Millsaps, some questions answered

newmann
6/29/2015 12:58pm
davistld01 wrote:
Sad that DM has gone from his great riding and everybody talking about "comeback" and all back in 2013, to two short years later the vast...
Sad that DM has gone from his great riding and everybody talking about "comeback" and all back in 2013, to two short years later the vast majority are basically calling him a loser. Not saying that the "back order" statement didn't raise an eyebrow with me...but, damn. Can we give the guy a little break?

This just came to me...do you think Millsaps is playing the "waiting game" hoping that someone will have an opening at the end of the season and that he can get a better ride that way? He'd be all relaxed and chill going into the off-season, and probably a lot fresher come A1.
Loser? No. Wasted talent, maybe a touch of that. That guy has amazing skills on a bike.
Xeno
6/29/2015 1:09pm
Teams hire him because he wins Supercross races.

Here is his peer group of active 450 Supercross winners:

Dungey
Tomac
Reed
Short
Grant
Canard
Seeley
Roczen
Bubba
Barcia
Hill
RMT
6/29/2015 1:45pm
davistld01 wrote:
Sad that DM has gone from his great riding and everybody talking about "comeback" and all back in 2013, to two short years later the vast...
Sad that DM has gone from his great riding and everybody talking about "comeback" and all back in 2013, to two short years later the vast majority are basically calling him a loser. Not saying that the "back order" statement didn't raise an eyebrow with me...but, damn. Can we give the guy a little break?

This just came to me...do you think Millsaps is playing the "waiting game" hoping that someone will have an opening at the end of the season and that he can get a better ride that way? He'd be all relaxed and chill going into the off-season, and probably a lot fresher come A1.
For any other rider, I would think that would be not be a very good strategy to get a ride, but we are talking about DM18 so maybe it will work.
MT MX
6/29/2015 1:48pm
I think that his title sponsors financing is probably one reason he isn't racing. No one is ready to just support a raceteam 'out of the blue' 6 months into their fiscal year.

I would also say another thing holding 'things' up is because of legal issues with Kawi. A situation like that will never be water under the bridge.

The Shop

stackman17
6/29/2015 2:08pm
I thought he came out and said he won't race again until MEC
newmann
6/29/2015 2:12pm
I watched the first few minutes and caught where he said he was waiting on something to get to the races in...guessing motorhome?? Or his own personal 18 wheeler...Reed could probably help there.
CrashMaster
6/29/2015 2:14pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
The Epstein–Barr virus (EBV), also called human herpesvirus 4 (HHV-4), is one of eight viruses in the herpes family, and is one of the most common...
The Epstein–Barr virus (EBV), also called human herpesvirus 4 (HHV-4), is one of eight viruses in the herpes family, and is one of the most common viruses in humans.
Infection with EBV occurs by the oral transfer of saliva[8] and genital secretions.

Why are so many motocrossers getting this?
Gotta taste the pussy!
PTshox
6/29/2015 2:51pm
With Davi I guess any excuse will do.

If he really wanted to race he'd be out there now. Just by a bike and get kit suspension and a motor done. He has the contacts to do that in a few days if he really wanted to. It's not that hard. And that 2013 Suz motor spec could be duplicated very quickly. I'll bet the old team has parts.. If not they can get them done quick.

This is just about excuses. Which one will he pick next?
Krazyk2774
6/29/2015 3:44pm
I understand not wanting to fund racing out of your own pocket. Would any of us pay to go to work? But at the same time if your not racing your quickly forgotten! It would be in his best interest to get back out there and show some heart and determination to potential teams and sponsors!
As someone said, Andrew Short did it, and doing so he proved how much desire and determination he has! He wanted to keep the competitive edge and keep his name in the game. That guy just plain loves racing his dirt bike and that's why he's still doing it at such a high level!
mark_swart
6/29/2015 4:04pm
Personal opinions aside, I did find it interesting he said he is running spring forks...
wsc96
Fantasy
451st
6/29/2015 4:17pm
newmann wrote:
I watched the first few minutes and caught where he said he was waiting on something to get to the races in...guessing motorhome?? Or his own...
I watched the first few minutes and caught where he said he was waiting on something to get to the races in...guessing motorhome?? Or his own personal 18 wheeler...Reed could probably help there.
I think in one of Matthes' recent podcasts he said that Davi had contacted Chad regarding their semi.
Roostermx58
6/29/2015 4:29pm
newmann wrote:
I watched the first few minutes and caught where he said he was waiting on something to get to the races in...guessing motorhome?? Or his own...
wsc96 wrote:
I think in one of Matthes' recent podcasts he said that Davi had contacted Chad regarding their semi.
I know Kyle Peters/Peters Auto Mall has their rig up for sale.
Justin345
6/29/2015 6:46pm
machine wrote:
Not much is known about the disease, other than it seems to disproportionately attack factory riders whose race results have recently suffered.
Grinning Win!!
yz763
6/29/2015 8:44pm
Monster Energy/ Discount Tires/ Mountain Motorsports Yamaha's next year with Reed and Milsaps.
Grieby54
6/29/2015 8:47pm
yz763 wrote:
Monster Energy/ Discount Tires/ Mountain Motorsports Yamaha's next year with Reed and Milsaps.
Wouldn't that be the most whiny/excuse filled team in history...
yz763
6/29/2015 9:04pm Edited Date/Time 6/29/2015 9:31pm
Grieby54 wrote:
Wouldn't that be the most whiny/excuse filled team in history...
But think about this.....

