Moto stuff to do in the Netherlands?????

Wildeye511
Edited Date/Time 11/2/2014 6:59am
Questions for the guys that live in the Netherlands. Is there anything moto related that I can do while I am there? I will be heading out in the next few weeks for work and would really like to at least go watch some local races or whatever.... Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks...
|
Fearo
10/9/2014 12:59am
I might be able to help you it if you tell me where you will be staying and when you will be coming over.. Wink .
MCR
10/9/2014 3:50am
Yes. Tell me when you are over here. There are still some local races most cornfield races. There are some enduro round (dutch championchip) . And in the begin of november 7/8/9 is the biggest supercross of holland in zuidbroek. Always some american riders over there. Last year Chisholm and a few more where racing there
Wildeye511
10/9/2014 4:30am
I will be there in about 2 weeks and will be staying in Eindhoven. I have no clue as far as work schedule, but I will have a car to get around. Thanks guys.....
philG
10/9/2014 4:54am
Well if you are in Eindhoven , you are right in the middle of it all, Lommel, Valkenswaard and Lierop are all there , plus Eersel.. all within 20 minutes.

A lot of teams are based in and around Lommel, which is just over the border , do some google work and find where they are .

Eindhoven nightlife is awesome , get yourself into town at every opportunity .

What hotel you staying at ?

The Shop

rangot
10/9/2014 5:18am
If you're in Eindhoven, go to the Pink !!! Great place, good atmosphere, altough a bit smoky.
Olson
10/9/2014 5:21am
Even the track in Eindhoven attracts a lot of pro riders. Tixier and Coldenhoff goes there a lot.

Short drive to Lommel. A lot of mx facilities in that area.
Wildeye511
10/9/2014 5:24am
philG wrote:
Well if you are in Eindhoven , you are right in the middle of it all, Lommel, Valkenswaard and Lierop are all there , plus Eersel...
Well if you are in Eindhoven , you are right in the middle of it all, Lommel, Valkenswaard and Lierop are all there , plus Eersel.. all within 20 minutes.

A lot of teams are based in and around Lommel, which is just over the border , do some google work and find where they are .

Eindhoven nightlife is awesome , get yourself into town at every opportunity .

What hotel you staying at ?
I will be staying in an apartment, no clue as to which one yet. I will have to procure that once I get there. I will definitely be going out in my free time.
Wildeye511
10/9/2014 5:25am
rangot wrote:
If you're in Eindhoven, go to the Pink !!! Great place, good atmosphere, altough a bit smoky.
Uh, not sure if I will be able to partake in certain places that they have there.....
Wildeye511
10/9/2014 5:28am
Olson wrote:
Even the track in Eindhoven attracts a lot of pro riders. Tixier and Coldenhoff goes there a lot. Short drive to Lommel. A lot of mx...
Even the track in Eindhoven attracts a lot of pro riders. Tixier and Coldenhoff goes there a lot.

Short drive to Lommel. A lot of mx facilities in that area.
Awesome, thanks for the info. Once I get settled I will do more research and see what is going on. I appreciate all of your guys input. If anyone wants to hang out for beers or whatever I am down for that too. just PM me and we can work out the details.
roost251
10/9/2014 8:25am
Thats awesome wildeye about your trip, take some pics when you go man, i know many a Vitard would love to see your overseas MX experience.
MCR
10/9/2014 9:41am
Wildeye511 wrote:
I will be there in about 2 weeks and will be staying in Eindhoven. I have no clue as far as work schedule, but I will...
I will be there in about 2 weeks and will be staying in Eindhoven. I have no clue as far as work schedule, but I will have a car to get around. Thanks guys.....
In November there is every sunday a big cornfield race at the south of holland. Its not far from Eindhoven all those races. Pretty good dutch riders riding there and of course allot of local hero''s to 50cc kids.

For sure go watch a day in Eindhoven/Lommel and Lierop when there is open practice. Always some good riders, and just see the famous sand tracks..

The Dutch supercross is up in north of holland. Little 3 hours drive from Eindhoven.

MCR
10/9/2014 9:43am
Buy a Monster Girl outfit for a prostitute.
If he wants to go that way, i know a good adress for him haha.
Wildeye511
10/9/2014 10:22am
Wildeye511 wrote:
I will be there in about 2 weeks and will be staying in Eindhoven. I have no clue as far as work schedule, but I will...
MCR wrote:
In November there is every sunday a big cornfield race at the south of holland. Its not far from Eindhoven all those races. Pretty good dutch...
In November there is every sunday a big cornfield race at the south of holland. Its not far from Eindhoven all those races. Pretty good dutch riders riding there and of course allot of local hero''s to 50cc kids.

