Motocross BBQ Meals

Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
724th
Edited Date/Time 4/15/2012 5:22pm
With the MX Nationals just around the corner I have had many discussions with folks on here in the past that we need a recipe tab, many of us have our kick-ass meals outside of the tent/camper the night before the Nationals or a big event. and even a Good recipe for at home.
Here is my attempt to make Vital a place to find Awesome recipes for the Motocross park.

STEAKS: who doesn't love a good steak while at the track?

Night before:

Put 4 good cut Ribeys from your favorite meat market in a large plastic zip-tie bag
Next add 1/2 cup Soy sauce
4 TBL spoons Sesame oil
3 dashes Brown sugar
1 tbl of Ginger
Course salt
EDIT>> Ooops forgot the Garlic clove

let that marinate in your cooler until your ready to cook and place a grill top over your camp-fire with a couple clumps of mesquite Cook until the cow shuts up. Don't ever cook steak well done, your cooking all the goods out of it. Enjoy!

Whats your easy BBQ meal from the "Pits?"Smile
|
pitbike502
4/13/2012 7:13pm
want to make everyone jealous in the pits??

instant awesomeness only found in the northeast.
TerryK
4/13/2012 7:14pm
Ive been using this teriaki style marinade for years and I can tell you bill is spot on. Amazing.

The Shop

MR. X
4/14/2012 8:05am
With the MX Nationals just around the corner I have had many discussions with folks on here in the past that we need a recipe tab...
With the MX Nationals just around the corner I have had many discussions with folks on here in the past that we need a recipe tab, many of us have our kick-ass meals outside of the tent/camper the night before the Nationals or a big event. and even a Good recipe for at home.
Here is my attempt to make Vital a place to find Awesome recipes for the Motocross park.

STEAKS: who doesn't love a good steak while at the track?

Night before:

Put 4 good cut Ribeys from your favorite meat market in a large plastic zip-tie bag
Next add 1/2 cup Soy sauce
4 TBL spoons Sesame oil
3 dashes Brown sugar
1 tbl of Ginger
Course salt
EDIT>> Ooops forgot the Garlic clove

let that marinate in your cooler until your ready to cook and place a grill top over your camp-fire with a couple clumps of mesquite Cook until the cow shuts up. Don't ever cook steak well done, your cooking all the goods out of it. Enjoy!

Whats your easy BBQ meal from the "Pits?"Smile
That's a rather aggressive marinate to be leaving in a plastic bag, that should be put in a glass container for best results
SteveS
4/14/2012 8:17am
While I agree that marinade will taste good, I am not sure I'd do that to a ribeye. They tste good with nothing on them, and are the juiciest steak there is already. I think I'd use a marinade like tat on a sirloin or a flatiron steak, grill medium rare over high heat and then rest 10 min before slicing diagonally across the grain.
Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
724th
4/14/2012 2:46pm
Thxs Terry, glad you know what I'm talking about and Mr X I put it in a plastic bag because it sits well in a cooler with-out harm and it flexes for the marinade to absorb. Keep in mind I am keeping the low budget camper in mind not the 40 foot trailer peeps.

And you are right Steve as I would eat the Ribeye for whats it worth too but as you stated it goes well with other meats that need help.

Was hoping to garner some recipes from you guys/Gals but looks like I did nothing but pry the negative in some folks.

Here is another good recipe for Chicken wings I hope you'll try.

CHICKEN WINGS: THIS IS A KICK-ASS WING so you won't mind the extra work while your eating them, they are delicious.

equal parts,
1) Sea salt
2)Lemon Pepper
3) Peprika
Sprinkle wings with rub and set inside refrigerator night before you leave for race.

In sauce pan over medium heat:
1/2 cup butter or stick of butter
4 garlic cloves minced
1/3 cup dejon Mustard
1/3 cup hot sauce
1/3 cup Lemon juice
1/3 cup Brown sugar 1/3 cup fresh ground Black pepper
Boil to marinade let cool then put in tupper ware type bowl and put in cooler
set aside at least a 1/2 cup for dipping

COOK:

Heat grill or coals as I prefer
40 minutes of indirect grilling while basting wings with Marinade out of your tupper ware bowl.
last 5 minutes put wings over direct heat to crispen.

Serve with saved marinade for dipping and your favorite beer or soda for the kids

ENJOY!
SteveS
4/14/2012 4:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/15/2012 11:47am
One of those little Weber smokers is a great thing to use. Take your whole chickens, rub them inside and out with something like Crazy Jane's seasoning salt, or a Cajun seasoning, or a BBQ rub. Put them in in the morning after practice when the motos start. Then just go about your business and when it's suppertime, they are the absolute best.

newmann
4/14/2012 4:54pm
A nicely marbled angus ribeye just needs a rubdown with some good olive oil, coarse ground black pepper and some kosher salt. Grill it to a nice medium and enjoy something simply amazing.
bigmaico
4/14/2012 6:09pm
How about some Beer but chicken?

