Millville Trip Report - Part 2

txmxer
7/20/2009 3:43pm
thanks P. Millville is definitely a great place to spend a day watching a national. The viewing is better than most tracks. You do pretty much have to decide if you want to watch the whoops or the rest of the track. But, the hills provide some pretty good viewing.
mxmedic
7/20/2009 4:03pm
Great write ups, P. Glad you enjoyed your visit. Millville is a great facility. And usually it isn't that cold... Shocked
motogeezer
7/20/2009 4:34pm
Nice write up, P.

BTW, never take a short cut recommended by a bored security guy. Pinch

The Shop

swizcore
7/20/2009 6:00pm
Haha, nice part 2 P, funny about getting lost.
Wolfman
7/20/2009 6:17pm
Thanks P, I enjoyed reading about your experience.
P
7/21/2009 5:31am
Part 2 for the East Coast people.

P
huck
7/21/2009 5:35am
P, did you walk back to the "mini" track? It looks like it'd be a blast to ride. I used to love going back there and cheering AGAINST TFS in the pitbike races. lol

augiedog
7/21/2009 7:24am
Thanks for the great story P. BTW what was the deal with the kid in the fox shirt at the airport with his dad? or did I miss that part.

Thanks again
rmgsxr
7/21/2009 7:52am
P next time take a walk up the hill(above the uphill triple) and check out Martins SX tracks. It is amazing just thinking about how they made the one on the side of the hill.

I personally would have liked to see the Monster deal setup in a different spot. I always liked standing in the middle being able to turn around and watch the other side. But trust me, I understand the money side of it. With talk of the government stepping in on energy drinks, we had better enjoy the money while it is here.

My favorite thing to do is to watch the start and about two laps in the whoops and then pick another spot to watch the rest of the moto.

That whole place is just post card beautiful. John's house sitting there next to the creek is just so cool.

One last thing from me, if you wern't there to see Jeremy Martin ride that track on his RM 85, oh buddy you missed it. Amazing.

Oh yeah, I think they should give Highsider a closer place to park his rig. He is so old and man was it a long walk to go visit him.
Larry
7/21/2009 7:56am
Great post P thanks.
Highsider
7/21/2009 8:10am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:01am
rmgsxr wrote:
P next time take a walk up the hill(above the uphill triple) and check out Martins SX tracks. It is amazing just thinking about how they...
P next time take a walk up the hill(above the uphill triple) and check out Martins SX tracks. It is amazing just thinking about how they made the one on the side of the hill.

I personally would have liked to see the Monster deal setup in a different spot. I always liked standing in the middle being able to turn around and watch the other side. But trust me, I understand the money side of it. With talk of the government stepping in on energy drinks, we had better enjoy the money while it is here.

My favorite thing to do is to watch the start and about two laps in the whoops and then pick another spot to watch the rest of the moto.

That whole place is just post card beautiful. John's house sitting there next to the creek is just so cool.

One last thing from me, if you wern't there to see Jeremy Martin ride that track on his RM 85, oh buddy you missed it. Amazing.

Oh yeah, I think they should give Highsider a closer place to park his rig. He is so old and man was it a long walk to go visit him.
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Hey, Cathy says that is the closest place we have been parked in the past six years! It was nice of you to come by and bs with us.
Sorry I missed meeting P, but I FINALLY got to meet G-Force, after 25+ years! Super friendly guy, too, except I hear he is buds with Matthes....hahaha.

Jim Johnson
alphado
7/21/2009 8:13am
Did you poop there? How were the Porto-Johns? What was the quality of the toilet paper?
Highsider
7/21/2009 8:16am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2009 8:21am
alphado wrote:
Did you poop there? How were the Porto-Johns? What was the quality of the toilet paper?
Glad you asked, because places like Freestone and even Red Bud could learn a thing-or-two from Millville on PortoSans.
They are cleaned often. Even BEFORE they need it. Freestone on the other hand, they were overflowing in that wonderful Texas heatSick I fact, I wouldn't pause at the nearby vendors, due to the smell!
RRsis17
7/21/2009 8:20am
Thanks P for the kind words hahaha. I am always upbeat at the races!!!!

Post a reply to: Millville Trip Report - Part 2

The Latest