For sure go watch a day in Eindhoven/Lommel and Lierop when there is open practice. Always some good riders, and just see the famous sand tracks..

The Dutch supercross is up in north of holland. Little 3 hours drive from Eindhoven.

That is awesome, I will definitely be checking into going. As for the other idea, I do not think my wife would be too keen on me doing that LOL
Highsider
10/9/2014 10:32am Edited Date/Time 10/9/2014 10:32am
Glad you asked this, Wildeye.
Sounds like you will be in the "mx hub" around there.

Keep travel notes and when you get back, post em up for us.
Wildeye511
10/9/2014 10:35am
Highsider wrote:
Glad you asked this, Wildeye. Sounds like you will be in the "mx hub" around there. Keep travel notes and when you get back, post em...
Glad you asked this, Wildeye.
Sounds like you will be in the "mx hub" around there.

Keep travel notes and when you get back, post em up for us.
Highsider,

I will do my best to get pics and what not... I am looking forward to it and plan to take advantage of my free time as best I can.
10/9/2014 11:43am
If he is going to Eindhoven, you have to take him to the indoor go-cart track... it's wild!
Canerat
10/9/2014 12:22pm
Stay away from the " coffee " shops.......the weed could lead you to do a few motos on a babe in the red light zone.

Anyways, enjoy.
Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1181st
10/9/2014 3:20pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2014 3:21pm
Guess coming from the states your flight won't be arriving in Eindhoven. If you do land at that airport you can literally walk to the track. One of my favorites in the country!
Wildeye511
10/9/2014 7:19pm
Canerat wrote:
Stay away from the " coffee " shops.......the weed could lead you to do a few motos on a babe in the red light zone. Anyways...
Stay away from the " coffee " shops.......the weed could lead you to do a few motos on a babe in the red light zone.

Anyways, enjoy.
Canerat,

Thanks for the advice, ha ha...
bouman.9
10/9/2014 7:36pm
You come right in the middle off the offroad season.
Def. must visit offroad/enduro at Handel 1500bikes!!
Also when you want to see a real deep sandtrack race go 26okt to Meijel ,very exiting to see the sitecars blasting .
Look at
http://mon.nl/kalender/
Its all nearby Eindhoven 10 to 30 min
I rode last weekend at ktm day on the militairy tanktracks ,most deepest loos sand in the world!.Close to mx track the Lansard
And the airport you can walk there from eindhoven
Look also
http://www.enduro.nl/kalender.htm
There you see 15 nov enduro/offroad eindhoven (rent a dirtbike and ride it)

Prepair yourself for fast beerdrinking
Wildeye511
10/9/2014 7:38pm
Guess coming from the states your flight won't be arriving in Eindhoven. If you do land at that airport you can literally walk to the track...
Guess coming from the states your flight won't be arriving in Eindhoven. If you do land at that airport you can literally walk to the track. One of my favorites in the country!
Motocrossjunky,

At least it doesn't seem like its too far from the city.

If any of you guys go ride or race, as long as I am off work, I would be more than happy to come out and watch.
Dutchman
10/10/2014 1:52pm
Dutchman wrote:
Wildeye511 wrote:
Dutchman,

That is so awesome... and the prices don't seem too bad. Have you been there yourself?
Went there a couple of years ago when they only had the Quantya E-bikes.
It's an awesome experience to ride an e-bike. Since you don't have to shift you can focus solidly on steering and braking. I did two heats, one indoor and one outdoor. It's almost as intense as riding a 'normal' motocross machine.

Wildeye511
10/23/2014 6:59am
So I found the motocross track in Eindhoven as I was lost trying to find my way to work.... Do you guys happen to know if there are any races coming up in the near future?
ehr400
10/23/2014 7:45am
Wildeye511 wrote:
So I found the motocross track in Eindhoven as I was lost trying to find my way to work.... Do you guys happen to know if...
So I found the motocross track in Eindhoven as I was lost trying to find my way to work.... Do you guys happen to know if there are any races coming up in the near future?
What I found is that even in the off season you will catch pro guys at Lierop, Lommel, Valkaansward, Horst, and others. Like the others said you are in the middle of it all. It is very easy to get around driving wise and shouldnt be a issue. I would suggest going to Namur while you are there also. Pretty cool place.

Post a reply to: Moto stuff to do in the Netherlands?????

The Latest