Moto In New Zealand??

adamdf
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 10:35am
Hi guys, am thinking of doing some traveling to that side of the world, i'm only 25, but motocross has always been my life so naturally i want to know where the hot sports are for moto in New Zealand, a friend of mine is applying for a job there and just pretty much checking out the place for a few months and seeing how it goes from there.
And i'm in the position where i think i may want to do the same (only young once, only live once!). But if i'm going to be living somewhere, i would like to know where i can go riding on weekends etc, or even if motocross is too far removed from normal civilization(hours of driving out) to make it a realistic option for someone on somewhat of a young man's budget...

all you kiwis on the board, chime in and let me know....i would really appreciate the help/advice...

Thanks!
|
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/27/2010 4:55pm
hey dude, i am pretty involved in Moto here, our main season runs from Late October through to march, with racing all over both main islands, if you are coming down give me a yell and i will be able to hook you up with some people wherever you are based,

scott@mrmotorcycles.co.nz is the best way to get hold of me
adamdf
9/27/2010 5:06pm
scott_nz wrote:
hey dude, i am pretty involved in Moto here, our main season runs from Late October through to march, with racing all over both main islands...
hey dude, i am pretty involved in Moto here, our main season runs from Late October through to march, with racing all over both main islands, if you are coming down give me a yell and i will be able to hook you up with some people wherever you are based,

kool scott, i am not familiar with NZ really nor the size of it, are most of the moto tracks located far apart or would you say they are in one general area/province in NZ?

I am thinking of coming in Feb, if i do...but will be applying for a part time job, and buying a bike, that would be the ideal plan if things pan out..
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/27/2010 6:58pm
scott_nz wrote:
hey dude, i am pretty involved in Moto here, our main season runs from Late October through to march, with racing all over both main islands...

adamdf wrote:
kool scott, i am not familiar with NZ really nor the size of it, are most of the moto tracks located far apart or would you...
kool scott, i am not familiar with NZ really nor the size of it, are most of the moto tracks located far apart or would you say they are in one general area/province in NZ?

I am thinking of coming in Feb, if i do...but will be applying for a part time job, and buying a bike, that would be the ideal plan if things pan out..
send me an email and i can sort it out,

there is two main island, called north and south, most of the racing is in the north, but its a bit complicated to explain on here
adamdf
9/27/2010 8:25pm
scott_nz wrote:

adamdf wrote:
kool scott, i am not familiar with NZ really nor the size of it, are most of the moto tracks located far apart or would you...

scott_nz wrote:
send me an email and i can sort it out, there is two main island, called north and south, most of the racing is in the...
send me an email and i can sort it out,

there is two main island, called north and south, most of the racing is in the north, but its a bit complicated to explain on here
Will do, look out for it!

Post a reply to: Moto In New Zealand??

The Latest