Millsaps sid...

bobby397
7/16/2009 7:15pm
Big Lenny wrote:
From RacerX [b]A lot of people question a rider’s motivations when they’re out hurt and stuff, and people have been doing that with you...[/b] With me...
From RacerX

A lot of people question a rider’s motivations when they’re out hurt and stuff, and people have been doing that with you...

With me, every year, when I get hurt, everyone thinks I get hurt and I don’t come back because I’m over it, but I get hurt and I don’t come back because I’m still hurt! [Laughs] Are you kidding me? All the people who talk on the internet or whatever, I’d like to see them get out there and do something. All they do is talk smack about me and the other riders, so why talk smack if you can’t do it? My desire right now is really high.

~DM~
Nerd wrote:
Okay, so you think that Ferry, Hepler, Hill, Villopoto, Alessi, Millsaps (don't know why you included him since so many people were saying he's part of...
Okay, so you think that Ferry, Hepler, Hill, Villopoto, Alessi, Millsaps (don't know why you included him since so many people were saying he's part of the problem), James, LAWRENCE, etc, would ALL be in front of him if they were racing?

Top 10 "probably"?!

Wow.

Okay.
jbomx is right, when those other guys are healthy, hot sauce is always around the top 10.
think about it,

1. stewie
2. RV
3 alessi
4 reed
5 grant
6 hepler
7 j law (fast enough)
8 hot sauce
9 short
10 ferry

i think he knows this is his shot at a championships and getting a rider for 2010. hope the best for him and hope he can keep it together
Nerd
7/16/2009 7:35pm
So Lawrence is better than Tedesco?

And Hepler?

Tedesco has a National Championship and two Lites SX titles, and he's not as good as Hepler and Lawrence?
Sonny
7/16/2009 7:37pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:57am
All the people who talk on the internet or whatever, I’d like to see them get out there and do something. All they do is talk smack about me and the other riders, so why talk smack if you can’t do it? Millsaps

Well Davi, maybe if some of us local racers had a great grandpapi's that left the family a few hundred acres of an ex-slavery plantation and plenty of money, we would be where you are today and could "do it". You've ridden bikes all your life and was always supported by other people. Good for you, I'm happy it worked out for you like it did. But get over yourself, Buford. You're privileged, walk away humble.
mxtryon231
7/16/2009 7:38pm
Nerd wrote:
So Lawrence is better than Tedesco? And Hepler? Tedesco has a National Championship and two Lites SX titles, and he's not as good as Hepler and...

And Hepler?

Tedesco has a National Championship and two Lites SX titles, and he's not as good as Hepler and Lawrence?
seriously..

This whole argument of "wahhh well he only won beacuse so and so if hurt" is bullshit!!

Nobody counted last year's Lombardi Trophy as a tainted championship just because Tom Brady was hurt did they?

A championship is worth the same no matter who is out there..it means you were the best out of all of the competition..

A moto win is hard enough to come by, and the guy wins an overall and still gets no respect..

The Shop

bobby397
7/16/2009 7:40pm
Nerd wrote:
So Lawrence is better than Tedesco? And Hepler? Tedesco has a National Championship and two Lites SX titles, and he's not as good as Hepler and...

And Hepler?

j law has a lites championship? im saying if all were healthy, speed wise he's only around top ten. past titles have nothing to do with the present, but i am hope he may can pull this one off
swizcore
7/16/2009 7:49pm
I really dont see how you could put Tedesco in the argument.

He has had some tough injuries the last few years and he even tried to race back into shape while injured and we all know how that usually ends up. And racing with injuries, not getting the results your hoping for really kills confidence and with dwindeling confidence your pretty much hosed until you get back on top; which he did a few weeks ago.

I've never been a big IT fan but I think he's getting his confidence back and finally healthy so he could definitely contend. This year for sure, and thats all that matters right now.
Nerd
7/16/2009 7:52pm
Nerd wrote:

And Hepler?

bobby397 wrote:
j law has a lites championship? im saying if all were healthy, speed wise he's only around top ten. past titles have nothing to do with...
j law has a lites championship? im saying if all were healthy, speed wise he's only around top ten. past titles have nothing to do with the present, but i am hope he may can pull this one off
I guess being in North Carolina you haven't been to many of the races this year.

