Moto diet plan

Edited Date/Time 5/31/2017 12:10pm
Hi all after looking around on the internet for a basic diet plan I can't find any. I know that a dedicated diet plans is made for you specifically but i was just looking for a average one to follow, if anyone has a link to a one that would be great! Thanks
|
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
5/29/2017 2:48pm
Whey protein, peanut butter, and whole milk.....
zehn
5/29/2017 2:56pm
There's as many theories/plans/mumbo jumbo etc. out there as there are people with internet connections. Personally, I'm in the IIFYM camp. Just eat healthy, whole, real foods and you should be good. Doing that will put you ahead of 99% of the US population.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
5/29/2017 3:13pm
1,000 calories, no carbonated drinks, no carbs. Shred 15 lbs in about 2 months. Counting carbs sucks but it works.

The Shop

zehn
5/29/2017 3:15pm
CrGuy2T wrote:
1,000 calories, no carbonated drinks, no carbs. Shred 15 lbs in about 2 months. Counting carbs sucks but it works.
If it works for you then more power to you, but being on that extreme of a caloric restriction is really brutal. Not many people can sustain that diet for very long. I'm not sure if OP is looking to cut weight like that.
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
5/29/2017 3:24pm
if its white it aint right. no dairy or bread. shop on the outside of the store.
plus lots of big muscle moves. squats,deadlifts etc. you will be jacked bro.
for real on the food though.
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
5/29/2017 3:26pm
Sausage balls and Lite beer of your choice. You will holeshot every moto.
Swann
5/29/2017 3:40pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2017 3:44pm
I'm sorry but what internets were you surfing on that didn't produce 1,000,000,000,000 different diet plans?

My diet consists of eating foods that don't suck and enough of them so as to replenish the calories I burn braaping and berm blasting and such.
kkawboy14
5/29/2017 3:44pm
Hi all after looking around on the internet for a basic diet plan I can't find any. I know that a dedicated diet plans is made...
Hi all after looking around on the internet for a basic diet plan I can't find any. I know that a dedicated diet plans is made for you specifically but i was just looking for a average one to follow, if anyone has a link to a one that would be great! Thanks
Imagine a bicyclists diet but with Chipotle added every now and then!
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
5/29/2017 4:07pm
zehn wrote:
If it works for you then more power to you, but being on that extreme of a caloric restriction is really brutal. Not many people can...
If it works for you then more power to you, but being on that extreme of a caloric restriction is really brutal. Not many people can sustain that diet for very long. I'm not sure if OP is looking to cut weight like that.
Oh it's brutal for sure. Very hard to sustain. Once you get to the weight you want just monitor it some.
usafwx
5/29/2017 8:35pm
I would avoid disregard whoever told you 1000 calories a day, that's about 200 calories from your body reaching ketosis, if your an athlete or trying to build/maintain muscle, etc. you want at least your caloric intake which will be between 1800-2500 a day. Counting calories is fruitless, its just a measure of heat exchange, you should focus on where those calories come from, as others menitoned, REAL FOOD, avoid processed food, refined sugars and grains, etc. Focus on macros and limit dairy, etc.
FI2T
5/29/2017 9:13pm
usafwx wrote:
I would avoid disregard whoever told you 1000 calories a day, that's about 200 calories from your body reaching ketosis, if your an athlete or trying...
I would avoid disregard whoever told you 1000 calories a day, that's about 200 calories from your body reaching ketosis, if your an athlete or trying to build/maintain muscle, etc. you want at least your caloric intake which will be between 1800-2500 a day. Counting calories is fruitless, its just a measure of heat exchange, you should focus on where those calories come from, as others menitoned, REAL FOOD, avoid processed food, refined sugars and grains, etc. Focus on macros and limit dairy, etc.
Good post!
Look up and study Macros! Balance is key to losing, gaining or improving performance. Carbs get a bad name but are essential. Veggies and fruits are Carbs! A good fat, carb and protein source should be part of every meal you have.

For training study up on Glycogen. Plenty of good easy to access info out there.

Most important thing for anyone wanting to take it to the next level is to track your training and eating. Everybody is different! The general rules are simple but keeping track will give you a guide of what works and doesn't work for you.
Ebs
5/29/2017 9:20pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2017 9:21pm
Value menus, no cheat days. With dedication your suspension will be as soft as your manboobs.
jeffro503
5/30/2017 12:06am
I wish you guys could see my food bill every month. During the summer....riding as much as I can and doing all the cardio and so forth...I have to eat like a horse. This past Saturday we went and burned out about 6 - 7 motos in mid 90 degree temps, and I lost 5 freakin' pounds! I eat like a horse , and have to , to keep weight on. I actually wish I could gain weight more easily. I feel blessed AND cursed at the same time. I won't ever be over weight , but damn it , I'll go broke on food just trying to keep the weight on. My dad was 70 when he passed away....had the same problem. Ate like crazy and he just kept shrinking over the years.
Turbojez
5/30/2017 12:46am
jeffro503 wrote:
I wish you guys could see my food bill every month. During the summer....riding as much as I can and doing all the cardio and so...
I wish you guys could see my food bill every month. During the summer....riding as much as I can and doing all the cardio and so forth...I have to eat like a horse. This past Saturday we went and burned out about 6 - 7 motos in mid 90 degree temps, and I lost 5 freakin' pounds! I eat like a horse , and have to , to keep weight on. I actually wish I could gain weight more easily. I feel blessed AND cursed at the same time. I won't ever be over weight , but damn it , I'll go broke on food just trying to keep the weight on. My dad was 70 when he passed away....had the same problem. Ate like crazy and he just kept shrinking over the years.
I'm on the same boat. I guess that's just an ectomorph thing.

