Mookie on a Seven Honda

GregDVT
Edited Date/Time 11/11/2016 7:28am

Interesting where we see him in January
|
GregDVT
11/11/2016 7:29am
I wonder if this is the same Honda he had bought from Lucas Oil/TLD a few years back that he raced in RBSR.
davistld01
11/11/2016 7:37am
Looks like an old photo of Malcolm's Straight Rhythm bike from last year.
11/11/2016 7:41am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2016 7:42am
davistld01 wrote:
Looks like an old photo of Malcolm's Straight Rhythm bike from last year.
My first thought too.
11/11/2016 7:43am
Interesting that he rode a Geico-branded Honda at the last off-season race, now he's full-Seven here in Lille. I suppose that reflects the current contract status.

The Shop

11/11/2016 7:46am
Actually, it looks a little different.

Here's the 2014 straight rhythm bike

GregDVT
11/11/2016 7:51am
Marc_Honda wrote:
Actually, it looks a little different. Here's the 2014 straight rhythm bike [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/11/11/159665/s1200_Malcolm_Stewart_bike_Red_Bull_Straight_Rhythm_2014.jpg[/img]
Actually, it looks a little different.

Here's the 2014 straight rhythm bike

It doesn't have the drop down header that the 2014 crf450r did. I wonder if he bought his race bike from Geico Honda.
twotwosix
11/11/2016 7:53am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2016 7:55am
Interesting that he rode a Geico-branded Honda at the last off-season race, now he's full-Seven here in Lille. I suppose that reflects the current contract status.
I am guessing here, so don't take it as truth, but your train of thought is probably spot on.

I would assume that Malcolm was still in talks with FC/Geico/HRC about that ride when he was racing in Germany and that FC/Geico helped get him to the German SX race. Now, I would imagine that the Geico/HRC deal is dead and off the table, hence the bike switch and Stewart/Seven bike livery. I would bet that Bercy/Lille is happening on Stewart's dime, not FC/Geico or Honda's...
11/11/2016 8:03am
Just a bike on hand at the race for the euro crowds to see... nothing to read between the lines here IMO
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
11/11/2016 8:13am
They're still helping him with equipment, but he's still searching for a landing spot.
11/11/2016 8:18am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2016 8:18am
GuyB wrote:
They're still helping him with equipment, but he's still searching for a landing spot.
Thanks GuyB. In situations like this where contract negotiations haven't worked out, how much do we read into an OEM's logo on the bike (in general, not necessarily in Mookie's case in Lille as I think we're all in the dark). There is a small Honda logo on the front plate, and I assume that front plate is pretty freshly printed. That seat cover looks like something they found in the garage. Would a rider who is going solo make a point to not have an OEM's logo if they were not receiving support? Or does that really just depend on the rider/personality?
Mini Elsinore
11/11/2016 8:25am
GuyB wrote:
^^^The bossman just answered everyone's question as to "why" the Mookie-GEICO deal isn't done. Read his post carefully. They like Mookie and want to do a deal-----but something (or 'someone' Whistling ) is an impediment.
BMP63
11/11/2016 8:34am
^^^The bossman just answered everyone's question as to "why" the Mookie-GEICO deal isn't done. Read his post carefully. They like Mookie and want to do a...
^^^The bossman just answered everyone's question as to "why" the Mookie-GEICO deal isn't done. Read his post carefully. They like Mookie and want to do a deal-----but something (or 'someone' Whistling ) is an impediment.
God I hope you aren't being serious.
davistld01
11/11/2016 8:55am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2016 8:56am
^^^The bossman just answered everyone's question as to "why" the Mookie-GEICO deal isn't done. Read his post carefully. They like Mookie and want to do a...
BMP63 wrote:
Have you seen the first post in the "Malcolm Stewart's Instagram" thread?

Serious? Could be...
twotwosix
11/11/2016 8:56am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2016 8:58am
BMP63 wrote:
I thought the same thing. Get a life man. You just said "read his post carefully" and then added a bs line to it.

How about you "read his post carefully".
Mini Elsinore
11/11/2016 9:03am
I'm sticking to my theory. I'm frequently wrong, but never in doubt. Cool
Sideways
11/11/2016 9:37am
Transworld did an interview with him on their facebook page and asked him about teams. And he said straight up that he doesnt have anything for A1. He will be showing up racing as a privateer and hoping to get a fill in if someone gets hurt. I really feel for him. I think he has deserved a spot in a factory team! I do think that skipping outdoors was a huge mistake for him though.
gabrielito
11/11/2016 9:41am
It's crazy to me that Malcolm doesn't have a ride yet. I think he has very high potential on a 450 and seems like a well rounded guy.
jeffro503
11/11/2016 9:52am
gabrielito wrote:
It's crazy to me that Malcolm doesn't have a ride yet. I think he has very high potential on a 450 and seems like a well...
It's crazy to me that Malcolm doesn't have a ride yet. I think he has very high potential on a 450 and seems like a well rounded guy.
He does for sure! If i owned a team , Malcolm would be someone I'd like to have there. BUT....i have no idea what kind of money he's asking for.