You should go.
BobbyM
7/16/2009 9:07pm
shame he had to trade his mom for a sweet mount....wow.
TJ 755
7/16/2009 9:18pm
TJ 755 wrote:
So signing a contract is stealing? You ever watch him just try to walk? Makes Pastrana look good.
RMZ819 wrote:
Half assing it through a contract is stealing. Saying you are tired of racing while you are sucking on the track is stealing. I could give...
Half assing it through a contract is stealing. Saying you are tired of racing while you are sucking on the track is stealing. I could give 2 shits how the guys walks. He was and is paid to do a J O B !!!!!! That's the part these fucking kids don't get. They don't know what work is. They think they do but they really don't have a fucking clue.

When the incentive based contracts start being the standard Milsaps and IT will have there pictures on the upper left hand corner of the contract. Those 2 cats and Kdub for that matter are living proof of why incentive based contracts are needed.

Listen, I have never been a Milsaps fan. I am not defending the guy at all. I always thought he was kind of a big baby and this was confirmed when I sat and watched him at the 250 shoot out in vegas a few years back low side in a corner get up and kick his front wheel a couple times and then quit racing. All I am saying is he is under contract.Not stealing. I agree, more incentive based contracts is a good idea and I am sure they will go that way but if you're fucked up you're fucked up. Kid has boat loads of talent and speed and I like to see competition so the more the merrier out on the track. I do like his style though . I really don't know why I am giving you my take on this because you are a super-negative douche.
7/16/2009 9:45pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:57am
This is a shit thread........sorry it was Davi this time who had to smell it.

Incentive contracts? Why the fuck would you care?

The riders build a resume and negotiate a pay based off that.

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
7/16/2009 9:56pm
Nobody here has any idea what Davi has been through the last 2 years. Family, injury after injury and a stomach issue, maybe you should cut the kid a break.

TJ 755
7/16/2009 9:58pm
This is a shit thread........sorry it was Davi this time who had to smell it. Incentive contracts? Why the fuck would you care? The riders build...
This is a shit thread........sorry it was Davi this time who had to smell it.

Incentive contracts? Why the fuck would you care?

The riders build a resume and negotiate a pay based off that.

And that is exactly why it is not "stealing". With all the cut backs at the factories I would think they might try to go more that way but the truth is if your hurt you cant ride to potential. It is pure speculation to say a guy is sand bagging when he is hurt. The results don't lie.
Sonny
7/17/2009 3:03am
BobbyM wrote:
shame he had to trade his mom for a sweet mount....wow.
Yeah, why is this chick so involved anyway? Doesn't she have cleaning to do? This is an adult now and it's time to let go.
RMZ819
7/17/2009 4:47am
TJ 755 wrote:
So signing a contract is stealing? You ever watch him just try to walk? Makes Pastrana look good.
RMZ819 wrote:
Half assing it through a contract is stealing. Saying you are tired of racing while you are sucking on the track is stealing. I could give...
Half assing it through a contract is stealing. Saying you are tired of racing while you are sucking on the track is stealing. I could give 2 shits how the guys walks. He was and is paid to do a J O B !!!!!! That's the part these fucking kids don't get. They don't know what work is. They think they do but they really don't have a fucking clue.

When the incentive based contracts start being the standard Milsaps and IT will have there pictures on the upper left hand corner of the contract. Those 2 cats and Kdub for that matter are living proof of why incentive based contracts are needed.

TJ 755 wrote:
Listen, I have never been a Milsaps fan. I am not defending the guy at all. I always thought he was kind of a big baby...
Listen, I have never been a Milsaps fan. I am not defending the guy at all. I always thought he was kind of a big baby and this was confirmed when I sat and watched him at the 250 shoot out in vegas a few years back low side in a corner get up and kick his front wheel a couple times and then quit racing. All I am saying is he is under contract.Not stealing. I agree, more incentive based contracts is a good idea and I am sure they will go that way but if you're fucked up you're fucked up. Kid has boat loads of talent and speed and I like to see competition so the more the merrier out on the track. I do like his style though . I really don't know why I am giving you my take on this because you are a super-negative douche.
Pretend that you are on a salary and you go to work and tell your boss on Monday that you are just not feelling it this week. You just don't seem to think you are going to have a good week of work coming up and are a little burnt out. After that you then say I am going golfing and boating this week and need to get away from this job for a while and I will see you next monday.

So tell me, Do you think your check will Deposit on Friday???? Try it and let me know.

Milsaps got his check because he has a contract. In the real world he would be picking up cans on the interstate.