All of these Guys are shoe ins for multiple wins
Dungey
Bubba
Roczen

At least one of these guys can get 2 wins and the other three have proven to pull rabbits out of hats
Tomac
Reed
Milsaps
Canard

Both of these guys are good for at least 1 win
Seeley
Barcia

Pretty good chance only one of these guys can get a win if the stars align
Hill
Short
Grant

The top seven (in my edited list) are a lot closer than the bottom 5 are with maybe the exception of Seely. So for a team like Monster, Mountain Motorsports, Yamaha, Discount Tire....They would be doing well on a relatively smaller budget.
Bubba might move down to the 'at least 2 wins' list but he's unpredictable and he also has to be hungry.
plowboy
6/29/2015 9:29pm
Lets be honest here fellas. Barring any contractual aggreements/restrictions from his previous team.....the only thing stopping Davi from racing is the want to. If any normal moto head had his skill and recources we'd be out there. He's obviously motovated by something other than love of the sport. Time to get over it.
yz763
6/29/2015 9:41pm
plowboy wrote:
Lets be honest here fellas. Barring any contractual aggreements/restrictions from his previous team.....the only thing stopping Davi from racing is the want to. If any normal...
Lets be honest here fellas. Barring any contractual aggreements/restrictions from his previous team.....the only thing stopping Davi from racing is the want to. If any normal moto head had his skill and recources we'd be out there. He's obviously motovated by something other than love of the sport. Time to get over it.
Or maybe he doesn't feel like racing if he can't give 100%.
yakrider
6/29/2015 9:59pm
You yanks sure like pissing on your own riders.
yakrider
6/29/2015 10:00pm Edited Date/Time 6/29/2015 10:01pm
yz763 wrote:
Or maybe he doesn't feel like racing if he can't give 100%.
Give them a break, I'm sure they know what it takes to be competitive at Davi's level.
yz763
6/29/2015 10:04pm
yakrider wrote:
Give them a break, I'm sure they know what it takes to be competitive at Davi's level.
Give who a break? I am sticking up for Milsaps...
yakrider
6/29/2015 10:06pm Edited Date/Time 6/29/2015 10:07pm
yakrider wrote:
yz763 wrote:
Give who a break? I am sticking up for Milsaps...
I am too. I was being sarcastic when I replied. These blokes are acting like all it takes is a bike, some parts and a truck and you can go race. True at their beginner level, but not so true at the higher levels. I think that it probably takes more than that to be competitive at Davi's level and that when he decides to race he wants to make sure he is prepared.
WORCSRacer
6/29/2015 10:11pm Edited Date/Time 6/29/2015 10:15pm
That video was a hoot!! Between the inside jokes with the clowns at TWMX, the dip shit bro style and the fact that sitting there is a 27 year old man with a wife and family admitting the only thing he likes to do is race Moto BUT, he can't because he's waiting for parts and there no sense in going out if he can't top 5.... HILARIOUS!!!!

Davi here's a tip: get off your ass and start thinking about the future. You're going to be a footnote in motocross history in 18 months. Why don't you just cut to the chase and start your MX school now before you further embarrass yourself.
yz763
6/29/2015 10:17pm
yakrider wrote:
I am too. I was being sarcastic when I replied. These blokes are acting like all it takes is a bike, some parts and a truck...
I am too. I was being sarcastic when I replied. These blokes are acting like all it takes is a bike, some parts and a truck and you can go race. True at their beginner level, but not so true at the higher levels. I think that it probably takes more than that to be competitive at Davi's level and that when he decides to race he wants to make sure he is prepared.
I agree 100%. Insert sarcasm....You mean to tell me I can't have factory suspension preconfigured to 2013 overnighted!?!?
Most of these keyboard jockeys are used to getting their off the shelf graphics sent out same day so they can race the local fair race. News flash jerkey's.....when you're a former professional champion and potential top 5 guy....swapping between works spring and works air suspension based off of tracks and conditions is a little more than a shim here and a shim there.
OR Racer46
Fantasy
843rd
6/29/2015 10:54pm Edited Date/Time 6/29/2015 11:03pm
Why would he want 2013 suspension ? We are not talklng about sx here .

Post a reply to: Millsaps, some questions answered

The Latest