Millsaps sid...

Big Lenny
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 3:48am
From RacerX

A lot of people question a rider’s motivations when they’re out hurt and stuff, and people have been doing that with you...

With me, every year, when I get hurt, everyone thinks I get hurt and I don’t come back because I’m over it, but I get hurt and I don’t come back because I’m still hurt! [Laughs] Are you kidding me? All the people who talk on the internet or whatever, I’d like to see them get out there and do something. All they do is talk smack about me and the other riders, so why talk smack if you can’t do it? My desire right now is really high.

~DM~
|
ChrisB
7/16/2009 12:39pm
I swear the first time I read that it said "my desire right now is to get really high" ... lol
swizcore
7/16/2009 12:45pm
Sounds like someone has a guilty conscience.
ChrisB
7/16/2009 12:48pm
swizcore wrote:
Not really, I really DO want to get really high... but, I quit that a long time ago... wait, what time is it? Tongue
FIREfish148
7/16/2009 12:49pm
Man what an ass. I hope he does good this weekend though if he races.

The Shop

WhKnuckle
7/16/2009 12:49pm
I was more interested in his comment that the bikes are so fast these days that they need to make the tracks smoother to make the racing safer. I'd think it's the other way around - put a works 450 on a smooth track and you'll get a lot of real high-speed crashes and riders hitting trees/fences/track marker posts/etc while going really fast. I love high speed, smooth straights on my 500, but I don't think it's all that safe.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
7/16/2009 12:57pm
Could have sworn 4 months ago Millsaps said he was over it all and was gonna quit practicing so he could get some personal time in.
Titan
7/16/2009 1:07pm
I think he should just stop reading the internet message boards if he's going to complain about what they sad...that's what I think.

But I'd love to give what he does a go...I'll take his ride and his salary and give it a go, any day.

The point of the message boards is that it's a shame for someone with his talent to not be winning races...no body on the internet complains when Jason Thomas, or cody cooper, or any of those guys don't win...because I don't think anyone really thinks they have the potential to win (no offense to either of those guys)....nobody likes to see talent wasted...that's why the message boards complain about him not winning.

7/16/2009 1:09pm
Millsaps is right, everyone on the internet just talks shit about everyone that isn't them.
WhKnuckle
7/16/2009 1:10pm
Titan wrote:
I think he should just stop reading the internet message boards if he's going to complain about what they sad...that's what I think. But I'd love...
I think he should just stop reading the internet message boards if he's going to complain about what they sad...that's what I think.

But I'd love to give what he does a go...I'll take his ride and his salary and give it a go, any day.

The point of the message boards is that it's a shame for someone with his talent to not be winning races...no body on the internet complains when Jason Thomas, or cody cooper, or any of those guys don't win...because I don't think anyone really thinks they have the potential to win (no offense to either of those guys)....nobody likes to see talent wasted...that's why the message boards complain about him not winning.

But we'd be smart to observe that 40 guys start the race and only one wins. That doesn't mean the other 39 aren't trying.
peelout719
7/16/2009 1:13pm
Millsaps is right, everyone on the internet just talks shit about everyone that isn't them.
1 - you're an idiot
2 - stfu
3 - please
mxdad
7/16/2009 1:33pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2009 1:34pm
That is why you should RACE motocross if you are going to post on a motocross forum. This is not a dirt bike owner forum or is it? The word motocross is motorcycle racing. Not motorcycle owning or riding. I hope Milsaps win this weekend. He can't do much worse than he has the past 2 years. And as far as the smooth tracks go. F that. Us amatures should not race rougher tracks than the pros. Dig that shit deep. Trowel out 90 braking bumps on the downhills and uphills. Shit if the track I rode today at millville is smoother than the track on saturday Im going to lose respect for those guys. Just saying.
swizcore
7/16/2009 1:35pm
ChrisB wrote:
Not really, I really DO want to get really high... but, I quit that a long time ago... wait, what time is it? Tongue
LOL you really do have a guilty conscience because I was referring to Millsaps!! Har
trick121
7/16/2009 1:44pm
That is the price of being a highly paid athelete...you must perform or others will question your motivation and skills.

Milsaps seems to be a good guy from what other riders have said...he has plenty of skill....its just he fails at protecting his body while on the track.

Wandell
7/16/2009 1:48pm
Davi is a good guy. I wish him the best of luck this weekend.
RMZ819
7/16/2009 2:31pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2009 2:39pm
swizcore wrote:
Milsaps has stolen more money than anyone in MX. Kdub use to hold that honor but in the last 2 yrs Milsaps has made Kdub his bitch in the overpaid with no results department.
Nerd
7/16/2009 2:35pm
swizcore wrote:
RMZ819 wrote:
Milsaps has stolen more money than anyone in MX. Kdub use to hold that honor but in the last 2 yrs Milsaps has made Kdub his...
Milsaps has stolen more money than anyone in MX. Kdub use to hold that honor but in the last 2 yrs Milsaps has made Kdub his bitch in the overpaid with no results department.
Well, you just legitimized his comment!