Best Regards,

MR!!! Super-Negative Douche.
jt $
7/17/2009 4:48am
He was kicking his front wheel to try to straighten it... not like a crybaby kick. His front end was twisted up and he couldn't steer straight. I'm not getting involved in any part of the argument but that was kind of a BS shot at him so I had to speak up.
Wandell
7/17/2009 6:46am
Wow! Look at it this way Davi (if you're reading this), if everyone is on your ass this week at least Stewart and Reed are getting a break!Laughing
cpj36
7/17/2009 7:02am Edited Date/Time 7/17/2009 7:02am
This thread makes it abundantly clear that most of us could never imagine the difficult life of being a millionaire dirt bike racer in your 20's
P
7/17/2009 7:16am
Big Lenny wrote:
From RacerX [b]A lot of people question a rider’s motivations when they’re out hurt and stuff, and people have been doing that with you...[/b] With me...
From RacerX

A lot of people question a rider’s motivations when they’re out hurt and stuff, and people have been doing that with you...

With me, every year, when I get hurt, everyone thinks I get hurt and I don’t come back because I’m over it, but I get hurt and I don’t come back because I’m still hurt! [Laughs] Are you kidding me? All the people who talk on the internet or whatever, I’d like to see them get out there and do something. All they do is talk smack about me and the other riders, so why talk smack if you can’t do it? My desire right now is really high.

~DM~
Honestly, I didn't notice that he was not racing.............

I think people put too much presure on him to be "that guy". When he turned Pro I thought he would do ok, but nothing like what some people were trying to make him out to be.

Either way, I hope he can come back and do well.

P
MXTRAINER1
7/17/2009 7:20am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:57am
What may seem to many of you that the riders do not care or are just there to take advantage of their employers is not the case.
Most of the attackers have never had to ride injured with the best MX/SX athletes in the world yet alone at their local track.
Even if the physical injury is in the healing process the mental side can and does take much longer to bring the athlete back to 100% ready to win.

Next time someone feels that it should be easy to race against the best with an injury and perform up to everyone elses standards try this.

Break your hand and go look for a fight. But make sure to bring everyone that knows you to watch. I'm sure your confidence will be fine and you will fight to your expectations.
Oh, and please post a video so we can make sure you weren't just fighting for the money.

Alan Gerkey
motoxhead
7/17/2009 7:24am Edited Date/Time 7/17/2009 7:24am
Davey's attitude has never been humble or appreciative of his position in my opinion.
MXTRAINER1
7/17/2009 7:34am
motoxhead wrote:
Davey's attitude has never been humble or appreciative of his position in my opinion.
You may need to meet him to make a valid opinion.
Not all athletes come across the way some feel they should, yet inside they all want to win.
Davi is no different.

Alan Gerkey
agency399
7/17/2009 7:38am
And newman......

I watched him come to a local race a few years back with a nice big motor home and guess what, he wasnt in it all day long.

He was out in the pits walking around and under the pavilon at the track most of the day, talking with anyone who would approach him.

And man was he awsome on that track.

Mabey he had a bad moment and its to bad a kid had to see it, but it happens. There is no way you can say that kid is a dick though.

RMZ:

Stealing? Just because you dont think it looks like he is trying? Wow.......try not to judge somone like that untill you walk in their shoes, mabey you wont be so bitter. Better yet, go pound some motos and remember how hard this sport is.
jndmx
7/17/2009 7:46am
MXTRAINER1 wrote:
What may seem to many of you that the riders do not care or are just there to take advantage of their employers is not the...
What may seem to many of you that the riders do not care or are just there to take advantage of their employers is not the case.
Most of the attackers have never had to ride injured with the best MX/SX athletes in the world yet alone at their local track.
Even if the physical injury is in the healing process the mental side can and does take much longer to bring the athlete back to 100% ready to win.

Next time someone feels that it should be easy to race against the best with an injury and perform up to everyone elses standards try this.

Break your hand and go look for a fight. But make sure to bring everyone that knows you to watch. I'm sure your confidence will be fine and you will fight to your expectations.
Oh, and please post a video so we can make sure you weren't just fighting for the money.

Alan Gerkey
Well said Alan.
jbomx363
7/17/2009 7:51am
MXTRAINER1 wrote:
What may seem to many of you that the riders do not care or are just there to take advantage of their employers is not the...

Alan Gerkey
jndmx wrote:
Well said Alan.
Image is everything.

