MotoXdream fanatics...

hoots3pak
12/14/2008 1:10pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:32pm
I got the bike and it is awesome. Thanks Steve Flanders from MXD, and Jarrod from MotoSport for putting it together. For everyone that has not heard MotoSport is now running the game and it should be back up any day. See you guys at A1

Hoots3pak
|
12/14/2008 2:24pm
good to hear.. still not too satisfied with motoxdream.. I won 2 weekends during outdoors, and it stated that you get plastic sets for a race win I believe,(i know it was something) and I havent recieved anything. Its a scam, I wont play again, even though it was fun. But good to hear someone got a prize.
chadwik74
12/14/2008 2:27pm
I find it fun.....but also find it hard to commit to every weekend. You miss it once and your hooped. I can't seem to make the right picks either so I think I'll sit this one out.
MXerDW
12/14/2008 2:37pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 9:31pm
mxracr125 wrote:
good to hear.. still not too satisfied with motoxdream.. I won 2 weekends during outdoors, and it stated that you get plastic sets for a race...
good to hear.. still not too satisfied with motoxdream.. I won 2 weekends during outdoors, and it stated that you get plastic sets for a race win I believe,(i know it was something) and I havent recieved anything. Its a scam, I wont play again, even though it was fun. But good to hear someone got a prize.
You are way out of line saying its a scam. Did you try contacting someone before talking shit? You probably did not have your address and personal info filled out. What was your team name and I will look into it?

I have been playing MXD since 2000 and always have received the prizes I had won.
chadwik74
12/14/2008 2:43pm
I got a shirt and hat sent to me last year.....it's definetly not a scam, just hard to keep up on a weekly bases. Especially picking 5 different leauges.

The Shop

SPYGUY
Fantasy
885th
12/14/2008 3:15pm
I've heard absolutely nothing about the prize packages I was supposed to have received.

To me, when you run a league and promise prizes, you should deliver them promptly.
MXerDW
12/14/2008 3:45pm
Last year I received my prizes right before christmas, hopefully they are working on everyone prizes. Sorry to hear you guys have not heard anything yet.

CONGRATS hoots3pak!!
12/14/2008 4:32pm
outdoors i was "everything last minute" and "work for free mx" me and a buddy.
hoots3pak
12/14/2008 4:43pm
This is from the horses mouth. No one has recieved any prizes after week 4.. Reason. sponsors have lagged getting prizes to motoxdream. He has all of the prizes now and MotoSport has bought the game. so while they tweek the web site its down and Steve has no access to names and add. because he cant get into the web site. I got my bike, for first place overall. He still owes me for winning the fox,no fear, and msr divisions, and second in the evs division. Its not a scam I've been to his house. he wants the shit out more than any of us want it. Info is available at motospace.com...

Hes 1 dude working his ass off for our prizes.
12/14/2008 4:50pm
the guy who won the bike, has been to the guys house who runs the fantasy league?

curious..

again, i paid, i won prizes according to the rules, u worked me, congrats, but still promises werent fullfilled and I wont be playing again and all my buddies feel the same way. say sorry to yur buddy for me.
Truman
12/14/2008 5:01pm
I've heard absolutely nothing about the prize packages I was supposed to have received either. I won a few outdoors and lead the series for awhile. Congrats to you hoots.

I agree with SPYGUY when you run a league and promise prizes, you should deliver them promptly.Or atleast contact us with why we have yet to receive anything. I had fun but I won't be playing again.
MXerDW
12/14/2008 5:07pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2008 5:13pm
I e-mailed Steve and he will be here shortly to clear things up.
Sorry you guys have your panties all wadded up for no reason.

It takes time to get all the prizes and get them all sent out.
MXD is the best fantasy league out there IMO.
hoots3pak
12/14/2008 5:23pm
thanks dudes it was a fun season.. but like I said steve didnt get the prizes from the sponsors, and now cant get into the web site to even contact anyone... so due to catastophic conditions out of steve's control he cant send the prizes or contact anyone who won..... but he will he's a stand up dude....

Hoots
SPYGUY
Fantasy
885th
12/14/2008 5:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 9:31pm
I'm actually cool with it. It made the outdoor season 10x more exciting to me and I can't wait for the season to start up again.

Kind of worried to hear motosport bought it and is changing the site up. Hopefully the format will stay the same.

Hoots, you gotta post a picture of that thing!
12/14/2008 5:42pm
This is to address SPYGUY, Truman, mxracr125 and anyone else who has not rec'd prizes.

hoots3pak pretty much explained it it his most recent post, but I will explain again possibly with additional detail.

In our normal operation since I have run the league in 2005, we would ship prizes on Monday following every event, the only exception to this would be the need to sort out a TIE. This season (2008) was different for one VERY IMPORTANT reason... many of our sponsors did not follow through on promises to supply products. Maybe because they sucked, or maybe because the economy was killing them, who knows, but they were not coming through for us. Because of this, we were not able to maintain our prompt shipping as we have in the past. We struggled week-in and week-out to get sponsors to actually give us the prizes they had agreed on as part of their contracts with MXD.

At some point early in the MX series, it became too much work to chase prizes AND run the day-to-day functions of the league, so running the league took priority with the idea that we would ship what we had from sponsors that did come through, and chase the rest after MX ended. That is EXACTLY what we did, and we now have all our porizes in-house with the exception of ASV stuff since they NEVER came through, and we will make that up with something else.

The problem now is this - The site got hacked almost daily from mid-Sept until we locked the database in late-October. The loopholes were found and closed, but the damage to the database was already done and has required a considerable amount of tedious cleaning to get it back, however IT"S NOT DONE YET. So at this very moment I personally have ZERO access to addresses, history or winners, prizes package details, etc...

