different? Works both ways. I'd love to see GH back, but apparently there's underlining problems we aren't compeletley aware of.
Because they got dropped the last time they didn't make the contracted improvements? I'm not saying either side is blameless, but they both owe it to the fans to bring this round back. I haven't heard any fan say Elsinore or Pala is an improvement over GH.
88sdad
8/25/2013 2:20pm
If any of you could read smoke signals, you'd already know Glen Helen is back for 2014.

Don't trust jungle drum's, just a hint
500guy
8/25/2013 2:22pm
Lots of things would need to be worked out including Jody not submarining everything with his horse shit editorials.

So far what we see as far as Southern California is only an existing Track with adequate resources would be able to have the event.
Outsider
8/25/2013 2:22pm
88sdad wrote:
If any of you could read smoke signals, you'd already know Glen Helen is back for 2014.

Need an official PR

Wink
slipdog
8/25/2013 2:38pm
88sdad wrote:

Did you get all that from hot boxing your bus? Those arn't drums dude, It's my skull... I'm wasted!!!
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
8/25/2013 5:19pm
newmann wrote:
Didn't Glen Helen have lap times pushing three minutes? 2:00 seems to be the new math....
When they added the REM part of the place it went up, but it is easy to cut that part out and keep it around 2:15...
Paul333
8/25/2013 5:27pm
burn1986 wrote:
I predict every track will different in about 3 years. Those tracks that will most likely get the boot early - Unadilla, Mt Morris, Red Bud...
I predict every track will different in about 3 years. Those tracks that will most likely get the boot early - Unadilla, Mt Morris, Red Bud, Budds Creek, Hangtown.
I hope you are wrong.

I also agree with the other members in that Glen Helen needs to be back on the schedule. MX Sports, Glen Helen management, and MXA need to put the past behind them and make this happen.
Melicar
8/25/2013 6:31pm
I've been to the national at Glen Helen several times and always thought it was a top notch facility. I know I make the drive down south to watch it, especially if it was the first round!
Seamorbutts
8/25/2013 6:51pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2013 6:53pm
If we can't get Glen Helen back, then please give Texas another shot. Texas only has the best dirt in the Nation, with trees!!!!!
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
8/26/2013 11:28am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2013 11:29am
500guy wrote:
Lots of things would need to be worked out including Jody not submarining everything with his horse shit editorials. So far what we see as far...
Lots of things would need to be worked out including Jody not submarining everything with his horse shit editorials.

So far what we see as far as Southern California is only an existing Track with adequate resources would be able to have the event.
Jay, I totally agree with you as far as the track's place as a SoCal national venue relative to other options. But that and peoples blind affection for it is what gives Bud leverage to screw with people.

That guy is the problem. As far as I know he still has not paid the Asterisk Rig for the services they provided at the last GP to cover the Fim requirements. His people "checks in the mail"ed them for a year before he blew them off. And there isn't two sides to this story; it's a pure bs stiff arm. That's just a small picture of dealing with this guy, and it's consistent with the stories that existed before MX Sports was promoting the series. There's nothing to suggest that he's an acceptable business partner who isn't going to screw someone when it serves his purpose, regardless of what he may "promise." Any notion of putting Glen Helen back on the schedule that doesn't take this into account, especially when it comes to criticizing MX Sports ( and sorry DC but there's some legitimate criticism over Elsinore), is delusional and, frankly, counterproductive because its only going to encourage Bud and his crew to keep it business as usual. Honestly, I think it's more likely that we'll see no SoCal national than one at Glen Helen unless something radically changes with the tracks management.
COAL-TRAIN
8/26/2013 12:30pm
500guy wrote:
Lots of things would need to be worked out including Jody not submarining everything with his horse shit editorials. So far what we see as far...

Jay, I totally agree with you as far as the track's place as a SoCal national venue relative to other options. But that and peoples blind...
Jay, I totally agree with you as far as the track's place as a SoCal national venue relative to other options. But that and peoples blind affection for it is what gives Bud leverage to screw with people.

That guy is the problem. As far as I know he still has not paid the Asterisk Rig for the services they provided at the last GP to cover the Fim requirements. His people "checks in the mail"ed them for a year before he blew them off. And there isn't two sides to this story; it's a pure bs stiff arm. That's just a small picture of dealing with this guy, and it's consistent with the stories that existed before MX Sports was promoting the series. There's nothing to suggest that he's an acceptable business partner who isn't going to screw someone when it serves his purpose, regardless of what he may "promise." Any notion of putting Glen Helen back on the schedule that doesn't take this into account, especially when it comes to criticizing MX Sports ( and sorry DC but there's some legitimate criticism over Elsinore), is delusional and, frankly, counterproductive because its only going to encourage Bud and his crew to keep it business as usual. Honestly, I think it's more likely that we'll see no SoCal national than one at Glen Helen unless something radically changes with the tracks management.
That national ran fine year after year after year. All of a sudden DC comes in making demands and without offering more than a one year contract if I am not mistaken. I know there are 2 sides but there is a picture being painted here. To me it looks like DC was asking for improvements without offering a multi-year contract and through firm negotiations Bud finally said fuck you to DC. He Dosnt need the National, the facility does fine without it. I would have done the same thing if I were him.
Ill make the improvements if I am offer a reasonable deal...why put all this money into a facility w no guarentees that they will even be a race after one year? And why all of a sudden is the track or its facilities not good enough for DC? It was fine for years! And how in the hell can DC take the series to MMP and Elsinore and claim its an improvement or that the series is headed in a better direction? And the whole Southwick deal...we have new promoters that are as solid as they come ready to step up...but it dosnt look like that made any difference. DC was to have us believe that the track opperators/promoters were pushed out when the truth is they simply retired. The Legion was blamed at first but its clear now they tried to do what they could in negotiations and did a good job of getting new promoters lined up.
This is deeper than Bud Feldcamp or GH...something stinks here!
Racer92
8/26/2013 12:52pm
If we can't get Glen Helen back, then please give Texas another shot. Texas only has the best dirt in the Nation, with trees!!!!!
After watching Tony get kicked to the curb (after dropping MAJOR coin to please people) I dont see anyone with any semblance of business sense stepping up.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
8/26/2013 12:56pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2013 12:57pm
It wasn't fine for years. It's a matter of fact that the AMA, five years or so before it sold the series to DMG and passed through to MX Sports, threatened to cut off Glen Helen, but entered into a new contract based on representations that were apparently not fulfilled. Bud told MX Sports to F off because it was clear his word wasn't going to be taken as good any longer and his leash was going to be short.

Be pissed about Elsinore, or about what you want to believe about Southwick, but deal with Glen Helen as the problem it is by itself.

Post a reply to: Motocross Fans have Important message for Glen Helen

The Latest