When the majority of public perception is a bad image, maybe there's something to it and vice versa.

In this case, I don't think the majority feels that way. Sure, everyone has bad moments, but IMO, Daveys are minimal comparatively speaking.

He's a good guy to me and I hope he does well.

flarider
7/17/2009 7:58am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:57am
mxdad wrote:
That is why you should RACE motocross if you are going to post on a motocross forum. This is not a dirt bike owner forum or...
That is why you should RACE motocross if you are going to post on a motocross forum. This is not a dirt bike owner forum or is it? The word motocross is motorcycle racing. Not motorcycle owning or riding. I hope Milsaps win this weekend. He can't do much worse than he has the past 2 years. And as far as the smooth tracks go. F that. Us amatures should not race rougher tracks than the pros. Dig that shit deep. Trowel out 90 braking bumps on the downhills and uphills. Shit if the track I rode today at millville is smoother than the track on saturday Im going to lose respect for those guys. Just saying.
mxdad, can you please provide your racing resume?

Just curious

As for you assholes trashing these riders, most of you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Yes, Davi has bad days like we all do. Yes, Davi has issues going on that none of you are aware of but still gets the finishes he does.

Top 5 sucks now?

Top 10 sucks now?

Podium finishes suck now?

So if you don't win, you suck? Is that really how you people see it?

There is a lot of shit going on that you NEVER hear and NEVER SEE, because it's really none of your business.

But if you think Davi "sucks" you are obviously a moron and don't pay attention.

What matters is what his bosses think, and if they think he's a waste, they'll either can him at the end of the contract or even tell him to stay home to recover from whatever his problem is...and this applies to all riders and teams. It still costs money to fly a rider and mechanic as well as room, feed, rental cars and more.

Morons

Oh, one last thing, many times when a rider changes teams, it's THE RIDERS DECISION, not that he wasn't "re-signed." That goes back to the "There is a lot of shit going on that you NEVER hear and NEVER SEE, because it's really none of your business."

CamP
7/17/2009 8:13am
I'd love to see these "mx critics" ride a bike. They probably couldn't win the D class here in N. Texas.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
975th
7/17/2009 8:22am
CamP wrote:
I'd love to see these "mx critics" ride a bike. They probably couldn't win the D class here in N. Texas.
They arent paid to.
Im not defending the Millsaps trashers, its clear he isnt healthy, you dont go from winning to not being in it for no real reason. But the fact of the matter is, he is a professional, his job is to be watched by fans, so it comes with the territory. If he cant handle it thats his issue.
cpj36
7/17/2009 8:53am
MXTRAINER1 wrote:

Alan Gerkey
Fighters do this, maybe some of these guys are fighters and have done this on whatever level they compete. I bet Davi wouldn't break a hand and fight either. This isn't mx but it's just as relevant as an analogy between Davi on a bike and any of us doing something, including pro mx, that we don't do.

Since he has an upcoming fight, Roy Jones has fought a career with bad hands, fought fights with one good hand, as have many. He says the net trash talkers couldn't do it, well no doubt, we couldn't do it healthy and that's why we're not pro mx riders. To say we can't do it is a point not worth making but many of us do ride hurt at whatever level we compete, but I still don't hear anyone comparing themselves to these guys.

We go to work sick or ill, some have no choice and actually have to do physical labor while injured to pay the bills. Most of the time they're performance is criticized by coworkers and a boss that doesn't care if they're aggravating an injury, only that it isn't an excuse for poor job performance. Even guys hurt at work are subject to this.

The only internet trash talkers he should reference are either pros that do what they accuse him of doing or normal guys that conduct their professional lives the same way they say he does.

bobby397
7/17/2009 9:15am
Nerd wrote:

And Hepler?

bobby397 wrote:
j law has a lites championship? im saying if all were healthy, speed wise he's only around top ten. past titles have nothing to do with...
Nerd wrote:
I guess being in North Carolina you haven't been to many of the races this year.

You should go.
i go to about 5-6 races a year, alanta sx, orlando sx, daytona sx, and i attended mt. morris so far this year with the plans to attend budds creek and steel city. so i do my fair share. never said i wasnt a fan of tedesco, nethier did i say i hope he doesnt win. but in MY opinion if all were racing and healthy, he would be somewhere around tenth. but they are not, so runner up or 2nd runner up will be a successful season for him.
JB 19
7/17/2009 9:57am
I agree with him.

Post a reply to: Millsaps sid...

The Latest