All you need is a whole chicken & a beer can holder.

Remove all the worthless guts & then get half a can of beer ( you can figure out how to get the can half empty) cover the chicken with some pepper & stuff the neck opening with a potato.

Slide the chicken over the the can of beer & the holder & cook @ 350 for an hour.
Clutchy
4/14/2012 6:15pm
newmann wrote:
A nicely marbled angus ribeye just needs a rubdown with some good olive oil, coarse ground black pepper and some kosher salt. Grill it to a...
A nicely marbled angus ribeye just needs a rubdown with some good olive oil, coarse ground black pepper and some kosher salt. Grill it to a nice medium and enjoy something simply amazing.
That's exactly what I was thinking, olive oil, black pepper, very little salt and some crushed garlic. I can appreciate what Mr Bills saying, but I'm wondering how his blood pressure is....lol. Give that steak a sodium bath...lol.
Just kidding Bill..... ( Kinda )

Fillets and Ribeye's are best with minimum seasoning. I subscribe to the KISS ( Keep It Simple Stupid ) method while camping or at the moto's.

Chicken with some bulls eye bbq sauce, potato salad, beans and some corn on the cob cooked in the husk.

Burgers or Tri tip.
Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
724th
4/14/2012 6:32pm
bigmaico wrote:
How about some Beer but chicken? All you need is a whole chicken & a beer can holder. Remove all the worthless guts & then get...
How about some Beer but chicken?

All you need is a whole chicken & a beer can holder.

Remove all the worthless guts & then get half a can of beer ( you can figure out how to get the can half empty) cover the chicken with some pepper & stuff the neck opening with a potato.

Slide the chicken over the the can of beer & the holder & cook @ 350 for an hour.
This I have had bigmaico and it is great, thxs for sharing!
neverwas
Fantasy
740th
4/14/2012 6:47pm
When's the next camping trip?
All those recipes sound great.
normanmx
4/14/2012 6:49pm
We got us an interesting thread now!!! please dont go dump it with any Stewie shit please!!!!
I will post some great tailgating ideas tomorrow when im sober.
rohleder644
4/14/2012 9:15pm
That all sounds killer
I actually prefer shitty camp food at the races/riding trips. Breakfast burritos, deli sandwiches, and cheeseburgers are all the more diversity I want in the menu. It just feels right
dcg141
4/15/2012 7:34am Edited Date/Time 4/15/2012 7:37am
Bill, I love a good steak as much as anyone...and that sounds like a great recipe. But I'm from Mississippi and that is grilling and this is BBQ.
Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
724th
4/15/2012 11:05am
dcg141 wrote:
Bill, I love a good steak as much as anyone...and that sounds like a great recipe. But I'm from Mississippi and that is grilling and this...
Bill, I love a good steak as much as anyone...and that sounds like a great recipe. But I'm from Mississippi and that is grilling and this is BBQ.
glad you said something dcg141, here is my rib mix

RIBS:

For the rub;

2 tbls paprika
1 tbls black pepper 1 tbls dark brow sugar
1.5 tea spoon salt
1.5 tea spoon celery salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tea spoon dry mustard 1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 tea spoon cayenne pepper

FOR THE MOP SAUCE:

2 CUPS distilled white vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup dijon mustard
1 table spoon salt

2 cups hickory chips or chunks soaked in cold water

Wash the rib and blot dry, remove the thin papery skin on the back
Combine the ingredients for the rub in a mixing bowl and stir with your fingers.
rub 2/3 of the mix on the ribs both sides.
transfer the ribs to a roasting pan and let marinate for at least four hours. preferably over night before you goto the races.

Set up the grill for indirect grilling, medium heat (350 deg) place a drip pan in the middle if using a gas grill place all the chips in a smoker box and preheat the grill to high. when the smoke appers lower the heat to medium

If using charcoal toss the wood chips on the coals
place the ribs on the grill over the drip pan and cover the grill, cook the ribs 11/4 to 11/2 hours

Start basting with the mop sauce about a half hour in and every 15 minutes to keep the ribs moist.
pull the ribs off when done and sprinkle the remaining rub on both sides of the ribs

HINT: Ribs are done when the meat starts to pull away from the ends of the bone as seen in photo above

Hope you try it and like it ENJOY!
dcg141
4/15/2012 5:22pm
Sounds like a top notch rib recipe.

Post a reply to: Motocross BBQ Meals

The Latest