MotoConcepts Team Member Experience

MCRacing
Edited Date/Time 3/7/2014 9:40pm
MCR received the following letter.....

This email is about my behind the scenes experience in Indy with the MCR team. I will be mailing a letter to your company to pass along to the team and staff. I will also post pics and details about my experience on FB and Instagram as soon as I get a chance. First off, thank you for getting this set up for me and thanks to Mike G. for allowing it to happen.

From 9am when Tony met me at the gate until midnight when I left Lucas Oil Stadium my time with the team was absolutely amazing. For Tony, Danielle, Mike, Kyle, Noah, Dave, Danny, Aaron, Jerry and even Kyle's dad Curt to take the time during their very busy day to make me feel like a part of the team was incredible. From the start Tony said I was free to do whatever I would like and follow any member of the team around. He was very open to any questions I had and as I observed him throughout the day, he is very focused and passionate about the team and their progress. From him talking over strategy with the riders and mechanics before, during and after practices to him meeting with others within the industry and the fans, he was always looking for ways and discussing how to make the bike setup perfect for the conditions of the track and was very professional in doing so. Top notch team mgr in my opinion!

Before practices began, I participated in the track walk with Tony and Mike. They both would stop and discuss track lines and strategy with one and another. They would then turn to me and make sure I understood what they were saying as if I were a part of the team which I was stoked about. During practices, I went to the press box to watch with Tony and Bryan McDonald. They both discussed track lines and strategy with me. All day and night I watched all 3 mechanics work and set up the bikes and talk to the riders about the set up. During this time, Dave, Danny and Aaron were focused on getting the bikes ready but were also very helpful with any questions and explanations of what they were doing. Awesome dudes to be around all day and night. Had a lot fun and a lot of laughs with them.

Throughout the day and night Mike, Kyle and Noah all talked to me about anything and everything like I have been a part of the team forever which was awesome! Being very busy professional riders and welcoming me to the team like they did speaks highly of the team and management! All 3 were very focused and appreciative of everything the team and sponsors do for them. I was very humbled to be around and talk with such professional guys!

I did not get the chance to speak with Danielle as much as I did everybody else but I watched her do numerous things throughout the day for the entire team. She was getting the riders gear all ready for practices and the main event, fixed food, filmed everything, flight changes and fan interaction. She was very friendly and answered any questions I had.

From the beginning of the morning till the end of the night Jerry was very friendly and helpful with anything I needed and any questions I had. He let me get my hands dirty and help transport everything the team needed to and from the truck throughout the day and night. I sat with him in the industry seating for the heat races and main events. Very busy man and seems to me he did an awesome job for the team. He is very organized and for having a thankless job that many people do not realize the work drivers do for the team, he really enjoys the team and what he does.

Curt Cunningham was a very cool guy to meet and also talked to me about anything and everything throughout the entire day and night. He was very friendly and fun to be around.

With all this being said I would like to thank the entire MCR team for the phenomenal behind the scene experience at the Indy Supercross. I honestly felt like a member of the team with my pit shirt and being welcomed so much by the team.

I miss being around everybody already. Again thank you for everything and I look forward to hearing from you!

Respectfully,

Scott Arnold
|
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
3/7/2014 6:38pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2014 10:00pm
Electro21
Fantasy
75th
3/7/2014 6:46pm
That is pretty cool. I got the same experience at the Indy SX in 2011 with KTM and JDR. Mike wasn't very talkative when I met him, but I chalked it up to timing on my part. It was neat to overhear Tony, Mike, Roger Decoster and his mechanic at the time talk strategy. The Alessi's may have a bad reputation, but they really are nice in person.

I don't have a comment on the Tickle situation, they can handle that on the track. Mike has been having some good SX rides this year, just needs to finish. Hopefully outdoors is even better!

The Shop

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
3/7/2014 8:56pm
That sounds like an excellent experience.
observer
3/7/2014 9:40pm
Very cool. Thanks for the post up.
I spoke with Mike G last year in Seattle. Told him I appreciated what he's doing for the sport, just chatted about his team & MA.
Seemed like a straight shooting, approachable guy-(for a high roller to chit chat with a stranger). Wink

Post a reply to: MotoConcepts Team Member Experience

The Latest