Moss boys

SwapperMX
11/27/2010 4:22am
Yeah they both managed wins, but the way they are going, I dont think they are making too many friends doing it. Was some good racing tonight on a good track. Lil Hanny struggled big time after looking blazing fast in practice and heats.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
11/27/2010 1:04pm
Moss boys starting to get their MOJO back in Aus, they just need to find a way to carry that over to the states if they ever get back.

Lil Hanny still road very well, just a little bad luck mixed up in some crashes, still heading into the final race of the night he still had a 1 point lead, then another crash to his credit he never gave up and rode through the pack on more than on occasion, showing some real heart with his racing, so talented.

Actually think he fired out the fastest lap of the night while mid pack in one of the mains, he pulled the trigger on a tripple tripple single in a rytham section, the only guy i seen do it all night, about 1.5 to 2 secs quicker than anyone i think (have not looked at times just what i seen on the screen last night)

One round to go, all on the line i the lites class, PJ v Moss , should be a good battle to watch.
Jake-247
11/27/2010 2:58pm
Fuck Austar not having SpeedTV, and where I am we can't get Foxtel. Angry

Final round is going to be awesome and can't wait to watch it, should be an awesome battle between Mossy and PJ.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
11/27/2010 3:26pm
aaryn #234 wrote:
Moss boys starting to get their MOJO back in Aus, they just need to find a way to carry that over to the states if they...
Moss boys starting to get their MOJO back in Aus, they just need to find a way to carry that over to the states if they ever get back.

Lil Hanny still road very well, just a little bad luck mixed up in some crashes, still heading into the final race of the night he still had a 1 point lead, then another crash to his credit he never gave up and rode through the pack on more than on occasion, showing some real heart with his racing, so talented.

Actually think he fired out the fastest lap of the night while mid pack in one of the mains, he pulled the trigger on a tripple tripple single in a rytham section, the only guy i seen do it all night, about 1.5 to 2 secs quicker than anyone i think (have not looked at times just what i seen on the screen last night)

One round to go, all on the line i the lites class, PJ v Moss , should be a good battle to watch.
Thanks for the race report!

And also thanks for the kind words about Hansen and him showing some real heart!

Hopefully Hansen can win the last round and bag himself this championship!

The Shop

haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
11/27/2010 3:43pm
Hansen coming through the pack in his heat race was awesome. From dead last to second. You're not wrong about that triple he uncorked Aaryn, was the only guy i saw even attempt it.

Matt Moss and Larsen had an interesting time during practice, and things got a bit heated right behind me as they were leaving the track, i dont think PJ appreciated Matt trying to play games with him for the entire time.

I also wouldn't have wanted to be at the JDR rig when Josh 'cannonball' Cachia got back there after his coming together with Ryan Marmont in the last whoops section on the last lap when they were both in a transfer spot. I was along way from it, but i dont think Doggy would've been happy.
11/27/2010 3:54pm
SwapperMX wrote:
Yeah they both managed wins, but the way they are going, I dont think they are making too many friends doing it. Was some good racing...
Yeah they both managed wins, but the way they are going, I dont think they are making too many friends doing it. Was some good racing tonight on a good track. Lil Hanny struggled big time after looking blazing fast in practice and heats.
What have they been doing to not make friends, I haven't been able to watch the last three round son tv
11/27/2010 4:30pm
So, Old Mate, seeing as how both boys are in contention, I guess we'll be seeing you (and Rona?) in Brisbane.
sxf138
11/27/2010 4:46pm
I am just hoping they stay off the ground. The Moss bros are notorious for wadding it up....
Old Mate
11/27/2010 4:52pm Edited Date/Time 11/27/2010 4:55pm
sxf138 wrote:
I am just hoping they stay off the ground. The Moss bros are notorious for wadding it up....
Your right sx138, if Matt keeps it up it will be his 4th nats title in a row, very inconsistant.Anti i will definatly see you in Brissy mate,i dont think Jake is in contention as he was tenth 4 rounds ago but to watch him go 4th,3rd 2nd and now 1st in the last 4 rounds has definatly been pleasing for him.
sxf138
11/27/2010 4:57pm
sxf138 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
Your right sx138, if Matt keeps it up it will be his 4th nats title in a row, very inconsistant.Anti i will definatly see you in...
Your right sx138, if Matt keeps it up it will be his 4th nats title in a row, very inconsistant.Anti i will definatly see you in Brissy mate,i dont think Jake is in contention as he was tenth 4 rounds ago but to watch him go 4th,3rd 2nd and now 1st in the last 4 rounds has definatly been pleasing for him.
No no, I did not mean it like that. I remember when they were in the states I kept hearing about them crashing and being plauged with injuries. Just wishing them the best of luck.
Old Mate
11/27/2010 5:40pm
sxf138 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
Your right sx138, if Matt keeps it up it will be his 4th nats title in a row, very inconsistant.Anti i will definatly see you in...
sxf138 wrote:
No no, I did not mean it like that. I remember when they were in the states I kept hearing about them crashing and being plauged...
No no, I did not mean it like that. I remember when they were in the states I kept hearing about them crashing and being plauged with injuries. Just wishing them the best of luck.
Cool, Matt really crashed hard just before going to the USA, he will now have his scaffoid removed after Brissy next week and have a plastic bone put in,hopefully this will allow him to ride at his best again next season. He is still struggling a lot at the moment but the 4 from 4 wins over PJ last night should get him thru one more week.lol
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
11/27/2010 7:13pm
Congrats to the boys, their pickin it back up now. They neeeeeed to get back to the states asap.

