MotoBrapday Ride Report

MXEditor
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 5:33am
We just got back from a cool road trip AKA “MotoBrapDay”. Here is the rundown.

It was all Eric’s idea…I had borrowed his YZ125 during the year and we had ridden together at Rocky Hill, albeit him on that damn 4-stroke Yami 450. He seemed just as crazy about riding as I was and he certainly talked the talk.

When the snow made the roof fall down at Mototown USA, effectively ending any chance I had of riding without spikes, Eric proposed I join him and his crazy crew for his annual trip down south. I hadn’t heard much about where they would go except NC, but I was chomping at the bit to jump on board.

Little did I know what was in store!

Our crew of 4 - Eric, Chad, Ray and I, got in Chad’s big box van with trailer in CT and drove straight to North Carolina Motorsports Park (NCMP), home of Scrape. The first day I was so sick I crashed on the couch the whole way…when I woke up it was about 3:30, we were at NCMP and even though I felt terrible I rode anyway…and it pretty much cured me. 63 degrees and sun is good medicine.

We rode both the big and the small track and that red clay, it’s oh so tacky! The big track was mint, we tore it up and the small track had a bit of blue groove on it so it made for a few scary moments, one in which I imitated the Bubba Scrub…but not on purpose, yikes!

Then we crashed out at the Hampton Inn where we got robbed (The Sleep Inn is the ticket) and we decided to make the best of the nearby Cracker Barrel, where Chad had 3 orders of french fries because he was too tired to pick any other sides. Fail.

Back to NCMP in the morning and riding all day, I changed tires…thanks Chad and Dave, over to the Dunlop GeoMax51…which turned out to be a good pick.

Mark the owner worked on the SX track and we decided not to bother him…so we bolted while the bolting was good and got back on the road to TNT Motorsports in SC.

Wow. Sick place with lots of tracks and trails. The trails were really good single track with bridges and stuff in the woods, easy to go fast and get your flow on…until a tree jumps out into the trail and cleans you out! At least that’s MY story…The SX track was just too much for me but there was a small sand track that was a blast.

We met up with the Risk Racing Team and James set us all up with new grips, palm protectors and donuts!! Those came in handy as we put on a lot of hours after that meeting, thanks Risk Racing, you rock!

Then to we went t0 Durhamtown Plantation in GA. If you haven't heard about the place you need to check it out. Massive awesome trails (150 miles) of all shapes and sizes, 6 MX tracks or some (in the woods!!) a flat track, hill climb, drag strip, you name it they have it. It’s moto-heaven!

You stay right there at DP in old hunting cabins but they are clean and the peeps there are nice. The trails are fasssst and smooth, like 2 lane highways in the woods with lotsa red clay and jumps in the trails…I got lost in some of the single track, it was awesome. The MX tracks are the bomb…I recommend MX5. I've never ridden anywhere with so many different riding opportunities in one spot. We also met up with the RealMotocross.com folks and they were really cool. Thanks for the food, hope all went well in Daytona!

Then we hit NCMP again on the way back, bee-lined from GA to NC, after some Steak and Shake we hit Twisters karaoke bar which was dead. The next day we all got to crash in the woods at NCMP for a few hours before packing up. I was in a daze half the time, we did the same loop twice and it was so easy…but I still fell off!

I believe some of this has been caught on the GoPro helmet cam. If so, it’ll get posted up on YouTube, Facebook and MXNewsfeed.com - Search on MotoBrapDay.

What a brilliant trip. Can’t wait to go back.
|

Post a reply to: MotoBrapday Ride Report

The Latest