MotoXDream has NEVER left anyone hanging on prizes, EVER... and we won't be leaving anyone hanging for 2008 MX either. You will get your prizes as soon as I can get the info i need out of our database. We are not running a scam, and have continually run the most professional fantasy league available. If you have any additional questions, please contact me directly by calling 951-201-2391 or by emailing me steve@motoxdream.com.

Going forward into the 2009 season, MotoSport.com will be handling the shippment of prizes and the securing of such prizes. In my opinion their involvement will be awesome for the league and the players. Their commitment of resources and support has been excellent in the past, and I truly believe that 2009 is going to be the best season to date. As far as I know, they are going to credit EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT PLAYS with a $25 credit to spend at MotoSport.com, so playing the 2009 season will be like playing for FREE.

jock
Fantasy
1st
12/14/2008 7:00pm
In the 3 years I have been playing MXD, Steve has sent every prize I have won.
And I live in Australia. Here are a few of them. Smile

Certainly not a scam.

hoots3pak
12/15/2008 8:18am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 9:31pm
whats up jock? the bike is bitchen. i cant get a pic to upload give me your email and I will email some pics..
Hoots
TheWeapon
Fantasy
51st
12/15/2008 9:19am
I'll definitely be back - have had an awesome time the past few years, despite being so close and yet so far....top 5 in a few seasons...but no bike....yet!

I'm still owed a couple of prizes from the MX season, but I'm sure the guys will get them out. I played from Australia for a few seasons, and am now in the US - receiving prizes was never an issue until last season, and I really feel for those MXD guys with the sponsor issues they are having.

Let us know when the site is ready to go for SX09!!!
crowe176
12/15/2008 9:31am
What's it cost to play? And what's the game? Do you just pick riders and where they're going to finish, or is it like a fantasy thing?

If it's like fantasy football, you can just ship me the bike now.
hoots3pak
12/15/2008 9:57am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 9:31pm
LoL i dont know how to put a pick up like jock did but I won the last series. motoxdream is the web site,and this game smokes fantasy football. no comparision.. I cant get the pic to open
MXerDW
12/15/2008 10:04am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 9:31pm
Here is the pic of hoots3pak with his new ride from MXD
hoots3pak
12/15/2008 10:07am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 9:31pm
thak you. I even have a college degree and cant figure this out.

damn that was fast now I really feel like an idiot
hoots3pak
12/15/2008 10:19am
I tried every method I could think of to post a pic but no dice. so I do appreciate it.
Hoots
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
12/15/2008 10:48am
Steve (motoxdream.com) is a good guy, and has always been true to what he says he's going to do. If he says he's going to make good on all the prizes, I'd expect that's what's going to happen.
Rooster
12/15/2008 11:27am
I played for years and received everything the site ever owed me. When Steve took it over from Denny all the problems disappeared overnight. He's a great guy and I'm confident he'll come through in the end. He always has in the past.

The only thing I ever got stiffed for was some cash from the highstakes division weekly side bets. But that was between us all privately and had nothing to do with the site.

Lesson learned. Denny Stephenson is a deadbeat gambler.
David Izer
12/15/2008 3:59pm Edited Date/Time 12/15/2008 4:00pm
MXD is the real deal and I sincerely believe all will be made right. Steve is a great guy, fan of the sport, and has really tried to make his series the best in the business.
James718
12/15/2008 4:41pm
Hey this is James from MotoSport and I came across this thread and wanted to shine some light on 2009 Fantasy Supercross season.

We have purchased the software from Steve and with his help we're going to have the biggest season ever. In the past Steve has charged $25 to participate and were not going to change that, but here's the best part. Of that $25 bucks, $5 will be donated to the Rider Down Foundation. Just that should entice people to play, because that's giving back to our community. In addition to that, MotoSport.com will send you a $20 gift certificate for you to spend on what ever. With that said, whoever chooses to participate is essentially playing for free.

Ok here's the topper, we've confirmed and made the payment to Bill Keefe (MSO Team MGR.) for Tommy Hahn' '08 Kawasaki KX450F for the grand prize. As Hoots can vouch this isn't some crap that is thrown together to make it look like a race bike, it's the real deal.

As far as getting the weekly prizes sent, I'll be the one who packages it up and ships it. So no whining to Steve if you haven't received it, because it's my head on the chopping block. And I'm not looking to get a new neck tie.

So pony up boys and girls for an outstanding year of Supercross. The website is getting tuned up and should be ready soon (by end of week). www.motoxdream.com.

Since I'm not on here much and if you have any questions you can contact me over at MotoSpace.com or email me via vital (if you can).
hoots3pak
12/15/2008 9:10pm
Thank You James,

You know I've had a great off-season, and testing has been going great. My team is working hard and im finally healthy so i"m looking forward for a great season. I hired 2 tarot card readers, and a hypntist to get me mentally prepared so it should be good. I've also hired David Blane to help me with my starts, because if you want be up front with these guys you cant afford to start mid-pack. Good luck MXdream dudes. see you Jan 3rd.

I almost forgot. James is there going to be a chat room on race day where we can get together and talk crap about guys like bodybag picking 4 hot riders in each class with handicaps of 15? thanks again, I cant wait..

Hoots
TerryK
12/16/2008 5:14pm
I can't imagine an SX or MX season without being signed up for MXDream and chatting with other players in the DMXS chat while listening to the live webcast and watching the Live@Wire!! lol, a lot going on and a really great way to pass the cold winter with some good moto friends!

Thanks for everything Steve, you are a stand up guy! And good luck to MotoSport.com, you've got some big shoes to fill in Steve's. I'm confident it will be great!

Post a reply to: MotoXdream fanatics...

The Latest