On a side note, the highlights coverage on the website has been pathetic this year.
TheWeapon
Fantasy
68th
11/27/2010 7:41pm
Jake-247 wrote:
Fuck Austar not having SpeedTV, and where I am we can't get Foxtel. :angry: Final round is going to be awesome and can't wait to watch...

Final round is going to be awesome and can't wait to watch it, should be an awesome battle between Mossy and PJ.
Same!! I fired right up about it - the only reason I haven't got out of my Austar contract is because I got it free for 12 months! As far as I'm concerned, they are breaching their end of the contract by removing all motorsport....I'd get out of my contract if I was paying.

Something not many people know: you can borrow a friend's foxtel box and it works in an Austar area. That is my plan when my contract runs out (or I cancel it): sign up for Foxtel using a Sydney address, and plug the box in here.....also.....'additional boxes' work in other locations too.....lets say you have a friend with foxtel....he could get a second box for his spare room.....which happens to be your lounge room hundreds of Kms away....

It sucks that we have to do crap like this.....but until there is any competition, the consumer keeps getting raped. Its about time we did a little raping of our own!

To the US people - to get an idea of how much our pay TV sucks.....Charter is freaking awesome in comparison to what we have. Light years ahead in technology and better customer service (who would have thought it possible to be worse than Charter? I had Directv over there and loved it).
Jake-247
11/27/2010 8:16pm
Jake-247 wrote:
Fuck Austar not having SpeedTV, and where I am we can't get Foxtel. :angry: Final round is going to be awesome and can't wait to watch...

TheWeapon wrote:
Same!! I fired right up about it - the only reason I haven't got out of my Austar contract is because I got it free for...
Same!! I fired right up about it - the only reason I haven't got out of my Austar contract is because I got it free for 12 months! As far as I'm concerned, they are breaching their end of the contract by removing all motorsport....I'd get out of my contract if I was paying.

Something not many people know: you can borrow a friend's foxtel box and it works in an Austar area. That is my plan when my contract runs out (or I cancel it): sign up for Foxtel using a Sydney address, and plug the box in here.....also.....'additional boxes' work in other locations too.....lets say you have a friend with foxtel....he could get a second box for his spare room.....which happens to be your lounge room hundreds of Kms away....

It sucks that we have to do crap like this.....but until there is any competition, the consumer keeps getting raped. Its about time we did a little raping of our own!

To the US people - to get an idea of how much our pay TV sucks.....Charter is freaking awesome in comparison to what we have. Light years ahead in technology and better customer service (who would have thought it possible to be worse than Charter? I had Directv over there and loved it).
Wow, never knew that thanks for telling me I might get onto my mates down in Brisbane and see if they could get another box and try it out.