Ha!
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
7/16/2009 2:51pm
swizcore wrote:
RMZ819 wrote:
Milsaps has stolen more money than anyone in MX. Kdub use to hold that honor but in the last 2 yrs Milsaps has made Kdub his...
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

"
TJ 755
7/16/2009 2:57pm
So signing a contract is stealing? You ever watch him just try to walk? Makes Pastrana look good.
newmann
7/16/2009 3:55pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2009 3:55pm
Well the least he could do when he's not racing (but showing up at the races to just hang out in the Muscle Milk tent) is try and be a little more courteous to his fans. Sad when a twelve and fourteen year old come back from trying to get a picture with him only to hear them say how rude he was. One of them actually referred to him as a dick. Kids are pretty damn honest. I had to laugh .
Clutchy
7/16/2009 4:07pm
results dont lie............... If your too hurt to race and get results you'll be moved on.
axel57
7/16/2009 5:46pm
Maybe you should take his advice Len!
RMZ819
7/16/2009 5:57pm
TJ 755 wrote:
So signing a contract is stealing? You ever watch him just try to walk? Makes Pastrana look good.
Half assing it through a contract is stealing. Saying you are tired of racing while you are sucking on the track is stealing. I could give 2 shits how the guys walks. He was and is paid to do a J O B !!!!!! That's the part these fucking kids don't get. They don't know what work is. They think they do but they really don't have a fucking clue.

When the incentive based contracts start being the standard Milsaps and IT will have there pictures on the upper left hand corner of the contract. Those 2 cats and Kdub for that matter are living proof of why incentive based contracts are needed.

WhKnuckle
7/16/2009 5:59pm
Clutchy wrote:
results dont lie............... If your too hurt to race and get results you'll be moved on.
I remember watching Heath Voss at Lakewood in '06 - he had a back injury and could hardly walk but he was trying to ride, and he was out there circulating in 15th or something, and I thought, "He's not doing himself or Yamaha any good. Go home and get well." But he'd have lost that Yamaha ride and he was looking for a miracle that would let him keep it.
Nerd
7/16/2009 5:59pm
TJ 755 wrote:
RMZ819 wrote:
Half assing it through a contract is stealing. Saying you are tired of racing while you are sucking on the track is stealing. I could give...
Half assing it through a contract is stealing. Saying you are tired of racing while you are sucking on the track is stealing. I could give 2 shits how the guys walks. He was and is paid to do a J O B !!!!!! That's the part these fucking kids don't get. They don't know what work is. They think they do but they really don't have a fucking clue.

When the incentive based contracts start being the standard Milsaps and IT will have there pictures on the upper left hand corner of the contract. Those 2 cats and Kdub for that matter are living proof of why incentive based contracts are needed.

Tedesco?

The guy who just won a national a couple races ago?
jbomx363
7/16/2009 6:19pm
Nerd wrote:
Tedesco?

Yeup.. funny how that happens when they know they are close to losing their ride eh?

Contract yrs.
Nerd
7/16/2009 6:26pm
Nerd wrote:
Tedesco?

jbomx363 wrote:
Yeup.. funny how that happens when they know they are close to losing their ride eh?

Contract yrs.
Does anyone in here know how hard it is to ride at the National level?

Now, try doing it with significant injuries/ailments.

Riders get hurt. It's a rough sport. But Tedesco is finally healthy and he's doing well. He was in a contract year last year, too, wasn't he?
jbomx363
7/16/2009 6:38pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:57am
Nerd wrote:
Does anyone in here know how hard it is to ride at the National level? Now, try doing it with significant injuries/ailments. Riders get hurt. It's...
Does anyone in here know how hard it is to ride at the National level?

Now, try doing it with significant injuries/ailments.

Riders get hurt. It's a rough sport. But Tedesco is finally healthy and he's doing well. He was in a contract year last year, too, wasn't he?
Doing well. Yep.

Doing well in a full field? Who knows. .. but I'd say top 10 probably.

Not trying to be a jerk..cause I actually enjoy watching him ride.

JG will be ahead of him soon.

Ferry basically out.

Team Yamaha, out.

RV out.

MA out.

Milsaps out.

Bubba vacationing.

Jlaw.. well.. who knows.

If I'm a team manager, I'd try and find someone that would be top 5, not top 10 next year. Considering I feel that Goerke would do better on factory bike, Dungey is coming up, Pourcel, etc. etc.

Guess we'll see after 6 more races.
Nerd
7/16/2009 6:55pm
Big Lenny wrote:
From RacerX [b]A lot of people question a rider’s motivations when they’re out hurt and stuff, and people have been doing that with you...[/b] With me...
From RacerX

A lot of people question a rider’s motivations when they’re out hurt and stuff, and people have been doing that with you...

With me, every year, when I get hurt, everyone thinks I get hurt and I don’t come back because I’m over it, but I get hurt and I don’t come back because I’m still hurt! [Laughs] Are you kidding me? All the people who talk on the internet or whatever, I’d like to see them get out there and do something. All they do is talk smack about me and the other riders, so why talk smack if you can’t do it? My desire right now is really high.

~DM~
Okay, so you think that Ferry, Hepler, Hill, Villopoto, Alessi, Millsaps (don't know why you included him since so many people were saying he's part of the problem), James, LAWRENCE, etc, would ALL be in front of him if they were racing?

Top 10 "probably"?!

Wow.

Okay.
jbomx363
7/16/2009 6:59pm
Just what I think, doesn't mean it'd be true. And yes..I think most of them would be ahead of IT.

Isn't this what bench racing is about? What if, etc.?

Post a reply to: Millsaps sid...

The Latest