To the OP, If you want any kind of advice from the forum members, you need to specify what kind of diet do you need. Do you want to put on weight? Lose the fat? Build muscle?

"Diet" is a very wide term, but generally stay away from fizzy drinks. That alone is A LOT of sugars every day and you don't need that shit in your system.

Chicken and rice every day bro.
Fearo
5/30/2017 1:01am Edited Date/Time 5/30/2017 1:03am
The same basic principles apply to every decent diet plan in existance:

-Lots of water
-No sugar
-avoid processed foods (sauces, processed meat, cereal,..)
-Lean sources of protein (chicken, lean cuts of red meat,...)
-Healthy non-saturated fats (eggs, avocado, nuts,...)
-Low glycemic index carbs (sweet potatoes, brown rice, millet, amaranth, quinoa, whole wheat grains,...)

I advocate using basic supplementation: Whey, high quality multi, fish oil and vitamin D. But that's entirely up to you.

Never EVER go on a highly calorie restrictive diet (1000kcal WTF) unless you are severly overweight, especially when you do things like motocross regularly.
Every fast change to your body is bad. Realistically if you were to start today with eating healthy, you should start seeing the first results in about 6 months.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/30/2017 1:37am
Not sure what your goal is but here are some numbers for you to keep in mind.

3500 calories equals 1lbs.

To maintain your weight an healthy male adult needs around 2500cal a day. If you want to lose weight cut 500 calories a day from your intake and you should lose 1lbs a week.

The numbers on the scale might not change because muscle weighs more than fat. But if weight loss is the goal then losing inches around your waist, thigh, etc. is what's important. First place you'll notice a change in weight loss is in the face. Losing weight at a pace of 1 to 3lbs a week is considered healthy but no mare than that. If you have a lot of weight to lose then you might lose more than that with a healthy diet and exercise but that's normal. The closer you are to your ideal weight the harder it will be to lose the weight. It's a lot easier to maintain your weight than to lose weight.

Like I mentioned at the top on the page take a look at bodybuilding.com there's a lot of great info on there for whatever your goal is whether it's weight loss, weight gain, putting on muscle, etc. Bunch of recipes and if you need to order supplements, vitamins, etc. it's all available on there with real world reviews. Great source of info and all for free.

Not sure what your overall goal is but whatever it is commit to it and change will come. It won't be overnight but stick with it and you'll reap the benefits in the end.
5/30/2017 3:46am
Thanks guys much appreciated, at the moment im 235 pounds and 185cm so i carry quite a bit of fat but also quite a bit of muscle but aiming to get down to 195 pounds, i havent started riding yet but i want to get as fit as i can before is start
rhargrave431
5/30/2017 5:50am
Like others above said, eating whole, real unprocessed foods is the best way to stay healthy, Moto or not. As far as a Moto diet though, what works for you, works for you. You see Aldons guys licking an apple for a snack, and then you have Tony Carolli eating pasta 3 meals a day, and the guy is completely shredded. Start small with basic foods, then slowly introduce new things and see how each makes you feel is my best advice.
5/30/2017 5:59am
I've done most diets even "Vegan" I found what works best for mental and feeling good is a diet with no Sugar, Gluten and Diary(for the most part), I've also found that fat's are extremely important for my brain function but that's just me.
Acidreamer
5/30/2017 6:04am
Lean meats and cut the carbs down. Just eat clean and get your macros in.
tempura
5/30/2017 8:11am
usafwx wrote:
I would avoid disregard whoever told you 1000 calories a day, that's about 200 calories from your body reaching ketosis, if your an athlete or trying...
What he said!
Don't count every calorie, put in quality.
These 1000 calorie bullshit diets make me laugh. Not healthy for active people...
stone881
5/30/2017 9:33am
Hi all after looking around on the internet for a basic diet plan I can't find any. I know that a dedicated diet plans is made...
By the looks of the profile pic, I would say lay off the beer. That will probably cut your weight down quickly!
Naanak
5/30/2017 5:52pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I wish you guys could see my food bill every month. During the summer....riding as much as I can and doing all the cardio and so...
I'm that way. Between walking 12 miles a day at work and riding I keep losing weight. I eat almost 5 meals a day and I keep losing weight. I'm down to 150 lbs and its getting sketchy. Also it's almost impossible to put on muscle.
dedi684
5/30/2017 6:21pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Same here at 43. I have cut out almost all bad stuff over the last 5 years. I went from 175 to 140 pounds and can't seem to bulk up I'm just too skinny.
dedi684
5/30/2017 6:28pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Naanak wrote:
I'm that way. Between walking 12 miles a day at work and riding I keep losing weight. I eat almost 5 meals a day and I...
I'm that way. Between walking 12 miles a day at work and riding I keep losing weight. I eat almost 5 meals a day and I keep losing weight. I'm down to 150 lbs and its getting sketchy. Also it's almost impossible to put on muscle.
Same here. Not sure what to do I feel like I burn off everything I eat. I really do t care for much meat any longer. I'm down to my high school weight I'm gonna have to get a 125 at 43! Quitting my office job after 17 years helped a bit too.

Post a reply to: Moto diet plan

The Latest