X2 to the last two paragraph's, remember when you payed for pay TV so you never got commercials, what happened to that.....
Old Mate
11/29/2010 11:01am
SwapperMX wrote:
Yeah they both managed wins, but the way they are going, I dont think they are making too many friends doing it. Was some good racing...
MotoOnline.com.au speaks to Sydney Super X winner Jake Moss about his maiden Open class victory.
It’s hard not to like Jake Moss, the 22-year-old rising to be one of the fan favourites in Australian Supercross and picking up a popular first Open class victory at Sydney’s round of Super X last Saturday night.

He and twin brother Matt – also his Rockstar Motul Suzuki teammate – are the fastest young Australians in Supercross, undeniably talented, although unfortunately also proving injury prone in recent seasons.

This year’s Super X season has seen Jake join Matt for the full season for the first time in three years without injury, and together they achieved the ultimate family feat at Parramatta by winning the Open and Lites classes respectively.

With Jake building momentum and currently sitting a comfortable third in the Open standings, MotoOnline.com.au gave him a call on Monday afternoon to see if it’s all sunk in yet.

Jake Moss scored his first Super X win in Sydney for Rockstar Motul Suzuki. Image: Sport The Library.

Jake, first of all congratulations on your result at Sydney. It must be an unbelievable feeling to get your first Super X win for Suzuki in the Open class?

Yeah, it was awesome. It was just so good to do it when my whole family was there and a lot of fans from Sydney, as well as people from Sussex.

It’s such a good feeling to win that first one and also to have Matt win as well in the Lites.

It was definitely a big night for the Moss family and also Suzuki, a rare moment in sport where everything comes together.

Yeah, it was good. Jay [Foreman, Rockstar Motul Suzuki team manager] was so happy and my dad was pumped. I actually think Matt was happier that I won than he was for himself to win, I guess because he’s been winning races all season.

But yeah, it was good – something that we’ve been working for all along.

You told me on Saturday night that you’ve been sticking to your own program down at the farm, chipping away at it all. It seems like that program is really starting to work for you?

It’s been good, just changing things around and trying to have fun. I’ve actually been having a couple of rest days and stuff during the week, making sure I’m 100 percent for the weekends, and I think that seems like the way to go.

This year is actually your first full season on the 450 in Supercross (Jake was forced out through injury in the opening round last year), and it seems as though you’re constantly improving and enjoying it so far?

Yeah, I did a couple of nationals this year on the Suzuki and I like the bike a lot. Rockstar Motul Suzuki is a really professional team, they build the bike exactly how I like it, so everything is starting to come good now.

Moss topped the Open podium ahead of Billy Mackenzie and Jay Marmont on Saturday night. Image: Sport The Library.

You’re really building momentum in Super X as the season winds down, currently sitting third with one round remaining after three podiums in a row. Obviously the goal from here is to keep it up into 2011?

For sure, I just want to stay injury-free for a year. That would be awesome. I haven’t gotten this far so far in Super X without any big crashes, and I think that’s just from not being tired on the bike – I’ve got a base to work from now.

My preparations have been good and I’m feeling good all the time.

Just finally, speaking of next year. I know you’re close to a deal so can you give us any indication whether we’ll see Jake Moss in Australia fulltime next year, or will you be heading back to the U.S. again for a fourth season?

Ah, I find out next week, but at the moment it looks like I’ll be staying here in Australia.

Okay, well cool man. Congratulations again, it was good to see you on top of the box that’s for sure.

Thanks mate!
f4ctry
11/29/2010 12:12pm
Free to Air here in NZ.....

Mossy boys planning on doing any racing here? You got any more training schools here?

mxrider225
Fantasy
2876th
11/29/2010 12:31pm
Is the next round 2 or 3 mains that count towards points?
11/29/2010 3:50pm
mxrider225 wrote:
Is the next round 2 or 3 mains that count towards points?
The race format for the final round of the Australasian Supercross Championship at QSAC Stadium, Brisbane, will be a Triple Challenge in both classes.

Qualifying will be 2 x 8 laps for the 450s and 2 x 6 laps for the 250s.

The final will consist of 3 x 7 laps for the 450s and 3 x 6 laps for the 250s with points awarded for each race and accumulated to determine the winner.

Post a reply to: Moss boys

The Latest