250 championship has some weight , but Bogle pretty much rode that Geico 450 last year for free. That probably helped him this year in getting his ride. Malcolm may need to follow his foot steps.
11/11/2016 10:03am
gabrielito wrote:
It's crazy to me that Malcolm doesn't have a ride yet. I think he has very high potential on a 450 and seems like a well...
jeffro503 wrote:
He does for sure! If i owned a team , Malcolm would be someone I'd like to have there. BUT....i have no idea what kind of...
He does for sure! If i owned a team , Malcolm would be someone I'd like to have there. BUT....i have no idea what kind of money he's asking for.

250 championship has some weight , but Bogle pretty much rode that Geico 450 last year for free. That probably helped him this year in getting his ride. Malcolm may need to follow his foot steps.
Is Geico just not doing a 450 ride this year?
jeffro503
11/11/2016 10:06am
gabrielito wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
He does for sure! If i owned a team , Malcolm would be someone I'd like to have there. BUT....i have no idea what kind of...

I'm not sure. I know that Justin was kind of a special case i think. Couldn't ride the 250 for some reason. My memory isn't very good on the deal.
Flatliner
11/11/2016 10:07am
gabrielito wrote:
I think mcr offered him a ride. Wouldn't that be better than going it the total solo route? Those bikes certainly don't look terrible in sx.
11/11/2016 10:10am
Supercross is business. Malcolm would have a 450 ride with Geico but I think Malcolm has a saying in this and thats having James on the team with him. They (Geico) dont want that and thats why Malcolm posted that Instagram post about "if it only was for dirt bikes". The Seven livery this week is a statement, James have supported his brother and this is a way of helping his bro out in my opinion. Stewarts own racing team is happening, you'll see at A1.
twotwosix
11/11/2016 10:14am
Geico never wanted to do a 450 program. They kept doing it for their graduating 250 champions. FC/Geico want to be THE factory 250 Honda team and that is all.
tmx860
11/11/2016 10:23am
i thought it was a combination of them not being able to have enough resources/development of their new bike and the earthquake that delayed everything
twotwosix
11/11/2016 10:26am
tmx860 wrote:
i thought it was a combination of them not being able to have enough resources/development of their new bike and the earthquake that delayed everything
That played/is playing a part, yes.

These teams needed to have multiple 2017 bikes on October 1 to be 100% ready for A1 and that did not materialize for anyone but Seeley and Roczen.
kmp1219
11/11/2016 10:27am
gabrielito wrote:
Flatliner wrote:
I think mcr offered him a ride. Wouldn't that be better than going it the total solo route? Those bikes certainly don't look terrible in sx.
Arguably some of the best bikes IMO after watching Monster Cup, factory included. MA800 was always an outdoors guy and looked fast and even led most of one of the races, and finished top 5. McAdoo winning all stars and MCR getting 3 out of a possible 6 holeshots turned a lot of heads.

There was even a thread on here where someone said that Tony had built the best engine and put together the best setup at Monster Cup. Those MCR bikes are the real deal. Keefer tested one and basically said that MCR had put together the funds, expertise and man hours required to make a factory bike without factory support.

With normal injuries/new riders and even entire teams switching bikes Malcolm could potentially stay healthy, race every weekend and finish up supercross with a top 5-7th place finish in the premiere class. If he did that on a MCR bike Genova would pay him well.
Skidaddle
11/11/2016 10:46am
Matthes has only said a few problems a good 20 times.
Flatliner
11/11/2016 11:00am
kmp1219 wrote:
Arguably some of the best bikes IMO after watching Monster Cup, factory included. MA800 was always an outdoors guy and looked fast and even led most...
Arguably some of the best bikes IMO after watching Monster Cup, factory included. MA800 was always an outdoors guy and looked fast and even led most of one of the races, and finished top 5. McAdoo winning all stars and MCR getting 3 out of a possible 6 holeshots turned a lot of heads.

There was even a thread on here where someone said that Tony had built the best engine and put together the best setup at Monster Cup. Those MCR bikes are the real deal. Keefer tested one and basically said that MCR had put together the funds, expertise and man hours required to make a factory bike without factory support.

With normal injuries/new riders and even entire teams switching bikes Malcolm could potentially stay healthy, race every weekend and finish up supercross with a top 5-7th place finish in the premiere class. If he did that on a MCR bike Genova would pay him well.
Anyone know why that deal fell apart?
CalRMX
11/11/2016 11:01am
Me and missus CalRmx watched one of his podium interviews where he said it was all about the money, and that's why he was racing.

We both thought at the time he shouldn't have said that, sure it's about the money, but no need to tell everyone that's your motivation. I would think the $'s are the problem. I don't think he will ever have the talent that James does, but SX is better with a Mookie on the track.

billyslap
11/11/2016 11:02am
GuyB wrote:
Not sure I see what you see in his post.

On a side note I don't think the Rock would put up with too much of Big James crap.

Post a reply to: Mookie on a Seven Honda

The Latest