Mookie. We can work with speed

djc
1/28/2017 7:11pm
Awesome heat rwce again. We know he is gonna drop the anchor in the main but dam if he was in better shape he could probably do really well tonight. Dude better have a ride for next seasons n I mean come on the Potential is obvious.
|
oshow
1/28/2017 7:43pm
Lots of teams rethinking passing him over
kkawboy14
1/28/2017 7:43pm
oshow wrote:
Lots of teams rethinking passing him over
If they aren't, they are stupid!
Mickolobe7
1/28/2017 8:35pm
I agree Mookie is on the gas and looks good doing it! A lot of the teams are probably not happy about there choices they made. If he gets a factory ride going in to the outdoors I think he can run with the top guys!

Go Luck Mookie!
captmoto
1/28/2017 8:38pm
I dunno, teams are looking for commitment, he comes in after 8 months off out of shape.

The Shop

1/28/2017 8:39pm
captmoto wrote:
I dunno, teams are looking for commitment, he comes in after 8 months off out of shape.
Once again. Riding at home is COMPLETELY different then racing. Mookie could be busting out 20 min motos at home but racing is different. Like Tomac...he ain't getting arm pump at home
Flip109
1/28/2017 8:40pm
captmoto wrote:
I duno he looks leaner than in the past. Well for him anyway.
crashomatic
1/28/2017 8:41pm
I hear Honda has an opening.
1/28/2017 8:55pm
pmshortt2 wrote:
BOOM into the tuff blocks Woohoo
Yep, Milsaps the has-been knew he didn't have the speed to beat him....so knocked him down. Its a good tactic for someone like him who's lacking the speed.
djc
1/28/2017 9:09pm
I am a mookie fan but no way was he gonna keep that pace the entire rwce. This one was a long one. That being said he looked awesome until his crash and he liked better then last week

I'm just saying. Compare him m to Webb. One guy has had t sting and a factory ride and one doesn't. Who looked better so far?
Superdave19
1/28/2017 9:10pm
-curious to see what Mookie's lap times were after Davi's luv tap.. Malcolm's speed is there.
1/28/2017 9:11pm
pmshortt2 wrote:
Mr. Knobby wrote:
Yep, Milsaps the has-been knew he didn't have the speed to beat him....so knocked him down. Its a good tactic for someone like him who's lacking...
Yep, Milsaps the has-been knew he didn't have the speed to beat him....so knocked him down. Its a good tactic for someone like him who's lacking the speed.
Agreed. Don't know if Mookie has the stamina for that speed all race long but he's looking better each time out. Pretty quick threw the whoops tonight also. Looking forward to watching him progress
cali11
1/28/2017 9:15pm
Dude look fast in the whoops & corners for sure!
Johnny Depp
1/28/2017 9:20pm
He lacks race craft as he always has. Speed but no good sense on when to back off and boom.
1/28/2017 9:22pm
Mr. Knobby wrote:
Yep, Milsaps the has-been knew he didn't have the speed to beat him....so knocked him down. Its a good tactic for someone like him who's lacking...
I'll just leave this right here since Davi's speed is on your mind:

Still, sucked MS47 went down, he was very entertaining to watch. He switches up
lines instantly same as James does.
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
1/28/2017 9:24pm
pmshortt2 wrote:
Mr. Knobby wrote:
Davi had one of the fastest laps of the race, on the last lap and almost passed Sleey for 4th. Looks like he has speed to me.
cali11
1/28/2017 9:26pm
Mr. Knobby wrote:
I'll just leave this right here since Davi's speed is on your mind: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/28/172212/s1200_4m.jpg[/img] Still, sucked MS47 went down, he was very entertaining to watch. He...
I'll just leave this right here since Davi's speed is on your mind:

Still, sucked MS47 went down, he was very entertaining to watch. He switches up
lines instantly same as James does.
Say what youbwNt Stew was looking good
mx836
1/28/2017 9:27pm
He lacks race craft as he always has. Speed but no good sense on when to back off and boom.
That is simply not true. No idea how you can say that after watching him race the last couple weeks. He has excellent race craft.
1/28/2017 9:29pm Edited Date/Time 1/28/2017 9:30pm
mx836 wrote:
That is simply not true. No idea how you can say that after watching him race the last couple weeks. He has excellent race craft.
Rrright.

Justin Hill on DMXS Radio show: "everybody is super chill to race with now, its great. theres a ton of respect and you dont have to worry about ***Mookie launching into you***"
1/28/2017 9:32pm Edited Date/Time 1/28/2017 9:33pm
captmoto wrote:
Captmoto nailed it.

Why could his ass not be in shape? The "industry" keeps tabs on these guys and I agree commitment must be a big part of scaring rides off. He had way more off season to work on fitness than most everyone else.

He is fun as hell to watch but fuck get in shape.
early
Fantasy
2139th
1/28/2017 9:33pm
He should get Pourcel's spot.
wfo4ever
1/28/2017 9:40pm Edited Date/Time 1/28/2017 9:41pm
Mookie rode good tonight, wish DM18 passed him without putting him in the tuff blocks. He has the speed for sure. Would have been curious to see how he would do in the main event tonight. Tuff blocks take out more riders than anyone, they suck, but they are a must have for rider protection.
Motodave15
1/28/2017 9:59pm
early wrote:
My thoughts on the night as well.

Im convinced some team managers are kicking themselves for being scared to hire someone who had no contract for outdoors.
Premixed112
1/28/2017 10:02pm
What's with all the comments saying he's not in shape? In what way is he not in shape? Please explain. Because it seems like it must be glaringly obvious, but yet I'm missing something.
gjbruny
1/28/2017 10:02pm
wfo4ever wrote:
Mookie rode good tonight, wish DM18 passed him without putting him in the tuff blocks. He has the speed for sure. Would have been curious to...
Mookie rode good tonight, wish DM18 passed him without putting him in the tuff blocks. He has the speed for sure. Would have been curious to see how he would do in the main event tonight. Tuff blocks take out more riders than anyone, they suck, but they are a must have for rider protection.
i see where you are coming from but the tuffblocks didn't take him out.... just like guns don't kill people
gjbruny
1/28/2017 10:05pm
What's with all the comments saying he's not in shape? In what way is he not in shape? Please explain. Because it seems like it must...
What's with all the comments saying he's not in shape? In what way is he not in shape? Please explain. Because it seems like it must be glaringly obvious, but yet I'm missing something.
Motodave15
1/28/2017 10:06pm
What's with all the comments saying he's not in shape? In what way is he not in shape? Please explain. Because it seems like it must...
Its the vital mx athletic commissions, they visually decide who is in shape and who isnt.and if you haven't raced a pro race in 4 weeks you're automatically put on the out of shape list.. If you have a gut or are a little bigger than 130 lbs youre automatically on this list as well.
Flatliner
1/28/2017 10:07pm
early wrote:
Motodave15 wrote:
My thoughts on the night as well. Im convinced some team managers are kicking themselves for being scared to hire someone who had no contract for...

Im convinced some team managers are kicking themselves for being scared to hire someone who had no contract for outdoors.
I'm almost sure it was a combination of things leading him to not get a ride. Outdoors was just a part.

Also .... comparing him to Webb? I'm not even a fan of his but two indoor titles and national title as well... he absolutely earned that ride.

Didn't he also turn down a moto concepts ride? It's not factory but those bikes don't look bad by any stretch.
Motodave15
1/28/2017 10:48pm
early wrote:
Motodave15 wrote:
My thoughts on the night as well. Im convinced some team managers are kicking themselves for being scared to hire someone who had no contract for...

Flatliner wrote:
I'm almost sure it was a combination of things leading him to not get a ride. Outdoors was just a part. Also .... comparing him to...
I'm almost sure it was a combination of things leading him to not get a ride. Outdoors was just a part.

Also .... comparing him to Webb? I'm not even a fan of his but two indoor titles and national title as well... he absolutely earned that ride.

Didn't he also turn down a moto concepts ride? It's not factory but those bikes don't look bad by any stretch.
Not speaking of Webb in this…. it was pourcel, we were speaking of lol
cali11
1/28/2017 11:23pm
captmoto wrote:
Captmoto nailed it. Why could his ass not be in shape? The "industry" keeps tabs on these guys and I agree commitment must be a big...
Captmoto nailed it.

Why could his ass not be in shape? The "industry" keeps tabs on these guys and I agree commitment must be a big part of scaring rides off. He had way more off season to work on fitness than most everyone else.

He is fun as hell to watch but fuck get in shape.
Race shape & being in shape ain't the same! Just ask Bam Bam

Post a reply to: Mookie. We can work with speed

The Latest